Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men (2732 Views)

Lord's Chosen Members In Warri Sit On Wet Ground During Publicity . Photos / Mbaka Blasts Buhari: People Are Dying Of Hunger, Buhari Should Sit Up (Video) / Igbos Should Go & Sit Down,Biafra Dead & Buried, Not Achievable: Apostle Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by basilico: 7:26am On Nov 01, 2015
I go to church and sit anywhere. Between women as long as its a seat. In a mosque men sit infront and women behind them. Why? Machoism or Allah orders?
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by Thawarplay(m): 7:33am On Nov 01, 2015
Who knows?
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by delishpot: 7:35am On Nov 01, 2015
I see no big deal in it sha. Even if they sat in front, people will still talk.
Besides, some churches segregate too. Men and women dont sit together. Plus in churches we have chairs and each persin sits in his or her own space. Mosques they sit on the floor and huddle clise to each other.
Me I see no big deal in it. But that is my own opinion.

1 Like

Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by lastmessenger: 7:35am On Nov 01, 2015
searching the quoran for answer. give me some time please.

1 Like

Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 01, 2015
Their women aren't complaining, why you?

1 Like

Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by youngsky: 7:43am On Nov 01, 2015
ask google, follow www.twitter.com/iam_starcute to get followed back
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by divinehand2003(m): 7:46am On Nov 01, 2015
Go ask interview the Sultan or Emir or Islamic cleric and your eyes will be opened.
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by basilico: 7:49am On Nov 01, 2015
I'll quote Turkish President Erdogan

“The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets,
the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers...

―Recep Tayyip Erdogan
* Source/Notes:

He was a mayor then in 1998.
I posit that if a mosque is a barrack then it makes sense for women as non combatants to sit behind the army of men

Why can't western leaders spend all their energy and intelligence assets to query what goes on in mosques.
Why don't the western leaders stop spreading the lie that " Islam is a religion of peace, No religion teaches violence, ISIS is not Islamic "
?
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by Funminicrown: 7:49am On Nov 01, 2015
That's where they belong....Shikena!
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by kolomax(m): 7:52am On Nov 01, 2015
you are wondering why
women would be lined up behind men, that's nothing to
do with showing less respect but actually respect to
their being. Muslims pray with actions, such as bowing,
as well as prostrating so you could imagine how men
would react to a lady in front of them bowing so it will definitely distract them.. Also many people don't know that
Muslim women are not obliged to pray at the mosque.
This is nothing but a great example of how Islam
shows respect and appreciation to women by making
conducting a prayer much easier than for a man who is
more obliged to conduct the prayer at a mosque. Some
women are pregnant, others would be living far away
without the ability to drive or walk alone to a mosque,
elderly women have more things to take care of at
home, and therefore again Islam takes all these factors
into consideration.

4 Likes

Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by Godmother(f): 7:52am On Nov 01, 2015
A muslim friend I have said its because women sitting in front could be a distraction during prayer. As in, when they bow to make their prayers, the sight of the women's bum-bum in the air right in front of the man's eyes could cause him to forget prayers and concentrate on it instead.
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by mrhipup(m): 7:53am On Nov 01, 2015
delishpot:
Besides, some churches segregate too. Men and women dont sit together. Plus in churches we have chairs and each persin sits in his or her own space. Mosques they sit on the floor and huddle clise to each other.
nicely said
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by basilico: 7:58am On Nov 01, 2015
kolomax:
you are wondering why
would react to a lady in front of them bowing so it will definitely distract them

You can't worship or supplicate when you see a woman's bum bum infront of you.
What annuls prayer ,a woman or a dog?
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by Junior66(m): 8:01am On Nov 01, 2015
delishpot:
simple question to answer you are going back and forth about what some churches do and what some other churches do not and ended up not even answering the question. Peace bro.
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by basilico: 8:01am On Nov 01, 2015
Godmother:
A muslim friend I have said its because women sitting in front could be a distraction during prayer. As in, when they bow to make their prayers, the sight of the women's bum-bum in the air right in front of the man's eyes could cause him to forget prayers and concentrate on it instead.

Is Islmam built on sexxx?
Think so.
Then it must be a fake.

1 Like

Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by Junior66(m): 8:03am On Nov 01, 2015
chukingchuks:
Their women aren't complaining, why you?
if you cant answer the OP's question why dnt you shut up? People like you will still be the first to cry foul when your freedom of speech is taken away. The OP is free to ask any question he/she chooses. Good day.

1 Like

Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by delishpot: 8:04am On Nov 01, 2015
Junior66:
simple question to answer you are going back and forth about what some churches do and what some other churches do not and ended up not even answering the question. Peace bro.
My answer? E nor concern you
No be everybody must sit as you dey sit for church.
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by Khd95(m): 8:04am On Nov 01, 2015
Conji no dy respect anyman anywhere,if women line beside men or infront of men,men could get distracted nd loose concentration.

