Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! (221273 Views)

France Vs Croatia: Russia 2018 Final (4 - 2) On 15th July 2018 / Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / FIFA U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Croatia 1 - 2 (Live) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by shizzy7(f): 10:38am On Nov 03, 2015
OSHE!!!
We meet again.....
You want to take revenge for 2013
BUT
We are not Smiling with you Either
Nigeria 3 - Mexico 0....

The CUP IS COMING TO AFRICA AGAIN
DESTINATION - NIGERIA
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 03, 2015
Xlad:
Maybe in future but that 2015 U-20 coach contributed 90% to our downfall.
that man just shot himself in the leg with some ridiculous decisions he made in that competition, and this was coming after a terrific performance at the u17 level
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by robosky02(m): 10:40am On Nov 03, 2015
MEXICO PROFILE:

The past
While in charge of the national U-17 team between 2010 and 2013, Raul Gutierrez continued the golden era that began with Mexico’s victory at the FIFA U-17 World Cup Peru 2005. In leading El Tri to their second world title on home soil in 2011 – secured with victory over Uruguay in an overflowing Estadio Azteca – Gutierrez proved that the 2005 success was no fluke, but rather the product of great work done at youth level in his homeland. Two years later in the UAE, Gutierrez and his charges almost repeated the feat, only to lose 3-0 to a great Nigeria side in the final.

The present
When Gutierrez left the U-17 set-up, the man brought in to replace him and oversee the transition was Mario Arteaga. As five-time CONCACAF champions, the new incumbent knew that as well as securing a World Cup berth at the U-17 Championship in Honduras, he was obliged to deliver another regional crown. His charges duly secured their place at Chile 2015 and in the regional final after victories over Panama (3-1), Saint Lucia (6-0) and Haiti (2-0), and draws with Canada (1-1) and Costa Rica (1-1) won them Group B. A sixth CONCACAF title then followed a few days later with a 3-0 defeat of Honduras in the decider.

The future
As he continues his preparations for Chile 2015, Artega has to shoulder the lofty expectations of a nation that has celebrated two world titles and one runners-up spot in the category in the last decade. However, the coach insisted the past successes could be a spur for his side, saying: “There’s no pressure – the previous teams have already won their titles. They’ve simply proved to us that it can be done and we can win things. This current crop have enormous desire to succeed and are committed to achieving something big.”

Facts and Figures
Former stars
Fernando Arce, Luis Perez, Hector Moreno, Giovani Dos Santos, Carlos Vela.

Key players
Eduardo Aguirre, Ulises Torres, Claudio Zamudio.

The stat
24 – The number of games Mexico have now gone unbeaten at the CONCACAF U-17 Championship, after another six fixtures undefeated in Honduras.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by robosky02(m): 10:51am On Nov 03, 2015
shizzy7:
OSHE!!!
We meet again.....
BUT
Nigeria 3 - Mexico 0....

DESTINATION - NIGERIA

sheeeeeeee i told you

its nigeria vs Mali finals abi

get watching all the replys..
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:05am On Nov 03, 2015
Ehen!!!!

I don land....... **grabs a seat**

**Heads to the back and says** "I'm ok guys..... I'll come forward when the time is rite........"

Nigeria have never NEVER lost a semi-final game in the HISTORY OF THE FIFA U-17 WORLD CUP........

WE'VE MET THE MEXICANS THRICE AT THIS LEVEL.....

We've scored an average of 3 goals per match against the mexicans and conceeded an average of 0.6 goals.

Canada 1987: Nigeria 0-1 Mexico

UAE 2013: Mexico 1-6 Nigeria (THIS WAS THE ""YES"" SHOW........ AKA THE IHEANACHO SHOW) *smiles*

UAE 2013 again: Nigeria 3-0 Mexico (final) -- Musa mohammed struck a freekick that went on to be rated "no.5 best goal" of Fifa's top 10 goals of UAE 2013.

Chile 2015: The Mexicans are a fine tough side (with Aguirre and co) and will be out for vengeance BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE THREE MUSKESTEERS, Arthos (K.Nwakali), Aramis (Chukwueze), and Porthos (Osimhen)........ Well, D'artaganan (Bamgboye) will have to sit out this one due to suspension.......*smiles*

But in all, I predict the mexicans will encounter another "albatross". They'll add him to a list of wanted men who slayed them like NO.1 MEXICAN DESTROYER, Iheanacho. They will hate to hear his name, WATCH OUT FOR THE NAME, "OSIMHEN"

**smiles**

shizzy7:
OSHE!!!
We meet again.....
BUT
Nigeria 3 - Mexico 0....

DESTINATION - NIGERIA

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 03, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Ehen!!!!

**Heads to the back and says** "I'm ok guys..... I'll come forward when the time is rite........"

Nigeria have never NEVER lost a semi-final game in the HISTORY OF THE FIFA U-17 WORLD CUP........

