Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,534 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken (70364 Views)

How Many Nigerian Languages Are Spoken In Your Family? / Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken / The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Firstinline(m): 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

na true o, we r now divided along ethnic line.
akwaibom is now divided into ibibios, annangs and the oros.
godswill akpabio reps annang, attah reps ibibio funny enuf udom also reps ibibio of southern eket.
the ibenos and eastern obolos are ijaw thhough dont know whether their ijaw language is the same as the ijaw of bayelsa, rivers and delta.
all the same am ibibio of annang origin so im a complete akwaibom man!
mum is annang and dad is ibibio though from d same senatorial district.
akwaibom isongo!
annang emaka ibono ooooooo!
ojeh ojeh ojeh bap.........

But why all these divisions among the Akwa-Ibom people ?

I think it is very unnecessary, it does not help you guys to achieve anything.

The truth is that i as an outsider actually see you as one. Infact i see Akwa-Ibom and Cross-river people as the same.

When i was younger i thought you were all "Calabar".

4 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by naijaguy77: 6:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
fratermathy:

I just don't get how this Oron and Ibibio argument started. Mr Sowell28 please stop derailing MY THREAD. If you want to argue callously, OPEN YOUR OWN THREAD.

Thank you.

Oron and Ibibio are ONE!

Are you sick? Since when did Oron people become Ibibio? And since when did Oro language or even Efik language become an Ibibio dialect?

Just consider the following facts:

1) Oro people speak oro language, they also generally understand Efik language but only because the bible was first translated into Efik, so the missionaries used Efik to spread the gospel. Even in the most rural parts of Oro, people can understand efik, but ibibio is some irritating sound that no one relates to.

2) Ibibio is a dialect of Efik, not the other way around. Efik is the main language, it is understood by everyone, Efiks, Oros, Ibibios, Anangs, etc. The Efik bible is what is used from Ikot Ekpene to Ikot Ansa, so I wonder which alternate universe you live in where Ibibio is a language and Efik is a dialect?

3) What are the characteristics of a language, as opposed to a dialect? Efik is studied in university, Efik has poetry and artistic music from Inyang Nta Henshaw to Peter Effiom, plays and playwrights, literary luminaries, Professors of Efik language such as E.N. Amaku, Efik alphabets and etymology. Jesus, what is ibibio? Ibibio is a barbaric dialect of the efik language.

Comparing Efik and Ibibio is like comparing Queens Engligh to Pidgin English, just because more idiots speak pidgin English doesn't make it the language, it is still the sub-language/dialect of proper English.

Maybe becuase you have started getting some oil money (which you don't even produce a drop of oil, oil is produced by Oros, Ibenos, and Obolos) and you are no longer houseboy and housegirl, you think you can come on nairaland and denigrate other people's culture and language? You better think again.

The Ibibios, up until recently, have been something of 2nd class citizens in that region. Because they live in the hinterland (despite being in a predominantly Riverine/coastal region) , they had the following misfortunes:

1) The Efiks and Oros are coastal people and their main commodity during the slave trade era were ibibios. They sold ibibios to Europe slave traders and this led to the generally perception of the ibibios as inferior. Since they had no access to the coast and were mere commodity.

2) During the colonial and missionary era, the Europeans first settled in the coast - Lagos, Calabar, Oron etc. Because of this, Education and Administrative generally went to people from the coastal regions, hence the reason why you find the oldest schools in these areas - Hope Waddell Training Institute Calabar, Methodist Boys High School Oron, St. Patrick's College Calabar, Kings College Lagos, etc. Because of this, the ibibios had no access to Education until the late 20th century. This naturally placed them at a disadvantage to the Efiks and Oros, who are coastal people and had earlier interaction with Europeans, embraced western education early, etc.

Today, you see jokers come on the internet to proclaim a barbaric dialect as a language. Can you tell us even one seminal work done in the ibibio dialect? None. You think a sound is considered a language because it is chanted by numerous monkeys?

What a joke.

The main language of the Lower Cross River Basin is EFIK. The dialects of Efik include Ibibio and Anang. Some related languages to Efik are Oro and Ibeno.

