Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) (1272 Views)

PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch / Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu / Pdp Thrashing Acn In Lagos, Its All Over For Ribadu And Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by Jarus(m): 9:04am On Sep 22, 2010
All supporters of Ribadu are invited here to come here and discuss strategies on actualizing the dislodgment of PDP in 2011, and how we can go beyond online talk and contribute our quota to a Ribadu presidency.

Let's analyse issues here and map out strategy.

We can do it.

NB: Before I'm reminded that I'm the moderator and expected to be neutral, let me state that there is nothing that says a Mod should be neutral in political debates. I'm doing this in my personal capacity as a forum member, not as a Mod. I am entitled to my personal opinions. What is prohibited is using Mod privilege to support a candidate like stickying this topic, using PM to campaign, unjustly frustrating threads on other candidates etc, which I promise I will never do. So supporters of other aspirants are also allowed to come together and mobilize for their candidates.
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by Jarus(m): 9:20am On Sep 22, 2010
In 1999, although I rooted for Olu Falae, but I did not vote because I was under-age then. In 2003, I did not vote because it was obviously a one-horse race for Obj. In 2007, I did not vote although I acknowledged Yar'adua was the best of the lot.

Unlike 2003 and 2007, it doesn't look like a one-horse race and I believe efforts should be worthwhile this time around, that is why I'm coming out to, for the first time in my life, campaign for a candidate.

The following are the reasons I believe dislodging PDP is doable this time around:

•-We expect INEC leadership to conduct what should be close to free and fair election this time around, rigging should be minimal
•-GEJ doesn't appear to have the liver of Obj to militarize the whole process and crush opposition
•-PDP doesn't have a formidable presidential candidate - GEJ, IBB, Atiku?
•-Obj, their strongest man, even if still powerful, cannot be as influential as he was while in power.
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by Jarus(m): 9:39am On Sep 22, 2010
From the situation of things in the country now, let me analyse the candidates by voting blocs and patterns:

NORTHERN ELITE AND POLITICIANS: Ribadu doesn't appear to have strong support here. They are shared majorly between IBB and GEJ. If GEJ should get the ticket, which is very likely, I don't see the IBB, Atiku, Gusau and Saraki supporters backing GEJ. This means the votes/support among these northern power brokers will be divided. Of the lot, only IBB may go ahead and contest on another platform. Atiku, Gusau and Saraki may back out, but most likely will not support Ribadu.

NORTHERN MASSES: Buhari has it here, especially in the core North. In the middle belt, GEJ and IBB are also popular. Unfortunately, Ribadu is also not popular here.

SOUTHWEST - ELITE AND POLITICIANS: GEJ has a string base here too, but Ribadu will give them a run for their money.

SOUTH-WEST - MASSES: This is between Ribadu and GEJ too.

SOUTH-SOUTH:: This is GEJ's territory

SOUTH-EAST
: IBB and GEJ are making in-roads here too, especially among the politicians.
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by Jarus(m): 9:52am On Sep 22, 2010
BANANA PEEL FOR PDP
The good news for us supporters of Ribadu is that IBB is giving GEJ a good fight, and if Saraki, Atiku and GEJ, step down for him, and he eventually clinches PDP ticket, celebration can begin. GEJ is a better sell among the general voters than IBB.

Let's consider this as final scenario:
PDP - IBB
AC - Ribadu
CPC - Buhari

Under this scenario:
North will be divided between the three, with Buhari likely to pick the highest votes and IBB coming second, and Ribadu third
South West: Ribadu likely first, IBB second and Buhari third
East: Ribadu and IBB has equal chance of pulling majority votes here, and Buhari third, or even another unpopular candidate may come before Buhari, as he is quite unpopular here.

It may end a close call, but Ribadu has a great chance under this scenario.

This is the best scenario for Ribadu. Let's hope PDP make the mistake of fielding IBB.
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by Jarus(m): 9:59am On Sep 22, 2010
Scenario 2:
PDP - GEJ
CPC - Buhari
ANPP - IBB (IBB will surely contest on another platform, even if he loses PDP primary)
AC - Ribadu

GEJ will stand a great chance undre this scenario. North will be shared almost equally between Buhari, IBB and GEJ, South West between GEJ and Ribadu, and South South a walk-over for GEJ, and South East, GEJ is mostly likely to cop majority with IBB also pulling some votes. Ribadu may perform here too.

