Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] (8986 Views)

Igbo Group Launches The Alaigbo Development Fund / IPOB Hurting Alaigbo Economy As Other States Watch In Peace / Alaigbo: Development Fantasy, Case Studies & Comparisons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 10:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
What would a sovereign Igbo country look like today?

This map gives an idea of the 'solid' areas of Igbo political unity and the greenish areas are the looser or more questionable areas. In terms of connectivity, the Imo River is actually links the 'solid' areas of the community to the ocean via Ibeno.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 10:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
Thoughts?

2 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by cheruv: 10:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
I can't believe that someone would cede our territories to please some disgruntled elements! angry

4 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 10:33pm On Oct 28, 2015
cheruv:
I can't believe that someone would cede our territories to please some disgruntled elements! angry

They aren't ceded, those are possible results of a referendum based on the peoples political leanings.

4 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by WIZGUY69(m): 10:41pm On Oct 28, 2015
I for see a Nation competing with Mali & South Sudan grin

6 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 10:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
WIZGUY69:
I for see a Nation competing with Mali & South Sudan grin

No need to foresee, you're already living in one.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by cheruv: 10:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
ezeagu:

They aren't ceded, those are possible results of a referendum based on the peoples political leanings.
Which app do you use in editing and producing maps
Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by kostadinis: 10:55pm On Oct 28, 2015
ezeagu:

This map gives an idea of the 'solid' areas of Igbo political unity and the greenish areas are the looser or more questionable areas. In terms of connectivity, the Imo River is actually links the 'solid' areas of the community to the ocean via Ibeno.

Let me take it town by town. How could anyone who said he's current with the ethnic politics of Nigeria doubt the resolve of Anioma towns as Asaba, Igbuzor, Ewulu, Akwukwu Igbo, Ogwashi, Nshiagu and their allies? Or Obigbo in Rivers state. The chances of the native of these towns voting yes to join a new country with their kins east of the Niger are even higher than some communities in the South East. This prognosis is highly misplaced. Did you personally conduct a field study of these commiunities or you just wrote drawing from the comments of a faceless forum?

11 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Herald47: 11:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
Idrismusty97:
It looks like a piece of shït.
idris where are the CHIBOK GIRLS your people kidnapped?

6 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 11:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
cheruv:

Which app do you use in editing and producing maps

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igboland#/media/File:Igboland.png

kostadinis:

Let me take it town by town. How could anyone who said he's current with the ethnic politics of Nigeria doubt the resolve of Anioma towns as Asaba, Igbuzor, Ewulu, Akwukwu Igbo, Ogwashi, Nshiagu and their allies? Or Obigbo in Rivers state. The chances of the native of these towns voting yes to join a new country with their kins east of the Niger are even higher than some communities in the South East. This prognosis is highly misplaced. Did you personally conduct a field study of these commiunities or you just wrote drawing from the comments of a faceless forum?

The map is rough, but also very conservative.

1 Like

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Herald47: 11:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
Idrismusty97:
It looks like a piece of shït.
idris where are the CHIBOK GIRLS your people kidnapped?,make sure you provide them before typping rubbish

2 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by tsdarkside(m): 11:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
bwahahahahahah.....!!!...

forget enugu,onitsha,owerri(even this area sounds urhobo),aba(even sound yoruba),,,,,,,

you shall get not even 1m2 of nigeria....walahi!!!... cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Herald47: 11:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
I hope those people saying that south east is landlocked are seeing the azumini river flowing into the atlantic ocean,if the river is well dredged it can accomodate container vessels.
Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by kostadinis: 11:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
ezeagu:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igboland#/media/File:Igboland.png

The map is rough, but also very conservative.

You didn't answer my questions, please. Educate me more on the "solid areas" and" looser and questionable".
Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 11:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
kostadinis:

You didn't answer my questions, please. Educate me more on the "solid areas" and" looser and questionable".

Those areas have known to have people who deny being Igbo and aren't as politically aligned with other Igbo people.

1 Like

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Ngwaukwu1(m): 11:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
ezeagu:

Your map is essentially based on arbitrary boundaries created by others for us. The boundaries were imposed on us by hostile tribes and their lackeys who view us as vanquished people. A generation ago our fathers were forced into a fratricidal war, in which they were outgunned and the outcome of which was that they ceded part of their ancestral lands to those who saw themselves as the victors of that war.

But we that have grown out of the rubble of that war, built lives out of the ashes and now stand proud, some of us a lot better off than the so called victors, do not agree with the boundaries. My brother we have seen the pictures of the war, the swollen and protruding stomach of our starving fathers, grounds littered with the bodies of the innocents slain just because they wanted to go their separate ways, and we the descendants of the survivors must make up our minds that no more shall we live as vanquished people. No more, shall we bend our backs and turn our cheeks in humiliation, allowing others to decide who we are and how we must live.

When the time comes, every piece of our ancestral lands on which the blood of our fathers and uncles and brothers and mothers were spilled; every piece of that land, will be reclaimed. So my brother, put away the map you have drawn. For though it is not your intention, that map insults the memory of over 2 million of our flesh and blood that were slain by the same people who see us as vanquished in war, and carve the boundaries of our inheritance for us.

My brother, put away this map, biko, and go back to your drawing board.

11 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by tsdarkside(m): 11:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
Herald47:
I hope those people saying that south east is landlocked are seeing the azumini river flowing into the atlantic ocean,if the river is well dredged it can accomodate container vessels.

you write like someone that has sense,,,can you please explain to me,why you are soooooooo desperate to leave nigeria?...
Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by kostadinis: 11:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
ezeagu:

Those areas have known to have people who deny being Igbo and aren't as politically aligned with other Igbo people.
Then i guessed right; was another Nairaland gossip as usual.
Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 11:16pm On Oct 28, 2015
Ngwaukwu1:

Your map is essentially based on arbitrary boundaries created by others for us. The boundaries were imposed on us by hostile tribes and there lackeys who view us as vanquished people. A generation ago our fathers were forced into a fratricidal war, in which they were outgunned and the outcome of which was that they ceded part of their ancestral lands to those who saw themselves as the victors of that war.

