Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex (5608 Views)

How Terrifying Your First HIV Test Will Be (Photos) / Things You Can Relate To If You've Gone For HIV Test Before. / Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 30, 2015
If you get tested 21 days after sex will you show a positive result?
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 30, 2015
mamboroo:
nah...minimum of 28days. but y did u go for it, was it unprotected or r u seein signs

1 Like

Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by thorpido(m): 6:39pm On Oct 30, 2015
You have to wait for at least 3 months.
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
shocked
mamboroo:
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 30, 2015
nnamdiokere45:
nah...minimum of 28days. but y did u go for it, was it unprotected or r u seein signs
unprotected man
Why 28 days
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 30, 2015
thorpido:
You have to wait for at least 3 months.
really they say they got advanced equipments now
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
Do d test after 6 months to b sure of urself, if u come out clean, go n do thanksgiving
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by thorpido(m): 9:35pm On Oct 30, 2015
mamboroo:
really they say they got advanced equipments now
Yes.You can actually have the test done in 4-8weeks after exposure with some test kits but you will have to do a re-test after 3months to be certified negative or not.
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by stoneaustin(m): 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
21 days is good cos 95% of individuals will show detectable antibodies to HIV
by 4 to 6 weeks, with greater than 99% having
sero-converted by 3 months. there are test that are conclusive at 7 days mark but its not available in Nigeria at the moment. please I beg of you, don't go surfing the net trying to get answers cos it might cause unnecessary anxiety as most information online are not from professionals. Visit any health care center close or far from you!

Condom is cheap, disease is expensive!

1 Like

Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by DrAdonis: 11:45pm On Oct 30, 2015
mamboroo:

Yes, you can. Even after 14 days, one can test positive. It's because it's not everyone that is positive that will actually test positive at this time that 3 months is recommended.

Book an appointment with your doctor and discuss it with him.
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 31, 2015
stoneaustin:

sero-converted by 3 months. there are test that are conclusive at 7 days mark but its not available in Nigeria at the moment. please I beg of you, don't go surfing the net trying to get answers cos it might cause unnecessary anxiety as most information online are not from professionals. Visit any health care center close or far from you!

I went for check up the results shows that am negative the test used was that kit that looks like the one they use to test pregnancy
So is it accurate
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 31, 2015
DrAdonis:

Yes, you can. Even after 14 days, one can test positive. It's because it's not everyone that is positive that will actually test positive at this time that 3 months is recommended.

Book an appointment with your doctor and discuss it with him.
the results shows that am negative so can I be positive after time?
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by DrAdonis: 8:31am On Oct 31, 2015
mamboroo:
the results shows that am negative so can I be positive after time?

Yes. So you need to go for another test after 3 months.
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 31, 2015
DrAdonis:

Yes. So you need to go for another test after 3 months.
whaat ??why
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by stoneaustin(m): 8:48am On Oct 31, 2015
mamboroo:
I went for check up the results shows that am negative the test used was that kit that looks like the one they use to test pregnancy
So is it accurate

that's great news! its very accurate though not conclusive but is very unlikely to change even at the 3 month mark. just relax ur nerves for the now and go the test again at 8 weeks.
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 31, 2015
stoneaustin:

that's great news! its very accurate though not conclusive but is very unlikely to change even at the 3 month mark. just relax ur nerves for the now and go the test again at 8 weeks.
ooh thanks God
But I don't understand here everyone is talking different thing why?
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by stoneaustin(m): 9:05am On Oct 31, 2015
mamboroo:
ooh thanks God
But I don't understand here everyone is talking different thing why?

stop surfing the net! i know its a little difficult for you now but it would help a big deal. opinions differ cos they are not professionals. please get in touch with a health practitioner. whats your risk level (high or low) and do you have any symptoms?
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 31, 2015
stoneaustin:

stop surfing the net! i know its a little difficult for you now but it would help a big deal. opinions differ cos they are not professionals. please get in touch with a health practitioner. whats your risk level (high or low) and do you have any symptoms?
what are the symptoms friend?
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by stoneaustin(m): 9:28am On Oct 31, 2015
mamboroo:
what are the symptoms friend?

Some people recently infected with HIV will
experience some symptoms like,
Fever
Severe Fatigue
A non-itchy rash
Swollen glands/lymph nodes
Muscle aches
Sore throat
Night sweats
Sores or ulcers in your mouth.
if truly infected you should experience any or all of those symptoms I listed above within 5-14 days after the virus enters the body but some people would not experience any symptoms at all.
please note that other STDs also have same symptoms and anxiety can create them in your head and make you feel you have them! lolzz!
Please Mamboroo see a doctor.
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 31, 2015
stoneaustin:

Some people recently infected with HIV will
experience some symptoms like,
Fever
Severe Fatigue
A non-itchy rash
Swollen glands/lymph nodes
Muscle aches
Sore throat
Night sweats
Sores or ulcers in your mouth.
if truly infected you should experience any or all of those symptoms I listed above within 5-14 days after the virus enters the body but some people would not experience any symptoms at all.
please note that other STDs also have same symptoms and anxiety can create them in your head and make you feel you have them! lolzz!
Please Mamboroo see a doctor.
I don't have any friend and I have already seen a doctor but they say it should be 3 month time
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by DrAdonis: 9:56am On Oct 31, 2015
mamboroo:
whaat ??why

Because the antibodies might not be detectable until after 3 months. If the antibodies are not detectable, the test will read negative.

If you test negative then, then you are confirmed negative and you will need to be courteous and use condoms if you don't wanna abstain.
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by stoneaustin(m): 10:06am On Oct 31, 2015
mamboroo:
I don't have any friend and I have already seen a doctor but they say it should be 3 month time

OK, just be good OK.
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by angelEmade: 10:04pm On May 20, 2022
stoneaustin:

Hope you are good sir? I also hope you are still active on nairaland. You seem knowledgeable about this so i thought of asking this question... two exposures from the same partner. one was 10 weeks before the test and the second was 5 weeks, 5days before the test (same person or same exposure) Test shows negative. I think it is the strip thing... what is the probability of staying negative? Status of the other person is unknown.

(1) (Reply)

Eight Healthy Ways To Clean Your Vagina / Man Lying Dead Next To His Car At Ijesha Lagos(graphic Photos) / Vaginal Yeast Infection. How To Treat And Cure Yeast Infections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.