10 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by genuinechimere(m): 6:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
IMO. I don't see any difference between Efik and Ibibio. It's just like people from Anambra and Umuahia, speaking different dialects of igbo. Efik is lighter than Ibibio.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by xreal: 6:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
Chinachriss:
I understand the Op's plight. Same here in Uniuyo with the Oron guys. They are really marginalized in Aks. But, I must commend them, they are very industrious. An average Ibibio person is very lazy.

which bush are you from?
do you know the meaning of being lazy?

if you have no positive contribution, shuut your cavity and concentrate on your academics.

NDISIME MKPO UNAM !!

2 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by pally212(m): 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
Nice work.....kudos.......#proudly IBIBIO
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 6:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigerianvenom, God bless your people!

Ibibio land is blessed

You bet it is! There's a reason why Akwaibom State (which is dominated by we the Ibibios) is termed "THE LAND OF PROMISE".smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by naijaguy77: 6:52pm On Nov 02, 2015
Firstinline:

But why all these divisions among the Akwa-Ibom people ?

I think it is very unnecessary, it does not help you guys to achieve anything.

The truth is that i as an outsider actually see you as one. Infact i see Akwa-Ibom and Cross-river people as the same.

When i was younger i thought you were all "Calabar".

My brother there was not division. But when one person start thinking he is more important that another person, then you need to put him in his place.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Chinachriss(m): 6:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
xreal:

which bush are you from?
do you know the meaning of being lazy?

if you have no positive contribution, shuut your cavity and concentrate on your academics.

NDISIME MKPO UNAM !!
Hahaha, my brother, I said an average o. But, I said the truth naa. Una no like stress at all.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Coach8: 6:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
vicenzo:
Nawao! See hyperventilation!

cc: ocelot2006.

Your Annang is being accused of the same things you accuse Ndiigbo of.

"our oyel" " our oyel", turns out the oyel is not in Annangland, it's in Oronland.

So what happens now that Oron wants her independence?

You see why it's foolish to put faith in oyel instead of human resources.

Oron is not as rich as Sowell28 would like to believe, the richest towns in AKS in terms of oil would be Ibeno and then maybe Eket. Until now, I never realised the Oron people wanted to not be classified as AKS.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Obiagu1(m): 6:57pm On Nov 02, 2015
fratermathy:
After this, I am going up North.

Tiv Dialects and Where They Are Spoken. grin (Except someone beats me to it)

What language do the Ogoja people speak?
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Aitee1: 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
Willgates:

I am an Ibibio man and find this very offensive.

Iko abi isuk ibaba cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by OboloMAN: 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
naijaguy77:

Are you sick? Since when did Oron people become Ibibio? And since when did Oro language or even Efik language become an Ibibio dialect?

1) Oro people speak oro language, they also generally understand Efik language but only because the bible was first translated into Efik, so the missionaries used Efik to spread the gospel. Even in the most rural parts of Oro, people can understand efik, but ibibio is some irritating sound that no one relates to.

2) Ibibio is a dialect of Efik, not the other way around. Efik is the main language, it is understood by everyone, Efiks, Oros, Ibibios, Anangs, etc. The Efik bible is what is used from Ikot Ekpene to Ikot Ansa, so I wonder which alternate universe you live in where Ibibio is a language and Efik is a dialect?

3) What are the characteristics of a language, as opposed to a dialect? Efik is studied in university, Efik has poetry and artistic music from Inyang Nta Henshaw to Peter Effiom, plays and playwrights, literary luminaries, Professors of Efik language such as E.N. Amaku, Efik alphabets and etymology. Jesus, what is ibibio? Ibibio is a barbaric dialect of the efik language.

Comparing Efik and Ibibio is like comparing Queens Engligh to Pidgin English, just because more idiots speak pidgin English doesn't make it the language, it is still the sub-language/dialect of proper English.

Maybe becuase you have started getting some oil money (which you don't even produce a drop of oil, oil is produced by Oros, Ibenos, and Obolos) and you are no longer houseboy and housegirl, you think you can come on nairaland and denigrate other people's culture and language? You better think again.

The Ibibios, up until recently, have been something of 2nd class citizens in that region. Because they live in the hinterland (despite being in a predominantly Riverine/coastal region) , they had the following misfortunes:

1) The Efiks and Oros are coastal people and their main commodity during the slave trade era were ibibios. They sold ibibios to Europe slave traders and this led to the generally perception of the ibibios as inferior. Since they had no access to the coast and were mere commodity.

