Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! (1001 Views)

If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died / How Jesus Died For Our Sins : The Road To Easter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! by sinkhole: 5:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
Where exactly was Jesus in those three days? Please back up answer with Bible verses, thanks in anticipation of sensible answers!
Re: Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! by MightySparrow: 5:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! by lomprico(m): 6:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
MightySparrow:
1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
Does that mean hope/salvation for the dead?
Re: Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! by sinkhole: 8:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
MightySparrow:
So Peter told us that Jesus was busy preaching to the "spirits in prison" for those three days, but did Jesus said he did that for those three days?
Re: Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! by MightySparrow: 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2016
sinkhole:
So Peter told us that Jesus was busy preaching to the "spirits in prison" for those three days, but did Jesus said he did that for those three days?

John 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Re: Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! by MightySparrow: 10:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
lomprico:

Does that mean hope/salvation for the dead?

Ephesians 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Mark 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? 12:26 And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.
Re: Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! by sinkhole: 5:18am On Feb 02, 2016
MightySparrow:

John 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
"Luke 23:43, And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shall thou be with me in paradise"
If Jesus said he will be in paradise immediately after his death, who is Peter to say Jesus was somewhere else, does Peter's word not amount to twisting the Master's word?
Re: Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! by MightySparrow: 10:52am On Feb 02, 2016
sinkhole:
"Luke 23:43, And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shall thou be with me in paradise"
If Jesus said he will be in paradise immediately after his death, who is Peter to say Jesus was somewhere else, does Peter's word not amount to twisting the Master's word?

. This thief was already saved and was promised paradise. while in the flesh and did not need any more preaching over there. Peter has not contradicted the Master's word. AT death we are told that the only assignment Jesus underwent. is mission to the spirit alone.
Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever,.........
Re: Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! by sinkhole: 11:03am On Feb 02, 2016
MightySparrow:

. This thief was already saved and was promised paradise. while in the flesh and did not need any more preaching over there. Peter has not contradicted the Master's word. AT death we are told that the only assignment Jesus underwent. is mission to the spirit alone.
Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever,.........
I hear but I am not convinced! Why must Jesus preach or go on a mission to the spirit world, the dark spirit world o, when we have been told that you can only die once and after that judgement?
And please Sir, forget about the thief and focus on Jesus statement!
Re: Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! by dolphinheart(m): 6:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
@ mighty sparrow 1. Who are the spirits that jesus went to preach to? 2. Do spirits go to hell(support ur answer with scripture)? 3. What was the purpose of the preaching, to save those who where in hell?
Re: Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! by dolphinheart(m): 6:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
@ mighty sparrow 1. Who are the spirits that jesus went to preach to? 2. Do spirits go to hell(support ur answer with scripture)? 3. What was the purpose of the preaching, to save those who where in hell?
Re: Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! by sinkhole: 9:35am On Dec 31, 2016
And since then we did not hear from mightysparrow again shocked
Re: Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! by otemanuduno: 12:02am On Jan 01, 2017
sinkhole:
Where exactly was Jesus in those three days? Please back up answer with Bible verses, thanks in anticipation of sensible answers!
Yeshua of the Neanderthal period pretended to be dead on the pole where he was tied for the crime of robbery. And Yosep came to take his body and kept it in the cave. And Yeshua remained there for three days and departed after.

