Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,693 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

A Counter Thread The Black Stone Is Not Worshipped By Muslims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Counter Thread The Black Stone Is Not Worshipped By Muslims (999 Views)

Prophet Jacob Mackenzie's Shoes & Feet Worshipped By Church Members / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Counter Thread The Black Stone Is Not Worshipped By Muslims by madjnr: 6:24am On Oct 30, 2015
Abdul Haleem
Christians regularly to justify their idolatrous practices - such as prayers to Mary - by claiming that Muslims "worship" the Black Stone at the Kaaba in Makkah.
Having been on hajj let me answer this based both on history and my own experiences. The Black Stone - Hajar al- Aswad - is NOT mentioned in the Quran. The Black Stone is located about five feet from the ground on the East corner of the Kaaba (this corner is known as "al-rukn al-Aswad"wink.
While there are traditions about kissing or touching the Stone, its real significance is as marker of the point at which one starts the Tawaaf (circumambulation of the Kaaba as part of hajj or omra.) Even the traditions which talk about kissing or touching the stone are VERY CLEAR that the Stone is JUST A STONE!
BUKHARI:
Volume 2, Book 26, Number 667:
Narrated 'Abis bin Rabia: Umar came near the Black Stone and kissed it and said "NO DOUBT, I KNOW THAT YOU ARE A STONE AND CAN NEITHER BENEFIT ANYONE NOR HARM ANYONE. Had I not seen Allah's Apostle kissing you I would not have kissed you."
Volume 2, Book 26, Number 675:
Narrated Zaid bin Aslam from his father who said: "Umar bin Al-Khattab addressed the Corner (Black Stone) saying, 'BY ALLAH! I KNOW THAT YOU ARE A STONE AND CAN NEITHER BENEFIT NOR HARM. Had I not seen the Prophet touching (and kissing) you, I would never have touched (and kissed) you.' Then he kissed it and said, 'There is no reason for us to do Ramal (in Tawaf) except that we wanted to show off before the pagans, and now Allah has destroyed them.' 'Umar added, '(Nevertheless), the Prophet did that and we do not want to leave it (i.e. Ramal).'"
MUSLIM:
Book 007, Number 2914:
Abdullah b. Sarjis reported: I saw the bald one, i. e. 'Umar b. Khattib (Allah be pleased with him). kissing the Stone and saying: BY ALLAH. I AM KISSING WITH FULL CONSCIOUSNESS OF THE FACT THAT YOU ARE A STONE AND THAT YOU CAN NEITHER DO ANY HARM NOR GOOD; and if I had not seen Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) kissing you. I would not have kissed you. The rest of the hadith is the same.
The Stone is not be worshipped or regarded as anything but a marker.
===============================================
At hajj time you are actually unlikely to see the Black Stone: Masjid Al-Haram is just two crowded. There is a line on the floor of the Masjid to tell you where the line of the Black Stone is. Many hajis must perform Tawaaf NOT on the Kaaba floor but on the SECOND OR THIRD STORIES of the Majid Al-Haram!
On Levels #2 and #3 there are both marks on the floor and neon lights to show you where to start and stop tawaaf.
The scholars agree that waving in the direction of the Black Stone is sufficient recognition of its location as the start and stop of Tawaaf.
In actuality, waving in direction of the Black Stone is the best you will probably do at hajj time
=================================================
The Black Stone has had an interesting history during the Islamic period. In 930 AD a ruler of Bahrain - who belonged to a branch of Ismailism known as the Karmatians - sacked Makkah and carried the Black Stone away for some 70 years until it was ransomed.
In the process, the Black Stone was cracked. It is now held together by a silver band. The fact that Islam was able to function without the Black Stone for 70 years is one of the best illustrations that it is but a marker for Tawaaf - and NOT an object of worship.
An addition by me, Osama Abdallah:
The more I engage the Islam-hating Jews and Christians and read the Bible, the more I realize how empty their trinity religion is, and how empty their attacks on Islam are. So the asteroid that was sent from space to Abraham and Ishamel to determine the location of where they were to build GOD Almighty's House in the Arabian desert (the Bible also mentioned this and prophesied it
[ 2] ) is idol worship in Islam according to them, because it is today placed in one of the Kaaba's corners to determine the starting and ending point of the 7 Circumambulation (tawaaf) around the Kaaba, which I've already shown in the links above that it is fully supported in the Bible, but somehow the following isn't considered idol worship to them using their own SILLY AND EMPTY STANDARDS.
Now again, see also the
Bible's Holy Birds
made of stone, wood and gold.
Let us look at the Bible's sacred black stones:
Genesis 28:18
When Jacob got up early the next morning, he took the rock that he had used for a pillow and stood it up for a place of worship. Then he
poured olive oil on the rock
to dedicate it to God,
So here we clearly see that the rock that Jacob, peace be upon him, used for sleeping and resting became a holy object of worship that needed to be anointed by having oil being poured on it. We further read from the Bible about holy stones that GOD Almighty supposedly forbade the believers from even edging or trimming:
Exodus 20:25
25 If you ever build an altar for me out of stones, do not use any tools to chisel the stones, because that would make the altar unfit.
Other translations of this verse:
King James Version (KJV)
25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
25 If you make an altar of stone for Me, you shall not build it of cut stones, for if you wield your tool on it, you will profane it.
Revised Standard Version (RSV)
25 And if you make me an altar of stone, you shall not build it of hewn stones; for if you wield your tool upon it you profane it.
Exodus 24:4
4 Then Moses wrote down what the Lord had said. The next morning Moses got up early. He built an altar at the foot of the mountain and set up a large stone for each of the twelve tribes of Israel.
Exodus 25:1-9
The Sacred Tent
1 The Lord said to Moses:
2 Tell everyone in Israel who wants to give gifts that they must bring them to you.
3 Here is a list of what you are to collect: Gold, silver, and bronze;
4 blue, purple, and red wool; fine linen; goat hair;
5 tanned ram skins; fine leather; acacia wood;
6 olive oil for the lamp; sweet-smelling spices to mix with the oil for dedicating the tent and ordaining the priests;
7 and onyx stones for the sacred vest and the breastpiece.
8 I also want them to build a special place where I can live among my people.
9 Make it and its furnishings exactly like the pattern I will show you.