2) During the colonial and missionary era, the Europeans first settled in the coast - Lagos, Calabar, Oron etc. Because of this, Education and Administrative generally went to people from the coastal regions, hence the reason why you find the oldest schools in these areas - Hope Waddell Training Institute Calabar, Methodist Boys High School Oron, St. Patrick's College Calabar, Kings College Lagos, etc. Because of this, the ibibios had no access to Education until the late 20th century. This naturally placed them at a disadvantage to the Efiks and Oros, who are coastal people and had earlier interaction with Europeans, embraced western education early, etc.

Today, you see jokers come on the internet to proclaim a barbaric dialect as a language. Can you tell us even one seminal work done in the ibibio dialect? None. You think a sound is considered a language because it is chanted by numerous monkeys?

What a joke.

The main language of the Lower Cross River Basin is EFIK. The dialects of Efik include Ibibio and Anang. Some related languages to Efik are Oro and Ibeno

That sums it up
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by emakgaga: 7:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
I barely respond to post on Nairaland but this one is kinda dear to heart [am Ibibio].

The original poster, Naijaguy77, Sowell, Nigerianvenom, etc I suppose all have good intentions. Abusing each other however takes away your credibility. Do you want to have a mature open discussion? or you just want things your way?

Each time you disrespect a person on this thread you derail your point. Your abuses become the subject. As the thread progresses you can slowly see a shift from the very rich cultural subject. Stay with the subject irrespective of opinions and we can have a meaningful discussion without abuses.

3 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by genuinechimere(m): 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2015
naijaguy77:

What a joke.

The main language of the Lower Cross River Basin is EFIK. The dialects of Efik include Ibibio and Anang. Some related languages to Efik are Oro and Ibeno.
u nailed it.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by SmartMugu: 7:17pm On Nov 02, 2015
OP, have you considered doing documentaries on your work? I think you can reach farther and wider when people can relate to the visuals of your findings shocked

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by dampraise(m): 7:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
Weldone boss
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by OboloMAN: 7:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
Coach8:

Oron is not as rich as Sowell28 would like to believe, the richest towns in AKS in terms of oil would be Ibeno and then maybe Eket. Until now, I never realised the Oron people wanted to not be classified as AKS.

85% if not 90% of the wealth from oil in akwa ibom, is gotten from Obolo land (Ibeno & Eastern Obolo L G A)
Yet they are the most marginalized and least developed.
The same way Nigeria is Milking the Niger Delta with nothing to show for it. Is the same way Ibibio is Milking Obolo land.
God willing , We shall continue to push for the creation of Oil Rivers state.
Let me see that OP that Will come and create a thread classifying Obolo(Andoni &Ibeno) as Ibibio
Who were the Ibibio's before pre colonial Nigeria. WTF.

2 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 7:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
naijaguy77:

What a joke.

Why cant you be sane enough to make points without attacking someone's personality? Im I an Ibibio or an Efik person? Is it now a crime to research and document tribes I love? Must you insult me?

I cant speak any of these languages and all I wrote are research based. Whether Efik, Anaang, Ibibio, Ibeno, all I know is that they are one people of same stock. If you disagree, you can troll off. If you know so much about your people why haven't you written a thread on them before now? I am showing off your people to the world and you are insulting me. Chei.

That said, my research says Efik is a DIALECT of Ibibio. If you don't agree with whatever I wrote, write a counter-thread. Dont come to my thread and insult my person. No one has a monopoly of insults.

2 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by PROPHETmichael: 7:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
Chinachriss:
SMH
Sowell, stop all this dichotomy, You know very well that Oron/ Ibibio and Efik are related. I understand the fact that Oron language is not mutually intelligible to Ibibio/ Efik/ Annang folks but you guys understand them, bear same names and have similar culture.
This is also observable in other cultures. In Igbo land, I dont understand Afikpo and Nsukka dialects witjout straining my ears but everybody understands the general Igbo Izugbe.
The Op even pointed all these out. So, quit the hatred. You mentioned that Oron has this and that, have you forgotten that Eket is the oil giant of Aks. Is Oron more developed than Eket? Ibeno and Eastern Obolo also have enormous petroleum.

