Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] (2621 Views)

Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War / Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others / FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
Never thought such a massive valley will rear its head into the middle of a federal road that connects Enugu through Anambra to Asaba. Such an environmental mishap has been happening slow but steady till this evening when it completely cut off the service lane and entered into the high way which is just as you are coming down the fly-over. This without the immediate intervention of the federal government or the state government as a matter of urgency.
This made the residents I met there to be chanting "Willie is Working" which is his administration slogan as ironical or at worst case a mockery.
I even overheard someone saying that this is becoming worse than what was experience during Chinwoke Mbadnuju Tenure.
The exact spot of this location is just after the junction that leads to the new motor spare parts nkpor. The lane leading towards Onitsha has been blocked and traffic now diverted to the old road. However, the travellers I met today seems to be the worst hurt as the road that leads to the old road can hardly contain two incoming vehicles. Even the old road is near to that condition in width.
What makes the case more pitiable is that the adjoining road contains the Nkpor Main Market and The New Motor Spare Parts. Both market garners a high influx of people on a daily basis and on this same road us where the long vehicles will be plying due to the erosion.
I trekked up to the old road to do a report on this, and there were gridlocks everywhere. This is the situation that travellers will be experiencing till the erosion is fixed. We therefore plead with the Federal Government to Intervene.
Source https://starttells./2015/10/28/the-erosion-site-in-the-middle-of-onitsha-enugu-express-way/ click for more pics and coverage.

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by superstar1(m): 10:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
DIrts is almost forming a new expressway.

How can human beings be staying in this cesspit?

8 Likes

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by DeviIhimself: 10:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
the thing is gradually entering the flyover in that new parts market and no one cares till it kills someone

willie is indeed working grin

2 Likes

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by EdCure: 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
Horrible!

4 Likes

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by DeviIhimself: 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
superstar1:
DIrts is almost forming a new expressway.

How can human beings be staying in this cesspit?

cc
lalasticlala Seun obinoscopy farano

thread derailing trolls
Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by actoor(m): 10:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
My view: Onisha is more like refuse dump angry

4 Likes

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by LieDetector(m): 10:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
Mek I kukuma Park here cheesy

A very interesting e-drama is about to unfold

2 Likes

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2015
That's the road this picture below was taken on. But seriously, this erosion problem is costing anambra state government so much money to arrest. Fg should seriously step in

6 Likes

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 28, 2015
actoor:
My view: Onisha is more like refuse dump angry
still looks better than Lagos with soak away water flooding the streets..the entire Lagos smells

2 Likes

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
The tire marks you see here is that of the trailer in the pics, only the back tires are shown here. He wanted to drive over that divide and get into the oncoming lane. People started shouting that he should stop forming James Bond, Till he causes a fatal accident. The driver tho was totally at loss on how to start going back into the service lane which is even tight.

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
Heard this is around nkpor.

Am starting to feel sorry for obiano, he has a lot on his plate

1 Like

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
Locals started turning the remaining road to a dump site as part of protesting.

1 Like

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 28, 2015
you can't really blame the Igbos for trouping to Lagos

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by actoor(m): 10:33pm On Oct 28, 2015
liberty300:
still looks better than Lagos with soak away water flooding the streets..the entire Lagos smells

An your people still refuse to stay in their own town?

9 Likes

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
actoor:

An your people still refuse to stay in their own town?
shut up!! Igbos there are going there to collect the money from you...strictly on business issues and nothing. You party all the time, we sell you the bottles..2morrow you'll complain that we've taken everything from you

4 Likes

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by actoor(m): 10:48pm On Oct 28, 2015
liberty300:
shut up!! Igbos there are going there to collect the money from you...strictly on business issues and nothing. You party all the time, we sell you the bottles..2morrow you'll complain that we've taken everything from you

Ecclesiastes 5:10 Whoever loves money never has enough .

If you like become slave
Owo Eko, Eko lo ngbe. grin

7 Likes

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by rusher14: 10:54pm On Oct 28, 2015
Some areas are just more prone to erosion and landslip.

This is nothing for any tribe to be smug about.

Natural disasters are what they are.

Nigerians are known to be smart, resourceful people so I'm sure the technical knowhow really isn't the problem.

Funding might be anyway so the ecological intervention fund might come in handy here.

1 Like

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
Just wondering if there is any relationship BTW the word
tribe
and
erosion
Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by Emekamex(m): 11:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
Anambra's topography is seriously prone to erosion; it is disheartening that FG don't take this in consideration when building roads there.

1 Like

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by kaywhynoni: 11:05pm On Oct 28, 2015
Op....are you sure this place is in Nigeria or Biafra?

1 Like

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
kaywhynoni:
Op....are you sure this place is in Nigeria or Biafra? Pls clarify it so that we can call the people in charge to start work immediately.....
who is the president of Biafra?
Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by martha89: 11:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
Its well but the way those guys look down on other's ,one would think they live in paradise.
Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
martha89:
Its well but the way those guys look down on other's ,one would think they live in paradise.
pride and tribe might rhyme but they don't relate.
Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 29, 2015
Update: this morning I went there and there were couple of accidents on that road. Will try and take pics next time.
Meanwhile ain' t my coverage front page worthy?

1 Like

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by OduaVanguard: 8:24am On Oct 29, 2015
actoor:

Ecclesiastes 5:10 Whoever loves money never has enough .

If you like become slave
Owo Eko, Eko lo ngbe. grin

See finishing! Lol. They know that we have the money to spend that's why they will always pick our region over theirs, plus, there's plenty more where that money we spend come from. They on the other hand would starve if we kick them back East cheesy Remember the way they were all up in arms when Fashola deported them, even though their own governors too were deporting others out of their states. Na we dey feed them, even they can't deny that, if you hear anything to the contrary it's all hype.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
There were two different accidents the following morning as a result of the one way traffic. One Involved a Mercedes E-Class. The other involved a Lorry and Honda Accord. Couldn't take the pics of the former as I was on my way to work. Went back and tis already towed off.

Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 29, 2015
Life would be very hard to live and work in Onitsha embarassed
Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
Now I see why they troop down to yoruba land. You won't believe a certain NLer was telling me that ibo land is better than any other region in Nigeria.
Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by Rotimi47: 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2015
liberty300:
You're being paid for the service you rendered the same way a cleaner (toilet cleaner )is paid in Germany.
Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by stebell(m): 2:51pm On Oct 29, 2015
That site shud be made UNESCO WORLD Heritage site. LOL
Biafra people, I duff ma hat for una.
now I know why yu guys want Port Harcourt and other SS states
Re: The Erosion Site In The Middle Of Onitsha-enugu Express Way [pics] by seunfape(m): 3:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
Anambra is a dead state while Nigeria is dieing off country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

#tyrantbuhary Gone Bad For The Wailers / Nigeria Is Already An Islamic Country / FLASHBACK - Buhari And Co Confronts Governor Over The Killing Of Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.