Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Creation Vs. Evolution - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Creation Vs. Evolution (6935 Views)

Creation Vs Evolution. Were there really cavemen? What does the bible says? / Creation Vs Evolution: / Pope: Creation Vs. Evolution An ‘absurdity’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creation Vs. Evolution by GJames(m): 7:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
In much of the scientific and educational community today, evolution is the main view given for the origin of life and the universe. I want to believe this but can't due to the following reasons:
1. The teaching of evolution is not truly scientific. According to science, all conclusions must be based on indisputable evidence. The evidence must come from experiments that can be duplicated or repeated over and over with the same end results. However, no experiments could test and prove assumptions like the ''big bang'' theory, nor can it be proven that living things developed gradually from the simplest to the most complex forms( this point defies the second law of thermodynamics that describes how physical matter tends toward disorder-not higher order-as it changes.)
2. Change and development will occur within various species. For example, we occasionally see new developments or mutations within species. But there is no evidence, not even in earth history or fossil records which supports the theory that one kind of living thing ever evolved from another kind.
3. The order of the solar system cannot happen by chance. Lets say there's an explosion and out of it came the Sun, the Stars, the nine planets with their natural satelites (e.g. Moon). These planets decided on their own to revolve in elliptical orbit arround the Sun in anti-clockwise direction (except Neptune).
I can't consider these things and still believe in evolution, this is like having faith in human theory. I am a baby Christian who knows very little about his religion, but i would rather believe in a God i know nothing of than to believe i evolved from an Amoeba. Lets discuss this. Mod abeg frontpage

3 Likes

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by Psylas(m): 7:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
Evolution is the mechanism God used to create things

3 Likes

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by GJames(m): 9:48am On Sep 07, 2014
Psylas: Evolution is the mechanism God used to create things
Could you please elaborate.
Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by Psylas(m): 10:48am On Sep 07, 2014
GJames:
Could you please elaborate.
everything came into existence through evolution, why some say there is no God is that, the bein or thing that is behind the existence of the Universe is unknown, the Originator of the universe is unknown, it has no facts and anything that has no facts is not real, religion and science can't explain It/Him/She. Christians muslims and others are not worshiping the Originator of the Universe, they are just following some blind super-natural beins. Something must be behind our existence but it's unknown, if you can believe God came from nowhere and started creating thing, why can't you believe that the Universe came on its own from nowhere? Theologians are not intelligent than scientists, they are ignorant criminals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 07, 2014
GJames: In much of the scientific and educational community today, evolution is the main view given for the origin of life and the universe.

That is wrong! Evolution is not an attempt to explain the origin of life and the Universe.

3 Likes

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by GJames(m): 11:12am On Sep 07, 2014
It is actually difficult to believe in a God whose origin i can't explain, but i find it even harder to believe that this complex beign (man) evolved from a unicellular organism.

1 Like

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by GJames(m): 11:19am On Sep 07, 2014
striktlymi:

That is wrong! Evolution is not an attempt to explain the origin of life and the Universe.
If you know of a different theory about life's origin, why not share it.

1 Like

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 07, 2014
GJames:

For the second time...evolution is not a theory about the origin of life.

3 Likes

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by plaetton: 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
GJames: In much of the scientific and educational community today, evolution is the main view given for the origin of life and the universe. I want to believe this but can't due to the following reasons:
1. The teaching of evolution is not truly scientific. According to science, all conclusions must be based on indisputable evidence. The evidence must come from experiments that can be duplicated or repeated over and over with the same end results. However, no experiments could test and prove assumptions like the ''big bang'' theory, nor can it be proven that living things developed gradually from the simplest to the most complex forms( this point defies the second law of thermodynamics that describes how physical matter tends toward disorder-not higher order-as it changes.)
2. Change and development will occur within various species. For example, we occasionally see new developments or mutations within species. But there is no evidence, not even in earth history or fossil records which supports the theory that one kind of living thing ever evolved from another kind.
3. The order of the solar system cannot happen by chance. Lets say there's an explosion and out of it came the Sun, the Stars, the nine planets with their natural satelites (e.g. Moon). These planets decided on their own to revolve in elliptical orbit arround the Sun in anti-clockwise direction (except Neptune).
I can't consider these things and still believe in evolution, this is like having faith in human theory. I am a baby Christian who knows very little about his religion, but i would rather believe in a God i know nothing of than to believe i evolved from an Amoeba. Lets discuss this. Mod abeg frontpage

From the all the above , it is obvious that you have no basic understanding of the mechanics of the universe.
Your write-up is much too juvenile to even warrant a rebuttal.
It is unfortunate that you are celebrating your ignorance in public.

The important thing is that you very free to believe in the invisible sky-fairy. It make no difference to the universe, as long as you don't pass that stone-age blindness to the young or any other person for that matter.

