Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Yam Pounder - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Yam Pounder (12420 Views)

Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) / Pls Where Can I Find Yam Pounder To Buy / Where Can I Get A Good Yam Pounder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yam Pounder by Ilelobola: 5:08pm On May 07, 2009
Does anyone know where I can buy a yam pounder preferably in the UK though don't mind buying from abroad?

Or can one really make pounded yam (using real yam not powder) by blending the yam in a blender?

I had real pounded yam at a Nigerian restaurant in London and don't really feel like having the powder one any more.

Thanks.
Re: Yam Pounder by AmakaOne(f): 5:29pm On May 07, 2009
Call Poundz Ltd on 7956-404426 if you are in the UK.

I know they used to sell them a while back
Re: Yam Pounder by Ilelobola: 7:24pm On May 07, 2009
Thanks. I've just called the number and they don't have it, perhaps later in the year . . . if anyone else knows where I can get it please let me know. Ta.
Re: Yam Pounder by lucabrasi(m): 8:14pm On May 07, 2009
try alibaba.com,also sold somewhere in germany if you know anyone there,forgotten the name of the shop

1 Like

Re: Yam Pounder by bintab(f): 12:58am On May 08, 2009
lucabrasi:

try alibaba.com,also sold somewhere in germany if you know anyone there,forgotten the name of the shop
Thank you for this information.
Re: Yam Pounder by Ilelobola: 12:19pm On May 08, 2009
Thanks Lucabrasi but it's only the same Poundz Ltd listed on Alibaba. Please let me know should u remember the name of the German shop, I can easily get it from there too. I've googled it but nothing came up except it's in German which I can't read.
Re: Yam Pounder by lucabrasi(m): 6:43pm On May 08, 2009
Ilelobola:

Thanks Lucabrasi but it's only the same Poundz Ltd listed on Alibaba. Please let me know should u remember the name of the German shop, I can easily get it from there too. I've googled it but nothing came up except it's in German which I can't read.
put an advert on the alibaba site with a description of what you want and a name,whoever has it will email you,if u know anyone in germany,contact them to help u look for it
Re: Yam Pounder by TOYOSI20(f): 10:10pm On May 08, 2009
Never heard of yam pounder before oo, shocked shocked
Re: Yam Pounder by Ilelobola: 2:21pm On May 11, 2009
Thanks Lucabrasi, will do.

Toyosi20, it exists, we used to have one when I was younger. It cooks the yam and blends it.
Re: Yam Pounder by zenatta: 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2010
A yam pounder. I have one I never use. Its old though since 82. I could not pound yam so my father bought it.
Re: Yam Pounder by tommypeak: 9:57am On Oct 17, 2010
To Zenatta,

Regarding your yam pounder, do you still have it? And will you be willing to sell?

My wife has been looking for one for so long.
Re: Yam Pounder by appetitto(m): 10:10pm On Oct 24, 2010
Acompany in lagos- Addis Engineering actually makes 2 sizes of yampounder.
I actually bought 2x for 25k and 35k later. They are quite fast (3 mins) The yam must be hot to come out good.
If it works for more than 5 mins the yam will be too strong.

1 Like

Re: Yam Pounder by mima247(f): 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2010
@ poster you can ask someone in naija to buy it for you at EKO holloway in lagos and send it down to u .
Re: Yam Pounder by GeorgeD1(m): 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2010
Ilelobola,
na wao! na so pounded yam dey hungry you? grin
Re: Yam Pounder by Nobody: 4:42am On Jul 27, 2011
@ilelobola, did u eventually get the machine? I need one urgently
Re: Yam Pounder by aricswu: 8:19am On Sep 20, 2011
hi, our company sale a yam pounder.  you can check it is your needed product or not.
Re: Yam Pounder by obua: 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2011
pls put your no
Re: Yam Pounder by openball: 8:01am On Dec 02, 2011
Re: Yam Pounder by SadeB(f): 4:17am On Dec 30, 2011
openball:

Try using a food processor like the Ninja blender 1100 http://www.ninjakitchen.com/products/ninja-kitchen-system-1100-nj602/drtv/ogviinouptst.shtml?utm_source=www.ninja1100.com&utm_medium=Infomercial&utm_campaign=Offer7UpTstCookbookFSH159

Actually I wanted to share another appliance that works well, if you do not have a yam pounder.  The Kitchenaid Stand Mixers work well.  The 5 Quart Bowl Stand Mixer comes standard with a "J-Hook" attachment that is normally used for dough.  The 6 Quart Bowl Stand Mixer comes standard with a "S-Hook" attachment that is used for dough.  Both will work well as a hands free way to pound yam.  I like the "S-Hook", but if you do not want to pay the higher price for the 6Quart Stand Mixer that comes standard with the "S-Hook",  you may buy an "S-Hook" attachment for your 5Quart Bowl Stand Mixer.

This may be a great alternative if you do not have access to a yam pounder seller.  Also, you may use the mixer for so many other cooking tasks, so you get a lot for your money.
Re: Yam Pounder by solafatunsin: 12:47pm On Jan 16, 2013
Gone are the days of processing our most desired meal - pounded yam or Fufu with the traditional method of laborious pounding with the mortar, disturbing the entire house, sweating, and missing out in the pleasure of being at home to relax not to work even harder. Most homes just avoid the meal of pounded yam or fufu. Today you can give yourself, your home and beloved family a choice, you can decide when you want to serve or be served our favourite meal of pounded yam or fufu because it is now just a push button away, no more do you need to have meals that are processed from flour which we all know is not pounded yam the way we know it and enjoy it. Your pounded yam machine comes with a guarantee of 12 months, ensuring you can keep on getting value for your purchase for years to come.

FOR only N39,500,you can begin to enjoy real pounded yam and fufu at home tonight, just enter your address, home or office, by mail or sms to 07080333338 or email to olusola.fatunsin@gmail.com, a location where our delivery staff would deliver your yam pounder to you, (this service is available in some states in Nigeria). Choose a payment method, and within 24hrs your pounder is in your home doing wonders.
Re: Yam Pounder by fibrenettech: 8:32am On Jan 21, 2013
Helo evrione,ma company sells yam pounder,our yampounder cooks and pounds.so u dnt hav to stress urself in cooking first and puting it in anoda machine.everithng is done in the machine,no lumps,smooth,smooth and very hygenic.for enquiries call 08033350600,07030114801,facebookpage:www.facebook.com/pages/yam-pounder/544674448891037,
Re: Yam Pounder by pinkybolar: 2:47pm On Nov 08, 2013
Hello,

you can order for yam pounder from http://www.pinkybolar.com/shop/yam-pounder/. We deliver nationwide, call 2348128147243 to order over the phone. We deliver to UK and US too.
Note: Free delivery Nationwide. Only if you use the promo code: FREEPOUNDER on checkout. Not applicable outside Nigeria.
Re: Yam Pounder by thweraja10: 7:31pm On Jan 15, 2015
for Nigerians looking for yams in the US, you can get your ingredients here http://www.nigerianfoods.com/search?type=product&q=Yam
Re: Yam Pounder by EBIXANDRA(f): 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
So no yam pounder in the UK
Re: Yam Pounder by Pamelayoung: 7:17pm On Nov 02, 2015
Wow! Interesting didn't knw there was anythg of such

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church / Awesome Cakes By Sazzy's Place Lagos / Farm Fresh Pork For Sale In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.