Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War (2361 Views)

Aisha Buhari In The U.S With A Hermes Bag Worth N40 Million - The Signal / Dami Osinbajo Graduates From Dartmouth College In The U.S / Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refinaries In Kogi,lagos & Bayelsa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by marenx: 8:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
The South China Sea's controversy is recently on the rise as the U.S.S. Lassen, a destroyer, came close to five of its artificial islands in the South China Sea's contested waters.

Cui Tiankai, Chinese ambassador to the United States, told CNN Tuesday that the U.S. patrol was "a very serious provocation, politically and militarily."

"We will fly, sail and operate anywhere in the world that international law allows," a U.S. defense official told CNN following the latest U.S. sortie into the disputed zone.

The current posturing in the area has led to heightened tensions between the world's preeminent military powers, and in May Former CIA Deputy Director Michael Morell told CNN that the confrontation indicates there is "absolutely" a risk of the U.S. and China going to war sometime in the future.

By Maren John Mafuyai from Jos

Citation from CNN http://www.cnnmobile.com/latest/2015/10/28/south-china-sea-showdown-how-we-got-here?fullarticle=true
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
China won't go to war with any country. For now. They have a greater plan.

1 Like

Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by marenx: 8:21pm On Oct 29, 2015
Reyginus:

That is if Japan and Taiwan refuse to bother about the oil rich South China Sea reclamation.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Phame: 8:28pm On Oct 29, 2015
Anything that would lead to the disintegration of the US and its resultant weakness is welcomed by me.

#TeamChinaTeamRussia

1 Like

Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
marenx:

That is if Japan and Taiwan refuse to bother about the oil rich South China Sea reclamation.
It doesn't matter in this case. China will not engage the Americans now. Acquiring that region is the first step. The first step is to build enough military bases in countries around the world. The Americans know the implication of even this first move and that's partly the reason for this defiance.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Phame: 8:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
Reyginus:
says who?
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by fineguy11(m): 8:31pm On Oct 29, 2015
i just laugh the WEST..THE LAST THING THE US WANTS,IS FOR CHINA TO ENTER INTO ANY MILITARY AGREEMENT WITH MOSCOW(china with the money,,russia with the weapons).this will be a nightmare come true for the west...
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Yanks101: 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
fineguy11:
i just laugh the WEST..THE LAST THING THE US WANTS,IS FOR CHINA TO ENTER INTO ANY MILITARY AGREEMENT WITH MOSCOW(china with the money,,russia with the weapons).this will be a nightmare come true for the west...
They are already in agreement and the US is not bothered.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
Phame:
Anything that would lead to the disintegration of the US and its resultant weakness is welcomed by me.

#TeamChinaTeamRussia
Not now. The Americans are so militarily advanced now for China to have a fair game. Besides, China doesn't even have the moral high ground in this case to lure the cooperation of the Russians. International resolution is in the Americans corner in this case.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
Phame:
says who?
Every military philosopher will say so. Any attempt to face the Americans now will lead to the depletion of their current military might. The trick is to pretend the intent is not to dominate and conquer the world. Make allies and conquer.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
Yanks101:
They are already in agreement and the US is not bothered.
Of course they are but they will pretend not to be. That's deception strategy and the Chinese and Russians know this. The Chinese also know they will be defeated if they face the Americans now. The Generals know this.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
fineguy11:
They only have an agreement. China will not waste a dollar now on any war. They are intelligent.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Idrismusty97(m): 8:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
China is more concerned about Economic dominance. A war with any nation, much more a super power will jeopardize China plans. Don't even think of war, it isn't an option. China would only fight proxy war with the US like in the case of Vietnam.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by marenx: 8:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
Reyginus:
It doesn't matter in this case. China will not engage the Americans now. Acquiring that region is the first step. The first step is to build enough military bases in countries around the world. The Americans know the implication of even this first move and that's partly the reason for this defiance.

