Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

New ATM/POS Charges On Gtbank Mastercard In America - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New ATM/POS Charges On Gtbank Mastercard In America (1965 Views)

My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe / Can I Use My Domicillary Mastercard In Ghana / New ATM Rule For International Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New ATM/POS Charges On Gtbank Mastercard In America by smoothjazz(m): 6:06am On Oct 29, 2015
Help! I'm confused about ATM/POS charges on my GTBank MasterCard since the Buhari administration came to power. This evening, I went to Food Lion to get a $500 money order. While Food Lion charged me 46c/$500, I got a GTBank debit alert for N110,103.70! So I was charged about N10k for a POS transaction? What's going on here?

Please what is the cheapest way of getting cash from my GTBank Naira account.
Re: New ATM/POS Charges On Gtbank Mastercard In America by otokx(m): 6:15am On Oct 29, 2015
Hope your card was not also compromised?
Re: New ATM/POS Charges On Gtbank Mastercard In America by sholatech(m): 6:50am On Oct 29, 2015
no, I don't think You were charged 10k as pos charge but gtb exchange rate is about 220..Divide the Naira debit by $500.46

1 Like

Re: New ATM/POS Charges On Gtbank Mastercard In America by Dyke004(m): 1:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
sholatech:
no, I don't think You were charged 10k as pos charge but gtb exchange rate is about 220..Divide the Naira debit by $500.46

220 par dollar? That's too high. Are they not suppose to use CBN rate? Are you for real or assuming. Even black market son better.
Re: New ATM/POS Charges On Gtbank Mastercard In America by sholatech(m): 3:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
Dyke004:

220 par dollar? That's too high. Are they not suppose to use CBN rate? Are you for real or assuming. Even black market son better.

Am I for real or Is the bank for real? when last did you use your card for international purchases? There was even a time gtb charged around 230. You can call the bank or your account officer for further clarification on the exchange rate
Re: New ATM/POS Charges On Gtbank Mastercard In America by smoothjazz(m): 7:14am On Oct 30, 2015
Food Lion charged me 46c for $500 money order (Walmart chargers 70c). My GTBank debit alert read N110,103.70. Does this mean GTBank charged me about 10k for a POS transaction? I hope my question is clear.

Has anyone purchased Money Order in the US before? What were you charged?
Re: New ATM/POS Charges On Gtbank Mastercard In America by princeonx: 3:42am On Nov 03, 2015
I just made a purchase (pos) of $250 with mine like an hour ago and was debited #56,630 which is #226.52 naira per dollar. So you still got a deal and which CBN rate are you talking about? Same bank that post dollar selling price at #185 to a dollar will tell you it's #225 if you tell them you want to buy dollars! Infact they won't even sell to you unless they know you.
Re: New ATM/POS Charges On Gtbank Mastercard In America by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 03, 2015
Nigeria banks are fraud. Last week, i use my European ATM to transfer money to a friend. I was charge #217.95 and when i attempted using GT card, i was charge at #238.22

(1) (Reply)

Anybody Familiar With Ikosi Ketu Lagos? / Panorama View Of Ikoyi Ile From The Ikoyi Prayer Mountain / Lagos Helicopter Crash: Identities Of Victims Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.