Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award (40120 Views)

The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds / Art By Nigerian-born Njideka Akunyili Crosby Auctions For Record $1.1m Auction / Meet Late Dora Akunyili Daughter, Njideka Akunyili Crosby: She Is A Painter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by tellwisdom: 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2015
Why she dey look like person wey dey wait for food? sad
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by tonychristopher: 5:39pm On Oct 31, 2015
But they said that Igbo are not going to school ..but they on the other side call themselves sophisticated and Igbo somplitons
But Igbo keeps wining all intellectual venture

God bless Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by Panshow(m): 5:50pm On Oct 31, 2015
She's very talented.
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by chi33(m): 5:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
Tolexander:
Like Mother like Daughter!

Dora's casket will definitely be dancing shakiti babi in the grave!
grin
Tolexander:
Like Mother like Daughter!

Dora's casket will definitely be dancing shakiti babi in the grave!

hahahahahahahaha... Abi ooo
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by Daremee: 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
THIS SELF PROMOTION IS GETTING TOO MUCH, NA.
THIS IS FAST BECOMING LIKE THE NAFDAC STYLE PROPAGANDA TACTICS OF THE FORMER BOSS.

THIS AWARD IS HARDLY THE NOBEL PRIZE.
PLEASE LET US HEAR WORD. NEXT !
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by Enesi47: 6:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
XBLadez:
She's ugly
you will end up of chasing mami water
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by sunnyb0b0(m): 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
Daremee:
THIS IS FAST BECOMING LIKE THE NAFDAC STYLE PROPAGANDA TACTICS OF THE FORMER BOSS.

Haters spotted.
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by Caracta(f): 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
How can somebody call this woman ugly?

She is not just talented but pretty. She is not like the regular kardashian-fake you guys are used to with all the pancakes and surgeries.

She is African. She is beautiful. She is one of us and very real.

Congratulations Njideka.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by XBLadez: 7:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
Enesi47:
you will end up of chasing mami water
Amen
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by Dozzysamuel(m): 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2015
sunnyb0b0:
Wein Prize Is Awarded to a Nigerian-born Artist

By RANDY KENNEDY

OCTOBER 26, 2015

The Studio Museum in Harlem announced Monday that it was bestowing its Wein Prize – a $50,000 award won in the past by esteemed artists like Lorna Simpson, Glenn Ligon and Trenton Doyle Hancock – to Njideka Akunyili Crosby, a Nigerian-born painter who has lived and worked in the United States for many years.

The prize – established by George Wein, a founder of the Newport Jazz Festival, in honor of his wife, Joyce Alexander Wein, a trustee of the museum who died in 2005 – has been given every year since 2006 to established or emerging African-American artists.

Ms. Crosby, 32, who recently moved to Los Angeles, has become known for large-scale paintings that depict African and American domestic scenes. The scenes are visually complicated with collage elements drawn from Nigerian lifestyle magazines, her own photo albums and the Internet, works that, as Smithsonian Magazinewrote, “explore a complex topic – the tug she feels between her adopted home in America and her native country.”

Ms. Crosby’s work has recently been featured in a solo show at the Hammer Museum in Los Angeles and was included in the New Museum’s 2015 Triennial. The prestigious Victoria Miro gallery in London began to represent Ms. Crosby earlier this year, and her work is now the subject of an exhibition at the gallery, organized by the critic Hilton Als.

Thelma Golden, the Studio Museum’s director, said Ms. Crosby was chosen because of her work’s “great innovation and promise” and also because she “truly represents the global nature of the Studio Museum’s mission and reach.”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/artsbeat/2015/10/26/wein-prize-is-awarded-to-a-nigerian-born-artist/?_r=0&referer=
...nice one,Ndi-Igbo representing everywhere...
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by Orikinla(m): 7:27pm On Oct 31, 2015
She is a genius.
She is an unusual multimedia artist.
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by Orikinla(m): 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
tellwisdom:
Why she dey look like person wey dey wait for food? sad
Her work is her life.
She is totally enraptured by the spirit of her art.

