Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

There is no such thing as special anointing - Christ Embassy members take note - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There is no such thing as special anointing - Christ Embassy members take note (2439 Views)

Pastor Chris And Christ Embassy Members In Israel. / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Christ Embassy Members Are Heartless! (Wicked) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There is no such thing as special anointing - Christ Embassy members take note by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 05, 2011
It is not unusual to hear pastors, good ones and the bad ones, the young and the old, the liberal and the conservative claim to have a special anointing from God. This anointing allows them to hold a God-ordained authority amidst a group of believers and to give a greater blessing to their opinion.

Pastors have equal standing as other members

The truth is that those serving as pastors or teachers are on the same spiritual standing with God as every other member of the church.

A pastor cannot forgive sins. He does not have a unique communication with God. He does not have a secret source of knowledge not accessible to every other member.

He is not your mediator to God in any way.

He does not have a gift for holiness, nor does he have more resistance to the flesh. He can be wrong. He needs support. He can fail.

God’s calling

Many pastors will reference their special anointing to God’s “call” on their life to minister. Leaving alone the Calvinistic undertones to this idea, has not God called all men to do his will (1 Tim 2:4, 1 Thess 4:3)?

If a pastor resigns has he denied the call of God on his life?

Paul says that the bishops are those who are blameless and desire the office (1 Tim 3:1). Yet, there are pastors who teach that it is not enough to desire you must be supernaturally anointed. This is job security. The honest ones will admit that they do not hear God’s voice or feel the anointing as in 1 John 2:20 and 27.

“But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.”

The rest may claim on some level that they have a higher gift of knowledge, wisdom, or leadership based on the anointing.

Suppressed church potential

Pastors who claim an anointing are fraudulently keeping their congregations from their capability to minister by creating a priest class.   It was only in the Old Testament covenant with Israel that God appointed a mediating priest class. Pastors today are not the priests of the Old Testament or the New Testament (1 Tim 2:5).

The anointing of the Holy Ghost described by John was part of the supernatural knowledge provided for Israel under the New Testament (John 14:6, Mark 13:11, Acts 2:4).

Today, every member of the body has access to God’s words in the Bible and is the temple of the Holy Ghost (1 Cor 3:16). Instead of waiting for an anointing we must all “study to show ourselves approved” (2 Tim 2:15).

It is dangerous to sound doctrine and the ministry of the church for pastors to claim a special anointing. They should either step down or tell you that they have no blessing or calling apart from God’s call to all men.

They may fear if this is known then their words would not hold as much weight with their congregations. This cannot happen. There must be control, right? It starts from the top-down. A special anointing gives higher authority. Instead of claiming divine right pastors should be qualified on the desire and character of 1 Tim 3.

Article

1 Like

Re: There is no such thing as special anointing - Christ Embassy members take note by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 05, 2011
Title changed to a more serious topic !
Re: There is no such thing as special anointing - Christ Embassy members take note by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 05, 2011
This is for all believers but especially for Christ Embassy members who build their theology and doctrine around a man and not Christ , please take care to read this article.

Be delivered from your personality cult worship . Amen !!!
Re: There is no such thing as special anointing - Christ Embassy members take note by ogajim(m): 10:14pm On Nov 05, 2011
I seriously DOUBT that majority of these CEC bunch (with their multiple IDs and all) have ACCEPTED CHRIST as their personal Lord and Savior because if they have, they would have KNOWN that the ONE and ONLY ADVOCATE/INTERSCESOR we have is JESUS CHRIST.

When he paid our DEBT on the Cross, the final act was the CURTAIN of the Temple being ripped in half to reveal the holy of holies which no man other than the chief Priest (who had to be sinless by the way or he would be struck dead inside) could see prior.

If they're taught the SIGNIFICANCE of that act, they would have known that a pastor is no higher than the Praise and Worship leader or any other member.
Re: There is no such thing as special anointing - Christ Embassy members take note by Joagbajee: 10:29pm On Nov 05, 2011
@frosbel
I wish you can summarise these long writing and get straight to the point. Itemise your points for me.
Re: There is no such thing as special anointing - Christ Embassy members take note by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 05, 2011
Please read again and you will understand.

