Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Pls Take Note - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls Take Note (4948 Views)

Seun Pls Take Note / There is no such thing as special anointing - Christ Embassy members take note / A Very Urgent Warning And Message From Our Lord Jesus! Pls: Take Heed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Take Note by Nanai: 5:44pm On May 09, 2009
Salaam.I came across this e-mail and I know most of you have, too.
[center]Assalam-o-Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhoo

Why Pig Fat is not mentioned but code(s) are printed??

PIG FAT By Dr. M. Amjad Khan

In nearly all the western countries including Europe, the RIMARY choice for meat is PIG. There are a lot of farms in these countries to breed this animal. In France alone, Pig Farms account for more than

PIGS have the highest quantity of FAT in their body than any other animal. But Europeans and Americans try to avoid fats.

Thus, where does the FAT from these PIGS go? All pigs are cut
inslaughter houses under the control of the department of food and it was the headache of the department of food to dispose of the fat removed from these pigs.

Formally, it was burnt (about 60 years ago). Then they thought of utilizing it. First, they experimented it in the making of SOAPS and
it worked.

Then, a full network was formed and this FAT was chemically Processed, Packed and Marketed, while the other manufacturing companies bought it. In the meantime, all European States made it a rule that every Food, Medical and Personal Hygiene product should have the ingredients listed on its cover. So, this ingredient was listed as PIG FAT.

Those who are living in Europe for the past 40 years know about this. But, these products came under a ban by the ISLAMIC COUNTRIES at that time, which resulted in a trade deficit.

Going back in time, if you are somehow related to South East Asia, you might know about the provoking factors of the 1857 CIVIL WAR. At that time, Rifle Bullets were made in Europe and transported to the sub-continent through the Sea. It took months to reach there and the gun powder in it was ruined due to the exposure to sea.

Then, they got the idea of coating the Bullets with fat, which was PIG FAT. The fat layer had to be scratched by teeth before using them. When the word spread, the soldiers, mostly Muslim and some Vegetarians, refused to fight. Which eventually lead to the Civil War.
The Europeans recognized these facts, and instead of writing PIG FAT, they started writing ANIMAL FAT. All those living in Europe since 1970's know this fact. When the companies were asked by authorities from the MUSLIM COUNTRIES, what animal fat is it, they were told it was COW and SHEEP Fat. Here again a question raised, if it was COW or SHEEP Fat, still it is HARAAM to MUSLIMS, as these animal were not SLAUGHTERED as per the ISLAMIC LAW. Thus, they were again banned.
Now, these multinational companies were again facing a severe drought of money as 75% of their income comes from selling their goods to Muslim Countries, and these earn BILLIONS OF DOLLARS of Profit from their exports to the MUSLIM WORLD.

Finally they decided to start a coding language, so that only their
Departments of Food Administration should know what they are using, and the common man is left lurking in the dark. Thus, they started E-CODES. These E- INGREDIENTS are present in a majority of products of multinational firms including, but not limited to -

TOOTH PASTE,
SHAVING CREAM
CHEWING GUM,
CHOCOLATE,
SWEETS,
BISCUITS,
CORN FLAKES, TOFFEES,
CANNED FOODS,
FRUIT TINS,

Some medication Multi-vitamins Since these goods are being used in all MUSLIM Countries indiscriminately, our society is facing problems like shamelessness, rudeness and sexual promiscuity.

So, I request all MUSLIMS or non pork eaters to check the ingredients of the ITEMS of daily use and match it with the following list of E-CODES. If any of the ingredients listed below is found, try to avoid it, as it has got PIG FAT;

E100, E110, E120, E 140, E141, E153, E210, E213, E214, E216, E234, E252, E270, E280, E325, E326, E327, E334, E335, E336, E337, E422, E430, E431, E432, E433, E434, E435, E436, E440, E470, E471, E472, E473, E474, E475,E476, E477, E478, E481, E482, E483, E491, E492, E493, E494, E495, E542,E570, E572, E631, E635, E904.

Dr. M. Amjad Khan
Medical Research Institute
United States)))[/center]

I was drinking chivita the other day and I noticed that one of the codes, E440, was contained there-in and I thought I should let other muslims know.
Re: Pls Take Note by pilgrim1(f): 7:53pm On May 09, 2009
@Nanai,

Many people understand the Muslim concern for pig products - whether its fat or meat.

