Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? (12719 Views)

Pastor Gabriel Adegboye: "God Sent Me To Replace Buhari As President Of Nigeria" / Pastor Daniel Obinim Claims To Have Visited Heaven And Chastised Angel Gabriel / Angel Gabriel Please Blow The Trumpet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by itstpia8: 8:25pm On Oct 31, 2015
op still waiting for your responses jare.
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by twosquare(m): 8:27pm On Oct 31, 2015
PureWays:
In Daniel 10, the angel Gabriel tells Daniel that he was sent to give him a message, yet it took him 21 days to get to Daniel because he was restrained by the Prince of Persia, and finally broke through with the help of Michael the Archangel.

Can someone please explain this passage to me?
Are there terrestrial powers that we don't know of?
How come the Prince of persia was able to restrain an Angel? Is he a demon?
Which realm or world is the Prince of persia in?

Yes, there are spiritual powers some don't know of. Not all are ignorant. Paul the Apostle listed their strata in one of his epistles. Their realms, and operations. How he was able to restrain and keep at bay that angel after 21 days of warring? That being is a prince, a dark prince to be precise, but of another pedigree. Set over the regions of Persia, he was assigned to stop the will of God from manifesting. This is not will of getting job, a good house... Princes of these dark realms are least concerned about such. But when a matter of the Kingdom is at hand, they 'sneeze'. These are the things that pertains to the salvation of man, and the unveiling of the Kingdom of God.

Is he a demon? No, demons are of the lowest realms. He is a spirit. You will say, "wait, wait... Aren't they all spirits?" Yes and no. No, in the sense that you have to understand spiritual language.. Demons aren't pure breed spirit, they are weightier. But the kind that fought with the angel was lighter, in fact, very light. You war against such, no shortcuts. Demons are below the ladder, Paul didn't even mention them. The princes of Darkness are rulers, not errand boys.

The realm of the "air"... They all are (excluding demons). But there are still stratums in this realm. I deduced from the operation of that particular spirit, coz being a prince to be appointed over the region of a great empire isn't a small thing and withstanding the will of God for 21 days raised some dust, that Michael was placed on an emergency call... And that angel he fought wasn't Gabriel; he can't even see Gabriel's movement. Gabriel came later.

2 Likes

Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by dasanchez1(m): 9:35pm On Oct 31, 2015
mayorall:

Personal method.

Start with worship, insert your requests in the middle, end with praise.

Meet him at the time he's near.

Be grateful, only great fools are ungrateful.

Also personally pray less. I mostly use his words, God's word is God himself.

like am going to bed/traveling

"He has given his angels charge over me to keep me in my ways, angels, hear the word of God. The next is just seeing them taking positions. And I sleep like a baby.

thanks for showing me the way. I will do as you said....

Gracia
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by PureWays(m): 5:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
twosquare:
Yes, there are spiritual powers some don't know of. Not all are ignorant. Paul the Apostle listed their strata in one of his epistles. Their realms, and operations. How he was able to restrain and keep at bay that angel after 21 days of warring? That being is a prince, a dark prince to be precise, but of another pedigree. Set over the regions of Persia, he was assigned to stop the will of God from manifesting. This is not will of getting job, a good house... Princes of these dark realms are least concerned about such. But when a matter of the Kingdom is at hand, they 'sneeze'. These are the things that pertains to the salvation of man, and the unveiling of the Kingdom of God.

Is he a demon? No, demons are of the lowest realms. He is a spirit. You will say, "wait, wait... Aren't they all spirits?" Yes and no. No, in the sense that you have to understand spiritual language.. Demons aren't pure breed spirit, they are weightier. But the kind that fought with the angel was lighter, in fact, very light. You war against such, no shortcuts. Demons are below the ladder, Paul didn't even mention them. The princes of Darkness are rulers, not errand boys.