As a former employee of Mobil though not from Akwa Ibom, I can categorically tell you that Eket is not an oil producing Area but Ibeno. The reason Eket holds that tag is because Ibeno was formerly under them and as a result, Eket was well develop during those periods. Ibeno LGA is the reason Akwa Ibom is having No1 spot in Federal allocation but unfortunately, the people are being marginalized in terms of development.

3 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 7:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
Coach8:

The truth is that only Eket Senatorial District (which comprises of the 'Ibibiod' groups and Oro groups) produces all the oil in Akwaibom State. Annangland produces nothing.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by sonnie10: 7:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
naijaguy77:

What a joke.

Bros you go school! Op is not really informed on the topic.

My hypothesis is that Ibibio is a blend of Efik and Igbo but predominately by Efik. I speak and write Efik, Igbo and Ibibio well and as such, have noticed lots of similarities. This similarities can not be regarded as mere coincidence.

I will attempt to list some words that have same meaning in the three languages and then any one can make his/her conclusion.

1) Vulture: Efik/Ibibio- Utere while in Igbo- Udele
2) Bottle: Efik/ Ibibio- Ekpeme while in Igbo - Ekpem
3)Money: Ibibio - Okpoho while in Igbo - Ego or Okpoho
4)Plate : Efik/ Ibibio- Usan while in Igbo (Abriba)- Usan
5) Masquerade: Efik/ Ibibio - Ekpo/Ekpe while in Igbo- Ekpo/ Ekpe
6) Tropical star cherry fruit: Efik/Ibibio - Urari while in Igbo -Udara
7)Spoon : Efik/Ibibio - Ikpang While in some- Igbo Ikpang
cool Clothing: Efik/ Ibibio- ofong while in some Igbo - Ofong
9) Female: Efik / Ibibio - Nwan while in Igbo-Nnwayi
10) Drinks or wine: Efik/Ibibio - Mmin, while in Igbo - Mmie
11) Pigs : Efik/ Ibibio - Edi while in Igbo- Ezi
12) Stock fish: Efik/ Ibibio Okporoko, while in Igbo-Okporoko
13) God: Efik/Ibibio - Abasi while in Igbo (Onitsha) -Obasi
14) Rice: Efik/Ibibio - Eresi while in Igbo Orisi
15) Two: Efik/Ibibio - Iba while in Igbo Ibuo
16) Three : Efik/Ibibio - Ita while in Igbo Ito
17) Town: Efik/Ibibio - Obio while in Igbo - Obodo

There are countless more but let me stop here. Pardon some of my spelling but feel free to contest any of these.

6 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by tzoracle: 7:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
Akwa-ibom mme dakkada
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 7:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
Obiagu1:

What language do the Ogoja people speak?

Ogoja people are in the Akwacross language family. They speak a distinct language that is in the same family with Efik and Ibibio yet it is neither and it is not a dialect either.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
This op also makes sense to me.

Come here! Take this bottle of chilled orijin..

Keep the Light Shining!

Akwa Ibom Isongho!
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by spiralwedge(m): 7:37pm On Nov 02, 2015
My friend from ikom L. G. in Cross River state who speaks ofutop says she isnt efik nor ibibio.

What saith thou?
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by naijaguy77: 7:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
fratermathy:

Why cant you be sane enough to make points without attacking someone's personality? Im I an Ibibio or an Efik person? Is it now a crime to research and document tribes I love? Must you insult me?

I cant speak any of these languages and all I wrote are research based. Whether Efik, Anaang, Ibibio, Ibeno, all I know is that they are one people of same stock. If you disagree, you can troll off. If you know so much about your people why haven't you written a thread on them before now? I am showing off your people to the world and you are insulting me. Chei.

That said, my research says Efik is a DIALECT of Ibibio. If you don't agree with whatever I wrote, write a counter-thread. Dont come to my thread and insult my person. No one has a monopoly of insults.

Oga if you do not know enough about a subject, why write about it? If you do not want insults, perhaps you should refrain from passing around opinions as facts.

No one is saying that these people are not related, of course they are all related. They have a lot of things in common. You came on here and stated that some people are subsets of others, or that some languages (which by the way you do not even understand) are inferior to others. And you are talking about research? Have you ever seen a research where the sources are not cited?