Allah nos better
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by Junior66(m): 8:06am On Nov 01, 2015
kolomax:
you are wondering why
would react to a lady in front of them bowing so it will definitely distract them.. Also many people don't know that
Muslim women are not obliged to pray at the mosque.
This is nothing but a great example of how Islam
shows respect and appreciation to women by making
conducting a prayer much easier than for a man who is
more obliged to conduct the prayer at a mosque. Some
women are pregnant, others would be living far away
without the ability to drive or walk alone to a mosque,
elderly women have more things to take care of at
home, and therefore again Islam takes all these factors
into consideration.
I am a christian but i love and agree with your response.
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by fulaniHERDSman(m): 8:06am On Nov 01, 2015
Ignorance is a disease.
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by kimond101: 8:08am On Nov 01, 2015
During the early days when the prayer was instituted, they would shout out to each other during the prayer, ‘how far are you? How many cycles/rakats have you completed’. Men would wink at women and even grab them. It was the Prophets wife, Safiyyah (the daughter of Huyayy ibn Akhtab, chief of the Banu Nadir) who complained to the Prophet because some of the Bedouins would wink and grabbed the ladies during Salah. This was the reason for the prophet (peace be upon him) saying, ‘Men should stand in front during prayer and females should stand at the back, while children are in between’.

The reason for this is twofold,

a) Men were not disciplined and b) Women were disciplined.

For some strange reason we tend to believe that woman at the back in prayer means they are lower and less deserving and men have power. If you think about it, when we were younger and in school, the disciplined students would sit at the back while those who were a bit rowdy would sit right in front.

Initially, at the Masjid al-Nabawi, men and women would enter the mosque through the same door. When this caused overcrowding on entrances and exits, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said ‘It would be better if this door (in the Holy City) is left for women.’

Upon saying so, the men made that door for women, and it became known up until today as “The Women’s Door” or Bab al-Nisa.

And Allah knows best,

Source: Muhammad Allie Khalfe.
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by basilico: 8:08am On Nov 01, 2015
Mahdhino,tartar,rilwaiyne,vedaxcool, empirelee, etc please answer me. Why do women sit behind men in a mosque during prayers?
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by Junior66(m): 8:10am On Nov 01, 2015
delishpot:

My answer? E nor concern you
No be everybody must sit as you dey sit for church.
as long as you post your opinions here then it is everybody's concern. You just assumed the OP is looking for trouble and proceeded to give him a very lazy reply. Must you comment on the post?
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by kolomax(m): 8:10am On Nov 01, 2015
basilico:

You can't worship or supplicate when you see a woman's bum bum infront of you.
What annuls prayer ,a woman or a dog?
just imagine you seeing a woman bum during prayer won't you have an attention Once you have that you need to perform another ablution but if a dog touches you, you need to change the clothes completely
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by yanabasee(m): 8:17am On Nov 01, 2015
What sense will it make for a man to look at a woman's bum bum while praying?
What's prayer?
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by basilico: 8:22am On Nov 01, 2015
kolomax:
just imagine you seeing a woman bum during prayer won't you have an attention Once you have that you need to perform another ablution but if a dog touches you, you need to change the clothes completely

The prophet instructed his followers on how to pray. Wash your hands,feet and do some raqqa while prostrating with your arse facing to mecca.
As a Christian I only bow my head and close my eyes during prayer. Catholics don't have to close their eyes.

When praying why should I be distracted by a woman? Why should I be praying if a woman's bum bum will distract me?
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by Adesiji77: 8:30am On Nov 01, 2015
Godmother:

LOL grin lipsrsealed
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by Godmother(f): 8:35am On Nov 01, 2015
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by basilico: 8:37am On Nov 01, 2015
yanabasee:
What sense will it make for a man to look at a woman's bum bum while praying?

What's prayer?

Seems like Islam is built on how to avoid tempting men into sex.
Consensual or forced (rape)
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by Owliver(m): 8:56am On Nov 01, 2015
they are lesser being. thats why in saudi arabia four women must admit against a crime in a court in order to refute the claim of "one man" lol that happens cos like the koran says, the female intellegence is half a man's.... grin
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by Owliver(m): 8:58am On Nov 01, 2015
basilico:

Seems like Islam is built on how to avoid tempting men into sex.
Consensual or forced (rape)

thats how men escape rape in islamic countries. once they lie that the women didnt cover their bodies properly the women are in turn purnished for "seducing" the men. lol grin
Re: Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men by basilico: 9:09am On Nov 01, 2015
Owliver:
they are lesser being. thats why in saudi arabia four women must admit against a crime in a court in order to refute the claim of "one man" lol that happens cos like the koran says, the female intellegence is half a man's.... grin

Let me educate you on this.
The Islam prophet marries a nine old gal when he was 54 years old. One night during a raid she lost her necklace. cShe left the caravan to look for it. She was found by a young stud whom they spent the night and returned to Mecca the following morning. Some people said she had an affair.
Allah revealed a verse that for a woman to be charged of unconsensual sexxxx act she must produce four witnesses.

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Argument That God Does Not Exist. / Obvious Error Of Comprehension In The Qur'an / The Dark Secrets Of The Vatican Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.