Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,913 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] (9042 Views)

Igbo Group Launches The Alaigbo Development Fund / IPOB Hurting Alaigbo Economy As Other States Watch In Peace / Alaigbo: Development Fantasy, Case Studies & Comparisons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by kostadinis: 11:38pm On Oct 28, 2015
ezeagu:
Looser political ties, not "losers".

Oh, thanks for the correction. But, go on and satisfy my curiousity
Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 28, 2015
Am still waiting for an answer Ezeagu? Let me put you in your place, so that next time you wouldn't carry that your useless hand again to draw a useless map that would include your village.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 11:43pm On Oct 28, 2015
Chiwude:
Am still waiting for an answer Ezeagu? Let me put you in your place, so that next time you wouldn't carry that your useless hand again to draw a useless map that would include your village.

You're actually vexing for nothing. The map is a speculation, and a good one at that. Nothing here says that Anioma or even any other part of Igboland wouldn't be part of Igboland, only that there are areas that are historically not as tied to 'east' as an Imo and an Abia for instance. To deny that is just to stick your head in the sand.

3 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Duru1(m): 11:49pm On Oct 28, 2015
I beg of those who do not know the actual boundary of Igbo land to shy away from creating bogus art forms that tend to obfuscate. When time arrives, the true Igbo land shall be surprisingly known.

4 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Duru1(m): 11:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Donarozzi: 11:56pm On Oct 28, 2015
ezeagu:
Ideal situation.

Ezeagu, I cannot believe that you drew the map of Igboland and shaded out some portions questioning whether or not they would agree to join the Igbo country (Refer to your first map on this topic, and please make the right corrections immediately). The integrity and wholeness of Igboland is non-negotiable. Igboland is one indivisible entity. In the event of a referendum, the entire Igbo people will participate irrespective of their geopolitical regions. So, a referendum is based on the indigenous Igbo people and Igboland, and not on geopolitical regions. Secondly, Igboland is incomplete without Bonny and Opobo islands. So, make further corrections to your map by including Bonny and Opobo. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Ngwaukwu1(m): 11:57pm On Oct 28, 2015
Duru1:

Who gives a hoot about a head-case such as you? Who made a silly thwart the mouthpiece of Anioma?

Dede, I think the person you quoted, was actually implying that Anioma people were wrongly excluded in the initial map by Ezeagu! That's how it comes across to me any way.

1 Like

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 29, 2015
kostadinis:

Let me take it town by town. How could anyone who said he's current with the ethnic politics of Nigeria doubt the resolve of Anioma towns as Asaba, Igbuzor, Ewulu, Akwukwu Igbo, Ogwashi, Nshiagu and their allies? Or Obigbo in Rivers state. The chances of the native of these towns voting yes to join a new country with their kins east of the Niger are even higher than some communities in the South East. This prognosis is highly misplaced. Did you personally conduct a field study of these commiunities or you just wrote drawing from the comments of a faceless forum?

igbos anywhere on this planet want to leave Nigeria. If there's a referendum, nothing less than 96% will vote to exit nigeria.

1 Like

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by dialfa: 12:05am On Oct 29, 2015
Zoo map. Igboland is much bigger than that.

1 Like

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 29, 2015
ezeagu:

You're actually vexing for nothing. [b]The map is a speculation, and a good one at that.[/b]Nothing here says that Anioma or even any other part of Igboland wouldn't be part of Igboland, only that there are areas that are historically not as tied to 'east' as an Imo and an Abia for instance. To deny that is just to stick your head in the sand.
Let it remain a speculation. Do you even know the gravity of damage that map has caused, in the psyche of our blood brothers from the so-called South-South. I think its time we start conducting a paternity test in the South-East to know who is who amongst us. The bulk of your thread has always been divisive since I joined nairaland. The same goes for Afam4Eva and the two musketeers Chino and Abagworo who shamelessly expose their dirty linens in public.
Unu bu ndi n'enye ndi Yoruba, ike eji akpa dike n' etiti umuigbo. Unu ga kpachara anya, tupu egbe eli'gwe gbabuo unu ncha ebe ahu. Tufiakwa unu, umu ogbanje.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Duru1(m): 12:08am On Oct 29, 2015
Ngwaukwu1:

Dede, I think the person you quoted, was actually implying that Anioma people were wrongly excluded in the initial map by Ezeagu! That's how it comes across to me any way.

Nwannaya, it will be prudent to err on the part of posterity. The map is as incomplete as road work in Nigeria. It will not take long time before few loudmouthed ninnies make it favorable example.
Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Duru1(m): 12:12am On Oct 29, 2015
DelticStephEn:

Guy your map is Nonsense.
have you Conduct anything in Anioma to know where we stand before drawing this Your Nonsense Map?
You guys are d one that is always Encouraging d west and others to divide us.
You better remove did nonsense map

Please disregard my previous response to your post. I apologize!!!