But we that have grown out of the rubble of that war, built lives out of the ashes and now stand proud, some of us a lot better off than the so called victors, do not agree with the boundaries. My brother we have seen the pictures of the war, the swollen and protruding stomach of our starving fathers, grounds littered with the bodies of the innocents slain just because they wanted to go their separate ways, and we the descendants of the survivors must make up our minds that no more shall we live as vanquished people. No more, shall we bend our backs and turn our cheeks in humiliation, allowing others to decide who we are and how we must live.

When the time comes, every piece of our ancestral lands on which the blood of our fathers and uncles and brothers and mothers were spilled; every piece of that land, will be reclaimed. So my brother, put away the map you have drawn. For though it is not your intention, that map insults the memory of over 2 million of our flesh and blood that were slain by the same people who see us as vanquished in war, and carve the boundaries of our inheritance for us.

This isn't about the father lands that were fought for, this is about the lands and people who want to be in an Igbo world.

4 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 11:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
kostadinis:

Then i guessed right; was another Nairaland gossip as usual.

I don't rely on nairaland gossip. I know a few of those communities very personally and where their political leanings are. People who argue about those lands are usually oblivious to the culture and history of those areas that are considered Igbo land sometimes. Consider the level of identification between people in Kwale and Owerri for example, despite the short distance.

2 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Ngwaukwu1(m): 11:19pm On Oct 28, 2015
ezeagu:

This isn't about the father lands that were fought for, this is about the lands and people who want to be in an Igbo world.

We don't know yet those of our kith and kin who would want to go with us. We should not be swayed by propaganda, championed by those who are hostile to us.
Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by tsdarkside(m): 11:20pm On Oct 28, 2015
Ngwaukwu1:

Your map is essentially based on arbitrary boundaries created by others for us. The boundaries were imposed on us by hostile tribes and there lackeys who view us as vanquished people. A generation ago our fathers were forced into a fratricidal war, in which they were outgunned and the outcome of which was that they ceded part of their ancestral lands to those who saw themselves as the victors of that war.

We have heard of the war and seen the pictures. But we that have grown out of the rubble of that war, built lives out of the ashes and now stand proud, some of us a lot better off than the so called victors, do not agree with the boundaries. My brother we have seen the pictures of the war, the swollen and protruding stomach of our starving fathers, grounds littered with the bodies of the innocents slain just because they wanted to go their separate ways, and we the descendants of the survivors must make up our minds that no more shall we live as vanquished people. No more, shall we bend our backs and turn our cheeks in humiliation, allowing others to decide who we are and how we must live.

which type of proud is this??...you were giving 20pounds each....do you even understand how much,the 20pounds of that time is worth today??...did every nigerian get 20pounds??...noooo,,,hell nooo!!!....now you want to insult us,with your wealth today,as if we didnt help you to get it the first place,out of guilt of the civil-war....we know we messed up against you!!!...but we paid our guilt...
soooo...dont be unfair.......

what is our concern that people like kanu swindel you off your 20pounds..........your family business not ours!!!....
soooo...dont blame the rest of nigeria for your family-palavers.......biko......

1 Like

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 11:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
Ngwaukwu1:

We don't know yet those of our kith and kin who would want to go with us. We should not be swayed by propaganda, championed by those who are hostile to us.

My point is that part of those hostile people are in the greenish areas of that map.

2 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 11:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
Ideal situation.

2 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Ngwaukwu1(m): 11:22pm On Oct 28, 2015
A lot of our brothers have been cowed into silence but once they see that we are resolute in our intentions to form our own nation, they will come. By our brothers I mean all Igbo and Igbo speaking peoples across the lower Niger.
Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by DelticStephEn(f): 11:22pm On Oct 28, 2015
ezeagu:

Guy your map is Nonsense.
have you Conduct anything in Anioma to know where we stand before drawing this Your Nonsense Map?
You guys are d one that is always Encouraging d west and others to divide us.
You better remove did nonsense map

9 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 11:27pm On Oct 28, 2015
DelticStephEn:

Guy your map is Nonsense.
have you Conduct anything in Anioma to know where we stand before drawing this Your Nonsense Map?
You guys are d one that is always Encouraging d west and others to divide us.
You better remove did nonsense map

This is just a speculation, it's good that people are coming out to confirm their identity.

3 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by kostadinis: 11:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
ezeagu:

I don't rely on nairaland gossip. I know a few of those communities very personally and where their political leanings are. People who argue about those lands are usually oblivious to the culture and history of those areas that are considered Igbo land sometimes. Consider the level of identification between people in Kwale and Owerri for example, despite the short distance.

I mentioned these specific towns to measure your knowledge of their political leanings, and you failed. Ukwuani is just one community and should not have been used as an example to buttress your garing misinformation. Do me a favor and tell me why the towns i mentioned were "loosers and questioneable"? At least, I was specific. And you said you "know" them.

2 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
ezeagu:

Ezeagu, which town are you from in Anambra? Let me affirm the Igbotic patriotism of your town to an average Asaba or Egbema man.

1 Like

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 11:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
Looser political ties, not "losers".

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Nigeria Did Not Get Required Support From Obama – Presidency / Tribunal Upholds Wike’s Electoral Victory, Dismisses Lp’s Petition / Anxiety In Ondo As Supreme Court Decides Akeredolu, Jegede’s Fate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.