DOCTUFOS:
Batimeus 26: 1-49
1. Now when the twelfth hour had come, the executioners came and began to push their spears through the bodies of the thieves. But when they came towards Yeshu, Yosep and one of the Farhesis said, are you blind so that you cannot see?
2. Do you not know that it is against the culture of our land to push spears through the body of the dead? And the executioner said, is he dead already?
3. And they said, yes he has died for about six hours already. For we think that he was poisoned. Now leave him on the pole until we shall move the bodies of them all.
4. So the executioner spared the other two thieves and broke their legs with heavy mattocks until they had died. And Yosep went to Peleta, saying, let me take the body of this Bar-Rabas and bury it, for I know that he is a great man deserving honour in his burial.
5. And Peleta said, I will honour you with this because you are a honest man. Now take him and bury him. And I shall give you two guards who shall watch over his tomb to see that the homos of Juda and his followers do not come to take his body away, so that they shall make a relic of it and make much money, telling the people that they shall be healed when they see the body part of the dead.
6. For the same did the homos of Syria to Eliash and many other dead people of the past.
7. So Peleta sent two guards to watch over the place where Yeshu shall be kept, which was a cave.
8. Now it came to pass, that I departed when Yeshu had been kept in the grave with some food which he shall eat. And I went to meet the other disciples who did not leave the house of Iskariot.
9. Now came Iskariot on the second day and he said, I have gone about now since yesterday, seeking a land to purchase. And one named Nashob has agreed to sell his field for me. Now I shall make payment to him tomorrow morning.
10. So Iskariot did as he said early the next day and all the disciples went to the field with him, but I departed from them to the cave where Yeshu was kept. For I was eager to see him when he shall leave the cave.
11. And Yosep came with five other disciples from the outside and the guards who watched over the cave saw us and drew out their swords. But we overpowered them and chased them both away.
12. Now we took Yeshu out and rolled the long white linen off his body and he said, you have done very well O Yosep. Now I shall depart from here and go to Galil to await the coming of my other disciples. For I have some things to tell them.
13. So Yeshu began to go quickly. And Yosep said, I know that Maria, the mother of Yeshu and Salom and Matta shall arrive here soon. For they have been visiting this place since the day we kept Yeshu here.
14. And the guards have not allowed them access to see Yeshu all the while. Now I shall roll this cloth around myself and I shall appear to them like an angel. And I shall tell them what they shall do.
15. So we rolled the white cloth on the body of Yosep and he sat upon the stone at the mouth of the cave. And we all went to hide when we saw them approaching, leaving only Yosep at the cave.
16. Now when the four women had come to the mouth of the cave, Yosep appeared to them and said, whom do you seek? And they trembled for fear, for they thought that they had seen the ghost of Yeshu.
17. And they said, we seek after Yeshu, whom they call Krista. For he was buried here.
18. And Yosep said, Yeshu had risen from the dead and he has departed to Galil to wait for his disciples. So now, go and tell them to meet Yeshu at the mountain of Galil where Yeshu preached upon in those days.
19. And they asked, saying, who are you? And he said, I am the angel sent by god to take Yeshu out of the grave. And he is now alive.
20. Now when they departed, we returned to the cave. And I began to follow after the women, saying, I shall see Yeshu also. For I have need of him. Now Yeshu, having seen us approaching, did come to us and said, I have seen you and I have waited for you.
21. And Maria the mother of Yeshu kissed him and Maria the sister of Matta did likewise. And Yeshu said, O Maria, I shall return to marry you.
22. And he said to me, O Bar-tolomeus, now go and tell your fellows that I await them in Galil. For from that place shall I depart to Egypt and wait there until I shall return with thousands of the homos of my father to avenge my death upon Juda.
23. Now when I returned to the field where the disciples went, I found that they had hanged Iskariot and his family already. And I cried angrily at them, saying, why have you done this evil? Why did you kill Iskariot?
24. And they asked, saying, what has come over you, O Batimeus? Did you not know that this Iskariot made the government to kill our god Yeshu? And I said, keep quiet all of you! For Yeshu is not dead, for he has risen.
25. And he is now in Galil, waiting that you shall come and meet him. But you have gone ahead to kill Iskariot because he betrayed Yeshu. Now that Yeshu has risen from the dead, what meaning does it have for Iskariot to die at all?
26. Now they laughed at me and said that I was mad, but Jonas knew that I said the truth. Now when they did not go to Galil, Yeshu came to Maria where she was grinding at the mill and said to her, go and tell my disciples to come to me. For I have waited a whole day for them, but none of them showed up.