If this is the eventual scenario, then except Ribadu and Buhari can come together, it will be difficult to defeat GEJ.
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by PeeDaVinci: 10:02am On Sep 22, 2010
situation is that Ribadu will definitely need to align with some former enemies to make a headway, not the very staunch enemies though.

and everything depends on the outcome of the PDP primaries.

if GEJ wins the primaries, all Ribadu needs is the support from ANPP, CPC (buhari), disgruntled members of PDP and ACN to give GEJ a run for his money/power. Note that IBB is not in the equation,

If IBB wins PDP primaries, it is going to be difficult for ribadu though, but he will sure have the support of OBJ, GEJ, Buhari too to to give IBB a run for his stupidity.
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by Gbawe: 10:18am On Sep 22, 2010
Jarus, Ribadu can do it. What we are all discounting is the massive discontent with the PDP that is common accross the entire Nigeria. If you have noticed, I never speak for other region , other than my own , unless I am speaking based on fact . Jonathan cannot win in the SW region. When campaigning begins , and Ribadu visits the region, this will become very obvious. We saw the folks of Ekiti resist the PDP vehemently. The callous party of thugs and killers had no choice but to use the NPF partisanly to scuttle the desire of the Ekiti electorate. Votes were collated in a Police Station without the presence of the full complement of officials that would ensure fairness !!!

One thing some supporters of the opponent of Jonathan have displayed is an eagerness to surrender to the PDP behemoth . They capitulate easily because they see the coerced and bullied crowd of Jonathan that does not , in reality, include those who have nothing to gain from a Jonathan victory other than a better Nigeria. We forget that all those behind Jonathan are the same folks we must get rid of if Nigeria must make progress !! What progress does Alao Akala represent ? We see a few things and we conclude "it is not looking good for Ribadu" or that "no one can dislodge the PDP". We must all stay the course for the sake of rescuing Nigeria. Make no mistakes that the ACN and Ribadu are planning a campaign that will highlight how keeping the PDP in power , wether through jonathan or IBB, will assure Nigeria's under-development for another 4-8 years.

In the SW region , for example, it will not be difficult to show the average Yoruba man that if Jonathan wins then Oni stays, Oyinlola stays , Alao Akala stays and Daniel gets to replace himself with a like-for-like stooge. Whatever GEJ or IBB do at the centre will be undermined by the local thugs who actually Govern the States .That arguement can then be supported with how the ACN , in Fashola, has produced the best performer in the SW region and indeed Nigeria.

Jonathan  , in free and fair election, stands no chance of winning in the SW region. Anyone saying otherwise is simply endorsing rigging . I will talk about other regions when I know Ribadu's running mate but I think you are ascribing far too much genuine popularity to GEJ. A day is a long time in politics .
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by Gbawe: 10:27am On Sep 22, 2010
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=10202

President Jonathan, Beware!

This clarion call on Mr. Goodluck to beware of marauders surrounding him is premised on our recent past experience in Ekiti State re-run election between the Action Congress (AC), now Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) gubernatorial candidate, Dr Kayode Fayemi and Engr Segun Oni of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the year 2009.

It would be too early to forget that Mr. Goodluck was the chairman of Segun Oni’s campaign team and that the statement credited to him (Goodluck), which he did not refute throughout the period, was that Segun Oni won the election before voting took place at all. “The PDP candidate, Engr Segun Oni has won this election, and what we are doing today is just for formality sake ——”. Mr. Goodluck roared on the podium in Ado-Ekiti. “Peee Dee Pee!!”. Mr. Goodluck concluded and that was followed by a thunderous. “Power!!” from the crowd.

In the company of Mr. Goodluck that fateful day were sons/daughters of Sceva, which included Serubawon of Osun State, whose only duty in the state has been to constitute nuisance with his long cap, the dare-devil Omi-yaa, omi-yuu also of Osun State, whose only stock-in-trade in the senate is to acquire illegal wealth from abandoned projects, the killer or is it killah of Ekiti State, the Chief Priest of Ogun shrine, where top politicians swear to an oath naked, I mean Mr. Daniel himself and other notorious armed ballot boxes snatchers too many to mention.

The roaring of Lion Goodluck in Ekiti State that fateful day destroyed all forms of political normalcy and actually uprooted and set ablaze the democratic tree, which is being nurtured by all and sundry or do we say that has been nurtured by all patriots in Nigeria soon after the roaring of Lion Goodluck, INEC Commissioner in Ekiti State, Mrs. Ayoka Adebayo, a,k.a. “My Conscience” fell flat and her religion which gave her the conscience could not uphold her any longer. “If you are aggrieved after the declaration of the result, you can go to court” she managed to voice out, in a tension-soaked hall. Fortunately or otherwise, Madam Conscience is now in the neighbouring State of Ondo State, probably to increase the tribunal cases by declaring fake and forged results again. It is probably on record that the judiciary also had and probably is still having their own share of ‘goodluck’ as it would be too early to forget the landmark judgement of Thomas Naron and the four other judges as incompetent judges, but their incompetence had led to their elevation in their various states. It is rather unfortunate that the judiciary is only chasing shadows learning the substance or how do we explain the uncomfortable silence of the judiciary on the call log saga between Thomas Naron and the lead counsel of Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, Kunle Kalejaiye. The embarrassing silence of the judiciary on this issue is a direct promotion of corruption in the judiciary. This might be the propelling factor that encouraged Garuba Ali to toe the path of Thomas Naron in Osogbo, Osun State.

Whatever faces a person, backs the other, hence what causes a setback or is it badluck to a person, might be the elevating factor for another. Mr. Goodluck got to the position of first citizen without spending a dime on election. Along the line, set back of a person has been paving the way to Mr. Goodluck. Now that Mr. Goodluck is preparing for the first election in his life, he has to beware, that, this might not result into calamity for the entire nation.

Mr. Goodluck should realise that the Federal Republic of Nigeria is a Nation of Nations, and now that the setback of a nation has paved way for his own nation, he should be careful and thread it softly. If the gentleman agreement or is it party zoning that gave him the opportunity of becoming the first citizen, must be destroyed for him to have another way into number one seat again, we would not sit down and watch the sons and daughters of Sceva around him to destroy the Yoruba nation. If Mr. Goodluck would not allow the programme of God for his life to prevail, and would now plan to enforce his own way on that of God, by gunning for elective post, instead of the selective post given to him by God, we would not allow such an ambition to waste lives in Yorubaland.

If Jega would allow the change from Gods plan for Mr. Goodluck to human plan to tarnish and destroy all the integrity he (Jega) had built for years, that would be his cup of tea. But for us in Yoruba land to fold our hands and watch human programme destroy our people, there will be no way for that this time around.

We have to note that project of Mr. Goodluck for President, was the idea of the devil reincarnate Olusegun Obasano, long before Mr. Goodluck became Mr. Vice President of Nigeria. The imposition of Alhaji Musa Yar‘Adua on Nigeria, was master devil agenda and even Mr. Death disappointed them, by keeping so long before striking Alhaji Musa Yar’Adua. Any project involving devil reincarnate Olusegun Obasanjo must involve a do-or-die agenda. I trust devil reincarnate Olusegun Obasanjo he must have made enough provision for AK 47 rifles and must have distributed them into every state of the federation.

Honestly we have been having our own share of the provision in Osun State where it was being rumoured that a PDP aspirant has been going around with a Toyota has loaded with AK 47 rifles. The Omi-yaa, omi-yuu bad boys have been entertaining, their supporters with the booming of AK 47 rifles as the aspirant could not express himself even in Yoruba to the supporters. It we are to be honest with ourselves, Mr. Goodluck cannot win an election this time around in a free, fair and credible polls. This is obvious as the jilted and cheated Hausas will not vote for Mr. Goodluck.

I also doubt the South-East Ibos, will vote for Mr. Goodluck, because that would mean trading away the chance of Ibos come 2015 till 2031. I am sure this would not augur well for the Ibo nation. But we might have few of them, who would be ready to trade away the fortune of the Ibos, for a pot of porridge. The South-West is in firm control of the progressives and as such, outcasts like the devil reincarnate OBJ, together with his renegades would be disgraced at the polls, by voting en mass against Mr. Goodluck. By my own calculation, which might not be easy to be faulted, the only bulk vote for Mr. Goodluck would come from the South-South and that would not get anywhere. Another factor that would definitely work against Mr. Goodluck, come 2011 is that of his godfather, devil reincarnate, Olusegun Obasanjo.