1 Like

Re: A Counter Thread The Black Stone Is Not Worshipped By Muslims by madjnr: 6:28am On Oct 30, 2015
But as the Prophet said in the Hadith above, nothing is Holy about either the Kaaba or the Black Stone. They are not objects of worship. They are only part of Allah Almighty's House of Worship

3 Likes

Re: A Counter Thread The Black Stone Is Not Worshipped By Muslims by Phame: 6:33am On Oct 30, 2015
Muslims don't worship stone, they worship God.

3 Likes

Re: A Counter Thread The Black Stone Is Not Worshipped By Muslims by carinmom(f): 5:33pm On Oct 30, 2015
What a nice rebuttal. Jazakallah khayran @Op.

3 Likes

Re: A Counter Thread The Black Stone Is Not Worshipped By Muslims by plappville(f): 12:02am On Oct 31, 2015
Muslims bet me. This your thread will end up exposing Muhammed s (SBUH) contradictions agAin. .

You dont worship black stone you worship God Almighty yet no where in the Bible did God/Yahweh kill people who worship him at the spot.. undecided History has shown numbers of death rate in your so-called holiday site. Even your koran said it is a place of security /safty yet people go there to die undecided can't you question the koran for this contradictions ? The qoran declares that this site is the “first House” established for mankind by Abraham and Ishmael but in another verse in the Koran, Muhammad and Abraham were not even from same blood line undecided So whats the link between Muhammad and Abraham ? think of it:

Lo! the first Sanctuary (bayt) appointed for mankind was that at Becca [Mecca], a blessed place, a guidance for mankind; wherein are plain memorials (of God’s guidance); the place where Abraham stood up to pray; and whosoever enters it is safe. And pilgrimage to the House is a duty unto God for mankind, for him who can find a way there. As for him who disbelieves, (let him know that) lo! God is Independent of (all) creatures. [6]

Why are pilgrims dieing in this site? Is this not contradiction? It is supposed to be a safe place no? undecided
Re: A Counter Thread The Black Stone Is Not Worshipped By Muslims by plappville(f): 12:03am On Oct 31, 2015
Phame:
Muslims don't worship stone, they worship God.

Why is God killing them for worshiping him? undecided
Re: A Counter Thread The Black Stone Is Not Worshipped By Muslims by plappville(f): 1:23am On Oct 31, 2015
madjnr:
But as the Prophet said in the Hadith above, nothing is Holy about either the Kaaba or the Black Stone. They are not objects of worship. They are only part of Allah Almighty's House of Worship

It was recorded in the Two Sahihs that Abu Dharr said,

"I said, `O Messenger of Allah, which Masjid was the first to be built' He said,
«الْمَسْجِدُ الْحَرَام»

(Al-Masjid Al-Haram.) I said, `Then which' He said,
«بَيْتُ الْمَقْدِس»

(Bayt Al-Maqdis.) I said, `How long between them' He said,
«أَرْبَعُونَ سَنَة»

(Forty years.)'' And Allah says:
﴿إِنَّ أَوَّلَ بَيْتٍ وُضِعَ لِلنَّاسِ لَلَّذِى بِبَكَّةَ مُبَارَكاً﴾

(Verily, the first House (of worship) appointed for mankind was that at Bakkah (Makkah), full of blessing) ﴿3:96﴾ until the end of following two Ayat. Allah says:
﴿وَعَهِدْنَآ إِلَى إِبْرَهِيمَ وَإِسْمَـعِيلَ أَن طَهِّرَا بَيْتِىَ لِلطَّآئِفِينَ وَالْعَـكِفِينَ وَالرُّكَّعِ السُّجُودِ﴾
So who did allah says built the first House of Worship and when was it built?

(and We commanded Ibrahim and Isma`il that they should purify My House for those who are circumambulating it, or staying (I`tikaf), or bowing or prostrating themselves.) ﴿2:125﴾ And Allah says here:
﴿أَن لاَّ تُشْرِكْ بِى شَيْئاً﴾

OK Allah later commanded Abraham and Ishmael to go and purify the house. I see.

(Associate not anything with Me,) meaning, `Build it in My Name Alone.'
﴿وَطَهِّرْ بَيْتِىَ﴾

(and sanctify My House) Qatadah and Mujahid said, "And purify it from Shirk.
﴿لِلطَّآئِفِينَ وَالْقَآئِمِينَ وَالرُّكَّعِ السُّجُودِ﴾

(for those who circumambulate it, and those who stand up, and those who bow, and make prostration (in prayer)) means, `and make it purely for those who worship Allah Alone, with no partner or associate.' What is meant by "those who circumambulate it'' is obvious, since this is an act of worship that is done only at the Ka`bah and not at any other spot on earth.
﴿وَالْقَآئِمِينَ﴾

(and those who stand up) means, in prayer. Allah says:
﴿وَالرُّكَّعِ السُّجُودِ﴾

(and those who bow, and make prostration.)
Tawaf and prayer are mentioned together because they are not prescribed together anywhere except in relation to the House. Tawaf is done around the Ka`bah and prayer is offered facing its direction in the majority of cases, with a few exceptions, such as when one is uncertain of the direction of the Qiblah, during battle and when praying optional prayers while traveling. And Allah knows best.
﴿وَأَذِّن فِى النَّاسِ بِالْحَجِّ﴾

I see, allahh knows best yet there are few exceptions, when one is uncertain of the direction of the Qiblah grin

(And proclaim to mankind the Hajj) meaning, `announce the pilgrimage to mankind and call them to perform pilgrimage to this House which We have commanded you to build.' It was said that Ibrahim said: "O Lord, how can I convey this to people when my voice will not reach them'' It was said: "Call them and We will convey it.'' So Ibrahim stood up and said, "O mankind! Your Lord has established a House so come on pilgrimage to it.'' It is said that the mountains lowered themselves so that his voice would reach all the regions of the earth, and those who were still in their mothers' wombs and their fathers' loins would hear the call. ((OMG.... shocked))The response came from everyone in the cities, deserts and countryside, and those whom Allah has decreed will make the pilgrimage, until the Day of Resurrection: "At Your service, O Allah, at Your service.'' This is a summary of the narrations from Ibn `Abbas, Mujahid, `Ikrimah, Sa`id bin Jubayr and others among the Salaf. And Allah knows best. This was recorded by Ibn Jarir and by Ibn Abi Hatim at length.
﴿يَأْتُوكَ رِجَالاً وَعَلَى كُلِّ ضَامِرٍ﴾

So allah is this powerful to make mountains lower themselves, make unborn babies hear Abraham voice in thier mothers womb and in thier fathers loins? shocked yet allah could not sustain the lives of this same people he called to come and worship him in this holy house? undecided

(They will come to you on foot and on every lean camel,) This Ayah was used as evidence by those scholars whose view is that Hajj performed on foot by those who are able, is better than Hajj performed riding, because the phrase "on foot'' is mentioned first, and because it is an indication of their keenness and resolve. Waki` narrated from Abu Al-`Umays from Abu Halhalah from Muhammad bin Ka`b that Ibn `Abbas said, "I do not regret anything except for the fact that I wish I had performed Hajj on foot, because Allah says,
﴿يَأْتُوكَ رِجَالاً﴾