The theory of evolution is accepted by more 90% of the world's leading scientists. It is a theory that has not been scientifically refuted in over 150yrs since it was put together, rather, every modern branch of science such as genetics has confirmed the theory proposed 150yrs ago.

Therefore, the ignorant opinions of semi-primitive people that are beholden to stone-age superstitions on the topic of evolution are highly IRRELEVANT and hardly warrants a response.

7 Likes

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by macof(m): 2:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
GJames:

The theory of the origin of life is Biogenesis, change in biomechanics of an organism is evolution

1 Like

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by oyewolestephen(m): 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2014
An interesting topic that I have been salivating for all this while... Mod please this is front page ingredients do it Shap Shap
Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by GJames(m): 9:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
macof:

The theory of the origin of life is Biogenesis, change in biomechanics of an organism is evolution
Biogenesis talks about life generating from an already existing life.
Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by GJames(m): 9:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
plaetton:

From the all the above , it is obvious that you have no basic understanding of the mechanics of the universe.
Your write-up is much too juvenile to even warrant a rebuttal.
It is unfortunate that you are celebrating your ignorance in public.

The important thing is that you very free to believe in the invisible sky-fairy. It make no difference to the universe, as long as you don't pass that stone-age blindness to the young or any other person for that matter.

The theory of evolution is accepted by more 90% of the world's leading scientists. It is a theory that has not been scientifically refuted in over 150yrs since it was put together, rather, every modern branch of science such as genetics has confirmed the theory proposed 150yrs ago.

Therefore, the ignorant opinions of semi-primitive people that are beholden to stone-age superstitions on the topic of evolution are highly IRRELEVANT and hardly warrants a response.
90% of the World's scientists accepting it does not make it truth, there was a time when almost all philosphers, wise men and even scientists of the dark ages believed the earth was flat. To you God doesn't exist because you can't see him, feel him, or figure his origin, i can't either, but evolution has done nothing to explain the origin of Man whether 99% of the scientists in the World accept it. Feel free to prove my post wrong bit by bit without insulting me

1 Like

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by plaetton: 10:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
GJames:
90% of the World's scientists accepting it does not make it truth, there was a time when almost all philosphers, wise men and even scientists of the dark ages believed the earth was flat. To you God doesn't exist because you can't see him, feel him, or figure his origin, i can't either, but evolution has done nothing to explain the origin of Man whether 99% of the scientists in the World accept it. Feel free to prove my post wrong bit by bit without insulting me
No scientists believed that the world was flat.
The dark ages meant an era where scientific enquiry was subdued and church dictated what was true or false.
So t was churchmen that held that the earth was flat.

2 Likes

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by GJames(m): 10:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
plaetton:
No scientists believed that the world was flat.
The dark ages meant an era where scientific enquiry was subdued and church dictated what was true or false.
So t was churchmen that held that the earth was flat.
How can church men call the Earth flat when the Bible had described the Earth as spherical and hanging on nothing
Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by Ghost01(m): 10:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
@OP - Take a look into the Boeing - focusing more on the technological advancements that defines each aircraft model in the series. That's evolution! We are creatures of nature; we also embodies it - create things that follows the NATURAL pattern. Again, consider the changes that human beings undergo from the formation of the foetus to old age. If that's not evolution, I don't know what is.

3 Likes

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by Ghost01(m): 10:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
GJames:
How can church men call the Earth flat when the Bible had described the Earth as spherical and hanging on nothing
Again, when looking at EVOLUTION, don't focus only on the Science vs Theology debate. Take a look into history, in the broad sense, too. Read extensively, and observe.

1 Like

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by plaetton: 10:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
GJames:
Go and ask your Churchmen.

Secondly, the theory of evolution is not about
the origins of life. You have been corrected twice, but still don't have a firm grasp of what you're arguing against. That's a great folly.

Every scientific observation in biology over the past 150yrs has corroborated and supported the theory of evolution.
That is good enough for the world that I live in, until, of course, you present something better.

Your sky fairy exists in the realms of hashish induced nightmares and acid trips.

1 Like

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by Liekiller(f): 11:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
GJames: In much of the scientific and educational community today, evolution is the main view given for the origin of life and the universe. I want to believe this but can't due to the following reasons:

Most of your questions have nothing to do with evolution. The Big Bang has NOTHING to do with evolution. Your other questions that are about evolution are answered quite well here http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/15-answers-to-creationist/

1 Like

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by GJames(m): 1:27am On Sep 08, 2014
May i ask how you all came to accept evolution. It seems you all just accepted it because you can't accept creationism and not because you 've seen evolution at work. You 've never witnessed an animal growing longer necks for stretching to eat something beyond its reach neither have you seen a Snake transforming into an alligator, you just accept it because scientists (who can't even physically prove it) say it is so.