27. So Maria went to tell them, but they did not believe her, saying, all the homos of Juda said that they saw when the body of Yeshu was kept inside the cave to rest. How then shall he rise again from the dead?
28. So Petra went to seek after Yeshua but found the cave empty. And he believed, saying, now shall I go to Galil to meet Yeshu. And he went to Galil, but Yeshu was no more there.
29. Now while Maria was speaking with the other disciples, Gishon and Dara, two of his disciples from outside, came to them and said, we have seen Yeshu. And he did charge us to come to you and rebuke you for your unbelief. For he has risen indeed.
30. And they asked, how did you know that it was Yeshu you saw and not someone else. And they said, he spoke with that voice which was heavy. And he taught us from the beginning of the books even to the end of it.
31. And he performed a magic before us as his manner was.
32. Now while they spoke, Petra came and said, indeed Yeshu has risen, for the cave is now empty.
33. So they believed. Now Yeshu came to us and said, now I have come to you again. And he said, where is Iskariot? And Petra said, we have hanged him. And by now his body should be stinking.
34. And Yeshu said, that is good for him. For it is better that he had never been born at all. For his soul shall descend into the hell of my father and forever shall he burn in that fire which shall never be quenched.
35. And Yeshua said, where is Didimus? And we said, he has gone to the village to see his parents. And Yeshu said, how shall he believe that I rose from the dead if he does not see me?
36. For I know that he shall be a hindrance to this gospel which you shall spread throughout all Juda and throughout Hittite and Egypt and even to Salam and Ethiopia. For I know that Didimus shall not accept to go with you to say that I rose from the dead.
37. Now Yeshu said, let me remain with you until the day when Didimus shall come. Now when Didimus came, we said to him, Yeshu came.
38. And he said, why do you keep on lying for Yeshu? For I have determined to stop lying for him since the day of his death. And today shall I depart this place. Now while we spoke, Yeshu raised his head, for he sat among us before, covering his head with a veil.
39. And Didimus was surprised, not knowing whether Yeshu appeared supernaturally in the room or he had been there before.
40. And Yeshu said, now the door was shut and I appear here. Shall you not believe me as he who died and rose again? For they said that you did say that you shall not believe me except you see the holes which I drilled in my palms in the days when I made the blood covenants with you.
41. And Didimus looked and saw the holes in the hands of Yeshu. And he said, indeed you are the lord god. And he bowed his head before Yeshu to worship him.
42. And Yeshu said, I shall humiliate you with many proofs. And he sat and performed many magic before Didimus. And he took fire into his mouth and poured in oil. And he spat the fire out and it burnt upon the table.
43. And he twisted his body and said, bring me a little vessel. And they brought a little vessel before him. And he entered inside the vessel, which even would be difficult to put a newborn baby in perfectly.
44. And Yeshu said, look at my head earnestly. And we fastened our eyes at the head of Yeshu while he stretched his hand far away from us. And we did not focus on his hand but on his head. And Yeshu used his second hand to feign as if he did put a stone inside his mouth.
45. And Yeshu said, now look at my abdomen. And when we brought our head low to look at his abdomen, a stone dropped as if it was from his bowel. And we said, indeed the stone which Yeshu did swallow had passed through his intestine to his bowel and had come out of his body.
46. Now Yeshu took all the books which he kept in his room. And I was sad because I did ask him for some, but he said, not now O Bar-tolomeu until the time of my return. For first I shall go to Egypt and from there shall I go to my father in heaven.
47. And Yeshu departed, promising to return to take us to the paradise. For he said that he did go and build mansions for us. And he said that he would come to us ten years after, first to take us to the paradise and then come again with us and many homos who had died to fight the Romans and the Greeks and all the Farhesis who condemned him.
48. And Yeshu departed and we followed him to the mountain of Galil. And we looked at him as he climbed the mountain until he was no more in sight to us. For the cloud upon the top of the mountain had covered him up.
49. And the secret concerning the things which happened when he was on the pole was known to only I and Jonas and the few homos who were his disciples from the outside. And we made covenants together to keep the secret to ourselves.
Re: Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! by MightySparrow: 1:47am On May 01, 2017
sinkhole:
And since then we did not hear from mightysparrow again shocked

Back from holiday.

(1) (Reply)

May Peace And Blessing Of Almighty Allahu Be Upon You. / Catholic Church Ordained Two Priests After 15, 19 Years Of Deaconhood / Theist Intelligent Creation Or Atheist Spontaneous Universe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.