Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,641 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Virus On My Screen Whenever I Visit Nairaland. Help - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Virus On My Screen Whenever I Visit Nairaland. Help (905 Views)

Please Help Me, Whenever I Post On NL, My Link Will Always Block By Anti-spam / Why Do You Always Visit Nairaland? / Top 10 Reasons Why You Visit Nairaland First Before Other Sites ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virus On My Screen Whenever I Visit Nairaland. Help by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 01, 2015
Eachtime I visit Nairaland on my android phone, I always see a small circular shape jumping from left to right cry
That's it on the right on the screenshot attached. What's it all about.. Seun what does it mean or is it mearnt to chase us away.

Re: Virus On My Screen Whenever I Visit Nairaland. Help by Mathematical(f): 12:05pm On Nov 01, 2015
Thats not a virus.. got it on my screen too..guess it's a typical advert thingy
Re: Virus On My Screen Whenever I Visit Nairaland. Help by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2015
The floating button is an ad from one of your installed apps.
Re: Virus On My Screen Whenever I Visit Nairaland. Help by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
Mathematical:
Thats not a virus.. got it on my screen too..guess it's a typical advert thingy
ha.. What type of advert is that, that sometimes covers what am reading and always appears when ever I visist nairaland. Anyway make I just de manage am.
Re: Virus On My Screen Whenever I Visit Nairaland. Help by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 01, 2015
Karmanaut:
The floating button is an ad from one of your installed apps.
I don't think its from my installed app. I only see it when I visit Nairaland and somehow not cool to see.
Re: Virus On My Screen Whenever I Visit Nairaland. Help by Mathematical(f): 12:29pm On Nov 01, 2015
Blured:
ha.. What type of advert is that, that sometimes covers what am reading and always appears when ever I visist nairaland. Anyway make I just de manage am.

Ever noticed that it's just on nairaland..
Re: Virus On My Screen Whenever I Visit Nairaland. Help by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2015
Blured:
I don't think its from my installed app. I only see it when I visit Nairaland and somehow not cool to see.
Nairaland does not have that kind of ads.
The only ads you see are at the top and bottom of the screen.
Re: Virus On My Screen Whenever I Visit Nairaland. Help by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 01, 2015
Karmanaut:

Nairaland does not have that kind of ads.
The only ads you see are at the top and bottom of the screen.
Try visiting Nairaland on an android phone and see for yourself. It's exclusive to Nairaland only grin
Re: Virus On My Screen Whenever I Visit Nairaland. Help by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 01, 2015
Blured:
Try visiting Nairaland on an android phone and see for yourself.
Wow.
All this time I've been visiting it from a Nokia 3310.
It's exclusive to Nairaland only grin
Check all the apps installed on your device.
What's your device's model number?
Re: Virus On My Screen Whenever I Visit Nairaland. Help by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2015
Karmanaut:

Wow.
All this time I've been visiting it from a Nokia 3310.

Check all the apps installed on your device.
What's your device's model number?
like which app should it be and non of the admin is saying anything so that I know if its from them or from my phone..

My model number is Infinix- X551
Re: Virus On My Screen Whenever I Visit Nairaland. Help by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 01, 2015
Blured:
like which app should it be
Any app that has push ads.
"Airpush" was the original such service, and so this is commonly referred to as "Airpush spam". As well as notification ads, this method has been used to place shortcuts on users' homescreens or change browser settings, e.g. redirect homepages.

In addition to being more intrusive than in-app advertising, it is also insidious because it does not tell you which app is pushing the advert.

People have reported that there is usually a delay between the app being installed and the adverts first appearing, making identification of the culprit more difficult.

Download Ad Away app, or Dr Web from the playstore to check your installed apps for air push notifications/ads.

and non of the admin is saying anything so that I know if its from them or from my phone..

My model number is Infinix- X551
If you want to see if Nairaland is guilty or not you can view its source code.
Some web browsers enable you do this.
Google Chrome does this in its PC version, I don't know if it can be done in the mobile version .
Or you can download Atlas browser, it enables you to check the source code of any web page.
Re: Virus On My Screen Whenever I Visit Nairaland. Help by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
Alright but how about the lady above that said she gets it on her screen too when she visits nairaland. We can't be experiencing the same problem at the same time undecided
Re: Virus On My Screen Whenever I Visit Nairaland. Help by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 01, 2015
Blured:
Alright but how about the lady above that said she gets it on her screen too when she visits nairaland. We can't be experiencing the same problem at the same time undecided

Might be a common application you both have installed.
Re: Virus On My Screen Whenever I Visit Nairaland. Help by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2015
Karmanaut:

Might be a common application you both have installed.
alright then..

(1) (Reply)

How To Autorenew Mtn Musicplus On Android And Symbian Speed. / . / 15 Things That Get Weider The More You Think About It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.