3 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Duru1(m): 12:14am On Oct 29, 2015
Ngwaukwu1:

Nwadede, you could not be more correct. I have apologized to Nwanneanyi Nwanyi

1 Like

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 12:16am On Oct 29, 2015
Chiwude:
Let it remain a speculation. Do you even know the gravity of damage that map has caused, in the psyche of our blood brothers from the so-called South-South. I think its time we start conducting a paternity test in the South-East to know who is who amongst us. The bulk of your thread has always been divisive since I joined nairaland. The same goes for Afam4Eva and the two musketeers Chino and Abagworo who shamelessly expose their dirty linens in public.
Unu bu ndi n'enye ndi Yoruba, ike eji akpa dike n' etiti umuigbo. Unu ga kpachakwara anya, tupu egbe eli'gwe gbabuo unu ncha ebe ahu. Tufiakwa unu, umu ogbanje.

Worse has happened before, this is not the worst thing to happen to Igbo unity. At least we can have people from those sides come out and say where they stand once and for all. And my threads aren't divisive, they simply tell the cold hard truth. Posters like Abagworo are much more realistic about Igboland than many that throw insults online all the time and think that is nationalism.

5 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Candyrain(m): 12:16am On Oct 29, 2015
Now that you've realized your mistake you should go edit it. Get rid of it.
Duru1:

Please disregard my previous response to your post. I apologize!!!

2 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Duru1(m): 12:16am On Oct 29, 2015
Donarozzi:

Ezeagu, I cannot believe that you drew the map of Igboland and shaded out some portions questioning whether or not they would agree to join the Igbo country (Refer to your first map on this topic, and please make the right corrections immediately). The integrity and wholeness of Igboland is non-negotiable. Igboland is one indivisible entity. In the event of a referendum, the entire Igbo people will participate irrespective of their geopolitical regions. So, a referendum is based on the indigenous Igbo people and Igboland, and not on geopolitical regions. Secondly, Igboland is incomplete without Bonny and Opobo islands. So, make further corrections to your map by including Bonny and Opobo. Thanks.

Per the bolded, the correct Igbo names are Ubani and Opu Obu (Igwenga).

1 Like

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 12:17am On Oct 29, 2015
Donarozzi:

Bonny and Opobo people identify as Igbani from what I have seen.

1 Like

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Duru1(m): 12:18am On Oct 29, 2015
Candyrain:
Now that you've realized your mistake you should go edit it. Get rid of it.

Are you happy yet?
Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 29, 2015
ezeagu:

Bonny and Opobo people identify as Igbani from what I have seen.
Bonny and Opobo identify as Ibani, I know. But why did you shade out Asaba from the map. Even as your village is clearly shaded as I can see. Are you more Igbo than an Asaba man I ask?

2 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by carnegiefan: 12:22am On Oct 29, 2015
I shall continue to say that any attempt to carve out "Igbo nation" from the map of Nigeria will be mistaken because of our history.
These maps do more harm than good.
It is like drawing a picture of God. You will be wrong no matter how hard you try, even if you have met God face to face.
Wisdom demands that we desist from trying to "draw God".
It is easier to draw the map of Biafra and simply add or subtract from it, WHEN THE TIME COMES, not now.
Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Candyrain(m): 12:24am On Oct 29, 2015
Perfectly... Cheers.
Duru1:

Are you happy yet?

1 Like

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 12:26am On Oct 29, 2015
carnegiefan:
I shall continue to say that any attempt to carve out "Igbo nation" from the map of Nigeria will be mistaken because of our history.
These maps do more harm than good.
It is like drawing a picture of God. You will be wrong no matter how hard you try, even if you have met God face to face.
Wisdom demands that we desist from trying to "draw God".
It is easier to draw the map of Biafra and simply add or subtract from it, WHEN THE TIME COMES, not now.

I don't understand what you mean. If you're talking about the IPOB mirage of "Biafra" which is consequently a mini-Nigeria and of which it's non-Igbo members have severally renounced, then this isn't the right thread.

5 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 29, 2015
spits and walks out on thread...
Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by carnegiefan: 12:30am On Oct 29, 2015
ezeagu:

I don't understand what you mean. If you're talking about the IPOB mirage of "Biafra" which is consequently a mini-Nigeria and of which it's non-Igbo members have severally renounced, then this isn't the right thread.

Sir, please tell us WHEN a referendum was conducted in the areas. Once you produce the result of the referendum, your map will start to make sense if the result is reflected there.
For now, your speculative map is doing damage to even Igbo aspirations.
I wonder why some of you guys can't think along these lines.

1 Like

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 12:33am On Oct 29, 2015
carnegiefan:

Sir, please tell us WHEN a referendum was conducted in the areas. Once you produce the result of the referendum, your map will start to make sense if the result is reflected there.
For now, your speculative map is doing damage to even Igbo aspirations.
I wonder why some of you guys can't think along these lines.

I'm not looking at a non-Igbo culture based country.

2 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by cheruv: 12:37am On Oct 29, 2015
Ngwaukwu1:

Your map is essentially based on arbitrary boundaries created by others for us. The boundaries were imposed on us by hostile tribes and their lackeys who view us as vanquished people. A generation ago our fathers were forced into a fratricidal war, in which they were outgunned and the outcome of which was that they ceded part of their ancestral lands to those who saw themselves as the victors of that war.

