Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,331 members, 7,819,135 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Have You Registered To Vote? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Registered To Vote? (1307 Views)

#how Can Apc's James Falake Be Registered To Vote In Lagos And Kogi? / Have You Registered For Your National Identity Card / Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Registered To Vote? by Bhola(f): 7:27pm On Oct 12, 2006
This is not one of my favorite forums here, but I guess, I have to say this.

Hope you all have gone to register to vote in the upcoming elections. I know, you'll say it is waste of time and that we know the way Nigeria elections are and blah blah blah. Look at it this way, once you have registered and you go out and vote, then you can be rest assured that you have done your best. Even if the results are rigged.

So, calling on all eligible youths of Nigeria, kindly go out there and register.

How I wish there is absentee voting in Nigeria. Abi there is?
Re: Have You Registered To Vote? by olaak1(m): 10:42pm On Oct 14, 2006
Bhola,
I agree with you but what about Nigerians living far away from home like you and i what do we do
Re: Have You Registered To Vote? by Bhola(f): 1:19am On Oct 15, 2006
That is why I am asking if there is absentee voting. Knowing Nigeria, there might not be anything like that.

I see a lot of peeps aint replying. I guess it is because they have all registered. If not, I hope when the "wrong" president is "crowned", they'll all not be crying. At least, they did not do anything, so they can as well be quiet and enjoy him. smiley smiley
Re: Have You Registered To Vote? by Odeku(m): 3:16am On Oct 20, 2006
your vote is powerful, a wasted vote is a wasted mind, if you are not registered then don't complain about the conditions or poverty in Nigeria, please register and make sure you vote.
Re: Have You Registered To Vote? by otokx(m): 6:48am On Oct 20, 2006
how many times will one register to vote eh? this politicians think we don't have anything doing ko? the last time I registered to vote I was a student, missed my lectures and skipped studies only to be issued a temporal green paper after spending countless hours standing. Now I am working, my employers will not permit me to leave the office for such activity so I have not and probably won't register.
Re: Have You Registered To Vote? by mazaje(m): 6:07pm On Oct 20, 2006
there is no need to go and vote .what we have in nigeria is selection not election so why go and waste ur time voting when u know that the credible candidates never win? i advice every body to relax at home and save ur self the risk of being hatched at a pollin station , i know of a guy that was killed at a polling station last time cos he went to excercise his civic responsibility, so why waste ur time and expose ur self to such danger?sleep jare and watch a movie if u can thats if NEPA allows u too
Re: Have You Registered To Vote? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 20, 2006
Who do we vote for?
Rogues, theives, bandits and looters who take the name of God in vain?
Do we vote for those who take pride in "cancelling" the will of the people due to mysterious "prevailing circumstances"?
Do our votes really count? what stops godfathers from removing our (s)elected representatives as soon as they can't get their filthy hands in the public till?
We keep registering to vote and yet 40 yrs on we are yet to reap the fruits of our votes. Are they listening to our voices at the PDP? Of what value is our vote when strange faces pervade the political landscape flaunting their stolen mandates as having come from the people! Why should we vote when those clamouring for our votes are only interested in reaping the dividends of a democracy that is not clearly for the people?

Why vote when those we need to vote for are intimidated, hounded by the EFCC or mysteriously killed by "armed robbers"? Why vote when it is the same old recycled faces who purport to hold the key to our greatness?

Who indeed do we vote for? Athiefu Abubacha? Diego Ibrahim Marangida?
Re: Have You Registered To Vote? by Odeku(m): 12:57am On Oct 21, 2006
People please quit been so pessimistic. if you don't vote then don't complain cause that is your right, your vote is your right. we all have to start from some where
Re: Have You Registered To Vote? by BigB11(m): 2:41am On Oct 21, 2006
Oh yes, registered and can't wait to vote.

The big question is when are they going to start approving the candidates?
Re: Have You Registered To Vote? by Odeku(m): 3:15am On Oct 21, 2006
After we disqualify Babangida and jail Atiku and Dariye.
Re: Have You Registered To Vote? by BigB11(m): 4:34am On Oct 21, 2006
you think so?
Re: Have You Registered To Vote? by mazaje(m): 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2006
In nigeria your vote isnt your right, how is your vote your right when u get killed for nothing because u went to vote for someone who u know will never win? when Col Ahmadu Alli and his members of People Destroy People(PDP) select who ever they wish and impose on the people how is your vote your right then? how is your vote your right when the god fathers are still there to make sure that only their candidates win at all cost?, the only way your vote will be your right is when every poor man in nigeria bouycuts the election and sits at home, so that the bastards will know that they are fooling them selves not the poor masses, them i asure u that u might see some changes. they keep on fooling us because we allow them to, if we all sit at home and don't go out to partcipate in their madness they will know that we are fed up and tired of their stupidity, but when we keep coming out, we keep encouraging them. when we sit at home they will realise that we have come of age and they will sit back and think twice. when the whole world hears that nigerians bouycotted their elections because their leaders have failed them totally then the will realise and know that they have messed up. we always talk about revolution and change lets start the revolution and change by sitting at home and allowing the fools to do their selection because u and i know that our votes doesnt count we only expose our selves to danger when we go out to vote, u stand a chance of being hit by a stray bullet or some angry rascals at the pollin station so please every body sit back at home and relax and pray that NEPA allows u to watch some movies while they are busy selecting them selves
Re: Have You Registered To Vote? by smile4kenn(m): 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2006
My vote is my right and i will do that if am in nigeria, i hope some day this youths of our time will restore the image of the one time gaint of africa,
Re: Have You Registered To Vote? by BlackMamba(m): 9:56pm On Oct 27, 2006
Why do we keep wasting public funds for elections and it's related activities when all we need and will eventually use is a returning officer to fill out the result sheet.
But if you can, please register to vote for the heck of it.
Re: Have You Registered To Vote? by mazaje(m): 11:17pm On Oct 28, 2006
election in nigeria is just a charade so pls every body sit at home and allow the theiving bastards to select them selves.

(1) (Reply)

, / Farida Waziri's Corrupt Deals / Governor Flogs Petitioner With Horse Whip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.