Heh! For, the originator of a do-or-die election, OBJ himself, who brought undiluted badluck to the Federal Republic of Nigeria, by his anti-people policies, who tried so much to dismantle the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by bringing his unpopular third term agenda from the rear and the worst of all, who presided over the fattest purse resulting from the crude oil in Nigeria and under whose government, Nigerians have never had it as bad etc I am sure Nigerians would avenge the blood of those wasted and around the 14th of April 2007 by voting en-mass against Mr. Goodluck come 2011. Mr. Goodluck Sir! I cannot see you win an election in a free, fair and credible poll in January 2011.

My fear then is, knowing the devil reincarnate OBJ for who he is and for what he stands for, all his programmes now would be purely on how to rig the 2011 presidential poll. I can also foresee rigging with violence, wanton destruction of lives, ballot boxes snatching at gun point and possibly rubbishing the integrity of Professor Attahiru Jega and his team. This might force Professor Atahiru Jega, together with few patriotic members of INEC to resign en-mass and this might lead to chains of reactions, the end of which ONLY God knows. It would be disastrous for Mr. Goodluck, to preside on an election which will likely result in bad luck for the entire Federal Republic of Nigeria. It will still be part of History anyway.

By OYAGBILE ISRAEL

•OYAGBILE wrote in from Ward 5, ODO-OTIN Local Government Council Area, Osun State.

…To be continued
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by Moves: 10:53am On Sep 22, 2010
For Ribadu to win, He need to campaign tirelessly and I think he has the Energy to do so, I also think he has Identified his support base, He need to work extensively on this, The Youths hold the key to the next election, statistics state that there are about 20 million Youth voters, if he can target this demographics;; he has a good shot at winning, His campaign team needs to devise a strategy to get the demographics on his side, This will include and not limited to extensive use of social media; extensive visit of every tertiary institution, extensive visits of different religious gathering, he doesn't need to have a speaking oppurtunity to attend this places; just his presence there is able to pass a message, cos I know that there maybe restriction as to campaigning at religious gathering, but well managed appearances sends message of attachment to the grassroot, The undecided are more likely to vote for someone they have seen or perceived to have shared something in common it, it could be something as simple as being in church on the day he came visiting, Long short of it he needs the masses, needs to work closely with the masses
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 22, 2010
An allaiance is being worked out between Buhari and ribadau. Buhari realises the similarities between his ideologies and Ribadau, Buhari also knows that he may never be accepted by Most christains. ribadau is the only one who comes close to him ideologically speaking and He knows that someone younger, fresher who is seen not as a Northerner but a Nigerian will be a better sell. So at the end of the day, we may see buharis votes swingning to Ribadau
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by Gbawe: 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2010
aisha2:

An allaiance is being worked out between Buhari and ribadau. Buhari realises the similarities between his ideologies and Ribadau, Buhari also knows that he may never be accepted by Most christains. ribadau is the only one who comes close to him ideologically speaking and He knows that someone younger, fresher who is seen not as a Northerner but a Nigerian will be a better sell. So at the end of the day, we may see buharis votes swingning to Ribadau

People can say what they want about Buhari but , of all our most visible politicians , he is easily , of late , one of the most consistent in uprightness and ideological soundness. I have no doubt that Buhari can sacrifice his own ambition for Ribadu if he genuinely feels doing so will translate into Nigeria's progress under the leadership of the former EFCC boss. Buhari might see in Ribadu a younger version of himself albeit with more charisma and less baggage and stigma. Below , even when he stands to gain nothing, Buhari is exposing the hypocrisy of the ACF. We simply need leaders who will not play politics with everything to the detriment of Nigeria.

http://www.leadershipeditors.com/ns/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16289:2011-buhari-tackles-acf-northern-leaders&catid=51:cover-stories&Itemid=101

2011: Buhari Tackles ACF, Northern Leaders .
Wednesday, 22 September 2010 02:14 Samuel Aruwan, Kaduna   .

