Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Any Nairalander In Florida (jacksonville To Be Exact) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Florida (jacksonville To Be Exact) (1380 Views)

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / You In Florida? Check This Out / Any Nairalander Living In Serbia,bosnia-herzegovina Or Croatia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Nairalander In Florida (jacksonville To Be Exact) by promise72(m): 8:03pm On May 07, 2009
I have been living in California since 1992. I am contemplating a move to Jacksonville, FL. Anyone in the house can clue me in on the day-day rigors there? Good? Bad? Whats ur opinion. Lots of Naijas?

Thanks in anticipation for sharing ur views.
Re: Any Nairalander In Florida (jacksonville To Be Exact) by FADAKA: 3:12am On May 08, 2009
@Promise72, Don't know of Jacksonville, but mucho Nigerians in MIAMI and ORLANDO.
Re: Any Nairalander In Florida (jacksonville To Be Exact) by promise72(m): 3:16am On May 08, 2009
ok. Good to know. Too much hurricane in Miami tho.
Re: Any Nairalander In Florida (jacksonville To Be Exact) by FADAKA: 3:28am On May 08, 2009
lol, LOL. What about Fire all over California.
Come to Miami, A place to be!
Re: Any Nairalander In Florida (jacksonville To Be Exact) by promise72(m): 3:46am On May 08, 2009
My computer never burn yet. U can prevent fire or at least lessen it effect by skipping town. How do i outrun a 130mph wind? undecided Tossing big rigs like toys?

Dont get blown away kid grin

Im praying for u here wink
Re: Any Nairalander In Florida (jacksonville To Be Exact) by OgidiBoy(m): 3:48am On May 08, 2009
Toyin where at thou shocked
Re: Any Nairalander In Florida (jacksonville To Be Exact) by FADAKA: 5:30am On May 08, 2009
@Promise72, You are yet to tell me, How u preventĀ  your self against Mudslide.
You out-run 130mph wind. by getout a-head of time , Nigeria trip to the Rescue!
Re: Any Nairalander In Florida (jacksonville To Be Exact) by eddy1977(m): 11:37am On May 15, 2009
promise72:

My computer never burn yet. U can prevent fire or at least lessen it effect by skipping town. How do i outrun a 130mph wind? undecided Tossing big rigs like toys?

Dont get blown away kid grin

Im praying for u here wink

man u r funny grin grin
Re: Any Nairalander In Florida (jacksonville To Be Exact) by eddy1977(m): 11:40am On May 15, 2009
hello promise 72
man unless u wanna relocate to jacksonville,fl for work related purposes but none that i would stay in california. remember florida is the dirty deep south man;

just my two cents.
peace cool
Re: Any Nairalander In Florida (jacksonville To Be Exact) by janedoe(f): 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2009
@ Topic -Jax is Ok I guess,just a few naija peeps though. It's a growing city and kind of boring to me as I would like to move elsewhere in a couple of years but I think after living in Cali you would absolutely hate Jax as it's like moving from Wuse or Maitamma to Caro or NyaNya but then again you might love it if you're looking for a more quiet place.
Re: Any Nairalander In Florida (jacksonville To Be Exact) by promise72(m): 11:02pm On Jun 13, 2009
janedoe:

@ Topic -Jax is Ok I guess,just a few naija peeps though. It's a growing city and kind of boring to me as I would like to move elsewhere in a couple of years but I think after living in Cali you would absolutely hate Jax as it's like moving from Wuese or Maitamma to Caro or NyaNya but then again you might love it if you're looking for a more quiet place.

Thanks for the imput. The main reason im interested in JAX is cos its a very important shipping port. Also, the weather is not too cold. Though i have never been there, i hope to come an "look around" later this year. The ppty mkt is also very attractive.

I may have to hold on too cos the funding im hoping for is not a done deal yet and the job prospect in JAX, is not encouraging too.

Thanks to everybody. More JAX tales/lowdown can be directed to: Promise72@yahoo.com

Once again, thanks a lot smiley
Re: Any Nairalander In Florida (jacksonville To Be Exact) by Nobody: 1:28am On Jun 14, 2009
jax is a quiet city there is no too much naija here,I like it here though,good place to raise up kids ,anyway depend the kind of life u wanna live.
Re: Any Nairalander In Florida (jacksonville To Be Exact) by Nobody: 1:36am On Jun 14, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Toyin where at thou shocked
I'm here, my loff

FADAKA:

lol, LOL. What about Fire all over California.
Come to Miami, A place to be!

Miami wo?
With all their foreclosures and lack of jobs?

promise72:

I have been living in California since 1992. I am contemplating a move to Jacksonville, FL. Anyone in the house can clue me in on the day-day rigors there? Good? Bad? Whats ur opinion. Lots of Naijas?

Thanks in anticipation for sharing ur views.

No, but am close to Jacksonville.
Jacksonville, from what one of my aunt told me, the place barely has phone connection and it's so spaced out and with lots of wood.
It might seem a tiny problem, but when you're stuck and trying to reach ppl for help, it's be very hard to do.

I'd sugest you move to Ocala, it's real nice. Though there's barely black people there.
But the enviroment is very nice, the houses are nice, but very hard to find a job, unless you're a student. And it's very safe
You'll love it smiley

Orlando where? Nooh, it's very dangerous up there now that they had to cut the numbers of cops patroling the city. Budget cut, ya know.
Re: Any Nairalander In Florida (jacksonville To Be Exact) by sonety2k(m): 12:07pm On Jun 20, 2009
cool

(1) (Reply)

9jahotels.com: Nigeria's Online Hotelbooking Portal. / Nigerians In South Cyprus / Any News On The Gambia's Economy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.