WE'VE MET THE MEXICANS TWICE AT THIS LEVEL.....

We've scored an average of 4.5 goals per match against the mexicans and conceeded an average of 0.5 goals.

UAE 2013: Mexico 1-6 Nigeria (THIS WAS THE ""YES"" SHOW........ AKA THE IHEANACHO SHOW) *smiles*

UAE 2013 again: Nigeria 3-0 Mexico (final) -- Musa mohammed struck a freekick that went on to be rated "no.5 best goal" of Fifa's top 10 goals of UAE 2013.

Chile 2015: The Mexicans are a fine tough side (with Aguirre and co) and will be out for vengeance BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE THREE MUSKESTEERS, Arthos (K.Nwakali), Aramis (Chukwueze), and Porthos (Osimhen)........ Well, D'artaganan (Bamgboye) will have to sit out this one due to suspension.......*smiles*

But in all, I predict the mexicans will encounter another "albatross". They'll add him to a list of wanted men who slayed them like NO.1 MEXICAN DESTROYER, Iheanacho. They will hate to hear his name, WATCH OUT FOR THE NAME, "OSIMHEN"

**smiles**

Don't get carried away. Football is not played on stats and previous records, rather, football is played on a green coloured surface between 22 capable individuals, and most importantly, the better team doesn't always come out tops.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:45am On Nov 03, 2015
And don't be overly conservative........*smiles*

If u wanna know my views on this team...... Go check out the u-17 thread.

I'm not some "fan who's just excited"..... Sir, I've been following this team pretty well..... *smiles*

So pls, don't be too quick to quote whoever.....

U just might be wrong about the msg u're trying to pass across...... *smiles*

Ok Eaglets.... Hurdle up.... We got a match to win...

**smiles**

Note: Every thing u said, I know...... *smiles* Winning is about "who wants it really bad" on the day........ So what's the CONSERVATISM for?

Besides, there's no crime and no harm in being "super optimistic"......... **BIG SMILES**

koice:

Don't get carried away. Football is not played by stats and previous records, rather, football is played on a green coloured surface between 22 capable individuals, and most importantly, the better team don't always come out tops.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by shizzy7(f): 11:56am On Nov 03, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Ehen!!!!

**Heads to the back and says** "I'm ok guys..... I'll come forward when the time is rite
....."

WE'VE MET THE MEXICANS TWICE AT THIS LEVEL.....

We've scored an average of 4.5 goals per match against the mexicans and conceeded an average of 0.5 goals.

**smiles**

@ the emboldened, na wa for you and all this your narrations...
its going to be a tough one with high expectations....The Mexicans have been waiting for us, its going to be more of a "RETALIATION" match....

I'm just trying to be optimistic But I'm very sceptical about Nigeria winning this.....I'm undecided till the day of the match...
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by Xhaka(m): 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2015
I actually watched the Brazil vs Nigeria match on my tecno phone
using my Mobdro App cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by rejoice4eva(m): 1:42pm On Nov 03, 2015
I am an addcited fan of all the EAGLES, (super, falcons, eaglets, falconets), and I am proud to be a Nigerian, irrespective of what we are going through now as a nation, I know we are going to overcome and get there one day. I see us not only lifting this cup in Chile, but very soon, the WORLD CUP.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by rapthugx(m): 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2015
Wish the lads good luck. 12am I pity my neighbours cos my I -pass-my-neighbour will work overtime that day.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by antontech(m): 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2015
It may go to extra time but Nigeria will win

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by hensben(m): 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2015
Mexico again.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by Muyoatlanta(m): 2:21pm On Nov 03, 2015
Omooba77:
Nigeria will play in the Semi final of onging FIFA U16 in Chile.Nigeria beat Brazil 3-0 to qualify for Thursday game.Nigerial is in pool position to defend her trophy.Nigeria will meet Mexico who beat Ecuador 2-0
nah under 17
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by Burger01(m): 2:22pm On Nov 03, 2015
A walk-through match for the Eaglet. I can bet $1000 on Eaglets anytime any day. As for the agbaya Super eagles, chinchin i nor go bet if i no want die young of high BP
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by otemanuduno: 2:26pm On Nov 03, 2015
Sometimes revenge can never be possible. It's like saying that the black race should eradicate all their white colonial masters in a war. That ain't gonna happen.

