Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,732 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others (17006 Views)

Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri / Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts / Senate Wants Presidential Inauguration Moved To National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by centvin008(m): 9:03am On Nov 23, 2016
ABUJA—THE Senate, yesterday, asked the Federal Government to urgently establish inland ports in Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Maiduguri, Bauchi and other land-locked states in the country to help accelerate commerce and industry.

The Senate also directed the Nigerian Shippers Council to carry out appropriate feasibility studies to facilitate establishment of the ports. It equally mandated its committees on transport and works to ensure full compliance with planned establishment of the ports, stressing that the feasibility studies earlier carried out on the establishment of inland ports should be revisited.
The resolutions of the Senate were sequel to a motion sponsored by Senator Stella Oduah (PDP, Anambra North) entitled Need for the Establishment of Dry and Inland Ports at Onitsha, Enugu and other land-locked states. In her presentation, Senator Oduah explained that the development of dry ports and inland water transport in the land-locked areas would facilitate commercial and industrial activities in exportation and importation of raw materials and equipment. According to her, the existing ports in Lagos, Port Harcourt and Calabar were being over stretched, contending that congestion of these ports constituted serious security threat to lives and properties. In his remarks, President of the Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki, mandated the relevant committees to ensure that the Federal Government gives priority attention to establishment of the inland ports in the affected states

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/senate-wants-inland-ports-onitsha-enugu-aba-others/

15 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 23, 2016
U must be for real?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 23, 2016
Afonja...oyah come and cry blood but okay with it if it's in Kaduna.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by fast2015: 9:27am On Nov 23, 2016
welcome development
Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by NATIONALPASTOR: 9:29am On Nov 23, 2016
E don happen again.
Good news always coming to Igboland lately.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by GuyWise(m): 9:41am On Nov 23, 2016
'Akuko Uwa' The same story of "We will" "We are about to" "We will have to"

Ndiigbo make una no mind these people...

The land of the rising sun is the only solution we have.

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by MyGeneration(m): 9:44am On Nov 23, 2016
If u guys need ideas on hw to boost d port contact me
Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:56am On Nov 23, 2016
Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by MyGeneration(m): 9:57am On Nov 23, 2016
NATIONALPASTOR:
E don happen again.

Good news always coming to Igboland lately.
Thanks to Buhari

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by NATIONALPASTOR: 10:03am On Nov 23, 2016
MyGeneration:
Thanks to Buhari
Yes o.
He has got common sense of late.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by Godprotectigbos(f): 10:08am On Nov 23, 2016
I LOVE DAT cool cool cool cool

I STAND WITH BUHARI cool cool cool cool cool

I STAND WITH STELLA ODOUH...IGBO WOMEN ALWAYS STANDS OUT cool cool cool cool cool

THAT WOMAN DID a great work in akanu ibiam airport which lead to completion of of the airport

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by shotster50(m): 10:20am On Nov 23, 2016
It defies logic that the FG does not understand the importance of having more seaports in a country as big as Nigeria to boost commerce and haulage of goods.

34 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by abumeinben(m): 10:24am On Nov 23, 2016
Good!

I'm loving this Senate by the minute!

This is what the presidency should be working on, not borrowing cash from enslavers just to continue to search for oyeh in the Chad basin of the north.

This is division of economic growth and development.

12 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by BrutalJab: 10:25am On Nov 23, 2016
That's a nice request.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by bignero: 10:27am On Nov 23, 2016
hmm good news

but i doubt , the hate and vile filled people will allow this sail through

7 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by MrMcJay(m): 10:27am On Nov 23, 2016
Good
Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by TTLHORLA: 10:28am On Nov 23, 2016
cool
Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 23, 2016
grin grin grin grin

What a monumental waste of senatorial intervention.

When an entire government thinks through the Anus.

Port at Onitsha...no problem.

Port at Aba...White elephant

Port at Enugu...White Orca

It's even another wasted White Elephant that is sponsoring this lunatic insinuations...

4 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by Thisis2raw(m): 10:30am On Nov 23, 2016
nice one by the Senate

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by Pqanne: 10:30am On Nov 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by harmbhrosz(m): 10:31am On Nov 23, 2016
NATIONALPASTOR:

Yes o.

He has got common sense of late.
but the headline says Senate is the one proposing it... How does Buhari comes into that? undecided

12 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 23, 2016
I see someone say I stand with Buhari....Smh. Gul........e

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by Bobby4090: 10:31am On Nov 23, 2016
Illitrates with a poor sense of Geography. You can establish an inland port in Onitsha, but not in Aba or Enugu or Maiduguri as these towns have no major navigable river that links to the Oceon. I wonder if these bunch of goats ever read or do a survey before talking.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by Godprotectigbos(f): 10:32am On Nov 23, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

What a monumental waste of senatorial intervention.

c ur teeth grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by amuokuko: 10:32am On Nov 23, 2016
Even the north need inland port

They must ve created path through the desert...

3 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by Klamour: 10:33am On Nov 23, 2016
Wonderful move by Ezigbo Nwaada Igbo, Oriaku Oduah and the Senate.

However, Passing the Resolution isn't just enough, Senate should go ahead to ensure that the Inland Ports make their way into the 2017 Budget. Then we will know that they are really interested in the economic expansion.

Leaving it to the whims of the confused Executive will just make the dream dead on arrival.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 23, 2016
Godprotectigbos:

c ur teeth grin grin grin grin grin

My one and only Rove and Clush...Ekelem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by Samogbo1(m): 10:33am On Nov 23, 2016
Stella Odua is really a lioness to Igbos despite being so corrupt. I love her good plans towards the Igbo nation considering her bills in the senate. For takn ds bold step repeatedly, she's won my respect!

I wish oda Igbo senators like Nnaji, Egwu, Ubah, Abaribe n co... Could hv the Igbo nation at heart like Stella...

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AWCON 2018 Victory: President Buhari Congratulates Super Falcons / Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu / Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.