However, the authenticity of the article you reposted above seems to have been questioned so many times, basically for two main reasons:

1. its authorship - [list]
Nanai:

Dr. M. Amjad Khan
Medical Research Institute
United States
)))
[/list]

Please, which 'M[/b]edical [b]R[/b]esearch [b]I[/b]nstitute' in particular is "Dr. M. Amjad Khan" connected with? The reasons for this question are that:

(a) there are several 'MRI's (Medical Research Institutes) in the United States;
            and they are usually designated so that observers may know for sure that
            a particular MRI is being referred to; and -

(b) Research Institutes in the USA are not (usually) arbitrarily appended to a
            research fellow's or member's name with reference to personal ideas
            which have not been peer-reviewed.

as regarding (a) above, there are several examples of 'MRI's (Medical Research Institutes) in the USA, and they include -

[list][li][b]USAMRIID
- the U.S. A[/b]rmy [b]M[/b]edical [b]R[/b]esearch [b]I[/b]nstitute of [b]I[/b]nfectious [b]D[/b]iseases (here)[/li]
[li][b]USAMRICD
- U[/b]nited [b]S[/b]tates [b]A[/b]rmy [b]M[/b]edical [b]R[/b]esearch [b]I[/b]nstitute of [b]C[/b]hemical [b]D[/b]efense (here)[/li]
[li][b]SMRI
- the S[/b]tanley [b]M[/b]edical [b]R[/b]esearch [b]I[/b]nstitute (here)[/li]
[li][b]BMRI
- The B[/b]urke [b]M[/b]edical [b]R[/b]esearch [b]I[/b]nstitute (here)[/li]
[li][b]USARIEM
- United States Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine (here)[/li][/list]

Indeed, sometime ago someone tried to point out that there was a 'Medical Research Institute' without a designation as in the examples above. However, the link he supplied was not a "Research Institute", but rather was a company dealing with sports nutrition products and based in San Francisco, California. From the BusinessWeek website, it could be clearly seen that this company "does not have any Key Executives recorded".

So, what particular "Medical Research Institute, United States" is "Dr. M. Amjad Khan" a member?

2. The problem of assumed E-codes for Pig Fat: Another problem with the recycled article is that it mentions the so-called 'E-codes' as containing PIG FAT - [list]
Nanai:
So, I request all MUSLIMS or non pork eaters to check the ingredients of the ITEMS of daily use and match it with the following list of E-CODES. If any of the ingredients listed below is found, try to avoid it, as it has got PIG FAT;

[size=14pt]E100[/size], E110, E120, E 140, E141, E153, E210, E213, E214, E216, E234, E252, E270, E280, E325, E326, E327, E334, E335, E336, E337, E422, E430, E431, E432, E433, E434, E435, E436, E440, E470, E471, E472, E473, E474, E475,E476, E477, E478, E481, E482, E483, E491, E492, E493, E494, E495, E542,E570, E572, E631, E635, E904.
[/list]

Em, hang on a minute. This is highly suspect, Nanai. Let's take just one example: E100 - does this refer to something that has PIG FAT? Medically (and honestly), that is not true.

The fact is that E100 is a code, not for pig fat, but for a rhizomatous herbaceous perennial plant of the ginger family. It (E100) is commonly known as "Turmeric (Curcuma longa)". You may consult any good resource to verify that it is not referring to pig fat, but rather to a plant. One such source is Wikipedia -

[list][list]Turmeric (coded as E100 when used as a food additive)
is used to protect food products from sunlight. The oleoresin is used
for oil-containing products. The curcumin/polysorbate solution or curcumin
powder dissolved in alcohol is used for water containing products.
Over-coloring, such as in pickles, relishes and mustard, is sometimes used
to compensate for fading[/list][/list]

Even this Muslim website (muslimtents.com) notes that E100 is Turmeric -

E Codes:

E100 Curcumin, turmeric [Colouring] halal

I don't mean to upset anything in the article you've reposted here, Nanai (it has been circulated too many times in numerous muslim websites with the same message that the E-codes contain pig fat). However, it does not appear that any Muslim is able to show which 'Medical Research Institute' the said "Dr. M. Amjad Khan" is connected with; nor does it appear how any muslim (with or without a medical background) could explain how a herbaceous perennial plant could contain "pig fat".

Perhaps you may help readers find pointers to these concerns.

Salam.
Re: Pls Take Note by tudor(m): 9:31pm On May 09, 2009
Who cares if everything contains pig fat,better find productive things to do with your life than telling us one bloodthirsty god said we shldnt eat pigs, i'm sure if you're stranded on an island u'd be the first to bite out of those fat laps
Re: Pls Take Note by Bastage: 9:53pm On May 09, 2009
It is a viral hoax email.
Re: Pls Take Note by todak(m): 9:02pm On May 12, 2009
you muslims are missing , pig meat is one of the most nutricious meat. na waooooooooooo,
Re: Pls Take Note by tpiah: 11:28pm On May 12, 2009
everything still comes out at the other end.
Re: Pls Take Note by Bastage: 11:41pm On May 12, 2009
For some people it comes out both end.

(1) (Reply)

The Four Characteristics Of Scripture / SERMON JOTTERS: The Roaring Lion / Winners Chapel, TREM, RCCG & Rhema, In Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran & Iraq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.