Former head of state and presidential candidate General Muhammadu Buhari yesterday stated that the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), General Ibrahim Babangida and Alhaji Adamu Ciroma lacks the moral rights to challenge usage of public funds in furthering the chances of Presidential Goodluck Jonathan in the impending presidential election.

He also tackled Babangida on his purported commitment to Igbo presidency in 2015.

Buhari, who spoke through his spokesperson Ya'u Shehu Darazo in an exclusive interview with LEADERSHIP, argued: "First of all, we want to be understood that I am not condoning the use of public funds to finance party activities. Two, I am also not defending Jonathan; he is in a position to defend himself and has handlers.[b]What I am saying is ACF lacks the moral right now to speak against President Jonathan or anybody in government using or misusing public funds to finance political campaign because this did not start today. It started with Obasanjo and all of us know it. We knew, for instance, when we were in court in 2003, that for the 30 months lawyers of Obasanjo were coming to court in government vehicles. They were accommodated in government VIP guest houses, they were financed from government coffers, they were provided with the State Security Services (SSS) personnel as bodyguards. Where was ACF then? We also saw in 2007 when we were in court that the lawyers of the late Yar'Adua were driven to court in government vehicles supported by machinery of government. Where was ACF then? And we also saw all over the country where governors who rigged elections were taken to courts, the entire government machinery wase in courts in respect of all the governors whether in the North or South. Where was ACF? So this is the moral question and that is why some of us are opposed to the partisan position of the ACF in respect of the so- called zoning, because it is entirely a PDP affair and ACF today has turned itself into an organ of the PDP.[/b]

"There are, over 50 political parties. If anybody felt cheated in his party he or she has option to move to another party and aspire to be whatever he wants to be. The essential thing is to mobilize Northerners and by extension Nigerians to make the right choice and defend their votes. And I would give you an example: the spokesperson of ACF is from Nasarawa State. We saw then how Abdullahi Adamu as the governor was running the state like Hitler. He conducted the worst election ever in Nigeria and, in Akwanga where the spokesman comes from, he did the worst because that was the enclave of the ANPP. Where was the ACF then? So this is what we are saying: when an honourable organisation goes into partisan politics it loses its bearing, and that is what it is today, a PDP wing. A lot of people have lost confidence,  and thank God for the chairman who has maintained a dignified position. We challenge them to focus on Northern governors seeking re-election, and those who may want to force the anointed ones on the people. What are they doing in this regard?

Commenting on the recent letter written to the leadership of the PDP by a group led by Alhaji Adamu Ciroma, Buhari said: "I read very interesting interview in which Edwin Clark said he attended more ACF meetings than Adamu Ciroma, and he was right because I, for example was part of ACF from March 8, 2000 – that was when it started – and I have never seen Adamu Ciroma; in any case he was one of those opposing ACF because he saw ACF as an organ that was challenging the brutality of Obasanjo on the people of the North, and Adamu Ciroma was opposed to that and he made all efforts to destroy the organisation along with the rest.

And so when Edwin Clark said so, he is right because there was fraternity between the ACF and the South-South. What I am saying is: I am surprised that, suddenly, Adamu Ciroma has regained his voice. Because I remember in the first post-PDP convention in Abuja in 1999 the Northern candidate for the chairmanship of the party was the late Chief Sunday Awoniyi. Everybody knew that in that election that was the burial of internal party democracy in Nigeria and Obasanjo was responsible for that.”
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by naso2(m): 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2010
My Ribadu fans how market? well Ribadu remains a good man no matter what anyone thinks. I only have my doubts if he is really prepared for the task of leading this complex nation now. It sure goes beyond fighting corruption.

Secondly If it becomes a straight fight between GEJ and Ribadu then let the best man win, but i suspect that Ribadu will only split SW votes for GEJ and make it easier for IBB(the ANPP candidate) to get in thorugh the back door.

Summary Ribadu is a good man, Gej is a good man but I remain with GEJ unrepentantly
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by Jarus(m): 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2010
Another voting bloc Ribadu can make use of are the students - universities, polytechnics, COEs etc. He should target this class, set-up robust campaign team in each and evry institution, align with SUGs. It should start from voters registration exercise. Mobilize students to register en masse. We can get 5 million votes from students, if well harnessed.