But what if USA weaken China through supporting Taiwan, Malaysia, Japan to fight against the reclamation? You knew how USA was wise to disintegrate Ukraine from Russia just a few years ago and this weaken Russia almost 50%.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Phame: 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
Reyginus:
Not now. The Americans are so militarily advanced now for China to have a fair game. Besides, China doesn't even have the moral high ground in this case to lure the cooperation of the Russians. International resolution is in the Americans corner in this case.
it seems you don't know what the two are up to. China will get the cooperation of Russia faster than it can get from Hong Kong(a semi autonomous part of china).
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
marenx:

But what if USA weaken China through supporting Taiwan, Malaysia, Japan to fight against the reclamation? You knew how USA was wise to disintegrate Ukraine from Russia just a few years ago and this weaken Russia almost 50%.
I think the best way to weaken China now is to lure them into fighting a war. Through war America will give Hong Kong what they really want and split the country further.

War, right now, is America's ultimate ally. And in this war, Lavrov and Kerry will device a way to prevent the two countries from colliding. You see what is happening in Syria now? Russia came with all the show like ISIS would be destroyed in two weeks time. Now the air raids just like the American's on Doctors Without Borders has hit about 7 hospitals and they are already reconciled with the Americans on routing out ISIS collectively.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Phame: 9:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
Reyginus:
Every military philosopher will say so. Any attempt to face the Americans now will lead to the depletion of their current military might. The trick is to pretend the intent is not to dominate and conquer the world. Make allies and conquer.
I guess so.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Phame: 9:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
Reyginus:
I think the best way to weaken China now is to lure them into fighting a war. Through war America will give Hong Kong what they really want and split the country further.

War, right now, is America's ultimate ally. And in this war, Lavrov and Kerry will device a way to prevent the two countries from colliding. You see what is happening in Syria now? Russia came with all the show like ISIS would be destroyed in two weeks time. Now the air raids just like the American's on Doctors Without Borders has hit about 7 hospitals and they are already reconciled with the Americans on routing out ISIS collectively.
this smells like a story cooked by the western media.

1 Like

Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 29, 2015
Phame:
it seems you don't know what the two are up to. China will get the cooperation of Russia faster than it can get from Hong Kong(a semi autonomous part of china).
I can bet two life times it won't happen like that in this case. War, to a large extent, is won on moral grounds. Russia needs a good reason to join any war especially when it involves world powers. They will only sell them weapons in this case but not men on the ground.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 29, 2015
Phame:
Not really. I think you should be scared that Russia and America reached an agreement on rooting out ISIS. That's the puzzle. How come the people you criticized some weeks ago as being the instigators are now working with you? I'm scared Syria has become a playground for the world powers.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
Idrismusty97:
China is more concerned about Economic dominance. A war with any nation, much more a super power will jeopardize China plans. Don't even think of war, it isn't an option. China would only fight proxy war with the US like in the case of Vietnam.
Exactly.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by marenx: 9:26pm On Oct 29, 2015
Reyginus:

You're right. And as if Chinese are aware of it. And if so, they will not fight. They'll do what will make the region like a sort of noman's land for some years while building their powerful military bases schemes.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Phame: 9:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
Reyginus:
Not really. I think you should be scared that Russia and America reached an agreement on rooting out ISIS. That's the puzzle. How come the people you criticized some weeks ago as being the instigators are now working with you? I'm scared Syria has become a playground for the world powers.
even at the last UNGA , a talk was held on the sideline between Russia and the US and, Russia highlighted the need for international cooperation but not the one being spearheaded by the US. Russia never wanted to act in isolation. If there's anyone who had swallowed the humble pills , or gone back or their words not work with Russia, its is the US.

