Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News (14196 Views)

Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike / Why NCC Asked Big Operators To Raise Data Tariffs / Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by FTBOY: 5:41pm On Oct 31, 2015
XBLadez:
One day, we'll develop our witchcraft communication system and stop patronizing GSM networks. MTN would be the first to crumble
mr troll grin grin
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by warrior01: 5:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
Losses everywhere. What is really happening?

1 Like

Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
Are they now using an efficient mail system? Ofcos, No! So, where did they go? Yeye country with yeye people
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by onatisi(m): 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
yomi007k:
The question is why did subscribers reduce?

1. Registration of lines.

2. Gradual switching of ppl from phone call useage to online chats, skype,watsapp. Etc

WhatsApp and online chats aren't on mobile lines abi?

1 Like

Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by XBLadez: 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
FTBOY:
mr troll grin grin
Stop following me about, fagg!
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by activelyA(f): 5:46pm On Oct 31, 2015
All the customers belong to MTN tongue
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by FTBOY: 5:46pm On Oct 31, 2015
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by d33types: 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2015
Emekamex:
Bad news everywhere

I used to have 3 active lines which I cut to two as one of them (etisalat) was better for both voice calls and data..

I presently do more of skype, whatspp calls than network voice calls now thus I spend far less on off net voice calls then before

Its not bad news all the time okay?
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by yomi007k(m): 5:48pm On Oct 31, 2015
onatisi:
WhatsApp and online chats aren't on mobile lines abi?

They make communication cheaper with a large number of people hence u won't need to have extra sims n phones...

If u don't get it, I don't know how else 2 explain.
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by onatisi(m): 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2015
warrior01:
Losses everywhere. What is really happening?
wait till January you will understand better. Sebi ppl dey call us wailers because we keep saying the truth and warning about it. Buhari has wasted precious valuable time that should have been used to tackle the nations problems .instead he chose to use 8months to pick ministers. Now the recession has set in and we are still waiting for his economic team to strt work .defonitely their first policies will be austerity measures,workforce downsizing,naira devaluation ,mass sackings and retrenchment and most likely as it is been rumored a total removal of petrol subsidy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by klerry(m): 5:50pm On Oct 31, 2015
dhardline:
Another sad news...whats happenning? undecided

Here's a small analysis;

Cost of producing 1 barrel of crude $25
Cost of 1 barrel of crude $47
Proceeds from sale of 1 barrel if crude $22
So u multiply $22 by the amount of crude produced which is about 80% of our earnings as a country. It will definitely affect every aspect of the economy.
It was also a good way of getting forex to fund our imports as an import dependent economy, since it plummeted we cannot continue to fund imports from our reserve hence the restrictions of some items that is perceived that we can produced as a country from using our reserve to fund such items.
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by onatisi(m): 5:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
yomi007k:

They make communication cheaper with a large number of people hence u won't need to have extra sims n phones...

If u don't get it, I don't know how else 2 explain.
me man read the article . The telecoms lost 300000 subscribers that disconnected their lines from all GSM networks. To use whatspp and all the instant messaging you q typing about you still need a phone line .

2 Likes

Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by yomi007k(m): 5:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
onatisi:
me man read the article and think before u write. The telecoms lost 300000 subscribers that disconnected their lines from all GSM networks. To use whatspp and all the instant messaging you q typing about you still need a phone line .
Did I not put disconnection as number 1.

Mr smartguy, if ur lookin 2 argue check d next guy
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by SeverusSnape(m): 6:11pm On Oct 31, 2015
Too bad.

2 Likes

Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by slap1(m): 6:11pm On Oct 31, 2015
Everything is just reducing since Buhari became president.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by hedonistic: 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
Somebody should point out just one positive news we've heard since this cattle rearing barbarian became Nigeria's president 5 long months ago. Everything is going from bad to worse.

1 Like

Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by Firefire(m): 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
Built2last:

I have been quiet on this forum because i voted PMB and campaigned for him...its obvious, the agenda was simple. To get power back to the north...He had no economic blue print wheresoever.. His advicers are also not telling him the truth about the state of the economy......my mouth is sticky because i have followed economic trends since this man took over.

Guys, let no facade decieve you. Our economy is at a brink.

Mass sack in banking industry looms first quarter of next year because of TSA. Every banker knows that TSA emptied banks. And for every bamker sacked, it affects 15people dependent on him.

Investors confidence is eroding

Recession is knocking at our door.

Telcom, banking, Finance, oil and gas are all confused on where we are headed

We need a fiscal policy expert asap.

Brace up people for what is ahead.

You need to apologise for making a costly and wrong decision by voting a 'Super Clueless' element as Nigeria president. angry

Cc: Modath.

