Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,051 members, 7,825,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari (1003 Views)

7 Ministers Buhari May Sack Soon / We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari / “I Don’t Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers” – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 31, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that his government and Nigeria can not afford to pay forty two ministers and that not all the minister nominees that have been screened will have portfolios.

Moreso he went on to say that the country Nigeria was ‘material and morally vandalized’ and that he will reduce the numbers of ministries.
Buahri in an interview with Channels TV and Nigerian Television Authority in New Delhi in India said that he is working with a team of people introduced to him by others that he trust and must work with them.

Buhari while reacting to question on the the divide in the National Assembly over Rotimi Amaechi’s confirmation as minister said he did not walk into the presidency alone hence he can not work alone and that some of those having problems at the National Assembly he has never meet them.

‘This is team work I said I know people but there are people that I accept from other people in our team that I trust without even knowing them.’
‘May be those that are having problem in the National Assembly I doubt if I have meet him in my life but then I am working with others.’
‘I did not work into the presidency alone. I have to defend on all the three tiers of government from all part of the country.’

Backing his 36 Minister nominees Buhari said that he can not work out outside the constitution and that ministers must be appointed in conformity with the constitution of the Federal Government in that ministerial appointment must reflect the 36 states of the country.

And that these minister nominees though representing their sates some will not have portfolios but will be part of his cabinet.
‘We can not work outside constitution there must be a cabinet representative from each state.’
‘There use to be forty two minister but I think we can bearly keep half of that now because we can not afford it.
‘Other may not be substantive ministers but they will seat in the cabinet because that is what the constitution said and we can’t operate outside the constitution’

‘We are reducing the number of ministries we can’t afford to pay.’
Buhari in the interview also said that the country has no money to pay salaries as the government had to seek the Central Bank governor to look for ways to pay states workers’ salaries.

‘Where is the money? Do you know the Federal Government has to help twenty seven states out of thirty six to pay salaries?.’
‘Nigeria can not pay salaries Nigeria had to summon the Governor of the Central Bank to see how it could pay salaries not to talk of projects, agreement signed with foreign countries, counter funding and so on. The country was material vandalized and morally so.’

On his ambition to see that the dreaded Boko Haram group is crushed by December the president said that his is optimistic on the capabitiy of the military and other government agencies in crushing the terrorists and feels sorry for those who think otherwise or have given up on wining the war against terrorist.

‘I am an optimistic person. I am sorry for those who have already given up. I remain confident that our military and other law enforcement agencies are more than equal to the task.’

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/we-cant-afford-to-pay-42-ministers-buhari/

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 7:41am On Oct 31, 2015
Hmmm
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by madridguy(m): 7:42am On Oct 31, 2015
Buhari you're free to do anything to bring on the positive change you promised us. We are solidly behind you.

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by KnowMore: 7:42am On Oct 31, 2015
wink cool
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by wachakuta(m): 7:44am On Oct 31, 2015
Sai Baba
Must of d ministries ve duplicating fuvtions and r just ment for thier Ogas at d Top to syphon huge money.
Abeg scrap n Merge dem jare..

Dis Con3 must learn not to be wastefull

2 Likes

Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by xreal: 7:48am On Oct 31, 2015
I am beginning to doubt this man.

There is no money, but he spends more time in flights.

Baba do something.

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by bonechamberlain(m): 7:51am On Oct 31, 2015
I thought we had 36 states, which one is 42 again

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 31, 2015
Downgrade their salaries and allowances.

Those ministries were created for a purpose.

Don't trash their purpose and essence because you can't pay them. Rather, try to ensure that they are productive and providing enough to fund them and add to the national coffers.
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by THUNDER4real(m): 8:07am On Oct 31, 2015
JOKER
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by 99100(m): 8:19am On Oct 31, 2015
Ministers without ministries one chance govt.

