Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair (1352 Views)

Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? / Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? / I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair by kentozybee(m): 7:41am On Oct 29, 2015
is it a taboo to help ur mom undo her hair? Like I was assisting my mom in undoing her hair, my dad shunned me off that
Re: Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair by Onegai(f): 7:50am On Oct 29, 2015
Na real wa. Nothing wrong with it. My first bf ever helped me take off my braids (we were in uni) and 14 years later I still love that moment we shared.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair by marshalcarter: 7:57am On Oct 29, 2015
Onegai:
Na real wa. Nothing wrong with it. My first bf ever helped me take off my braids (we were in uni) and 14 years later I still love that moment we shared.
He's talkin abt him and his MOM....not him and his g.f undecided

Ya reply no get head and tail

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 29, 2015
There is nothing wrong there. Maybe your dad is one of those "medieval men" who think it would make you less a man, or isn't something a man should be seen doing.

I don't loosen people's hair (no matter who you are) _ don't loosen mine too. Gives me headache mehn...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair by cococandy(f): 8:06am On Oct 29, 2015
Maybe he wanted to do it himself and you deprived him of that romantic moment.

Do you know how many stories and jokes husbands and wives share while he's helping her undo her hair?

OP Take your time o.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair by ladyju(f): 8:09am On Oct 29, 2015
There is nothing wrong with dat. It's either he feels, it will make less a man, woman wrapper or what ever. Or he is jealous

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair by Onegai(f): 8:26am On Oct 29, 2015
marshalcarter:

He's talkin abt him and his MOM....not him and his g.f undecided

Ya reply no get head and tail

His father was most likely referring to how a "male" should not be seen doing hair (unless he's a hairstylist) and said not to touch it. Which is why I gave that example: nothing wrong with it, for a loved one.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair by Godmother(f): 8:34am On Oct 29, 2015
cococandy:

Do you know how many stories and jokes husbands and wives share while he's helping her undo her hair?

OP Take your time o.

Lolz @ this reply. It may be true though.

@OP
How did your mum take it? Was she angry?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair by Adesiji77: 8:40am On Oct 29, 2015
cococandy:

OP Take your time o.

cheesy grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair by SAMBARRY: 8:51am On Oct 29, 2015
grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair by okongo(m): 6:24pm On Oct 29, 2015
call me woman wrapper. after so many years of marriage I am still very much into it.
Re: Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair by tpiah11: 6:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
kentozybee:
is it a taboo to help ur mom undo her hair? Like I was assisting my mom in undoing her hair, my dad shunned me off that

so you opened thread.
Re: Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair by kentozybee(m): 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2015
tpiah11:

so you opened thread.
E go (foolish) sir
Re: Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair by Roland17(m): 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2015
kentozybee:

Your dad was merely being jealous, unbelievable but factual..He might hide his ego behind it too and give you the masculine excuse.

Mom is his wife first and foremost and certain things are considered personal and that includes his wife's hair, if it's an activity he does not enjoy doing he would rather no one except a stylist or his female kids perform them but a man is a no no..

If you think I am lying, jokingly tell your dad a male stylist touched his wife's hair and watch his reaction..

Don't overthink it, if he does not like it, back off.. Na the man pay dowry no be you and don't ever mention the fact he is being jealous to his face..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Help Ones Mom In "Undoing" Her Hair by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
Hhm @ the comments. Yeah, its actually sorta strange come to think of it and it almost feels odd to out and say it, but, in a sense, hair is intimate. Apart from yourself, and the maintenance and styling that takes place in the form of impersonal trips to hair salons/barbers here and there, who makes habitual contact with your hair other than your SO? Pulling your hair back from your face to see you, caressing your hairline in lounge-mode, stroking, finger-brushing, actual brushing at times and when you're unwell, scalp massages, burying his face in your hair, undoing it after a night out, etc - these are all gestures I'd generally associate with with intimate affection.

Whatever his reasons, maybe you should just refrain.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Father Called Me Mother One Day On The Phone / Every Woman..... Food For Thought / Am Donating A Kidney, Do You Or A Relations Needs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.