Civil society groups also appear to favour Ribadu - Soyinka, Falana etc. Ex-NBA president was also talking on OAU campus yseterday, endorsing Ribadu. These are areas Ribadu team can tap into.

Tinubu is another asset from him. Even Atiku that was not a good product like Ribadu, Tinubu delivered Lagos to him. Lagos is a walk-over for Ribadu. This opportunity should be maximized.

North is his main problem to me. He needs to strategize on making in-roads to the North, especially the masses. He has stepped on so many feet to penetrate northern oligarch.
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by naso2(m): 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2010
Jarus:

Another voting bloc Ribadu can make use of are the students - universities, polytechnics, COEs etc. He should target this class, set-up robust campaign team in each and evry institution, align with SUGs. It should start from voters registration exercise. Mobilize students to register en masse. We can get 5 million votes from students, if well harnessed.

Civil society groups also appear to favour Ribadu - Soyinka, Falana etc. Ex-NBA president was also talking on OAU campus yseterday, endorsing Ribadu. These are areas Ribadu team can tap into.

Tinubu is another asset from him. Even Atiku that was not a good product like Ribadu, Tinubu delivered Lagos to him. Lagos is a walk-over for Ribadu. This opportunity should be maximized.
North is his main problem to me. He needs to strategize on making in-roads to the North, especially the masses. He has stepped on so many feet to penetrate northern oligarch.

Except if things change before the election, Lagos is the only state, he stands a chance of winning for now.
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by seeme2(f): 1:00pm On Sep 22, 2010
It is possible!
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by Jarus(m): 1:05pm On Sep 22, 2010
You and me can also do something.
Use every opportunity to push the cause: facebook profiles, facebook messages, text messages, convince your friends and family, especially those that are usually not interested in politics before, they are easy to convince. Start from voters registration, ensure your people register, and guide them to booth on election day. At least, I'm delivering 20 votes for Ribadu.
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by texazzpete(m): 1:10pm On Sep 22, 2010
PDP has had years of building structures at the grassroots, you think a quick flurry of Facebook, twitter or Nairaland campaigning will change that?
Ribadu stands little chance of winning the election in 2011. It'll be difficult for him to beat IBB sef if PDP fields that fellow.
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2010
aisha2:

An allaiance is  being worked out between Buhari and ribadau. Buhari realises the similarities between his ideologies and Ribadau, Buhari also knows that he may never be accepted by Most christains. ribadau is the only one who comes close to him ideologically speaking and He knows that someone younger, fresher who is seen not as a Northerner but a Nigerian will be a better sell. So at the end of the day, we may see buharis votes swingning to Ribadau

i seem to remember that ribadu did his nysc at state house in lag when buhari and idiagbon  were running things - thats where his ideologies were formed in the first place
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 22, 2010
oyb:

i seem to remember that ribadu did his nysc at state house in lag when buhari and idiagbon were running things - thats where his ideologies were formed in the first place
yes and Buhari is very proud of the young Man
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by tpiah: 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2010
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by Orikinla(m): 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2010
The most reasonable thing to do is to support and vote for Nuhu Ribadu, the Barack Obama of Nigeria.

Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by PeeDaVinci: 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2010
So far, GEJ has done nothing remarkable in the country, he does not know what he really stands for and where he wants to lead Nigeria. Dont give me the excuse that he is just 6 months coz if he cant get his directions straight within six months, i doubt if he'll be able to do it in 10 years. He still remains a good man with a good heart though.

Ribadu made his mark within his 6 months in office and that is why I go for him. RIBADU all the way
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by marvix(m): 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2010
From this thread so far I have seen once again that Buhari is indeed a democrat and not a tribal bigot as a lot of people want us to believe. This is deduced from  "I read very interesting interview in which Edwin Clark said he attended more ACF meetings than Adamu Ciroma, and [b]he was right [/b]because I, for example was part of ACF from March 8, 2000 – that was when it started – and I have never seen Adamu Ciroma; in any case he was one of those opposing ACF because he saw ACF as an organ that was challenging the brutality of Obasanjo on the people of the North, and Adamu Ciroma was opposed to that and he made all efforts to destroy the organisation along with the rest.

