Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,533 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others (15527 Views)

Ihejirika, Minimah & 53 Others Indicted In Arms Deal. See Full List / Shekau’s ‘death’, Credit To Jonathan’s Govt. DAILY TIMES. / Boko Haram Kills Council Chairman, 53 Others In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by dam4wummy(m): 1:52pm On Oct 29, 2015
Imagine, india wey we suppose dey dash money, come dey gibe us credit and scholarship........ We africans don't just think.

1 Like

Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2015
DONSMITH123:
The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, on Thursday said it would give N2.25trillion ($10billion) concessional lines of credit to Nigeria and 53 other African nations in the next five years to boost their economy.

He also said additional grant assistance of N135billion ($600m) will be made available to African countries by India.

Modi, who made the disclosures in an address at the opening of the Plenary Session of the Third India-Africa Forum Summit in New Delhi, said the credit lines are necessary because Africa is now joining the global mainstream of innovation.

He said it was time for India and Africa to take their destinies in their hands and stop living in the shadows of colonialism.

He said: “From connecting lives to collaborating for our prosperity, from keeping our people safe to advancing our global interests, the agenda of our partnership stretches across the vast territory of our linked aspirations.

“To add strength to our partnership, India will offer concessional credit of US $10billion over the next five years. This will be in addition to our ongoing credit programme.

“We will also offer a grant assistance of US$600million. This will include an India-Africa Development Fund of $100million and an India-Africa Health Fund of $10million.

“It will also include 50,000 scholarships in India over the next five years. And it will support the expansion of Pan-Africa E-Network and institutions of skilling, training and learning across Africa.”

Explaining why the interventions are necessary, Modi said economic indices have indicated that this century was for India and Africa to build to shape the world.

He said apart from abundant natural resources, India and Africa harbour productive youths who are under 35 years.

He said: “We have lived in the long shadow of colonialism. And we have fought for our liberty and dignity. We have struggled for opportunity and also for Justice, which the African wisdom describes, is the prime condition of humanity.

“We have spoken in one voice in the world and we have formed a partnership for prosperity among ourselves. We have stood together under blue helmets to keep peace. And we have fought together against hunger and disease.

And, as we look to the future, there is something precious that unites us: it is our youth. Two-thirds of India and two-thirds of Africa is under the age of 35 years. And if the future belongs to the youth, then this century is ours to shape and build.”

cc: lalasticlala

http://thenationonlineng.net/india-offers-n2-25tr-concessional-credit-to-nigeria-53-others/

Are we beggars
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by marytmatthew(f): 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2015
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by maxiuc(m): 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2015
MY Nigeria my country which way

Abomination
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by Pascal181: 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2015
If dis man is wise no Nigerian should be poor again wit dis type of earthshaking financial grant.
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by ochallo: 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
I wonder what we stand to gain from collecting money from India. We have really become the dumping ground of the world. Doing nothing but expecting everything. Our baba go slow is in India, soliciting from slave drivers to come and invest in Nigeria, where our own senate has a combined networth of over a billion dollars.

1 Like

Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by yonzy(m): 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
warrior01:
Dirty India offering Ab0ki money and he is happy. Like I said earlier; Ab0ki goes to school.
must you hate
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by princemillla(m): 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
Should I say this is good news or sad news.

Which ever way, May God see Nigeria thru

1 Like

Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by neocortex: 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
Nigeria has now turn to professional begger.
Even india is dashing us money.
Chai

2 Likes

Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by gejubongudofia: 1:55pm On Oct 29, 2015
O.M.G FOUR DAYS TO START?... TO REALLY PARTAKE IN THIS DRAW .
JUST LOGON TO HTTP://WWW.CARNIVALBUMPER.COM .. TO GET YOUR TICKETS ONLINE. DISTANCE ISN'T A BARRIER, BUY NOW!!!!!!!!!!.

Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by OnankpaBa(m): 1:55pm On Oct 29, 2015
dam4wummy:
Imagine, india wey we suppose dey dash money, come dey gibe us credit and scholarship........ We africans don't just think.

shut up if you dont have anything to say
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by MWTGDAra: 1:57pm On Oct 29, 2015
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by obailala(m): 1:58pm On Oct 29, 2015
India is such a strange country. They have some of the poorest neigbourhoods and also have some of the richest men in the world. Some parts of India can be classed as poverty stricken 4th world slums, yet some parts of india can also pass as first world in terms of development.