The realm of the "air"... They all are (excluding demons). But there are still stratums in this realm. I deduced from the operation of that particular spirit, coz being a prince to be appointed over the region of a great empire isn't a small thing and withstanding the will of God for 21days raised some dust, that Michael was placed on an emergency call... I believe his realm or world belongs to the "spiritual wickedness in high places."
Nice point..
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by PureWays(m): 5:48pm On Nov 01, 2015
itstpia8:
op still waiting for your responses jare.
I think it was later mentioned in a verse that directed us back to Daniel 10 verse 12&13 which states that it was Angel Gabriel that was restrained... Don't though where the Bible passage is though..
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by simi4me(m): 6:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
The angel was not Gabriel. Evidence in that Daniel had already seen Gabriel in the previous chapter and identify him as Gabriel from the vision in the beginning. But when he got to chapter 10, he called the angel "a certain man" if it was Gabriel, he would have said Gabriel appeared to him again.
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by simi4me(m): 6:17pm On Nov 01, 2015
The angel was not Gabriel evidence in that Daniel had already seen Gabriel in chapter 9, and identify him as Gabriel from the vision in the beginning. But when he got to chapter 10, the angel he saw, he called him "a certain man". If it was Gabriel, he would have said Gabriel appeared to be again, since he already knew the identity of Gabriel.

1 Like

Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by itstpia8: 6:22pm On Nov 01, 2015
PureWays:
I think it was later mentioned in a verse that directed us back to Daniel 10 verse 12&13 which states that it was Angel Gabriel that was restrained... Don't though where the Bible passage is though..

the man mentioned in Daniel 10 vs 12,13 was not Gabriel.

Gabriel was not described as being a warrior, rather he is a messenger and observer.
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by Anas09: 11:53pm On Nov 03, 2015
@itstapia.

What are you looking for when you study the Bible? Let me rephraise. Do u read it or u study it?

You said u can't fine Gabrail in chapter 10. Are you studying the chapters of the Bible in isolation or the book of the Bible? Or what the books are saying?
Start reading from verse 9. Verse 10 is a follow up of ve 9.

See how I study the Bible. I study the;
Books of the Bible
Characters in those books
Prophets
Prophecies
Kings and their activities.

Principles,like Faith( the three types) offering, escathology, tithe, water Baptism, holy Communion, Prosperity, healing, giving, Blood. Marriage, sex.angels etc

I study Concepts like; love peace, mercy, hope, forgiveness, righteousness. Hell fire, etc

I had five diff translations of the Bible. I had Jw's bible, I had Catholic Bible, NIV, King James, and Bible in Contemprary English. Then a study Bible that links with other chapters, verses other books of the Bible. Checking to understand better.

Wen u pick a topic, u fine urself rummaging from Gen through Rev.
With this, u won't just be looking for something in one chapter of a book. Scriptures interpret other Scriptures.

The deep calleth to the deep.

And the Guy who wants to know how to pray.
I remember asking someone this same question way back. She said to me. And I'll say to U what she said to me. Just say to God what u would say to ur earthly father. She said, Don't worry if u run out of what to say after 2minutes. Don't worry, just keep at it. Just remember to thank him first, for what you think he has done for You, ur family members, friends, neighbours, even ur enemies. If u need him to do something for u, ask him, what if its ur friend who needs something? Ask Him unbehalf of ur friend. If u remember someone in the hospital ask for healing for him/her
Try to keep doubt at bay. Satan will be telling u that u r a sinner, that God won't hear U. Ignore him, he does that a lot. He will do that to you until u grow in faith and know ur rights so that when he comes with his stupid arguements in ur heart, u use the word to counter him.

You will yawn a lot while praying, u'll feel sleepy. You'll feel lethargic, Satan will tell u to pray later, wen u hear that, just start praying.
Forget demons and their activities. Some Christians start their prayer by casting demons. Ignore satan. He likes it wen people build around him. He likes it wen people talk abt him, especially if they are living sin such as unforgiveness and malice, bitterness. Forget die by fire prayer, its unscriptural, effort in futility. Demons don't die, they r spirits. You can expel them, but can't kill them. I do Warfare rarely, except if a feel threatened in my spirit.

