Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

=n=100 Billion Naira Fund For The Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / =n=100 Billion Naira Fund For The Police (1267 Views)

Oshiomhole Visits IGP, Arase At The Police Headquarters, Abuja (photos) / 100 Billion Barrels Of Crude Oil Discovered Near Gatwick, UK. / Ogun State Approves 100 Billion Naira Bond And Suspends Speaker! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

=n=100 Billion Naira Fund For The Police by rhamz: 7:42pm On Oct 12, 2006
There is dis campaign about lunching the police =N=100 Billion naira equipment fund in Nov 2,2006. The fund has not been raised but the Inspector General of police has already given a shopping list of =N=350 Billion naira to the commitee as a safe-our-soul distress call.I dnt if much money is required 2 buy ammunition,bulletproff vests,cars and maybe 2 stop them frm collecting 20 bucks frm our roads.Is dis not another format to pack more money for our IG's retirement?
Re: =n=100 Billion Naira Fund For The Police by Odeku(m): 8:37pm On Oct 12, 2006
That is the most ridiculous and stupid comment I've ever read in my life, when high profile people are kill in Nigeria like Funsho William, every one screaming get the killer, get the killer, can you be a bus fermer with out tools?
have you ever been to the police station in other western country and see what equipment they have? Nigeria police don't even have raider detector, no good cars and no ammunition.  we want a perfect police force but we are not ready to provide this people with the equipment and tool they need to be effective? we might as well send them to there grave. Can a police man with flash light stop a bullet?
police in Nigeria are using files to record criminal data.  We don't even have a centralized database to link criminal record.  How much do you think such a platform will cost? nonnonsensee we have Ministers, Vp and governors stealing billions but we can not provide adequate euiequipment to secure the ordinary traders life.
Re: =n=100 Billion Naira Fund For The Police by ONOVO(m): 10:22pm On Oct 12, 2006
Odeku,

Please let us be constructive in criticizing the comments or views of anyone irrespective of your level of understanding/education, insulting people via this medium is uncalled for, just make your point clear that all.

Regards, ONOVO
Re: =n=100 Billion Naira Fund For The Police by Odeku(m): 10:40pm On Oct 12, 2006
ONOVO I want trying to be insulting, I just made a clear point. its sad that people have a slogan for police in Nigeria, some of this people are living in poverty. some of this people are making 8000 Naira take home. how many people can you feed with that salary?
Re: =n=100 Billion Naira Fund For The Police by rhamz: 7:35pm On Oct 13, 2006
Odeku

Dont get me wrong i am not opposing d raising of d fund,i am only worried about where d funds generated will go to.we ave had d likes of d former IG (Tafa Balogun) who we learnt deviated alot of police funds for his private use(or u ain't aware?).i knw hw security is very important to every individual.i will love d situation where d funds raised will not be given to d police themselves but in d procurement of whatever is needed to make them very effective.
Re: =n=100 Billion Naira Fund For The Police by Odeku(m): 9:07pm On Oct 13, 2006
rhamz , with the current measures the current IG has in place the funds will be manage by the police service commision. that is a separate entity that is responsible for amenities and discipline of police officers.
Re: =n=100 Billion Naira Fund For The Police by stanech: 7:31am On Oct 14, 2006
Make them give the money to the police IG If he be wise man im no go touch am because he go be like him brother Tafa Balogun
Re: =n=100 Billion Naira Fund For The Police by rhamz: 1:45pm On Oct 15, 2006
so help them God!
Re: =n=100 Billion Naira Fund For The Police by Odeku(m): 3:44pm On Nov 01, 2006

(1) (Reply)

Africa Spends $300bn On Wars / The New Face Of Imo: Owerri Is Dirty Again / Sallah Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.