1 Like

Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Phame: 9:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
Reyginus:
I can bet two life times it won't happen like that in this case. War, to a large extent, is won on moral grounds. Russia needs a good reason to join any war especially when it involves world powers. They will only sell them weapons in this case but not men on the ground.
the greatest moral justification that would make Russia stomp on the US for China is the multi-billion dollar gas deal between the two.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 29, 2015
Phame:
even at the last UNGA , a talk was held on the sideline between Russia and the US and, Russia highlighted the need for international cooperation but not the one being spearheaded by the US. Russia never wanted to act in isolation. If there's anyone who had swallowed the humble pills , or gone back or their words not work with Russia, its is the US.
Lol. The US are very smart. The problem of this world they are. I think Putin's emotions make it easy to study him and plan ahead. He's predictable just like Trump.

The Chinese led by Xinping are like the Americans in theory and also practically unique. Nobody has swallowed any pie yet. But then when you watch Putin's and Russian's response before invading Syria you'd think they will never agree to anything. I think I have a clue to who will eat the pie. The Arabs want Bashir to leave, Americans want him to, Russians want him to stay.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
marenx:
You're right. And as if Chinese are aware of it. And if so, they will not fight. They'll do what will make the region like a sort of noman's land for some years while building their powerful military bases schemes.
And that's what they will do. I fear a Chinese world power. Imagine the population and military power of the world. I think I'm comfortable with Russia.

4 Likes

Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by marenx: 9:53pm On Oct 29, 2015
Phame:
You're right and close to or knowing what the USA has said a few years ago that: "Before, the world was controlled by the means of production. Today, it is controlled by simple means of communication."

Now they control the world by what they force us to think about. And this is deception.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 29, 2015
Phame:
the greatest moral justification that would make Russia stomp on the US for China is the multi-billion dollar gas deal between the two.
No. It doesn't work that way. Every country is allowed passage through South Sea. It's a UN resolution. International waters. Erecting a base there will mean deciding who uses the place. And normally different countries use it. Russia helping China here will also make them subordinates. They are not that kind of Ally.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 29, 2015
marenx:
You're right and close to or knowing what the USA has said a few years ago that: "Before, the world was controlled by the means of production. Today, it is controlled by simple means of communication."

Now they control the world by what they force us to think about. And this is deception.
Deception is key. That's where Russia is lagging. Their propaganda strategy is weak. China's investment in CCTV is a step to achieving that.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by marenx: 10:42pm On Oct 29, 2015
Reyginus:
And that's what they will do. I fear a Chinese world power. Imagine the population and military power of the world. I think I'm comfortable with Russia.
They can't beat USA. I believe that USA will weaken them through splitting technique as you mentioned earlier. They have been using this law of splitting for many years and succeeding. They borrowed or modernized it from the olden Roman Emperors, which was before or even now known as divide-and-rule. I can not believe USA are not Europeans in disguise.
Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by Phame: 10:43pm On Oct 29, 2015
Reyginus:
Lol. The US are very smart. The problem of this world they are. I think Putin's emotions make it easy to study him and plan ahead. He's predictable just like Trump.

The Chinese led by Xinping are like the Americans in theory and also practically unique. Nobody has swallowed any pie yet. But then when you watch Putin's and Russian's response before invading Syria you'd think they will never agree to anything. I think I have a clue to who will eat the pie. The Arabs want Bashir to leave, Americans want him to, Russians want him to stay.
you think Putin is emotional? This is a laughable assessment. He's beating Americans to their own game and, I think only China understands that right now. Like I said, the US did swallow the 'humble chill pills' first.

1 Like

Re: A Risk Of The U.S. And China Going To War by mazeltov(m): 10:43pm On Oct 29, 2015
Reyginus:
Deception is key. That's where Russia is lagging. Their propaganda strategy is weak. China's investment in CCTV is a step to achieving that.
this is the most relevanr post to me. It's all about media, it's all about propaganda. With CNN and BBC at the disposal of the west feeding us with deceptions, CCTV as a media outlet is also doing its own in China. Russia needs to work on her media and communication sector. The war is now fought on media as the battle ground and propaganda is the latest weapon and the gullible ones are falling victims.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria States In Red! / Wike: Amaechi,others Must Consult Me Before Coming To Rivers State / Nigeria’s Unity Only Sustainable By Consent Of All Ethnic Nat., Afenifere, IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.