Wen u face God, God will face Satan for U.
Conquer urself and you would ve conqered all. The Battle is within More than its without.
Your first enemy is urself.
Pride
Unforgiveness
Haughtiness(the feeling that u r better that others, Christ hates it)
Malice.
Anger
Gossip
Stealing (no matter how small)
Lying (no matter how white)
Rage.
Lust, whether for sex, or other vices.
And a whole lot. If you concentrate on working out of this things Satan hasn't got a hold on u anymore.
He holds us in our weakpoints. If he knows ur weakest link is anger, hmmm, you keep falling into it, don't worry, get up, dust off, claim victory and keep walking. Wen someone will spit on ur face, but you'll away will come.

Why am typing all these. The desire to pray is good, but it shdnt be effort in futility. Seek the will of God concerning whatever u want.
Eg. What's the will of God concering Marriage. He says, "None shall lack his/her mate, (husband/wife) isa 34ves16, he says to avoid fornication, let everyman marry his own wife and every woman her own husband 1Cor 7ves2. Its shows that its Gods will for u to marry. But to who? "only in the Lord" 1cor 7ves39c
You shdnt go and marry an unbeliever because God wants u to marry. Do not be unequally yoked with an unbeliver, 11Cor 6:14.
If u search out his will concerning Isues, those are the weapons U use in pray. Remind him his promises. Tell Him, You said this and U said that, and u said if I serve you, you'll do that.
Step by step. U'll grow, and don't live ur life based on people's accessment of ur person.
Onward Christian soldier matching as to War...
Godbless.

4 Likes

Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by itstpia8: 12:48am On Nov 04, 2015
Principles,like Faith

i guess the reason for your meaningless epistle (which I didnt read), is simply to mention the word Faith.

kindly address your enquiries or comments to the op, thanks.
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by itstpia8: 12:49am On Nov 04, 2015
itstpia8:

the man mentioned in Daniel 10 vs 12,13 was not Gabriel.

Gabriel was not described as being a warrior, rather he is a messenger and observer.
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by Nobody: 4:48am On Nov 04, 2015
PureWays:
In Daniel 10, the angel Gabriel tells Daniel that he was sent to give him a message, yet it took him 21 days to get to Daniel because he was restrained by the Prince of Persia, and finally broke through with the help of Michael the Archangel.

Remember about the principalities, powers and rulers that spiritual warfare is all about(Ephesians 6). The prince of Persia refers to a spiritual principality. An angel, but not a Godly one. A power of darkness. It is a spiritual realm that ruled over the time and world that Daniel lived in.

Remember God has given this age and the preceding ones to men - these powers are at times referred to as men as they are indeed the ungodliness and wickedness of the world. And they do not exist apart from men. The world is under the sway of the wicked one, the scriptures say. It is a reference to the reign of a wicked principality. A prince. That is why he withstood another prince, a holy one, as is the nature of wickedness, it will always arise against Godliness.
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by Anas09: 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
@ istapia8
If u have ur eyes in ur head, you'd see I didn't address you at the point of prayer.

I don't know wht u want in life, buts dats ur bizness. Going by ur thought, u lack direction. But good luck.
I learn a lot by reading here, others do too, if u don't read, clap hands for urself.
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by UyiIredia(m): 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
PureWays:

The Prince of Persia is a demon. Demons where once angels but they rebelled against God and were thrown down to earth, some demons are stronger than some angels; while the angel was powerful, many demons especially the stronger ones would have teamed up to stop his message (which was very important). This must be why the angel was delayed.

ps: A lady here rightly it was 'a certain rain man' not Gabriel.
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by PureWays(m): 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
muafrika:

Remember about the principalities, powers and rulers that spiritual warfare is all about(Ephesians 6). The prince of Persia refers to a spiritual principality. An angel, but not a Godly one. A power of darkness. It is a spiritual realm that ruled over the time and world that Daniel lived in.