And so when Edwin Clark said so, he is right because there was fraternity between the ACF and the South-South. What I am saying is: I am surprised that, suddenly, Adamu Ciroma has regained his voice.

Now to the topic,I will state here without fear or favor that this is indeed a wrong time to field Ribadu for president. No sane country that is interested in genuine development would allow anybody to start his political career as a president.

This Ribadu scenario brings Adams Oshiomoles scenario in 2007 to mind, was there anyone as popular with the masses as Adams was in the run up to the 2007 elections, the answer is NO!! but he understood politics and went to his state, Edo and contested to be gov, won the elections but was rigged out and he finally got the seat after court battles.

My candid advice to Ribadu is to join the CPC, work with Buhari, pick a senatorial ticket for himself, deliver his senatorial district to CPC, even though Buhari would go ahead and lose the elections Ribadu would have achieved two things, he would be associated with a former leader who hates graft, and would become a senator who would be our voice for anticorruption in the senate.

Ribadu can insist on being a member of the ethics or anticorruption commitee or any committee in charge of the anti corruption agencies, then when we have Haliburton and other scandals he would speak as a senator and supervise the Waziris of that time and be seen to be fighting corruption from within the senate chambers.

By 2015, the southerners would want the presidency again, but by then Ribadu would have cut his teeth in the Nigerian politics and would be able to stand as the northerner to deny the southerners the presidency in 2015, by then we the masses and general electorate would hold the ACE and decide based on his report card from the Senate if he should be president or Fashola or Oshiomole or Duke and by then Buhari would have now seen a perfect stooge whom he can campaign for and rely on to do the right thing, but first he must have proven that he could not be corrupted by the corruption in the National assembly.

All Ribadu fans pls note that Ribadus ability to become president depends on the ability of Jonathan to become president, our problem in this country goes way beyond corruption it is more about the way politics is being played, this Yaradua changed in his style of leadership, this was what Jonathan understood when he played the politics of Yaraduas sickness so Ribadu should understand and advice himself.
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by texazzpete(m): 3:29pm On Sep 22, 2010
PeeDaVinci:

Ribadu made his mark within his 6 months in office and that is why I go for him. RIBADU all the way

'Made his mark'? This fellow failed to convict and imprison the most die-hard looters in the country. Lucky Igbinedion, Ibori, Odili, IBB, Anenih, Adedibu and many others. All he did was wage a high profile war against the 'small boys' and fail to come through on his allegations of massive financial impropriety he levied against the State Governors. How many did he bring to justice after their tenures ended and their immunity period elapsed?
Even those that were brought to trial, the cases EFCC brought against them were extremely weak. Imagine Lucky Igbinedion only being found guilty of failure to declare assets, even when the man had brazenly looted Edo State dry!

Next thing the fellow did was to run off to the UK to be feted as a hero on the back of a faked assassination attempt. Despite lurid tales of him narrowly escaping a hail of gunfire, this fellow could not produce any evidence (for example a photo of his car riddled with bullets). He could not even explain why he could not report this to the Nigerian Police, preferring to sell this white lie to his adoring masses.

I understand his case perfectly. Yes, he 'did something'. And for most Nigerians, 'doing something' is enough. but he could and should have done much more. He could have refrained from colluding with Obasanjo to shield criminals from justice, refrained from flagrantly abusing the rule of law. He should have done his job properly.

While Ribadu at heart is most likely a decent man, I know the stuff heroes are made from and I know the stuff messiahs are made of. He is neither.

*dons flame retardant suit*
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by mbulela: 3:38pm On Sep 22, 2010
PeeDaVinci:

So far, GEJ has done nothing remarkable in the country, he does not know what he really stands for and where he wants to lead Nigeria. Dont give me the excuse that he is just 6 months coz if he cant get his directions straight within six months, i doubt if he'll be able to do it in 10 years. He still remains a good man with a good heart though.

i might not agree with the entire post but the bold part are apt and bang on the money.
In addition, he surrounds himself with the same barbarians that are the root cause of the problem and claims to be effecting change.
More like living in a brothel and championing celibacy.
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by mbulela: 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2010
texazzpete:

'Made his mark'? This fellow failed to convict and imprison the most die-hard looters in the country. Lucky Igbinedion, Ibori, Odili, IBB, Anenih, Adedibu and many others. All he did was wage a high profile war against the 'small boys' and fail to come through on his allegations of massive financial impropriety he levied against the State Governors. How many did he bring to justice after their tenures ended and their immunity period elapsed?
Even those that were brought to trial, the cases EFCC brought against them were extremely weak. Imagine Lucky Igbinedion only being found guilty of failure to declare assets, even when the man had brazenly looted Edo State dry!