You are the one who insulted not just a person, but whole ethnic groups, by placing their culture and their language as subset of an actually inferior culture or language.

Look at it this way, maybe you are igbo, imagine saying that igbo is a dialect of ikwere Language. Or that Yoruba is a dialect of Itsekiri Language. Do you not see now that you are one insulting others?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 7:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
naijaguy77:

Oga if you do not know enough about a subject, why write about it? If you do not want insults, perhaps you should refrain from passing around opinions as facts.

No one is saying that these people are not related, of course they are all related. They have a lot of things in common. You came on here and stated that some people are subsets of others, or that some languages (which by the way you do not even understand) are inferior to others. And you are talking about research? Have you ever seen a research where the sources are not cited?

You are the one who insulted not just a person, but whole ethnic groups, by placing their culture and their language as subset of an actually inferior culture or language.

Look at it this way, maybe you are igbo, imagine saying that igbo is a dialect of ikwere Language. Or that Yoruba is a dialect of Itsekiri Language. Do you not see now that you are one insulting others?

Please sire look at this Wikipedia page and see where my article was fleshed from. If you have an(y) issue, take it up with Wiki.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibibio-Efik_languages

I am not Igbo! Do not bring Igbo into this.

As far as I am concerned. Efik, Ibibio proper, Oron, Anaang, Eket, Ibeno are LINGUISTICALLY dialects of Ibibio and they form a single cluster of languages. This is an ACADEMIC fact. Atleast, I know some linguistics enough to speak categorically on this subject matter. They may be culturally or even ethnically different but they are LINGUISTICALLY of the same root as much as English and German are of the same roots. Do not come and spill bad blood unnecessarily.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by wtfCode: 7:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
igbo cousins...some of their language sounds like igbo language. Not forgetting others,eg ikwerre pple nd others
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by wtfCode: 7:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
igbo cousins...some of their language sounds like igbo language. Not forgetting others,eg ikwerre pple nd others
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by vladimiros: 7:44pm On Nov 02, 2015
naijaguy77:

What a joke.

Dude I am Ibibio, all this hate is not good nah, we might be divided by language but the culture is similar

One love brother

3 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 7:45pm On Nov 02, 2015
vladimiros:

Dude I am Ibibio, all this hate is not good nah, we might be divided by language but the culture is similar

One love brother

My guy I tire for them o. This is even my source on this article because I am not even a native speaker of any of the languages. I just love your people so much and I like writing on things and people I love. Please Mr. Naijaguy77, you need to calm the hostility. It doesnt tell well of you and your people. The world is watching. Listen, I understand your point. These tribes may be culturally and ethnically different but based on my topic which states "dialect", it means I am working with LANGUAGE. I am concerned with the LANGUAGE and as far as I am concerned, THEY ARE OF THE SAME LINGUISTIC ROOT AND STOCK. I even highlighted cultural differences in my article.

"Ibibio-Efik is a dialect cluster spoken by about 3½ million people of Akwa Ibom State and Cross River States of Nigeria, making it the sixth largest language cluster in Nigeria after Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Fulani, and Kanuri. Specifically, there are 1 million Anaang (as of 1990); possibly 1½ to 2 million Ibibio (1998, claim since retracted by Ethnologue)—Ibibio is also used as a trade language; and 400,000 Efik; Efik also has about 2 million second-language speakers.

Minor varieties, according to Williamson and Blench,[2] are 200,000 Ekit, 7,000 Efai, 20,000 Ibuoro, 5,000 Eki, 5,000 Idere, and a hundred Ukwa. These arguably constitute a single language, though Ethnologue considers them to be separate.

Forde and Jones (1950)[3] had categorized these as follows:

Ibibio proper (incl. Idere etc.): Eastern Ibibio
Annang: Western Ibibio
Efik: Riverain Ibibio
Eket (Ekit) and Oron: Southern Ibibio
Ibeno (Ibino): Delta Ibibio"
Source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibibio-Efik_languages

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Human Face In Awube Stream, Benue State (Photos) / I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) / Meet Pastor Ivie Emiko - The Wife Of New Olu Of Warri - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.