Remember God has given this age and the preceding ones to men - these powers are at times referred to as men as they are indeed the ungodliness and wickedness of the world. And they do not exist apart from men. The world is under the sway of the wicked one, the scriptures say. It is a reference to the reign of a wicked principality. A prince. That is why he withstood another prince, a holy one, as is the nature of wickedness, it will always arise against Godliness.
Yeah.. Thanks for the contribution..
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by trapQ: 7:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
Angels don't release answers to prayers. God does. Angels are only messengers. GOD answers our prayers, and he sends his angels to grant or deliver our requests to us.
mayorall:

Nice point on the issue. This shows angels releases answers to prayers . "coiled from "put your angels to work by Bishop Oyedepo.
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by mayorall(m): 8:38pm On Nov 04, 2015
trapQ:
Angels don't release answers to prayers. God does. Angels are only messengers. GOD answers our prayers, and he sends his angels to grant or deliver our requests to us.

Angel to Daniel

Daniel 10vs 12

International Standard Version
"'Don't be afraid, Daniel,' he told me, 'because from the
first day that you committed yourself to understand
and to humble yourself before your God, your words
were heard. I've come in answer to your prayers.
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by trapQ: 10:57pm On Nov 04, 2015
he came in answer to his prayers doesn't mean he answered Daniel's prayers. don't contradict yourself. Angels don't have the capacity to answer prayers. Not even the highest order of angels can, which are arch Angela Gabriel and Michael.

God simply answered his prayers and sent the answer through his angel.
mayorall:

Angel to Daniel

Daniel 10vs 12

International Standard Version
"'Don't be afraid, Daniel,' he told me, 'because from the
first day that you committed yourself to understand
and to humble yourself before your God, your words
were heard. I've come in answer to your prayers.
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by itstpia8: 11:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
Anas09:
@ me
If I have my eyes in my head, I'd see I didn't address me at the point of prayer.

I don't know wht I want in life, buts dats my bizness. Going by my thought, I lack direction. But good luck.
I learn a lot by reading here, others do too, if I don't read, clap hands for myself.

madam, I dont know you and I dont wish to know you.

face your front, thanks.

like I said, direct your comments to the op so you can have a happier life.
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by PureWays(m): 2:49am On Nov 05, 2015
itstpia8:

madam, I dont know you and I dont wish to know you.

face your front, thanks.

like I said, direct your comments to the op so you can have a happier life.
Take it easy, bike... We do not need such utterances here.. Enjoy..
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by itstpia8: 5:27am On Nov 05, 2015
PureWays:
i am a bike... We do not need my utterances here.. Enjoy..

vamoose, thanks.

do i know you from somewhere?
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 05, 2015
PureWays:

Yes, it was a demon thatvheld the angel for 21 days, ie, one of the fallen angels.

These fallen angels still have there powers they had when in heaven.
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by PureWays(m): 11:13am On Nov 05, 2015
itstpia8:

vamoose, thanks.

do i know you from somewhere?
Ooh, sorry for that, I wanted to type Bro instead of bike..
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by simi4me(m): 6:35pm On Nov 05, 2015
trapQ:
he came in answer to his prayers doesn't mean he answered Daniel's prayers. don't contradict yourself. Angels don't have the capacity to answer prayers. Not even the highest order of angels can, which are arch Angela Gabriel and Michael.

God simply answered his prayers and sent the answer through his angel.

Dude there was only one angel in the Bible that was given the title archangel and his name was Michael. Gabriel was never an archangel.
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by Hankaka: 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hmm that is good thank u all
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by 4C2215131: 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
luckyCO:
The level of your righteousness determines what the angles sent to you can do.
That is why we persist in prayer such to empower the angle sent to bring our prayers.

We discover Daniel was a godly man but he was given a name of their gods. I believe it might have given devil enough power to battle with the angel, as Daniel tallied in prayer Gabriel was sent,another powerful angel who now defeated prince of Persia.

Yes we have first heaven, second heaven and third heaven.
Our prayers pass through second heaven before they are answered and the second heaven are where the principalities and powers operate.

