Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

4 Types Of Sins That Prove That There Are Big Sins And Little Sins - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Types Of Sins That Prove That There Are Big Sins And Little Sins (7010 Views)

Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! / Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Types Of Sins That Prove That There Are Big Sins And Little Sins by 360FLG: 8:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
I have often heard people say that it doesn’t matter what sin you commit because everyone sins and all sins are equal. In my study of the bible, I have discovered that there are certain sins which are more grievous in the sight of God. Read on to see the four types of sin that prove that not all sins are equal.

1. The Sin Against The body
Who remembers that song we were all taught as kids: “I will never steal from my mommies pot, tell lies to daddy, beat up my younger ones…”, clearly the idea was to teach us the different kinds of sins we should not commit; however, the song says nothing about sinning against one’s own body. Fornication, adultery and other fruits of lust, have almost become accepted as the norm in our society and you would be hard pressed to name two or three Hollywood movies that do not have extremely explicit scenes in them.

What’s the big deal though? If people can tell lies and God forgives them, then surely sexual sins are no different, right? Wrong!

The bible also refers to this category of sin as sin against the body. At this point you might be wondering what’s so bad about sinning against your own body, after all it is your own body, right? Wrong again! Remember the bible says we have been bought with a price and our bodies are meant to be the temple of the Most High God!! In 1st Cor 3:17, the bible makes a solemn declaration that ought to send shivers down the spine of any right-thinking person: "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are". Need I say more?

2. Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit. (Matt 12:21)
We must be careful in our words at all times. The bible says where words are many, sin is not absent. In particular, when discussing Christian topics and men of God, I think extra caution must be applied. This is because when the Pharisees accused Jesus of working miracles by dubious powers, Jesus replied with a very stern warning that anyone who blasphemes against the Father, the Son and any other man would be forgiven but blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. Cut out the irreverent jokes now!

3. The sin that leads to death (1 John 5:17)
The bible does not specify exactly what this sin is in the chapter and verse where it is quoted, but we already know that sexual sins and the sin of blasphemy are two types of sins that will have consequences that are best avoided.

What this verse of scripture does prove, conclusively, is that different types of sin do differ in gravity.

4. The Sin of Falling Away
Many people believe that once saved, you can never lose your salvation. This suggests then that the Christian is free to do as he or she wishes? But Paul is emphatically clear on this point and in Hebrews 6:4-6, he says it impossible for mature Christians who fall away to be restored.Also, concerning deliberate sin, Paul has this to say:

"If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know Him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge His people.”It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

Lot’s of Christians seem to think that they may simply take a break from living the Christ-like life and do as the world does whenever they feel like it. This behavior is prevalent and apparent in practically every university or tertiary institution, where the behavior of many young Christians takes a drastic U-turn for the worse, the moment daddies, mommies, uncles and aunties are not around to be shocked by what their eyes might see.

Ecclesiastes 11:9 gives this advice specifically to young people: “Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment”. In other words, go ahead and turn up but just remember you will have to answer to God for all your actions.

Brethren, all sins are sin but these four categories of sins will have very serious consequences for people who commit them. So the next time you hear someone attempt to justify their wrong deeds by saying that all sins are the same, please don’t hesitate to explain to them why this may not be so. You might just save a life.

Source: http://360forlifeandgodliness..com/
Re: 4 Types Of Sins That Prove That There Are Big Sins And Little Sins by HARDDON: 8:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
When it comes to sensitive topics like this, my mind cant help but wander to d murderers that repents and live freely ever after.

David a man after God's heart? Wow!
Paul the greatest new testament preacher? Whoo!
Prodigal son forgiven? Wheeps!

And the list goes on.....

But the bottom line is, God's ways aint ours , and a truely repentant soul he cant cast out.

NB: no matter how large ur wrong r, a loving father he is, just whisper im sorry Lord n move on. Dont dwell on it for the devil wud always wano accuse u with same simply remind him uve been forgiven n he cant do notin abt it. Dont ever let him make u close ur mouth, closed mouths = closed destinies
Re: 4 Types Of Sins That Prove That There Are Big Sins And Little Sins by ElDaIllest(m): 8:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
What about tweaking to get mobile data,vaseline republic on NL,the list goes on...
Re: 4 Types Of Sins That Prove That There Are Big Sins And Little Sins by Kgdavid(m): 8:38pm On Oct 31, 2015
HARDDON:
When it comes to sensitive topics like this, my mind cant help but wander to d murderers that repents are live freely ever after.

David a man after God's heart? Wow!
Paul the greatest new testament preacher? Whoo!
Prodigal son forgiven? Wheeps!

And the list goes on.....

But the bottom line is, God's ways aint ours , and a truely repentant soul he cant cast out.

NB: no matter how large ur wrong r, just whisper im sorry Lord n move on. Dont dwell on it.

lool..true true...but I think when you think about it, there are always consequences for sin, even though God might forgive you.

For instance, using the individuals you mentioned,

1. David: he was pursued by his own son, who defiled his bed by taking one of his wives (if i remember correctly)
2. Paul: although i can't say i know this for a fact, but i've often wondered if the hardships Paul went through were in part the consequences of his persecution of Christians. Also, Paul repented and never went back to persecuting Christians. This is an important point.
3. The prodigal son: forgiven, yes, but without any further inheritance.

Also don't forget of people like Esau of whom the bible says when he repented and even sought after his inheritance with tears, it could not be found. Sin has real consequences bro.

(1) (Reply)

Should A Good Christian Drink Alcohol? / Why Do You Go To Church? / If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.