India is also known to have some of the greatest ICT brains in the world and this same country which some may know only for poverty is also a world nuclear power. Just recently, india even built and successfully launched a satellite into space.

2 Likes

Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by janco: 2:01pm On Oct 29, 2015
Under agreements and international treaty, most grants and concessions come with a price.
Its not about getting the Greek gifts , but what is the price of the exchange?

PMB must realise that India as a country makes use of its high population to put itself at an advantage IT is true that over 60% of indians are below poverty level, but they recognize their country's pluses and ensure that they add value to what they do.

International relations must be kept cordil and countries must trade with one another. Nigeria is no exception.
The only thing that is always advised is: Sign agreements and collect gigts - only if you have seen the vantage.
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by arabianights: 2:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Issorite! Just come and finish boko-are-ram. I hate seeing them in the news.

actually lookedfor you amongst other brotherswhose opinion i respect.

please can you assist this young man with your opinions as well directions on prayers?
saw the topic on front page and realised he is a muslim but threading on dangerous path

https://www.nairaland.com/2699385/pastors-alfa-asked-me-bring
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by toluxa1(m): 2:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
smiley
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by Darlduchi: 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2015
BIAFRA : ITSEKIRI YOUTH WING DISSOCIATES ITSELF FROM A STATEMENT FROM “ITSEKIRI LEADERS OF THOUGHT”
Pa Johnson did not talk in interest of ITSEKIRI people but on his own suspicious accord — IPOB ITSEKIRI YOUTH WING.
We are Biafrans and wish to state categorically that we are aware of the restoration of Biafra which we the people of Itsekiri maximally support. Northern people of Arewa support Boko haram how much more we supporting a lawful agitation by our people to be free, since after the war, Itsekiri were made slaves, marginalized and subjugated and hence Pa Johnson gave us no reason no conviction to abandon our quest for freedom we state as follows.
Pa Johnson did not talk in interest of Itsekiri people but on his own suspicious accord. We suffer the same fate as our Igbo speaking Biafrans where few people said to be leaders conspire with power against the wish of the people, they have turned from peoples’ leader to political jobbers who fights for their interest than the interest of the people. We the Itsekiri people are marginalized and treated as second class citizens who have not been addressed; we have no future, hope or stake in Nigeria and so discredit and reject the anti-people statement by Pa Johnson.
We are aware of the move by Nigeria to lobby or bribe few people claimed to be leaders in different parts of Biafra land to make statements against Biafra restoration without consulting the people neither a statement that represents the entire wish of the people which we saw in Enugu as well. Its gross dishonour coming from Pa Johnson to our heroe’s ideology major general Philip Effiong who where ever he is will be happy we carried on where he stopped and make Biafra of his dream come true, mentioning his name there is dishonor.
It is a huge disappointment from Pa Johnson to the people of Itsekiri that when yorubas who have gotten much from Nigeria without being marginalized are clamoring for Oduduwa republic hence Nigeria is a failed states, we the people of Itshekiri that are second class and marginalized are receiving anti-people statement from Pa Johnson. We the people of Itsekiri therefore state categorically that Pa Johnson stands on his own with his Nigerian cohorts hence his statement does not represent the wish and goodwill of Itsekiri people. We call on all Biafrans to be strong as we are solidly behind the quest for our dear country, the people of Itsekiri stand tall to say time has passed when few people for their interest destroyed the future of the people.
IPOB ITSEKIRI YOUTH WING
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by seangy4konji: 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2015
Fuckkkk that. We don't need your money.

We can buy India. Na corruption finish us.
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by Smartresult(f): 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2015
70% of people here are youth, wasting their precious time , if 50% of this time will be invested in any venture the like of dangote, mike adenuga will be plenty, but for me since when in school i know that
, the job market is already saturated, there are already te ns of thousands if not millions of graduates hunting the few available jobs and ready to take any vacancy that may emerge in the future, the days of finish school present your certificate and get employment has gone, if you are not well connected or a job is already awaiting for you,, definitely you have to spend some time at home before you pick your dream job. see how to make money blogging.
It is only he who wants to waste some time at home that will not invest while still in the school, when your pocket money is still flowing, your tuition, accommodation and all stuff are al taken care of, by parents and relations, it is t
continue reading
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by kaboninc(m): 2:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
DONSMITH123:

And, as we look to the future, there is something precious that unites us: it is our youth. Two-thirds of India and two-thirds of Africa is under the age of 35 years. And if the future belongs to the youth, then this century is ours to shape and build.

Now this is a LEADER!
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by Indializzie(f): 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
LOOK FOR PEOPLE GOING SOMEWHERE AND GET A LAND BEFORE THEY GET THERE...

Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by Indializzie(f): 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2015
LOOK FOR PEOPLE GOING SOMEWHERE AND GET A LAND B4 THEY GET THERE.

Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by pure11(m): 2:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
damton:
In as much as I want to commend this gesture from the Indian government , I would like the president to be careful and cautious with the sort of help they get, because in the long run, some of this assistance might have some hurtful conditions for the Nigerian economy.

In any case, I still believe in Baba's competence.
damton:
In as much as I want to commend this gesture from the Indian government , I would like the president to be careful and cautious with the sort of help they get, because in the long run, some of this assistance might have some hurtful conditions for the Nigerian economy.

In any case, I still believe in Baba's competence.
[quote author=damton post=39483953]In as much as I want to commend this gesture from the Indian government , I would like the president to be careful and cautious with the sort of help they get, because in the long run, some of this assistance might have some hurtful conditions for the Nigerian economy.

May be oo baba take is easy
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by ValerianSteel(m): 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
India forming boss to Nigeria.

I never even expected Buhari to attend the event.If he had constituted his cabinet he should have sent a minister.

This event is a propaganda event to boost India's image and show India is competing to be a regional power with influence and African countries becoming their footstool puppets.

2 Likes

Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2015
efilefun:
See this He-Goat, this are the kinda people who worship USA with the whole of their soul, Some people wey never comot their papa house would come online to tell us how this and that is, visit the country and see how they enjoy all basic amenities without having a tangible natural resources. I am pretty sure you don't know their population is about X10 of nigeria if not more than that. The whole of Nigeria would turn into dust bin with that kinda of population
Lol.. Dude don't waste your precious time with that product of "baby factory" and drunkard. He is in one dirty house some where around onitcha thinking on how to go and push drugs
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by OnankpaBa(m): 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2015
Indializzie:
LOOK FOR PEOPLE GOING SOMEWHERE AND GET A LAND BEFORE THEY GET THERE...

gerahere mehn
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by Howmon: 2:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
OMG, even India is giving us money. How did we get here?
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by erico2k2(m): 2:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
efilefun:
See this He-Goat, this are the kinda people who worship USA with the whole of their soul, Some people wey never comot their papa house would come online to tell us how this and that is, visit the country and see how they enjoy all basic amenities without having a tangible natural resources. I am pretty sure you don't know their population is about X10 of nigeria if not more than that. The whole of Nigeria would turn into dust bin with that kinda of population
From your point I think we should be helping India
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by BOWOTO(m): 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2015
yatch360:
India giving us credit?
It shld be the other way round... cry
The future Nigeria is a debtor even to india.. angry Africa's Giant .

Yatch360
Have you been to india? or are you judging on what you read online? Only we Nigerians see Nigeria as a giant.
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by Abayhormy(m): 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2015
efilefun:
cheesy. dustbin. lol
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2015
Dullard should resign. There is no dignity left for Nigerians again. Many countries in Africa have better society than India. South Africa, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, etc are well managed societies than India. That nation of religious freaks and poverty!
Re: India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others by BOWOTO(m): 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
Someone please explain this "Giant of Africa " thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo Election : Aggrieved Aspirants Plan To Dump APC - Punch / Buhari Campaign Organisation: Pasali & Bayero Supporters Clash / MURIC: Tinubu Is Best Muslim Presidential Candidate In 2023, Others Will Lose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.