That is why we need to live the life of obedience and love to the things of God for second heaven has no power over you.

I guess I may have added a little to your quest.
Thanks

Don't subscribe to that theory, bout the strength of angels being determined by the fervency of our prayers. They are independent beings. Don't subscribe to it at all!

1 Like

Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by 4C2215131: 8:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
mayorall:

Nice point on the issue. This shows angels releases answers to prayers . "coiled from "put

your angels to work by Bishop Oyedepo.

'Culled' you mean.
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by Cloud007: 4:34pm On Apr 28, 2018
Daniel 10 On the very day that Daniel prayed, God instructed one of His Heavenly angels to go personally to Daniel to deliver His answer. The angel immediately left Heaven to go to Earth, a journey that takes the blink of an eye. However, the angel did not get to Earth, or to Daniel at any rate, for three (3) weeks. The angel explained to Daniel that he had been held up by a dark side being whom the angel called "The Prince of the Kingdom of Persia". In other words, this Heavenly angel had been attacked by one of the most powerful Angel, the prince assigned to influence the human King of Persia. This angel could not defeat this powerful being on his own strength, so he had to call on Michael, the angel whom God had assigned to protect Israel
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by Cloud007: 4:42pm On Apr 28, 2018
Make no mistake about the fact that Satan and his demons exist, and they are exceedingly powerful. They are supernatural [above, over earthly, "natural" forces, they can do whatever they want to do, unless God specifically steps in to prevent it. In other words, much of what Satan wants to do in this world today, he can do.Satan has supernatural power, i.e., power over and above this Earth. Thus, whatever he wants to do, he can do, provided God does not step in to prevent it. We see this situation most clearly in Job, a story which we outline for you, below. But, first, we need to clearly understand our next point about Satan: Satan is the Lord --THE Dictator -- of this world; do not be deceived on this point. The Bible declares this to be the case repeatedly throughout Scripture. This is a most revealing picture, once you examine it thoroughly. The picture is that of a human being walking up and down on a small plot of land, like our garden plot. The understanding here is that a person has such complete control, because the thing under his control is very small and insignificant compared to his overall power and ability. We think of Earth as being very large, but to supernatural Satan, Earth is nothing more, nor less, than his small, insignificant garden plot, over which he exercises complete control -- unless a power greater than he intervenes. And, immediately in Job, we see that God exercises just that power, telling Satan he may test Job, but with certain restrictions, specifically not taking Job's life. But, God allowed Satan to take the life of Job's family members! We should thoroughly understand the power which Satan wields. He has the power to kill humans, should God allow it.

2) Ephesians 2:6-7, the Apostle Paul calls Satan the "Prince of the Power of the Air". The reference to "air" refers to the air surrounding this Earth. It is just another way of saying "Earth". Paul's picture here is that of Satan being the Absolute Dictator (Prince) of this Earth. The Apostle John also speaks of Satan with this title, in John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11)
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by Cloud007: 5:00pm On Apr 28, 2018
We should all remember what he did to Jesus body. Satan owns flesh that corrupt. He owns authority over his body. No human can last an hour with such agony. But he held the life of Jesus for his own amusements and entertainment. Thinking the Son will break through the body he owns inhently. Even the Son acknowledge that when He confirmed the withdrawal of God's presence.(my God...why have you forsaken me) am tempted to say Jesus was without a Spirit at time. Cos I know His Spirit is God. The frenzy continued even after He died. The bad guy must have gone to Hades to check out the status of Jesus. When He found daddy. he will be like Dad(prostrating)...any chance you help found my brother Jesus around here? God answered him....how hard is it to understand....you still don't have insight in this one thing. I AM JESUS.. that was the beginning of the end to uncle Lucifer's reign
Re: How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? by candelahria(f): 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2018
And then somebody here will go and download "Prince of Persia" and play. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Catholic Priests be Allowed to Get Married? / Eagle Prophet delivers Ernest Opoku from fornication / Camilla Mberekpe’s Confession: Is It African Magic Or Holy Spirit In Action?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.