Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Saudi Actor Arrested By Religious Police For Taking Selfies With Female Fans - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Saudi Actor Arrested By Religious Police For Taking Selfies With Female Fans (732 Views)

Shocking Photos Of People Taking Selfies During Hurricane Irma / VIO Official Attacks Man For Taking Pic Of Him Fighting Road User / Nairalanders Share Your Xmas Selfies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Actor Arrested By Religious Police For Taking Selfies With Female Fans by Osu175(m): 10:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
Saudi actor arrested by religious police for taking selfies with female fans in mall.
He later appeared on TV to defend his actions

A popular actor and TV presenter has been arrested in a mall in Saudi Arabia after his appearance caused a huge commotion among young female fans.
Abdul Aziz al-Kassar, a Saudi national who lives in Kuwait, was on a working visit to Riyadh when he was mobbed by fans trying to take pictures and selfies with him.
Kassar had publicised his visit to the Al Nakheel shopping centre on Friday evening, asking his social media followers for recommendations of "the best mall to visit", Gulf News reported.
But in a TV interview at the weekend, he told the Gulf Rotana network he had not expected the "overwhelming" welcome he received from fans.
Video from the mall posted to YouTube and Twitter appears to show Kassar surrounded by women taking photos, before a man in white robes grabs him by the shirt and hauls him away.
Kassar told Gulf Rotana: "I did not expect to find so many people waiting for me. I want to clarify that the presence of young women at the mall was not something under my control.
"When I stepped in, several fans came over and surrounded me until someone came over and pulled me aside into a room that I learned was reserved for the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice inside the mall.

Saudi's 'religious police' assault Kuwaiti artist @KASSAR_KASSAR in a mall in Riyadh. # ﺷﻜﺮﺍ _ ﺭﺟﻞ _ ﺍﻟﻬﻴﻴﻪ _ ﺗﻼﻝ _ﺍﻻﺭﻗﺎﺏ pic.twitter.com/eD56DuRCdf
— ﺗﻮﺛﻴﻖ ﺟﺮﺍﺋﻢ ﺍﻟﻬﻴﺌﺔ (@HaiaWatch)
October 24, 2015

"I understood that the man who pulled me was a member of the commission and I did not resist him out of my respect for the Commission,” he added.
Kassar said he initially had his phone confiscated, and he has been released on bail pending an investigation into accusations of disturbing public order, mixing with women unrelated to him and abusing social media.
Hugely popular on social media and with acting credits across Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, Kassar has also presented a number of TV programmes. He claimed that the religious police should have warned him about the number of fans congregating and that they "did not tell me to stay away".

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-actor-arrested-video-by-religious-police-for-taking-selfies-with-female-fans-in-mall-a6710931.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCR2o0CE1k4

Re: Saudi Actor Arrested By Religious Police For Taking Selfies With Female Fans by dejavski(m): 11:04pm On Oct 29, 2015
Nawa oh angry
Re: Saudi Actor Arrested By Religious Police For Taking Selfies With Female Fans by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 30, 2015
See charges! Religious police kor, jealous police ni..

(1) (Reply)

See How Global Warming, Climate Change And GHE Affects Us All. See Photos / Can You Read It / Funny Food Combinations In Nigerian Hostels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.