3 Likes

Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by taofeektaiwo(m): 6:36pm On Oct 31, 2015
mtchewww!
melvinjames:
What did we do to deserve this, just bad news from every where, why did God punish us with PMB?
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by babafirst(m): 6:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
I have 6 Sims and I deliberately dumped 2 of the Sims while I registered one over 5 times but the telecoms company kept blocking me so I must be among the 357993 customers.And I dumped them not because of economic hardship but their incompetence.
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by babafirst(m): 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
So TSA has brought out the hypocrisy of our banks.They will survive without Govt patronage.Let them do real banking and stop clinching to govt funds like money launderers.This is in response to someone who grumbled earlier that banks were crumbling because of TSA.
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by xcolanto(m): 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
Built2last:
I have been quiet on this forum because i voted PMB and campaigned for him... its obvious, the agenda was simple. To get power back to the north...He had no economic blue print wheresoever..His advicers are also not telling him the truth about the state of the economy......my mouth is sticky because i have followed economic trends since this man took over.

Mass sack in banking industry looms first quarter of next year because of TSA. Every banker knows that TSA emptied banks. And for every bamker sacked, it affects 15people dependent on him.

@ bolded I have zero sympathy for your likes especially here on NL where genuine efforts were made by well meaning Nigerians in educating the public on the person and characteristics of the apc presidential candidate. Isn't it too much of a coincidence that the same controversial issues and events that rocked the past leadership of the dura born is coming into play again in this dispensation?

It is indeed sad that what was stiffly warned against are all playing out right in front of our very own eyes.

It's going to be interesting to watch the next 4 years play out.

1 Like

Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by modath(f): 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2015
Firefire:

You need to apologise for making a costly and wrong decision by voting a 'Super Clueless' element as Nigeria president. angry

Cc: Modath.

My bros, whatever anyone promised you that jona+PDP's ouster put to a screeching halt, do not worry, continue to massage your PVC...

There is nothing that torchlighting any PMB thread to bellyache on will achieve in the interim beyond gathering co PDP antagonists to cackle over like crows!!.. wink

There is always light at the end of ANY TUNNEL.

It's a mere exercise in futility.
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by Firefire(m): 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2015
modath:

My bros, whatever anyone promised you that jona+PDP's ouster put to a screeching halt, do not worry, continue to massage your PVC...

There is nothing that torchlighting any PMB thread to bellyache on will achieve in the interim beyond gathering co PDP antagonists to cackle over like crows!!.. wink

There is always light at the end of ANY TUNNEL.

It's a mere exercise in futility.

"No one can wake a person PRETENDING to be ASLEEP".... Buhari better stop pretending, and resign honorably.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by modath(f): 7:39pm On Oct 31, 2015
Firefire:

"No one can wake a person PRETENDING to be ASLEEP".... Buhari better stop pretending, and resign honorably.

Since that is not going to happen, we are still back to the ironing PVC & the online wailing tinz. grin

& that signature is actually for you guys....decode it...
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by Firefire(m): 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
modath:

Since that is not going to happen, we are still back to the ironing PVC & the online wailing tinz. grin

& that signature is actually for you guys....decode it...

The signature is applicable in relevant matters, not for a particular guy(s) cheesy

1 Like

Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by modath(f): 8:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
Firefire:

The signature is applicable in relevant matters, not for a particular guy(s) cheesy

Let's agree to disagree..... You take your interpretation, i know mine.. smiley
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by HARDDON: 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2015
Abeyjide:
the havoc ncc is making is more than the benefit to consumers. Ncc regulating d price of services provided without condisering how it benefit the consumers.God help us.

Those r redundant lines. Besides, on d average, nigerians have two - 3 lines based on goody bag parrols. Subscribera didnt go any where, they just didnt see the need to streas registering a line they got cos of some bonus. Now d bonus is gone, to ur tents
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by ukaegbuikedia: 8:38pm On Oct 31, 2015
I dont believe this statistics.. Nigeria's population is approximatly 170mill.
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
Built2last:
I have been quiet on this forum because i voted PMB and campaigned for him...its obvious, the agenda was simple. To get power back to the north...He had no economic blue print wheresoever..His advicers are also not telling him the truth about the state of the economy......my mouth is sticky because i have followed economic trends since this man took over.

[size=18pt]ENJOY YOUR LONG AWAITED CHANGE![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by Bigdreams(m): 10:39pm On Oct 31, 2015
Seen.

Have you read Business Sense For Bulk SMS Business?

Click https://www.nairaland.com/2647784/business-sense-bulk-sms-business to read now.
Re: Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News by tonytony208(m): 11:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
dhardline:
Another sad news...whats happenning? undecided

It is clear you didnt read the news. You just commented based on title. "What is happening" was clearly written in the news.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#ATAwards2019: Arewa Twitter Awards 2019 / The Black Berry Craze / NCC Arrests 5 Suspects For Fraudulent Registration Of SIM Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.