Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,773 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:28 AM

CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court (38425 Views)

CCT Trial: Saraki Alleges Plot To Remove Him / CCT Trial: Saraki Hires 66-SAN Defence Team / CCT Trial: Saraki Reaches Out To Buhari, Tinubu Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by Dozzysamuel(m): 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2015
dayo23:
Nigeria’s Senate President, Bukola Saraki has stated that he will head to the Supreme Court in search of justice after a Court of Appeal ruled against him.

Saraki’s position was conveyed by his lead lawyer, Mohammed Mogaji. He revealed that Senator Saraki would file a further appeal at the Supreme Court.

Saraki wanted the appellate court stop his trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, where he has been charged on 13-counts with false asset declaration.

Delivering judgment today, Justice Moore Agumanen, who read a majority verdict of the Court of Appeal morning upheld the trial of Senate President, Bukola Saraki at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

Reading the verdict of two of the three man panel, he said the tribunal, which docked the Senate President on 22 September and 21 October was properly constituted, thus trashing one of the grounds of the objections to the trial by Senate President and his lawyers.

The dissenting third judge, Justice Joseph Ekanem however ruled that Saraki’s appeal has merit.

On the contrary, the majority judges, including Justice Mohammed Mustapha, in their verdict said the tribunal led by Danladi Umar could sit with the chairman and one other member.

Agumanen said they relied on section 28 of the Interpretation Act to reach the decision.

He said the Code of Conduct Tribunal and Code of Conduct Bureau Act and the constitution did not talk about a quorum.

In a further blow to the Senate President, the majority judges said the CCT has criminal jurisdiction, though limited.

The judges also ruled that the Code of Conduct Tribunal has powers to issue a bench warrant.

The court further ruled that the solicitor-general can institute proceedings in the absence of the attorney-general since the office of the AGF is statutory and cannot die whether the AGF is in court or not.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/10/30/saraki-fights-back-heads-to-supreme-court/
...noted,next please!!!
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by baralatie(m): 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
nobeku:
The President has VETO to overuse, sort of, the senate and appoint ANY NOMINEE as minister, in the long run.. The constitution stipulates 21days after nominee hasn't been returned confirmed... I think there a whole lot of young folks on nairaland that are just too inexperienced and unlettered/unexpired to understand alot of things..
the question is this WILL PMB VETO IN HIS WRITING THAT AMAECHI IS A MINISTER IF THE HOUSE REFUSE TO ENTERTAIN HIS MATTER.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by swagtomp(m): 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2015
All diz things he's doin ehn,I dnt knw if he thinks the youths are not watching....karma dey wait am... Respect ursef oh Sen. Bukanla

1 Like

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by calebadex(m): 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2015
Nigerians are waiting to see the end of these season film.

1 Like

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by nobeku: 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2015
baralatie:

the question is this WILL PMB VETO IN HIS WRITING THAT AMAECHI IS A MINISTER IF THE HOUSE REFUSE TO ENTERTAIN HIS MATTER.
Emphatically YES!!!!!
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by MacDanielz(m): 2:08pm On Oct 30, 2015
dayo23:
Nigeria’s Senate President, Bukola Saraki has stated that he will head to the Supreme Court in search of justice after a Court of Appeal ruled against him.

Saraki’s position was conveyed by his lead lawyer, Mohammed Mogaji. He revealed that Senator Saraki would file a further appeal at the Supreme Court.

Saraki wanted the appellate court stop his trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, where he has been charged on 13-counts with false asset declaration.

Delivering judgment today, Justice Moore Agumanen, who read a majority verdict of the Court of Appeal morning upheld the trial of Senate President, Bukola Saraki at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

Reading the verdict of two of the three man panel, he said the tribunal, which docked the Senate President on 22 September and 21 October was properly constituted, thus trashing one of the grounds of the objections to the trial by Senate President and his lawyers.

The dissenting third judge, Justice Joseph Ekanem however ruled that Saraki’s appeal has merit.

