Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell (47943 Views)

Kebbi Sickle Cell Association (KESCA) Marks World Sickle Cell Day (Photos) / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / The Oldest Person With Sickle - Asiata Onikoyi-laguda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by Thawarplay(m): 5:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
The price is gonna be high embarassed
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by waice6571: 5:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
MadCow1:
University of Ibadan discovered the cure for Sickle cell anaemia? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Lets start from the beginning.. What is a University doing in Ibadan..
Good question deserve good answer.

The University community in Ibadan are working seriously to help people suffering from 'MAD COW' diseases with head transplant and brain surgery

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by dragunov: 5:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
ademusiwa3:
angry
[size=18pt]I hereby confirm the appointment of adeyeye ogunwusi as ooni of ife and Ikenwole Emiko as olu of warri without prejudice of the fact.

By the power vested on me, as Emperor of the country of the kingdom of western Nigeria. I hereby confirm Adeyeye ogunwusi as ooni of ife. And Ikenwole Emiko as olu of warri, without prejudice of the fact.

God Bless you.

Signed

Emperor of the country of the kingdom of Western Nigeria[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2847451_ndacrosssection_jpegc0df93b44c57bc5c1bba502647f97e1a
You are suffering from Illusion of Grandiose.
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
Yoruba to leave Oturmokpo n Rituals to find cure for sickle cell...Lol.
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by Finacilmasta: 5:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
A great relief for the sick and Goodnews to mankind.i laugh
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by Tex42(m): 5:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
Hope this is true. Good work to the researchers from the UI.
My cousin sis needs to see this..
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by Tex42(m): 5:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
Hope this is true. Good work to the researchers from the UI.
My cousin sis needs to see this..
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by waice6571: 5:21pm On Oct 29, 2015
Good news to the entire human race. The suffering of some people will be relieved and some hope renewed.
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by banio: 5:21pm On Oct 29, 2015
If well harnessed, this breaktru can fetch Nigeria billions of dollars till eternity.
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by tomayira(f): 5:27pm On Oct 29, 2015
This procedure has been on for some time and it works but the cost is really high for an average Nigerian. We appreciate this, can we know how much this procedure is? embarassedThis procedure has been on for some time and it works but the cost is really high for an average Nigerian. We appreciate this, can we know how much this procedure is?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 29, 2015
ademusiwa3:
angry
[size=18pt]I hereby confirm the appointment of adeyeye ogunwusi as ooni of ife and Ikenwole Emiko as olu of warri without prejudice of the fact.

By the power vested on me, as Emperor of the country of the kingdom of western Nigeria. I hereby confirm Adeyeye ogunwusi as ooni of ife. And Ikenwole Emiko as olu of warri, without prejudice of the fact.

God Bless you.

Signed

Emperor of the country of the kingdom of Western Nigeria[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2847451_ndacrosssection_jpegc0df93b44c57bc5c1bba502647f97e1a
Emperor whatz your take on Biafra?
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by Etizz: 5:31pm On Oct 29, 2015
Berrylite:
Am glad this info is coming from UI, the seminar I attended about introducing herbal medicine into the medical curriculum will be the next. Am miles ahead of this because I have got a cure for diabetes too.
No more drugs or insulin injection. For the doubting Thomas(s) around, keep on quoting 1880 journals while the world is changing faster than you can comprehend.
Check my signature for details on managing diabetes using natural supplement.

U mean managing or cure? Be specific please...
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by HCF(m): 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2015
tomayira:
This procedure has been on for some time and it works but the cost is really high for an average Nigerian. We appreciate this, can we know how much this procedure is? embarassedThis procedure has been on for some time and it works but the cost is really high for an average Nigerian. We appreciate this, can we know how much this procedure is?
Exactly my thoughts. It is not new..the clog, was just the high cost of carrying out the procedure. Except there is something else that has just been integrated into the procedure....in fact I opened the thread hoping to see a new drug meant for the treatment of the disease.
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by nigerhead(m): 5:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ok, I think it is safe to say that no Doctors have actually seen this "discovery" news on Nairaland.
I saw this claim earlier on Twitter, and it was roundly debunked. So please it is not a new discovery, its an old "discovery" which is only now just being made available in Nigeria. Still it is fraught with dangers which are hard to ameliorate in foreign countries, talkless of Nigeria.

PS: I'm not a Doctor

https://twitter.com/IntensivEpicure/status/659624971749203968

Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by joshmelo: 5:36pm On Oct 29, 2015
God is faithful
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by mojeed4(m): 5:42pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ymodulus
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by lepasharon(f): 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
I hate Nigerians in Nigeria for the way they dis
criminate and patronize people with sickle cell
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by neocortex: 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
Congrats to the Research team.
However, I believe Researchers communicate first through peer-reviewed journal,
not news media.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by thundafire: 5:52pm On Oct 29, 2015
i dint c anything in which UI contributed 2 dy cure of sickle cell so bcus retreat was held in dy skool dy re nw claiming part of dy team dnt knw y Africans dnt learn nd wnt 2 work hard 2 do something without inteference cs am waiting 4 a UNIVERSITY in naija 2 claim 2 single handedly cure disease with prove nt on media nd later claim neva said such

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 29, 2015
Good...but am sure the price will send people away
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
Does that mean AS guy can fearlessly marry an AS lady now?
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by Besto(m): 6:03pm On Oct 29, 2015
ebukaOtika:
The American Unis should come first Abeg ,,,,Nigerian Unis are known for V.C's list,, Cleaner's lists etc

lol
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by eaglechild: 6:04pm On Oct 29, 2015
Very very very poor reportage.

Anyone who knows anything about medicine knows that absolutely NOTHING was discovered here.

The reporter should be shot.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by sisisioge: 6:04pm On Oct 29, 2015
Amen to that o! Though I'm AA, I totally dislike the restrictions the genotype poses!
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by Austinio: 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
This is not new jo. American has been using ds method for long.
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by Austinio: 6:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
But d cure no be small money o
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by NigerianDiamond(m): 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
ebukaOtika:
The American Unis should come first Abeg ,,,,Nigerian Unis are known for V.C's list,, Cleaner's lists etc

Shame on you...You are a fucking backward human being...I believe if not for the cleaners list, you wouldn't have had tertiary education. Moreover, the problem you had with these news is that the school mentioned is UI, you would have preffered IMSU or UNN...mumu #StopDemeaningNigeria
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by logica(m): 6:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
Chi59:

Receive sense!!
...your FATHER first. smiley
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by Orikinla(m): 6:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
[size=18pt]YESHUA!
HALLELUJAH!
Oh, may this testimony be permanent until Jesus Christ returns.

Oh, God! To you and to only you alone be all the glory![/size]
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by MadCow1: 6:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
waice6571:
Good question deserve good answer.

The University community in Ibadan are working seriously to help people suffering from 'MAD COW' diseases with head transplant and brain surgery

Are you a student of the university in Ibadan?
Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by Spirit1(m): 6:21pm On Oct 29, 2015
Nigerians being deceived by the elites. There is nothing new in this procedure. If they are saying that UI has been successful in performing it in Nigeria then yes.

OP your caption is misinforming. This is not new

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
Heard this bone marrow transfer ish many years ago. Wasn't just yesterday

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anthony Ayalogu: Customs Comptroller Slumps At Airport, Dies, CG Mourns / Is There A Cure For Hiv/aids / Transformation Photos Of A Female Nigerian Doctor Based In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.