Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

The Most Effective Ways To Search For A Job. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Most Effective Ways To Search For A Job. (486 Views)

Are You Tired Of Looking For A Job || Your Search For Job Are Over | Read This / In Search For A Female Doctor Corper.....am Ready...pics / Prepare Your Self As You Leave Nysc Camp For Job Search For No Job In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Most Effective Ways To Search For A Job. by AmunaNo1: 9:29pm On Oct 28, 2015
he big question often in the lips of every graduate is *where are the jobs* and due to the geometric nature of job scarcity in our nation these days, the jobs are not found easily. The few available ones requires consistency and constant search to enable the job seeker know when the opportunity has made itself available and to catch it at once without any further delay.
A lot of misconceptions abound which constitute to the laziness of most job seekers, some of which include,
I don’t know anybody in that company or I don’t have a godfather there.
I don’t think my kind of person can cope with that firm.
My qualifications,/result grades are too poor to be employed in that company.
You should not allow such thoughts weigh down your aggressiveness in searching for that dream job. Develop your self-confidence always, not forgetting that God created you for a purpose, and that you are destined for greatness, don’t underestimate your potentials as a result of inferiority complex.
All these factors and many more make a lot of graduates laze at home waiting for their desired job to come to them and as such loose as the opportunity they can utilize in tracking a well-paying employment.
Ensure you don’t fall prey to inferiority complex and low self-esteem, stand up, dress corporate and go out in search of a job. Below are the various job search machinery that every job hunter can utilize to track he’s or her job successfully.
NATIONAL DAILIES
Our national and local newspapers, trade publications, magazines of professional associations, etc have been one of the greatest avenues through which job opportunities are showcased. Corporations and multi-national companies in the country use the national dailies as a means to advertise their vacancies. Examples of such newspapers are, Vanguard, Guardian, Sun, This Day and other related publications. It is the sole duty of every job seeker to develop the habit of visiting the vendor stand everyday in search of the vacancies that may relate to the areas of his or her own specialization. There is a serious need to make reading a part of your system to effectively utilize this search machinery.
INTERNET ADVERTS
70% of job vacancies in this computer era are no longer advertise via the national dailies, one of the ways to tap into this hidden jobs is through the internet. The internet has gone a long way in assisting enormous job searches in locating lucrative and white-collar employment opportunities.
In this 21st century a lot of job vacancies from various sectors are made available via online adverts. Most multi-national companies this days don’t bother publishing their vacancies in the national dailies, rather, they find it more flexible to place their adverts in the companies website. Perhaps to enable them employ the services of those smart applicants that browse through the profile of their establishments.
Therefore, there is every need for you to be conversant with the websites of all the companies you may wish your services to be employed in. I was very much ashamed and embarrassed the day I overheard some ex-corps members saying openly that they dont...........

http://bizlads.com/the-most-effective-ways-to-search-for-a-job/

(1) (Reply)

NYSC MVP : Best Deal You'd Get This Season / Mahogany Display Cabinet With Glass Doors / Searching A For Job? Become A Blogger Like Linda Ikeji And Make Wave.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.