1 Like

Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by tsdarkside(m): 7:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
why is she drawing a picture,kneeling down to a white-devil??...the devil should be kneeling down to you!!!...

this woman is useless to me!!!....stvpid toto-idiot...thats why women should never lead,they just dont get it....useless as hell!!!.. angry angry

this is how it suppose to be......the black-woman will never understand....thats why we were thrown out of eden.....
we are the masters,they are the slaves...!!!!.... angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by bummyla(m): 10:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
Well Done Girl! GOD Bless You! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 31, 2015
She is doing Ndigbo proud while Awolowo's daughter is probably standing at Allen Avenue every night looking for customers tongue tongue
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by Africanbarbie(f): 11:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
Victoria,miss lec face, use dat link vote, and also invite your frnds to vote,share on facebook,twitter and ig lecmodels/fashions photos https://m.facebook.com/lecmodels/photos/a.581816118603037.1073741830.482744781843505/816159518502028/?type=3&source=56
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by kingdavidG(m): 1:18am On Nov 01, 2015
Daremee:

That your life is in a state of confusion and yields nothing is no one's fault my dear broda .
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by Nobody: 3:35am On Nov 01, 2015
sotall:
Is she married?

or is she available?
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:58am On Nov 01, 2015
Did any one look at the pics?

Black folks gathered round a white man, with one kneeling Down. undecided

This painter is an arse kisser angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by Tinyemeka(m): 8:35am On Nov 01, 2015
She paints almost 3D. I actually thought it was a real lady kneeling in the first pic.
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by Tinyemeka(m): 8:43am On Nov 01, 2015
I'd reply you with someone's sig:
IN the final analysis, the greatest loss to a family is not death, it is the presence of "efulefu" in the community...

tsdarkside:
why is she drawing a picture,kneeling down to a white-devil??...the devil should be kneeling down to you!!!...

this woman is useless to me!!!....stvpid toto-idiot...thats why women should never lead,they just dont get it....useless as hell!!!.. angry angry

this is how it suppose to be......the black-woman will never understand....thats why we were thrown out of eden.....
we are the masters,they are the slaves...!!!!.... angry angry angry angry
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 01, 2015
XBLadez:

Her works are beautiful but she's ugly. Is it a bad thing now to tell the truth?

My dear,its the stress of this project that made her look this way, if uve seen pple with project at hand, u'l understand. So try thinking b4 u talk nxt tym, coconut head!!!
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
Tinyemeka:
I'd reply you with someone's sig:
IN the final analysis, the greatest loss to a family is not death, it is the presence of "efulefu" in the community...

Have u ever heard of the book, she stooped to conquer? Ode!!!
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by MarryMeee: 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2015
XBLadez:
She's ugly
she has talent and thats something we are all sure you dont have
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by Tinyemeka(m): 6:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
maiahsaiah:

Have u ever heard of the book, she stooped to conquer? Ode!!!

If you had actually read and understood the book, you wouldn't use that as a reference.

And my last post was in reference to tsdarkside and not Ms Akunyili.
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
Tinyemeka:

If you had actually read and understood the book, you wouldn't use that as a reference.

And my last post was in reference to tsdarkside and not Ms Akunyili.

U sound confused, I pity u
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by Tinyemeka(m): 7:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
maiahsaiah:

U sound confused, I pity u
My dear, please respect yourself and stop insulting me, please.
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by YuckFou: 9:02am On Nov 04, 2015
[quote author=XBLadez post=39553754]She's ugly[/quot

She's very lovely to me. Exactly my type. As for you, transpose that Y and F in my moniker and that's my message to u.
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by XBLadez: 7:09pm On Nov 05, 2015
[quote author=YuckFou post=39665491][/quote]
Fvck you too
Re: Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award by XBLadez: 7:09pm On Nov 05, 2015
MarryMeee:
she has talent and thats something we are all sure you dont have
Like your mom

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebegbulem Promise Ebere Draws Femi Otedola (Photos) / Man Creates Sculpture Of Ambode, Tinubu With Human Hair (Photos) / Toyin Odutola Sells ‘Compound Leaf‘ For N215 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.