Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Black Screen Of Death! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Black Screen Of Death! (646 Views)

How To Fix Blue Screen Of Death & System Auto Restart Issue / My Acer Aspire E11 Shows Black Screen After Booting. How To Fix It? / Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black Screen Of Death! by tudor(m): 9:49pm On May 08, 2009
Guys i tried to install an application on my laptop,i finished installing it only for it to freeze,i tried to restart but anytime i do it gets to a black screen but i can still see and move the mouse pointer.wats wrong? What can i do?
Re: Black Screen Of Death! by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 08, 2009
ah, the dreaded black screen of frustration. if u are using vista. . .you may have to reinstall

options
1)first when booting, press f8 repeatedly, that should take you to the option to start in safe mode. if you are able to successfully boot into safe mode, use system restore to restore your pc to an earlier time

2) when in the black screen, press ctrl alt delete. if u are lucky, task manager will pop up. select file from the menu, select run, and pick explorer. if u are lucky, your desktop will then come up.

if neither of these works, you may have to reinsatll. if you are dual booting, you can try running chkdsk from your xp partition, this may work. . .

let me know if any of the above work out. cheers
Re: Black Screen Of Death! by tudor(m): 11:26pm On May 08, 2009
Thanks man,i used the system restore and i'm back to life, cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help On This Lappy / 10 Things You Should Do To Your Computer, To Make It Faster! / My Computer Runs Slow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.