Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari (785 Views)

7 Ministers Buhari May Sack Soon / We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari / “I Don’t Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers” – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by Adaowerri111: 6:41am On Oct 31, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that his government and Nigeria can not afford to pay forty two ministers and that not all the minister nominees that have been screened will have portfolios.

Moreso he went on to say that he will reduce the numbers of ministries.

Buahri in an interview with Channels TV and Nigerian Television Authority in New Delhi in India said that he is working with a team of people introduced to him by others that he trust and must work with them.

Buhari while reacting to question on the the divide in the National Assembly over Rotimi Amaechi’s confirmation as minister said he did not walk into the presidency alone hence he can not work alone and that some of those having problems at the National Assembly he has never meet them.

‘This is team work I said I know people but there are people that I accept from other people in our team that I trust without even knowing them.

‘May be those that are having problem in the National Assembly I doubt if I have meet him in my life but then I am working with others.

‘I did not work into the presidency alone. I have to defend on all the three tiers of government from all part of the country.

Backing the 36 Minister nominees Buhari said that he can not work out outside the constitution and that ministers must be appointed in conformity with the constitution of the Federal Government in that ministerial appointment must reflect the 36 states of the country.

And that these minister nominees though representing their sates some will not have portfolios but will be part of his cabinet.

‘We can not work outside constitution there must be a cabinet representative from each state.

‘There use to be forty two minister but I think we can nearly keep have half of that now because we can not afford it. Other may not be substantive ministers but they will seat in the cabinet because that is what the constitution said and we can’t operate outside the constitution

We are reducing the number of ministries we can’t afford to pay.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/we-cant-afford-to-pay-42-ministers-buhari/
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by Adaowerri111: 6:41am On Oct 31, 2015
good morning lalasticlala
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 31, 2015
I see, when you have finished appointing your kins-men into key positions of most govt establishments and agencies.... undecided undecided undecided
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by HerexG(m): 6:43am On Oct 31, 2015
He sounds very intelligible and considerate but my problem with him is that his corruption war is selective like a DJ's selection mixtape

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by divinehand2003(m): 6:46am On Oct 31, 2015
Wisdom at its peak, this is the most patriotic president I have seen in Nigeria so far. We will make profound progress under your watch Sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by Harmthe(m): 6:49am On Oct 31, 2015
in bieber voice mr president "u try to make a point u keep on preaching".
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by cremedelacreme: 6:49am On Oct 31, 2015
So many drama in this ministerial ish. You can't afford to pay 42 ministers? OK even if it's only 2 ministers you can afford to pay, pls appoint them and get down to work. 5 months have gone yet no cabinet. Nigerians are tired, this is not the change they voted for. angry
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by ORACLE1975(m): 6:52am On Oct 31, 2015
k
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by sanbells(f): 6:58am On Oct 31, 2015
I think he's making sense shaa. Sounds intelligent to me. I can see this man fighting corruption. He looks incorruptible. Baba ride on! Do what's right.

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by 400billionman: 8:41am On Oct 31, 2015
Drop Amaechi nah.

At least, he is corrupt. And save some money..

Meanwhile your frequent trips are a waste pipe to the little money we have..
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by Bobbystanley(m): 9:22am On Oct 31, 2015
Get to work and stop talking.
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by 400billionman: 9:48am On Oct 31, 2015
cremedelacreme:
So many drama in this ministerial ish. You can't afford to pay 42 ministers? OK even if it's only 2 ministers you can afford to pay, pls appoint them and get down to work. 5 months have gone yet no cabinet. Nigerians are tired, this is not the change they voted for. angry

He purposely delayed their appointment for thesame salary issue.

(1) (Reply)

"How I Use Tortoise As 'juju' For Robbery" - Suspected Gang Leader / Buhari Is Not Here To Effect Change – Bishop / Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.