MEXICO WILL BITE THE DUST AGAIN because WE ARE WAY BETTER THAN THEM. EAGLET KWENU!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by caprini1: 2:33pm On Nov 03, 2015
Hardaysheenar:
...All these without discipline is Futile and fruitless...teenagers are easier to control than full grown men...I will rather advise dt Nigeria sud concentrate on ds under 17 world cup competition than oda senior competitions!
The truth is ,once exposure is gotten through the U17 games,the next agenda is to look for a club and make some money to help out their families....so much poverty in the land ,and football happens to be the quickest way out,for opportuned ones.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by JesusIgot(m): 2:42pm On Nov 03, 2015
Hit like if u believe Nigeria will destroy Mexico more than what happened last 2 years ago. grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by killercute16(m): 2:42pm On Nov 03, 2015
caprini1:
The truth is ,once exposure is gotten through the U17 games,the next agenda is to look for a club and make some money to help out their families....so much poverty in the land ,and football happens to be the quickest way out,for opportuned ones.
Thats just it,once they start seeing that money in large,92.8% starts fumbling,they loose the passion for the game and focus on just the money.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by kayusely: 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2015
Omooba77:
we always do well in this competion,but it has not translate to senior world cup.
Corruption by sports administrators and ineptitude of coaching crew are largely responsible. Look at what is happening to Samson Siasia

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by Optional2(f): 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2015
Am back 4 d second face of d battle.

Naija go go go

klexycole nd shizzy7 r we here
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by shizzy7(f): 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2015
Optional2:
Am back 4 d second face of d battle.

Naija go go go

klexycole nd shizzy7 r we here
I have already signed the register. You are late....

Hope we watch this one sha..
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by Optional2(f): 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2015
shizzy7:
I have already signed the register. You are late....

Hope we watch this one sha..
yea sorry 4 cumin late, i pray i watch dis one
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by prinsam30: 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
When you go out on a revenge mission the consequences is often end up in disaster, that's exactly what happened to the Eaglets in their third match against the Croatians, I would advise the Mexican to calm down and play their normal game.

And when you go out on a repeat mission of your success, you'll have to do that with much concentration and Positive Mind Set, buh never you underrate the power of failure, you can be caught unaware.

I wish the Eaglets and the entire coaching staff, a louder GoodLuck
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by hkidola00(m): 3:14pm On Nov 03, 2015
blueto:
modified

The Kick off time for Nigeria is 12:00am

Fifa revealed it to be 20:00(8pm), and they are 4 hours behind us
guys stop saying chile is four hour behind us....did u do geography or ur just saying random rubbish
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by iyke2ken(m): 3:17pm On Nov 03, 2015
blueto:

I presume that one of the reasons for the impermanence and indubitable failure to implicitly transits the sublime performance to the senior world cup is because of lack of steadfastness by homogeneous set of players.

we were hoping and maintaing a resolute fidelity on the previous U-17 lads to evovle to the U-20 world cup and win it, since they did absolutely well in the U-17. but they ended up being one of the commiserated teams in the tornament.

this is because they are now virtually deviod of thesame level of dedication and passsion of which they formally possessed during the U-17 world cup. they played the U-17 world cup with great commitment because they know that it was an unprecedented vantage of displaying their phenomenal talents to the world, and most especially to secure the attention and the induction into some prestigious clubs, to play and earn in the top league and clubs!
At this stage, they are ready to do anything just to record an impressive performance.

But onces they have succesfully achieved this objective, they begin to exprience a frivolous and a declining enthusiasm for the national team. they no longer put in their best, because of they have gotten want they wanted.

And aslo because of the saying that 'Nigeria is not worth dieing for'
If any detrimental situation betide them during national football matches, they will be forgotten without any indemnification for them and their families.
Nigerias praise and consider you when you are active and yeilding great results, but they desert you in the time of adversity.
And I predicate that such pedestrian mindset by Nigerians is one of the major deterrents to them.

Na wa ooo.... Person no day follow you play again? You take things too personal.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by hkidola00(m): 3:18pm On Nov 03, 2015
Omooba77:

That is the truth,we need to experiment all the under-17 ,to graduate to u-21 and see what the result will be.The boys look young,especially the goalkeeper and Oshmen
the keeper looks young grow some brain..it him and agor dat looks too old son
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by jamaljalal(m): 3:21pm On Nov 03, 2015
noted.....go eaglet
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by iyke2ken(m): 3:21pm On Nov 03, 2015
blueto:

Whoops!

I concess that the Nigerian team is not deviod of age cheating, buy I can affirm that virtually every team in this competition are also guilty of it.

Besides, This current set of our u-17 lads appears to be juveniles. thus, age cheating have immensely reduced to an infinitesimal level in Nigeria.

I still think that the problem goes beyond the 'age cheating' because we should be winning the U-20 world cup trophy, because the duration that seperates the two competitions(u17 & u-20) is just two years interval.
they are supposed to maintain thesame or more level of vibrancy in u-20 competitions, because you don't expect mere two years to have a negative influence on them due to their ages.

Applaudise for you...... I like how you say 'infinitesimal'.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by safarigirl(f): 3:21pm On Nov 03, 2015
hkidola00:
guys stop saying chile is four hour behind us....did u do geography or ur just saying random rubbish
oga wey do geography, how many hours we take pass Chile?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 03, 2015
hkidola00:
how do you suggest I say it then?
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! by Elle277(f): 3:26pm On Nov 03, 2015
I like those guys.. I pray they win!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) / Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.