And on his promise to crush boko haram by December; The Daur.a dulla.rd has once again disappointed his deluded followers . What a perpetual failure.

Lest I forget , I would like to see the list of those states that couldn't pay their workers salaries.

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by Tunami(m): 8:21am On Oct 31, 2015
good step by buhari but he should cut down their salaries and any allowance that may be given to them

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by ba7man(m): 8:23am On Oct 31, 2015
I strongly recommend the arrest and torture of looters from the previous administration till they confess where they hid their loot.

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by uboma(m): 8:30am On Oct 31, 2015
If all the screened nominees will not serve as substantial ministers, then what roles will these ones play?
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by rapthugx(m): 8:34am On Oct 31, 2015
Which way Nigeria? As long as we rely on oil our econony will continue to nose dive.
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by JayKaba(m): 8:35am On Oct 31, 2015
Constitution did not fall from heaven. APC controls national assembly. Nothing stops the president from introducing a bill to amend the constitution in that respect.
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by MabraO: 8:39am On Oct 31, 2015
bonechamberlain:
I thought we had 36 states, which one is 42 again

Ask ur cluesless hero goatluck Jonah daft where he got his remaining 6 states from

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by rusher14: 8:41am On Oct 31, 2015
99100:
Ministers without ministries one chance govt.

And on his promise to crush boko haram by December; The Daur.a dulla.rd has once again disappointed his deluded followers . What a perpetual failure.

Lest I forget , I would like to see the list of those states that couldn't pay their workers salaries.

So we should get rid of him for these reasons?

Or should we begin to rue his presidency?

You fail to realise that Nigerians are committed people and would stick by their decisions until something really drastic and totally unexpected happens.

Constantly posting negatives about Buhari even when there was no real opposition or selection of candidates made him even more popular amongst the electorate.

If you think the constant online lampooning of the president would lead to some civil disobedience or unwillingness of the Nigerian people, who voted him by the way, from working with him and accepting his decisions, you really would have that lemon face for years and years to come.

Nigerians always stand by their choices.
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by bonechamberlain(m): 9:38am On Oct 31, 2015
MabraO:

Ask ur cluesless hero goatluck Jonah daft where he got his remaining 6 states from
na wa o, why bringing GEJ's name here. the constitution said each minister from each state, we have 36 states, so y still talking of 42, is it because GEJ had 42, does not hat mean that ur idol buhari who came in with the "change" mantra should also have 42.

Nigeria constitution stipulates 36 ministers if GEJ got it wrong buhari should get it right. I still don't know why he is mentioning 42.

pls be reasonable.
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by MabraO: 10:05am On Oct 31, 2015
bonechamberlain:

na wa o, why bringing GEJ's name here. the constitution said each minister from each state, we have 36 states, so y still talking of 42, is it because GEJ had 42, does not hat mean that ur idol buhari who came in with the "change" mantra should also have 42.

Nigeria constitution stipulates 36 ministers if GEJ got it wrong buhari should get it right. I still don't know why he is mentioning 42.

pls be reasonable.

Now I know goatluck Jonah daft has infected u with his cluelessness
Mumu did u even read the post at all?
Cos if u really did u won't be spewing this thrash
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by bonechamberlain(m): 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
MabraO:

Now I know goatluck Jonah daft has infected u with his cluelessness
Mumu did u even read the post at all?
Cos if u really did u won't be spewing this thrash
look mabrao or whatever you call urself am not ready to waste my time raining insult on uncivilized folks like u, if u aren't ready for constructive and civilized interaction don't quote me again.
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nigeria is not as broke as Buhari portrayed the situation.
Re: We Can’t Afford To Pay 42 Ministers – Buhari by iokpebholo: 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
Personally having a minister and a minister of state at d same time is very unnecessary.the fewer d better.God bless Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Senate Uncovers Rot In TSA Remittances, Begins Probe / Fashola Pictured In His Office / Look What Happened To The CHANGE Wagon (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.