Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,836,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba (50067 Views)

Man Carrying Plantain On His Head & Riding His Bicycle In Aba While Hawking (Pho / Cow Attacks A Man And His Wife In Aba, Destroys Their Car (Pics) / African Stove Spotted (photo) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by MediaBlog(m): 6:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
koboko69:
This is a welcomed development. But more details should be given as per how fast or the thermal power of the stove....like do we have to wait for 2 hours to boil a pot of water or its just as fast as any other stove.

i persnally took this pics, i bet u, this boils lyk mad.. A fan connected close to a bunch of coal
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
madridguy:
The genius behind this deserves National award. This is incredible.

If you look closely, you'll see charcoal glowing in there...

The battery most likely certainly serves to power some kind of fan.
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Abdulmajee(m): 6:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
Denn:
This is a motorised charcoal stove

The motorised blower fan pulls in air from the duct above the blower and pushes it to the ignited charcoal. The forced air provides more oxygen and the charcoal burns faster.

If you look at the pictures clearly, you would see the charcoal burning

You just nailed it......it's just a blower instead of manual way of blowing the charcoal.
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by geloorrrrdd(m): 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
I fit cook moi-moi with am? abi na lorry battery I go join?
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by DuchessLily(f): 6:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
Truth be told; Aba pple (igbos ) are very creative

Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by CuteTj(m): 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
This is not intended to shoot down anyone's ideas or efforts but I must say that not all but most of the Aba made technology are not sustainable and will not set the world alight in this generation we are presently in.

I went to a pitching programme to seek funding for my business idea and I met another of igbo boys with various inventions/devices which were not theirs or are not sustainable thus were rejected by the panelists.

Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
The battery-stove was first made in Imo State before it came to the knowledge of Abians. The mechanism is that the set of batteries convert electric motion(torque) to a set of rotating blades through the pin beneath the cover that helps blow air to the charcoal underneath its chamber. We, Biafrans can modify it to standard. Give us our Freedom and you'll see the wonders you have never seen before. #FreeNnamdiKanu, #Biafra, #Biafra2015.

Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by kinibigdeal(m): 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by electronA1: 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
coal & batry power fan cooker, bt u try sha
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by MediaBlog(m): 6:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
martyns303:
People all over are endowed with certain talents, some people can sing, others can paint. The igbos are very creative, I can bet the person behind the idea do not posses a university degree.

Technically it wasn't the manufacturer who failed to take the pictures right, but the by-stander who took the pics.

The heating element is obviously a tungsten filament as can be seen from the picture, the question is, how was he able to use those batteries to power the heating element, is that small box some sort of inverter or not.

Worth looking into.

I personally took this pics and stil posted it, so i cn tell you.. No Heat, No smoke.. Jux Battery, A Connected Fan, and Coal. i can post the video if u wish
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by gretblue: 6:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
What's the cost effect of this especially when it involves the additional 3 Tiger batteries to run it.
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Franzinni: 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
There is no invention here all that is in that picture is...Infact make I take am for pigin,
1. Fan wey battery dey power
2. Normal charcoal stove (with charcoal )
3 . If you on the fan, e go dey blow the charcoal so the thing go stay red hot.
4. If battery die, you coming the fan carry hand fan continue
So OP stop posting ... Miss post, nor make me provoke here!

Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by ufelove(m): 6:08pm On Oct 31, 2015
The cost of cooking a derica of rice will be more than using kerosene stove tho.. Impressive
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by obailala(m): 6:08pm On Oct 31, 2015
MuamarGaddaffi:

Are you an Engineer? Dont say its impossible because you are ignorant of the principle applied.
Someone doesnt really have to be an engineer by training to know some basic engineering laws. Even 1000 tiger head batteries cannot cook 2-minute noodles; the person you quoted is obviously not the ignorant one as you claim.

An explanation has been given as to how that stove works, it is a normal charcoal stove, but instead of the hand fan that our boli and roasted corn sellers use to fan the charcoal to make it burn faster/hotter, the producer of this stove has fitted a battery powered fan to fan the charcoal, thereby making the 'normal' charcoal stove more efficient. A brilliant idea though.

Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by lomprico(m): 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
Denn:

The motorised blower fan pulls in air from the duct above the blower and pushes it to the ignited charcoal. The forced air provides more oxygen and the charcoal burns faster.

Its d hot plat coil. Too much amala n palm oil with boiled tomatoes have affected ur eyes.

Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by dsmartj(m): 6:12pm On Oct 31, 2015
Inovason for we contribute
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by flokii: 6:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
hehehehehhee... grin grin

Igbo kwenu!!!... brilliant minds

Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by SeanDada1(m): 6:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
AsSabirin:
how is this sustainable?

from what i read up there, its not possible for it to be more efficient than the traditional kerosine.
except the battery is just to create spark for the wood or kerosine. thats the ONLY way it can last!

Make u dey there dey speak English....

Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by shugaba7(m): 6:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ingenious creativity! I would only ask if the Tiger batteries can be replaced with rechargeable batteries to make the energy renewable and to optimize cost. Kudos Mazi.
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by step272: 6:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
And north and Yoruba will be talking nonsense whenever Biafra is mentioned,continue to wait for oil money.do America and EU countries started with oil, don't empower yourself to be creative.anytime Biafr is mentioned their goes to oil.

Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by chisabones: 6:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
Denn:

YOU SABI JARE!!!
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by chuggy(m): 6:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by CIMA129: 6:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
abeg, una don start again
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by ThundrCork(m): 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
Denn:

Your head dey there
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by YaksonFCA(m): 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2015
No wonder they are agitating for Biafra.
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Omotayor123(f): 6:25pm On Oct 31, 2015
Seun:
There's a reason why they didn't show us where the heat is coming from in the pics.
My thought exactly! How can such battery bring power? How does it work? Is the Tiger battery the only source of power it uses

More explanation should be given.
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Omotayor123(f): 6:27pm On Oct 31, 2015
Denn:

Oh... Tnx for that. Now I get!
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Etizz: 6:32pm On Oct 31, 2015
What I understand is dat, it is a coal stove, the aim of dat battery is to power a motor, and thereby, a blade dat can blow breeze while d motor is turning is attached to the rotor or shaft of the electrical motor, so the motor turns when d switch is closed, and the breeze generated while d motor is rotating blows d coal so as for it to keep burning........ But am still not clear.
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Denn(m): 6:35pm On Oct 31, 2015
Okpueze1:

How did you know that the light you saw under is coming from a charcoal? You didn't hear that it doesn't emit smoke?

So clean charcol emits visible smoke?

So where is the 'light' coming from? Nuclear reactors?

Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Abbey24(m): 6:38pm On Oct 31, 2015
Dont be deceived dat stove run with coal nd the battery is use to power the fan dat fan it, infact it is not stove par say rather advance coal pot
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Denn(m): 6:39pm On Oct 31, 2015
lomprico:

Its d hot plat coil. Too much amala n palm oil with boiled tomatoes have affected ur eyes.

Eyaaaaa.

Despite all the funds spent on schooling you, you believe a couple of 1.5 volts battery connected whether in series or parallel will power a resistive coil with so much energy that a pot placed on it will boil water?

If I were your parent, I would ask for full refund with interest

Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
Flashh:
That's not possible. They were only using the light to charge the battery.

Charcoal is burning there. That's a big lie from Aba.
how can you charge a non-rechargeable battery? Which kind brain you get abeg?...bros I beg you to tell me the kind of matter in your brain.

See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight / Who Contributes More To The Society: Doctors Or Teachers??? / What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive?