Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,240 members, 7,953,908 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:43 AM

Muslims Pls Take Note - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims Pls Take Note (1779 Views)

Wife Beating Rules - Muslims Take Note / Muslims, Pls Explain This / Muslims Pls Pls Pls I Need Your Advice Asap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Pls Take Note by babs787(m): 9:53pm On May 13, 2009
@Noetic

do u actually re-read the rubbish u post? if u do, the foolishness of their contents will amaze u.

Really, No foolishness in my post but you are the one fooling yourself. Bring out your problem in my post and counter it, Olodo grin

u dont ask questions, when u manage to do, u get answers.

Have you able to provide answers to the threads opened for you and questions asked in other threads?

but whenever u are asked about the lies of "allah" and "mohammed", u start ranting annoyingly.

Liar, show me where all your recycled questions have not been answered.
Re: Muslims Pls Take Note by spikedcylinder: 12:31pm On May 15, 2009
davidylan:

What's the problem with eating pork? Health reasons?

You get more fat in butter than you would in an entire pig.

Not being argumentative but your questions are akin to asking Christians why they don't eat meat and other animal protein on Good Friday.
Re: Muslims Pls Take Note by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 15, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Not being argumentative but your questions are akin to asking Christians why they don't eat meat and other animal protein on Good Friday.

Err exactly which "christians" do not eat meat or animal protein on good friday? Catholics?

Sorry such nonsensical catholic "doctrine" is NOT FOUND anywhere in the bible. The apostles ate meat very well even on good friday, i eat my meat and so has every other christian i know.

I think you shld be able to delineate between queer doctrines of one sect and the rest of christendom. This lazy way of tarring everyone with the same brush is simply a poor excuse.
Re: Muslims Pls Take Note by Abuzola(m): 1:39pm On May 15, 2009
What re d catholics called ? muslim or xtrian, save d excuse to urself, d catholic were d first sect of xtrian aforetime
Re: Muslims Pls Take Note by spikedcylinder: 1:47pm On May 15, 2009
davidylan:

Err exactly which "christians" do not eat meat or animal protein on good friday? Catholics?

Sorry such nonsensical catholic "doctrine" is NOT FOUND anywhere in the bible. The apostles ate meat very well even on good friday, i eat my meat and so has every other christian i know.

I think you shld be able to delineate between queer doctrines of one sect and the rest of christendom. This lazy way of tarring everyone with the same brush is simply a poor excuse.

LOL! So the Catholics are no longer Christians? Interesting. . . .
Re: Muslims Pls Take Note by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 15, 2009
spikedcylinder:

LOL! So the Catholics are no longer Christians? Interesting. . . .

that is being dishonestly and deliberately obfuscating.

I asked a simple question - WHERE IN THE BIBLE DO YOU SEE SUCH A COMMANDMENT THAT WE SHLD NOT EAT MEAT ON GOOD FRIDAY?
None of you bothered to answer and that is very very important.

So if my local church wakes up tomorrow and suddenly decides that we shld eat only fish on Dec 25, that becomes a "christian doctrine" too? If the Baptists start going to church with only one shoe . . . that is now a "christian doctrine"?

the bible's stand is ABSOLUTELY CLEAR on such nonsensical traditions - Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:  17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

that catholics choose to observe a non-biblical ritual shld not be a burden on the rest of us who choose to follow biblical principles.
Re: Muslims Pls Take Note by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 15, 2009
Abuzola:

What re d catholics called ? muslim or xtrian, save d excuse to urself, d catholic were d first sect of xtrian aforetime

dumb way of approaching the issue. There are 150 million nigerians, assuming 50% are frauds . . . does that imply that 419 activities is an official policy of the Nigerian government?

Anyone can call him/herself a christian . . . its nothing but a label. The true test of a child of God (as against the nominal labelling) is this - Luke 8:21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

the next question to ask yourself then is - as regards eating meat or not on good friday . . . what does the bible say?
Re: Muslims Pls Take Note by spikedcylinder: 2:32pm On May 15, 2009
davidylan:

that is being dishonestly and deliberately obfuscating.

I asked a simple question - WHERE IN THE BIBLE DO YOU SEE SUCH A COMMANDMENT THAT WE SHLD NOT EAT MEAT ON GOOD FRIDAY?
None of you bothered to answer and that is very very important.

So if my local church wakes up tomorrow and suddenly decides that we shld eat only fish on Dec 25, that becomes a "christian doctrine" too? If the Baptists start going to church with only one shoe . . . that is now a "christian doctrine"?

the bible's stand is ABSOLUTELY CLEAR on such nonsensical traditions - Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:  17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

that catholics choose to observe a non-biblical ritual shld not be a burden on the rest of us who choose to follow biblical principles.

My original intention was to state that just like Muslims have their taboos, Christians do too. To a person who doesn't understand the meaning and purpose of sectarianism in organised religion, its pretty confusing to say to him/her that: No, not all Christians do this, only Catholics. . . .which is not really what you said anyway, just what I deduced.
I do agree that it might not be in the bible but will you agree that Christians practice this . . . err. . what should I call it. . . doctrine?
Re: Muslims Pls Take Note by Abuzola(m): 3:12pm On May 15, 2009
*Clapping* wonderful , u claim anything not biblical is not chriantianity, please answer these question
Re: Muslims Pls Take Note by Abuzola(m): 3:14pm On May 15, 2009
Where was it written that u should celebrate christmas, where was it written that jesus was born on 25th december ?
Re: Muslims Pls Take Note by Abuzola(m): 3:16pm On May 15, 2009
Where was it written in the bible that jesus said 'i am GOD or said worship me ?
Re: Muslims Pls Take Note by Abuzola(m): 3:18pm On May 15, 2009
if u can't find it then accept it that christian rite is dictated by mere people and not from the bible
Re: Muslims Pls Take Note by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 15, 2009
spikedcylinder:

My original intention was to state that just like Muslims have their taboos, Christians do too. To a person who doesn't understand the meaning and purpose of sectarianism in organised religion, its pretty confusing to say to him/her that: No, not all Christians do this, only Catholics. . . .which is not really what you said anyway, just what I deduced.
I do agree that it might not be in the bible but will you agree that Christians practice this . . . err. . what should I call it. . . doctrine?

you mean people who also label themselves as christians? If its not in the bible then its not christian. Simple.
Re: Muslims Pls Take Note by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 15, 2009
Abuzola:

Where was it written in the bible that jesus said 'i am GOD or said worship me ?

Read the bible again. Its there.
Re: Muslims Pls Take Note by Abuzola(m): 3:25pm On May 15, 2009
Good to hear that, none of them exist in the bible so the catholics are right
Re: Muslims Pls Take Note by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 15, 2009
davidylan:

you mean people who also label themselves as christians? If its not in the bible then its not christian. Simple.

@ spikey, didn't you know that davidylan is the only true christian in the world , but wait - are the antics he practices on the Islam threads ordained in the bible? so is he being unchristian when he comes here to do the nasty?  cheesy grin

dumb way of approaching the issue. There are 150 million nigerians, assuming 50% are frauds . . . does that imply that 419 activities is an official policy of the Nigerian government?

dawoda nackson and his double standards. there are 1.2 billion muslims in the world, less than 5% of them are radical fanatics etal, but the highlighted  logic escapes our good friend when he starts his anti Islam rants cheesy

going by our learned friends comments, one has to wonder where the basis for  easter, thanksgiving, christmas,  the crusades, television evangelism, religious blogs, all these er 'debates' etc have. are they in the bible?

the more davidlyan posts, the more he sounds like a closet muslim  grin. i keep seeing him parroting things that Muslims say -  Christainity is not a religion but a way of life, anything outside the bible is innovation  grin . . . cheesy grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? / Denmark Is At Lose / When Doors Are Closed, Allah Makes A Way-out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.