But we that have grown out of the rubble of that war, built lives out of the ashes and now stand proud, some of us a lot better off than the so called victors, do not agree with the boundaries. My brother we have seen the pictures of the war, the swollen and protruding stomach of our starving fathers, grounds littered with the bodies of the innocents slain just because they wanted to go their separate ways, and we the descendants of the survivors must make up our minds that no more shall we live as vanquished people. No more, shall we bend our backs and turn our cheeks in humiliation, allowing others to decide who we are and how we must live.

When the time comes, every piece of our ancestral lands on which the blood of our fathers and uncles and brothers and mothers were spilled; every piece of that land, will be reclaimed. So my brother, put away the map you have drawn. For though it is not your intention, that map insults the memory of over 2 million of our flesh and blood that were slain by the same people who see us as vanquished in war, and carve the boundaries of our inheritance for us.

My brother, put away this map, biko, and go back to your drawing board.

My deepest respects to you smiley
I've no regard for men who give out our territories to appease disgruntled enemy elements.
All we've to do is endure the humiliation the other Nigerian tribes are giving us while building our power.
When the time comes,we'd burst forth like a raging flood and swallow everything in our path cool

3 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by carnegiefan: 12:37am On Oct 29, 2015
ezeagu:

I'm not looking at a non-Igbo culture based country.

But in your map you excluded some Igbo clans. Like I said, we have a history in Nigeria, and as such trying to draw a map of "Igboland" from Nigeria will be ALWAYS fail and produce inaccurate maps some of which our enemies use against us in future.
You should be deeper in thought than this.

1 Like

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by ezeagu(m): 1:01am On Oct 29, 2015
carnegiefan:

But in your map you excluded some Igbo clans. Like I said, we have a history in Nigeria, and as such trying to draw a map of "Igboland" from Nigeria will be ALWAYS fail and produce inaccurate maps some of which our enemies use against us in future.
You should be deeper in thought than this.

The map is not failure, it's a speculation about areas and their political ties. We all know where Igboland is.

3 Likes

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Kestolovee95(f): 1:59am On Oct 29, 2015
Ngwaukwu1:

Your map is essentially based on arbitrary boundaries created by others for us. The boundaries were imposed on us by hostile tribes and their lackeys who view us as vanquished people. A generation ago our fathers were forced into a fratricidal war, in which they were outgunned and the outcome of which was that they ceded part of their ancestral lands to those who saw themselves as the victors of that war.

But we that have grown out of the rubble of that war, built lives out of the ashes and now stand proud, some of us a lot better off than the so called victors, do not agree with the boundaries. My brother we have seen the pictures of the war, the swollen and protruding stomach of our starving fathers, grounds littered with the bodies of the innocents slain just because they wanted to go their separate ways, and we the descendants of the survivors must make up our minds that no more shall we live as vanquished people. No more, shall we bend our backs and turn our cheeks in humiliation, allowing others to decide who we are and how we must live.

When the time comes, every piece of our ancestral lands on which the blood of our fathers and uncles and brothers and mothers were spilled; every piece of that land, will be reclaimed. So my brother, put away the map you have drawn. For though it is not your intention, that map insults the memory of over 2 million of our flesh and blood that were slain by the same people who see us as vanquished in war, and carve the boundaries of our inheritance for us.

My brother, put away this map, biko, and go back to your drawing board.

Salute!
Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Kestolovee95(f): 2:03am On Oct 29, 2015
Duru1:
I beg of those who do not know the actual boundary of Igbo land to shy away from creating bogus art forms that tend to obfuscate. When time arrives, the true Igbo land shall be surprisingly known.

ezeagu plz listen to this voice of reason and wisdom. Stop insulting Igbos in the 'SS' with your map, you divisive scoundrel.

1 Like

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by Eziokwu1: 3:07am On Oct 29, 2015
ezeagu:
What would a sovereign Igbo country look like today?

This map gives an idea of the 'solid' areas of Igbo political unity and the greenish areas are the looser or more questionable areas. In terms of connectivity, the Imo River is actually links the 'solid' areas of the community to the ocean via Ibeno.

The Rivers situation.

Re: A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] by hausadreturn(m): 4:29am On Oct 29, 2015
tsdarkside:

which type of proud is this??...you were giving 20pounds each....do you even understand how much,the 20pounds of that time is worth today??...did every nigerian get 20pounds??...noooo,,,hell nooo!!!....now you want to insult us,with your wealth today,as if we didnt help you to get it the first place,out of guilt of the civil-war....we know we messed up against you!!!...but we paid our guilt...
soooo...dont be unfair.......

what is our concern that people like kanu swindel you off your 20pounds..........your family business not ours!!!....
soooo...dont blame the rest of nigeria for your family-palavers.......biko......
wait ooo! which one be all this ''we'' wey u dey yarn?
By ''we'', u mean who?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why The Word ‘’peacebuilding’’ Must Get Into Dictionary Before September 21st / FG To Start Ogoniland Cleanup By December – Minister / What happened in Isreal, Goodnews For All GEJ Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.