On the contrary, the majority judges, including Justice Mohammed Mustapha, in their verdict said the tribunal led by Danladi Umar could sit with the chairman and one other member.

Agumanen said they relied on section 28 of the Interpretation Act to reach the decision.

He said the Code of Conduct Tribunal and Code of Conduct Bureau Act and the constitution did not talk about a quorum.

In a further blow to the Senate President, the majority judges said the CCT has criminal jurisdiction, though limited.

The judges also ruled that the Code of Conduct Tribunal has powers to issue a bench warrant.

The court further ruled that the solicitor-general can institute proceedings in the absence of the attorney-general since the office of the AGF is statutory and cannot die whether the AGF is in court or not.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/10/30/saraki-fights-back-heads-to-supreme-court/

Nigerian Politics Is Equivalent To Ocultic Groups

PDP = Ayeee Frat

APC = Eiye Frat
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by munayo(m): 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2015
he should go nd die cos he's traitor
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by firefox4th(m): 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
Dr Saraki should .................., sorry I would keep it to myself .He can email me for the details.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 30, 2015
modath:

Saraki wouldn't be fighting this hard if he is sure of beating the case.

Gradually he is ggoing to erode any public sympathy he has going for him..

Still don't understand some folks escessive & obsessive desire to amass illicit wealth..

Only the reward of HARD & HONEST LABOUR has no comma!!! smiley

And what will public sympathy do.? Help him? I wonder why you guys like using the word public sympathy in a court case, as if the public sympathy will stop the court.... Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by baralatie(m): 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2015
nobeku:
Emphatically YES!!!!!
which means the onus of being sympathetic to corruption is not on the house but on PMB. do you understand the game now!
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by Tundeiab(m): 2:25pm On Oct 30, 2015
Classicool:
Aiit
IT A WELL ORCHASTRATED PLOY. HE HAS DONE THE BIDDING OF APC BY GIVING AMAECHI A PASS.HE IS JUST DOING THIS TO MAKE IT LOOK AS IF ITS HIS MOVE THAT GAVE HIM VICTORY.
DIRTY POLITICS CAN NEVER END IN NAIJA.
#SMH

3 Likes

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by okpazian: 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2015
oga saraki easy oo easy i say easy wetin sef allow this trial to even start may be by now the judge fit don discharge u or struck out the mata or wat are the probabilities hmmm pls oo he be like say you no go fit escape this mata.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 30, 2015
They should fry this guy's ass already, he's a thief.
Boot him out and jail Jim.
Amaechi should be next.

All the judas must go down
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by ezigr8(m): 2:44pm On Oct 30, 2015
saraki abi na sarako na u dig ur pit o so mk u jump enter but jux hope say mk dem no cover u

1 Like

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by Unlimitedoye: 2:57pm On Oct 30, 2015
searching4lovee:
[size=15pt]IF U LIKE GO TO EXTREME COURT, U WILL MEET TINUBU'S JUDGES WAITING TO THROW OUT YOUR CASE AS USUAL grin. YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR MESSING WITH THE JAGABAN OF NIGERIAN POLITICS[/size]
my bros you said the truth this is what happen wen you mess up with silent killer like JAGABAN OF YORUBA LEADER
OMO IKU TI IKU O GBODO PA
OMO ARUN TI ARUN O GBODO SE
THE SLAYER OF JONATHAN AND PDP

1 Like

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by Bimpe29: 3:08pm On Oct 30, 2015
Hmm! This is going to be most thrilling and politically motivated legal battle of Buhari's administration.