There is no such thing as special anointing in the body of Christ, period !!

Pastor Chris does not have any special anointing by any stretch of the imagination.
Re: There is no such thing as special anointing - Christ Embassy members take note by Joagbajee: 10:55pm On Nov 05, 2011
frosbel:

Please read again and you will understand.

There is no such thing as special anointing in the body of Christ, period !!

Pastor Chris does not have any special anointing by any stretch of the imagination.

What do you mean by special anointing
Re: There is no such thing as special anointing - Christ Embassy members take note by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 05, 2011
^^^

Do you think that Pastor Chris is closer to God than the ordinary members of the church undecided

Do you not agree that the least member of the Christian church does not need any special revelation or word from God ? What they need is the spiritual milk of the word of God that he or she may grow thereby ?

We do not need special men of God for there is no such thing as a special MOG.

In summary , I do not believe that Pastor Chris is more gifted than I am or has been specially called above me or anyone for that matter. We are all brethren if we are at all born again.

To build a theology or doctrine around a man and not Christ is plain IDOL worship.
Re: There is no such thing as special anointing - Christ Embassy members take note by Joagbajee: 12:07am On Nov 06, 2011
frosbel:

^^
Do you think that Pastor Chris is closer to God than the ordinary members of the church undecided

We all have equal access to God.

Do you not agree that the least member of the Christian church does not need any special revelation or word from God ?

I don't know what you mean by "special" we all need revelation

What they need is the spiritual milk of the word of God that he or she may grow thereby ?
milk is for babies. It's good for a period but after that you need stronger meat.

Hebrews 5:13
13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

We do not need special men of God for there is no such thing as a special MOG.

What is this "special" you keep emphasising. I don't know about this your "special mog" but we do need Men of God. And frosbel, you need to have a pastor over you and you need to belong to a church.

In summary , I do not believe that Pastor Chris is more gifted than I am or has been specially called above me

Everyone is unique. John was just a signboard , to point people to the messiah and point the messiah to the people. But he is still unique. A man will receive reward in heaven for fulfilling his assignment in christ. So every one should focus in his own calling. We are all unique.

or anyone for that matter. We are all brethren if we are at all born again. To build a theology or doctrine around a man and not Christ is plain IDOL worship.

We are all brethren , but there is structure in the body of christ. There are ministers who are over others in the body of christ. A pastor is anointed over a congregation. We have other leaders also. And we must submit to them . In the body of christ you are either leading or following. If you're not leading or following you are a rebel to the word of God.

Hebrews 13:17
17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
Re: There is no such thing as special anointing - Christ Embassy members take note by crossman9(m): 4:07am On Feb 07, 2012
the baby and milk teaching from christ embassy is getting boring it is a false out look of the scriptures so i will post the meaning all the words used in the new and old for the people who need to know bless you

As some pronounce the word babies as “Nap peels” there pronouncing which is wrong clearly along with the meaning of the word there trying to say. I urged you to get yourself a (Young’s Analytical Concordance) or a (Strong’s Analytical Concordance) here is the correct rendering from the bible with a clear meaning from the “Greek and Hebrew”
The word babes Page 66 (Y.A.C)
Here all the words that pertain to the word babe
Babe 1. boy,lad, Hebrew “Naar”
Exodus 2:6
2. suckling growing youth, Hebrew  “Olel” meaning
3. babe (New Born, or Unbnorn) Greek “Brephos”
4. (without speech) Greek “Nepios”
Not like the word here which is “Nap peels” mispronounced like this false teacher prophet says with his “Co-Pastors”
5. schiel, inischievous Hebrew “Taalulim”
I would say they need a speech therapist.
Thank God I was born an “Israelite”.
car•nal (kär n l) adj.
1. Relating to the physical and especially intimate appetites: carnal desire.
2. Worldly or earthly; temporal: the carnal world.
3. Of or relating to the body or flesh; bodily: carnal remains.
[Middle English, from Old North French carnel, from Latin carnlis, from Latin car, carn-, flesh; see sker-1 in Indo-European roots. car•nal i•ty (kär-nl-t) n. car nal•ly adv.

