Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

The Holy Communion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Communion (411 Views)

Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card / Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Holy Communion by lawaldoski(m): 10:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
My name is Lawal Olanrewaju, the reason for this topic is base on my confusion about The Holy Communion.
I was a Muslim, father Imam bt my mum had a Christian background. I got converted in the year 2007 and i got baptized in the year 2013. I attend christ embassy ever since my convert. I have been struggling with my faith as a Christian though, it not so easy moving with friends that all they do is of the world. Back to my topic.
Have been taking communion ever since my convert as a Christian i.e. Before i got baptized. Now as a significant member in church in charge of royalty (Teen), i have to coordinate and win more souls into the ministry. I took it upon myself to invite some of friends, most of which have different church backgrounds but are not committed just like myself.
Today 30/10/2015, we had a global prayer service with our general overseer, mentor, father and guardian. Rev. Chris Oyakhilome Phd. After the online session with him, we had a communion service at our local branch. 2 of my friends were with me, 1 of which had a Catholic background and the other Pentecostal. The one with the Catholic background convinced the other 1 that they both shouldn't take the communion for they are not baptized. Now my questions are:
What are the significance of the Holy Communion.
What is the qualification.
What are the consequences if you take it when you are not qualify to.
What are the scriptural back up.
Thank you all.
Answers and Criticisms are highly welcome.
Re: The Holy Communion by orisa37: 12:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
You are Born Again when you qualify to take Holy Communion.
In the Anglican Faith, you will pass through proper training in Cathecism and tests before you are confirmed. Ditto in the Roman Catholic, but there is no Confirmation requirement. Other fundamental churches set their standards. The essense of Eucharist, The Lord's Supper, is to equip you to preach The Gospel. When you take it, when you don't know, what it means, it is ineffective in you 'cos you don't know the scriptural back up.

(1) (Reply)

Eternal Life Starts Here / How To Follow The Spirit Of God! / What Is Missing In Church Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.