1 Like

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by 1freshdude: 3:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
HawksDude:
Lol. This drama actually proves he's guilty of the charges!! I think he should be jailed already even without a trial. kiss

He is a crook with smart lawyers, they are buying time to afford them find a political solution. I pray for Nigerians sake this fails. Cause in politischen every second counts.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by bashydemy(m): 3:17pm On Oct 30, 2015
damton:
. so you think he wouldn't appeal the verdict of the CCT after hearing the case. I don't think so
doing that will even make matter worst for him as they will see him more as greed and over ambitious man.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by damton(m): 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2015
bashydemy:
doing that will even make matter worst for him as they will see him more as greed and over ambitious man.
.Aaah. you think he cares, as long as he remains at the helm of affairs
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by modath(f): 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2015
Truckpusher:
Deep words from you , but what would you have Mr Saraki do to free himself ?When he's aware that those that are calling him Mr Dishonesty aren't better than himself. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands .The APC is a demonic party who would use any means necessary to bring anyone to where they want him and this isn't about corruption but a pure grand plan by the APC to stifle out any opposition in Nigeria,and trust me ; we are all fuccked again.

This 'change' is a scam.

First let's clear something, You calling APC s demonic party is like a woman with a stinking stagnant pool of dirty water in her compound sending a bunch of broom to her neighbour to sweep the dirts & fallen leaves in hers (no pun intended)..... They are similar but one trumps the other....

Remove the log in your eyes before trying to remove the specks on your neighbour's eyelashes.

Now let's discuss Saraki's matter, Saraki is a victim of his own inordinate ambition, I, it may be hard to believe rooted for Sarakki till the day of the coup cos I know he had all it takes to be an effective SP.

Though I never knew the extent of his compulsive acquistive material desires, I know quite well like 99% of Nigerian politicians, he dips his hands periodically in the cookie jar, & t is caused by our lack of strong institution cos it is inherent in man to want to misbehave but the law of crime & punisshment ensures a Balance..

He still had my support cos he is actively involved in bringing to the fore germane issues that have deep impact, like the ecological disaster in Bagega & the exposure of the fuel subsidy scam..

Not to discount the fact that he is easier on the eye than Lawan & more articulate (women & vanity, it's allowed smiley)

He ruined everything not by going against the straw polls & reaching out to PDP senators but by staging that coup cos no matter how you hack it, it was a lowball action..

He should have done the dogara thing & be nominated on the floor & still getting the needed votes, not by sneaking into the NASS in a nondesript old model mazda hatchback,(his own words on how he came in undetected) & crouch till he has seen that the coast is clear & then come out to do his thing.....

He isn't the only guilty one but unfortunately he doused himself with accelerant near an open bonfire...

My 2k.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by HawksDude(m): 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2015
Omotolu:
....you are a dictator. Buhari is a democrat.
That's why I wish we were in 1984 right now.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by Okpueze1(m): 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
Love Machine:
Don't mind him. He was tricked by apc politifcians to confirm amaechi as minister and that his case against ccb would be dropped.
Good for him. He succeeded in loosing at both ends having been scamed by apc and dropped by pdp.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by bashydemy(m): 4:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
damton:
.Aaah. you think he cares, as long as he remains at the helm of affairs
And how will he remain at the helm of affairs fighting the presidency that have every evidences against him.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by omolami: 5:03pm On Oct 30, 2015
A waste of time. Saraki will lose at supreme court After his loss at the supreme Court, the tribunal will find him guilty as charged and convict him.Then the Lawan group in the Senate will make impeachment move With the support of pdp withdrawn from Saraki it becomes obvious that he is already a goner, as Apc will have majority . Bye bye to Saraki's speakership of the Senate
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by Truckpusher(m): 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2015
modath:

First let's clear something, You calling APC s demonic party is like a woman with a stinking stagnant pool of dirty water in her compound sending a bunch of broom to her neighbour to sweep the dirts & fallen leaves in hers (no pun intended)..... They are similar but one trumps the other....

Remove the log in your eyes before trying to remove the specks on your neighbour's eyelashes.

Now let's discuss Saraki's matter, Saraki is a victim of his own inordinate ambition, I, it may be hard to believe rooted for Sarakki till the day of the coup cos I know he had all it takes to be an effective SP.