2 Likes

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by macof(m): 1:28am On Sep 08, 2014
GJames:
Biogenesis talks about life generating from an already existing life.

grin grin illiterate, you just displaying how education in Nigeria is a failure as religion seems to be the only thing worth the nations attention

3 Likes

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by Zikdik(m): 6:28am On Sep 08, 2014
GJames: May i ask how you all came to accept evolution. It seems you all just accepted it because you can't accept creationism and not because you 've seen evolution at work. You 've never witnessed an animal growing longer necks for stretching to eat something beyond its reach neither have you seen a Snake transforming into an alligator, you just accept it because scientists (who can't even physically prove it) say it is so.
Hopeless!
Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by GJames(m): 9:09am On Sep 08, 2014
Instead of insulting me, why not enlighten me. If it seems to you that i know nothing about evolution, why not tutor me. And please don't links me to any site. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by Liekiller(f): 9:17am On Sep 08, 2014
GJames: May i ask how you all came to accept evolution. It seems you all just accepted it because you can't accept creationism and not because you 've seen evolution at work. You 've never witnessed an animal growing longer necks for stretching to eat something beyond its reach neither have you seen a Snake transforming into an alligator, you just accept it because scientists (who can't even physically prove it) say it is so.

Let me try give you a reasonable answer. "We all" have come to accept evolution because there is overwhelming evidence (http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/what-evidence-supports-the-theory-of-evolution.html). Your idea of evolution has nothing to do with evolution as science sees it nowadays. Animals growing longer necks and then allegedly passing the trait on to the next generation is NOT evolution. That is an old and totally outdated idea from the 18th/19th c. AD by Lamarck (http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/history_09). You should at least try to seriously understand evolution before you attempt to discuss it. I would also recommend you try to understand that evolution is not a belief and not a religion. It's based on overwhelming scientific evidence. You seem to be afraid that accepting evolution may in some way interfere with your belief in God. It won't. Evolution is not anti-religion. It just has nothing at all to do with religion. It might teach you not to take the bible word by word though, but you don't do that anyway, do you? Or do you stone people to death for ridiculous reasons? You have no problem accepting a God without evidence, and yet you desperately try to claim that there is no evidence for evolution without having learnt about it. That makes no sense. It would make sense to LEARN about it first. Yes, it will take some time and effort, but all learning does. Try this site for example http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/0_0_0/evo_toc_01
I read that you don't want to be linked to any sites. Sorry, you'll just have to put up with that. I doubt any of us has the time to spell out a huge field of knowledge for you here. So please just go through the effort of educating yourself a bit and ask specific questions when they arise smiley

2 Likes

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by GJames(m): 9:18am On Sep 08, 2014
macof:

grin grin illiterate, you just displaying how education in Nigeria is a failure as religion seems to be the only thing worth the nations attention
Abiogenesis is the theory of the origin of life and not Biogenesis as you earlier stated.
Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by plaetton: 2:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
macof:

Oh gosh! I am so ashamed.

He is asking if anyone has seen an animal growing longer necks.

This same religiotard believes in talking snakes, talking donkeys, walking zombies, unicorns and h.o.rny holy spirit.

1 Like

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by plaetton: 2:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
GJames: Instead of insulting me, why no enlighten me. If it seems to you that i know nothing about evolution, why not tutor me. And please don't links me to any site. Thank you

You don't want to be linked to any site, but you want to be educated here on Nairaland the same way they teach you in church.

Now we know that you are a lazy learner.

1 Like

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by davien(m): 2:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
I suggest reading up on "speciation events" and "ring species"....to learn about evolution...
Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by GJames(m): 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
plaetton:

You don't want to be linked to any site, but you want to be educated here on Nairaland the same way they teach you in church.

Now we know that you are a lazy learner.
Unwilling to teach in your own words. Aren't you the lazy teacher
Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by GJames(m): 3:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ghost01: @OP - Take a look into the Boeing - focusing more on the technological advancements that defines each aircraft model in the series. That's evolution! We are creatures of nature; we also embodies it - create things that follows the NATURAL pattern. Again, consider the changes that human beings undergo from the formation of the foetus to old age. If that's not evolution, I don't know what is.
Were the airplanes not designed? Did they get advanced by the law of nature?

1 Like

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by plaetton: 3:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
GJames:

You cannot learn evolution by first arguing against it on NL.
No sir.
This is the age of information. Take your sweet time with all the resources available on the subject.
It is really that simple.
It is not a religion.
It is a scientific theory just like the germ theory, the theory of gravitation, etc etc.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Creation Vs. Evolution by Liekiller(f): 3:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
GJames:

Even though you were not addressing me with this let me point out that I provided you with a number of useful links earlier which you apparently chose to ignore for reasons that I fail to understand. Why would you expect others to waste hours re-writing all the information that already exists? Either you want to learn or you don't. If you do, read.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apostle Joshua Selman Expose The Secret To His Miracles,signs And Wonders / Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? / Did African Religions Need To Be Substituted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.