(They will come to you on foot).'' But the majority are of the view that performing Hajj while riding is better, following the example of the Messenger of Allah , because he performed Hajj riding, although his physical ability was sound.
﴿يَأْتِينَ مِن كُلِّ فَجٍّ﴾
Why should Muhammad disobey Allah here? He refused to follow Allah s instructions. .. undecided

(they will come from every Fajj) means every route, as Allah says:
﴿وَجَعَلْنَا فِيهَا فِجَاجاً سُبُلاً﴾
Of course so such brainwashing is needed to rich a country like Saudi. They don't only gain money from this but also they kill the brainwashed fellows who refused to question the koran.

(and We placed therein Fijaj for them to pass) ﴿21:31﴾.
﴿عَميِقٍ﴾

(`Amiq) means dis- tant. This was the view of Mujahid, `Ata', As-Suddi, Qatadah, Muqatil bin Hayan, Ath-Thawri and others. This Ayah is like the Ayah in which Allah tells us how Ibrahim prayed for his family,
﴿فَاجْعَلْ أَفْئِدَةً مَّنَ النَّاسِ تَهْوِى إِلَيْهِمْ﴾

(So fill some hearts among men with love towards them) ﴿14:37﴾. There is no one among the Muslims who does not long to see the Ka`bah and perform Tawaf, people come to this spot from every corner of the world.
﴿لِّيَشْهَدُواْ مَنَـفِعَ لَهُمْ وَيَذْكُرُواْ اسْمَ اللَّهِ فِى أَيَّامٍ مَّعْلُومَـتٍ عَلَى مَا رَزَقَهُمْ مِّن بَهِيمَةِ الاٌّنْعَامِ فَكُلُواْ مِنْهَا وَأَطْعِمُواْ الْبَآئِسَ الْفَقِيرَ - ثُمَّ لْيَقْضُواْ تَفَثَهُمْ وَلْيُوفُواْ نُذُورَهُمْ وَلْيَطَّوَّفُواْ بِالْبَيْتِ الْعَتِيقِ ﴾

(28. That they may witness things that are of benefit to them, ((OMG so its a benefit to die worshiping Allah shocked?)) mention the Name of Allah on appointed days, over the beast of cattle that He has provided for them. Then eat thereof and feed therewith the poor having a hard time.) (29. Then let them complete their prescribed duties and perform their vows, and circumambulate the `Atiq House.)

Its quit unfortunate we see opposite of all Allah said here. Pilgrims die in Mecca. These promises were never effective. Prove me wrong muslims. undecided
Re: A Counter Thread The Black Stone Is Not Worshipped By Muslims by malvisguy212: 8:36am On Oct 31, 2015
madjnr:
Umar bin Al-Khattab is a pagan before he convert to islam.

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26,
Number 675:
Narrated by Zaid bin Aslam: From his
father who said: “Umar bin Al-Khattab
addressed the Corner ( Black Stone)
saying, ‘By Allah! I know that you
are a stone and can neither benefit
nor harm. Had I not seen the
Prophet touching (and kissing) you,
I would never have touched (and
kissed) you.’ Then he kissed it.”

This is a very revealing statement coming from one who used to be a pagan. Umar’s conversion to monotheism was so absolute that he was able to make the above observation while his Prophet was actually venerating a pagan idol. The reason behind Umar’s reluctance in kissing the Black Stone is that the pagan Arabs also performed this same ritual. However, Umar venerated his Prophet and this eventually led him to venerate the pagan idol. Ultimately, he ended up
venerating the Black Stone, Muhammad
and Allah.

Though Muslims deny that the Black Stone is an idol and insist that their
prayers are directed to Allah alone, in
practice however, the Black Stone is
treated with the same reverence that
pagans show to their idols. Islam’s denial of its idolatrous worship of the Black Stone can be likened to a man who pleads innocence for his adulterous act by saying that he had only his wife on his mind while performing the il*licit se*xual act. The justification for the veneration of a dead stone,especially to the extent of bowing down and kissing it,can only be identified with a primitive pagan idolatry practice than with the true spirit of monotheistic worship.
Re: A Counter Thread The Black Stone Is Not Worshipped By Muslims by plappville(f): 9:24am On Oct 31, 2015
My broda, so much is hidden in Islam. NL has really helped in revealing the "black cat"
Re: A Counter Thread The Black Stone Is Not Worshipped By Muslims by madjnr: 10:31am On Oct 31, 2015
plappville:
Muslims bet me. This your thread will end up exposing Muhammed s (SBUH) contradictions agAin. .