Though I never knew the extent of his compulsive acquistive material desires, I know quite well like 99% of Nigerian politicians, he dips his hands periodically in the cookie jar, & t is caused by our lack of strong institution cos it is inherent in man to want to misbehave but the law of crime & punisshment ensures a Balance..

He still had my support cos he is actively involved in bringing to the fore germane issues that have deep impact, like the ecological disaster in Bagega & the exposure of the fuel subsidy scam..

Not to discount the fact that he is easier on the eye than Lawan & more articulate (women & vanity, it's allowed smiley)

He ruined everything not by going against the straw polls & reaching out to PDP senators but by staging that coup cos no matter how you hack it, it was a lowball action..

He should have done the dogara thing & be nominated on the floor & still getting the needed votes, not by sneaking into the NASS in a nondesript old model mazda hatchback,(his own words on how he came in undetected) & crouch till he has seen that the coast is clear & then come out to do his thing.....

He isn't the only guilty one but unfortunately he doused himself with accelerant near an open bonfire...

My 2k.

It is nothing but madness to support any politics of arm twisting ,blackmail, and being vindictive when Nigerians were promised total change. Now , tell pray where is the change in that dance of shame by Buhari and his cohorts ?
Where is the change when Amaechi and co are still gallivanting , poised to assume the position of a minister in the administration of a man whose rise to power was on the mantra of "I will fight corruption" understanding that Nigerians were sick and tired of it all with all its attendent problems and wanted a way out.
My friend search your conscience very well and always speak the truth because until we stop using the wrong approach in attacking issues of national concern we are going nowhere .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by damton(m): 5:39pm On Oct 30, 2015
bashydemy:
And how will he remain at the helm of affairs fighting the presidency that have every evidences against him.
. which presidency is he fighting. The presidency has nothing to do with these. perhaps , you meant some APC caucus in the senate
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by jonnieoneng: 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2015
osedvgirl:
mtcheeeew
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink wink wink wink tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENSE AND INGRIDENCE
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by Firefire(m): 6:02pm On Oct 30, 2015
Truckpusher:
It is nothing but madness to support any politics of arm twisting ,blackmail, and being vindictive when Nigerians were promised total change. Now , tell pray where is the change in that dance of shame by Buhari and his cohorts ?
Where is the change when Amaechi and co are still gallivanting , poised to assume the position of a minister in the administration of a man whose rise to power was on the mantra of "I will fight corruption" understanding that Nigerians were sick and tired of it all with all its attendent problems and wanted a way out.
My friend search your conscience very well and always speak the truth because until we stop using the wrong approach in attacking issues of national concern we are going nowhere .

Please stop engaging this people without conscience, they are irredeemable.

Buhary government so far is "Super Clueless", visionless and without any form of direction.

Engaging the online thugs makes no difference.

You see them celebrating corrupt criminals who looters their respective constituency dry.

You see them making mockery of their future as if the masses understand the different between APC & PDP, thereby making the whole corruption fight a farce and a complete caricature.

APC to me is demonic, evil, and full of career looters. angry

I pity the scammed masses that are still waiting endlessly for the CHANGE that will NEVER come under this administration of shame. embarassed

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by bashydemy(m): 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2015
damton:
. which presidency is he fighting. The presidency has nothing to do with these. perhaps , you meant some APC caucus in the senate
He go against his party and the presidency order and have to pay for it. Though the government are fighting corruption and he just brought him self into the net with his past remember the president independence speech. Fear the action of your past.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by nobeku: 9:33pm On Oct 30, 2015
baralatie:

which means the onus of being sympathetic to corruption is not on the house but on PMB. do you understand the game now!
YOU ARE off the point..
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court by AIN03(m): 9:21am On Oct 31, 2015
This won't bring down the APC in any way, rather it shall enhance and ensure party supremacy and loyalty of the members;the missing link in the pdp camp..Let justice prevail

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: Godfathers In Political Battles With Godsons / APC Replies Davido, Calls Him A "Political Novice" / Miyetti Allah: North Can’t Ignore South’s Decision On Open Grazing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.