Next thing the fellow did was to run off to the UK to be feted as a hero on the back of a faked assassination attempt. Despite lurid tales of him narrowly escaping a hail of gunfire, this fellow could not produce any evidence (for example a photo of his car riddled with bullets). He could not even explain why he could not report this to the Nigerian Police, preferring to sell this white lie to his adoring masses.

I understand his case perfectly. Yes, he 'did something'. And for most Nigerians, 'doing something' is enough. but he could and should have done much more. He could have refrained from colluding with Obasanjo to shield criminals from justice, refrained from flagrantly abusing the rule of law. He should have done his job properly.

While Ribadu at heart is most likely a decent man, I know the stuff heroes are made from and I know the stuff messiahs are made of. He is neither.

*dons flame retardant suit*
While i share your sentiments and have been called an idealist in the past for such sentiments, being realistic, i think he is a far better option than the barbarians at the gate presently.
His candidature might be more sell-able if his fans tone down on the Messainic message.
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by mbulela: 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2010
marvix:

From this thread so far I have seen once again that Buhari is indeed a democrat and not a tribal bigot as a lot of people want us to believe. This is deduced from  "I read very interesting interview in which Edwin Clark said he attended more ACF meetings than Adamu Ciroma, and [b]he was right [/b]because I, for example was part of ACF from March 8, 2000 – that was when it started – and I have never seen Adamu Ciroma; in any case he was one of those opposing ACF because he saw ACF as an organ that was challenging the brutality of Obasanjo on the people of the North, and Adamu Ciroma was opposed to that and he made all efforts to destroy the organisation along with the rest.

And so when Edwin Clark said so, he is right because there was fraternity between the ACF and the South-South. What I am saying is: I am surprised that, suddenly, Adamu Ciroma has regained his voice.

My candid advice to Ribadu is to join the CPC, work with Buhari, pick a senatorial ticket for himself, deliver his senatorial district to CPC, even though Buhari would go ahead and lose the elections Ribadu would have achieved two things, he would be associated with a former leader who hates graft, and would become a senator who would be our voice for anticorruption in the senate.

[quote][/quote]
very enlightening point. i favour this option.
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by naso2(m): 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2010
mbulela:

You seem not to understand that ribadu's biggest fan base at the moment is SW. Except if he rides on Buhari's popularity in the to north west, I must submit that he might not be popular enough to pick a senatorial from the north.
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by shakara4u(m): 4:19pm On Sep 22, 2010
no doubt Ribadu is a good man,like his ideologies to some extent, but i feel this is not the time, he will only have my vote if the field him and GEJ
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by Beaf: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2010
Ribadu is only gaining experience with this. It would have been better to do this at senate level though. I believe he knows this himself and also that his timing is totally wrong.
I'll vote and campaign for Ribadu in 2019.
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by marvix(m): 5:09pm On Sep 22, 2010
na_so:

You seem not to understand that ribadu's biggest fan base at the moment is SW. Except if he rides on Buhari's popularity in the to north west, I must submit that he might not be popular enough to pick a senatorial from the north.

Na so, If Ribadu can not deliver his senatorial district how can he then win the presidency.

That is the politics I am talking about, he should use Buhari's popularity to secure his seat at the senate and then use the senate as a launching pad for his presidential ambitions
Re: Nairalanders for Ribadu Assembly(NRA) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2010
Beaf:

Ribadu is only gaining experience with this. It would have been better to do this at senate level though. I believe he knows this himself and also that his timing is totally wrong.
I'll vote and campaign for Ribadu in 2019.

Anybody who claims to have experience to lead naija should be avoided. Looking at the 50 years of nationhood, what has their experiences brought for us. In fact, for not having experience, I am considering voting for Ribadu

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Name Of This Lady? Win A Prize / Former Speaker Naabba House On Fire (picture) For Supporting Pdp / Nl Pic Trivia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.