Re: There is no such thing as special anointing - Christ Embassy members take note by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 12, 2012
bump angry
Re: There is no such thing as special anointing - Christ Embassy members take note by PastorKun(m): 5:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
frosbel: It is not unusual to hear pastors, good ones and the bad ones, the young and the old, the liberal and the conservative claim to have a special anointing from God. This anointing allows them to hold a God-ordained authority amidst a group of believers and to give a greater blessing to their opinion.

Pastors have equal standing as other members

The truth is that those serving as pastors or teachers are on the same spiritual standing with God as every other member of the church.

A pastor cannot forgive sins. He does not have a unique communication with God. He does not have a secret source of knowledge not accessible to every other member.

He is not your mediator to God in any way.

He does not have a gift for holiness, nor does he have more resistance to the flesh. He can be wrong. He needs support. He can fail.

God’s calling

Many pastors will reference their special anointing to God’s “call” on their life to minister. Leaving alone the Calvinistic undertones to this idea, has not God called all men to do his will (1 Tim 2:4, 1 Thess 4:3)?

If a pastor resigns has he denied the call of God on his life?

Paul says that the bishops are those who are blameless and desire the office (1 Tim 3:1). Yet, there are pastors who teach that it is not enough to desire you must be supernaturally anointed. This is job security. The honest ones will admit that they do not hear God’s voice or feel the anointing as in 1 John 2:20 and 27.

“But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.”

The rest may claim on some level that they have a higher gift of knowledge, wisdom, or leadership based on the anointing.

Suppressed church potential

Pastors who claim an anointing are fraudulently keeping their congregations from their capability to minister by creating a priest class.   It was only in the Old Testament covenant with Israel that God appointed a mediating priest class. Pastors today are not the priests of the Old Testament or the New Testament (1 Tim 2:5).

The anointing of the Holy Ghost described by John was part of the supernatural knowledge provided for Israel under the New Testament (John 14:6, Mark 13:11, Acts 2:4).

Today, every member of the body has access to God’s words in the Bible and is the temple of the Holy Ghost (1 Cor 3:16). Instead of waiting for an anointing we must all “study to show ourselves approved” (2 Tim 2:15).

It is dangerous to sound doctrine and the ministry of the church for pastors to claim a special anointing. They should either step down or tell you that they have no blessing or calling apart from God’s call to all men.

They may fear if this is known then their words would not hold as much weight with their congregations. This cannot happen. There must be control, right? It starts from the top-down. A special anointing gives higher authority. Instead of claiming divine right pastors should be qualified on the desire and character of 1 Tim 3.

Article

Intersting topic but pastor chris can't have his members know that he is equal before God with them or he has no special annointing that his members don't have. That is bad for business grin
Re: There is no such thing as special anointing - Christ Embassy members take note by Joagbaje(m): 6:23am On Sep 15, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Intersting topic but pastor chris can't have his members know that he is equal before God with them or he has no special annointing that his members don't have. That is bad for business grin

Try listen to pastor chris , he didn't teach otherwise. Work with facts
Re: There is no such thing as special anointing - Christ Embassy members take note by PastorKun(m): 6:56am On Sep 15, 2012
Joagbaje:

Try listen to pastor chris , he didn't teach otherwise. Work with facts

Bros I am not in the habit of listening to charlatans. That aside I find his fake accent very nauseating when I happen to come across his programmes so I'd rather not listen to him.

(1) (Reply)

Debunking The Christian Belief On The Sanctity Of Marriage / Pastor Lazarus Muoka's Portrait Now For Sale / Paul Christ Vs Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.