You dont worship black stone you worship God Almighty yet no where in the Bible did God/Yahweh kill people who worship him at the spot.. undecided History has shown numbers of death rate in your so-called holiday site. Even your koran said it is a place of security /safty yet people go there to die undecided can't you question the koran for this contradictions ? The qoran declares that this site is the “first House” established for mankind by Abraham and Ishmael but in another verse in the Koran, Muhammad and Abraham were not even from same blood line undecided So whats the link between Muhammad and Abraham ? think of it:

Lo! the first Sanctuary (bayt) appointed for mankind was that at Becca [Mecca], a blessed place, a guidance for mankind; wherein are plain memorials (of God’s guidance); the place where Abraham stood up to pray; and whosoever enters it is safe. And pilgrimage to the House is a duty unto God for mankind, for him who can find a way there. As for him who disbelieves, (let him know that) lo! God is Independent of (all) creatures. [6]

Why are pilgrims dieing in this site? Is this not contradiction? It is supposed to be a safe place no? undecided
Sometimes I think you have an IQ of a stone... Cos there's no contradiction there... How does being safe translates to immortality ?are you retarded

3 Likes

Re: A Counter Thread The Black Stone Is Not Worshipped By Muslims by plappville(f): 6:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
madjnr:

Sometimes I think you have an IQ of a stone...

You that have not an IQ of a stone, how can a stone have IQ ? A stone is an object. Abok.i na waoh for you oo.. grin

Cos there's no contradiction there... How does being safe translates to immortality ?are you retarded

Your coran said its a Safe plcae. Now lets see what Safe means. SAFE is "Something or someone good"
How does the death of the pilgrims not contradicts the coran's claim ?  If tragic happens there almost each Hajj, then it's not a safe place as the coran claimed. undecided

Again, according to Allah:

"And (remember) when We made the House (Ka'bah at Mecca) a place of resort to mankind and a place of safety. And take you (people) the maqam(place) of Abraham(or the stone on which Abraham stood while he was building the Ka'abah) as a place of prayer". (Al-Baqarah:125).

At the bold. Has Allah not lied? How safe is Mecca?
Lets see what SAFTY MEANS:

Safety is the condition of avoiding causing or feeling hurt, injury or loss. An example of such a meaning would be “I feel safe around him”, meaning that a person feels like she is avoiding feeling hurt or getting injured when another person is being present, who provides that feeling of protection. the pilgrims that died never felt safe. If not they wouldnt have died in such a manner and in a so-called holy festival. Think of it... undecided

1 Like

Re: A Counter Thread The Black Stone Is Not Worshipped By Muslims by Annunaki(m): 7:42am On Nov 03, 2015
plappville:

You that have not an IQ of a stone, how can a stone have IQ ? A stone is an object. Abok.i na waoh for you oo.. grin

You can't blame him for rethinking stones have intelligence since his religion compels him to worship a black stone.
Re: A Counter Thread The Black Stone Is Not Worshipped By Muslims by tartar9(m): 8:16am On Nov 03, 2015
plappville:

Your coran said its a Safe plcae. Now lets see what Safe means. SAFE is "Something or someone good"
How does the death of the pilgrims not contradicts the coran's claim ?  If tragic happens there almost each Hajj, then it's not a safe place as the coran claimed. undecided

Again, according to Allah:

"And (remember) when We made the House (Ka'bah at Mecca) a place of resort to mankind and a place of safety. And take you (people) the maqam(place) of Abraham(or the stone on which Abraham stood while he was building the Ka'abah) as a place of prayer". (Al-Baqarah:125).

At the bold. Has Allah not lied? How safe is Mecca?
Lets see what SAFTY MEANS:

Safety is the condition of avoiding causing or feeling hurt, injury or loss. An example of such a meaning would be “I feel safe around him”, meaning that a person feels like she is avoiding feeling hurt or getting injured when another person is being present, who provides that feeling of protection. the pilgrims that died never felt safe. If not they wouldnt have died in such a manner and in a so-called holy festival. Think of it... undecided
you've proved yourself to be a complete dunce!

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13/01/16 / Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! / Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat Of Nigeria Is Celebrating 100 Years Existence In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.