Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine (16742 Views)

N1.04trn Fine: Nigerian Lawyers Challenge NCC In Court / N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency / MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by dwesternmall: 2:16pm On Nov 02, 2015
Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is hiring.

Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is an online store looking to take over the Nigerian market and offer customers better options in terms of shopping.

We are presently recruting field sales representatives (Genies)... The Starting pay is 40k and attracts handsome commissions for more sales(more details later)
Our office is at Alausa shopping mall, Obafemi Awolowo way, ikeja. Lagos.
Thus you must be Lagos based to work with us as you will report to the office on a daily/weekly basis.

interested candidates should send their CV's to Careers@westernmall.co.uk
and make the Subject of the email: GENIE!!!

or

http://www.westernmall.co.uk/Home/Careers

More details will be provided to you via email
Tell a friend.

Regards
Westernmall
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by Michaelgates(m): 2:17pm On Nov 02, 2015
That money is too small sef. They should increase it. Do u know how much MTN has cheated Nigerians?
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by adexcoco(m): 2:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
good for mtn
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by Kx: 2:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
Enough of the sympathy,
can Bloomberg for once tell us the effect of a corporate organization willfully disobeying the laws of the land it has signed to operate and comply with?

This is a lesson on compliance, no sentiments apart.

Does MTN think First Bank holding is singing hallelujah after paying their own CBN TSA fine?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by okpor2(m): 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
I hope that is not y retailers are selling mtn 100 naira recharge card for 120 nd 200 for 220 now in Lokoja?
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
Asin body sweet me, MTN park out of Nigeria, We don't need you.. Very greedy set of humans...
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by Ijaya123: 2:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
What I still don't understand is why MTN Nigeria is listed on the Johanessburg Stock Exchange, and not on the Nigerian Stock exchange.

1 Like

Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by MrMcJay(m): 2:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
Ijaya123:
What I still don't understand is why MTN Nigeria is listed on the Johanessburg Stock Exchange, and not on the Nigerian Stock exchange.

It's actually the MTN group that is listed. This comprises of MTN in different countries. However, MTN Nigeria is its biggest cash cow. Without MTN Nigeria, MTN group is nothing.

https://www.jse.co.za/current-companies/companies-and-financial-instruments/issuer-profile?issuermasterid=1863
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by ransomed: 2:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
Good news. The Tsotsi deserves the fine.
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
Michaelgates:
That money is too small sef. They should increase it. Do u know how much MTN has cheated Nigerians?

abi oo.. Asin they re not even grateful to Nigeria.. make them park... Sai Nigeria
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by SpermDonor: 2:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
When you passed me from idiot to idiot at the call center, while I listened endlessly to your brain numbing "press 1 if you want to hit your head against the wall.....press two if you want a Tabasco enema ..." I thought your day would come

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
if they like they shld suspend phone recharge......

i still dey owe una credit....

let them pay the fine,Good for them,all my airtime that they have stolen....only them remain,stingy people....ordinary 1gb 1000#,they cannot activate ...

now they are paying these huge amount......i dont even think 1gb for 1000#will cost them 0% of this fine ....but stingyness na him go kill dem.

it remains that stupid airtel

as for now will be rocking glo.....even tho it can be slow sometimes....but will enjoy it with pride cool

I luv u plenty
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by Dgreatsong(m): 2:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
deebsman1:
but what is happening is the opposite!
Bible belivers don't kill but Quran belivers do!
How do u reconsile this??
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by MrPedro: 2:37pm On Nov 02, 2015
If you need a site like naijaloaded, gurusloaded, elitedotcom, etc.. Call or whatsapp me on 08105257797
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by osile2012: 2:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
[size=18pt]The Nigerian workforce will be the ones to suffer this will the fine is shared by politicians .. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

The should have asked MTN to pay with data to all Nigerians monthly for 1 year.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by Ijaya123: 2:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
MrMcJay:

It's actually the MTN group that is listed. This comprises of MTN in different countries. However, MTN Nigeria is its biggest cash cow. Without MTN Nigeria, MTN group is nothing.

https://www.jse.co.za/current-companies/companies-and-financial-instruments/issuer-profile?issuermasterid=1863

In other words, it is MTN Nigeria that is greasing the economy of South Africa at the expense of Nigeria. This needs to be urgently addressed.

1 Like

Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by Banter1(m): 2:52pm On Nov 02, 2015
Tonnniey:
No wonder MTN now charge me 28k/sec instead of the 12k/sec. I hope many Nigerians wont loose their jobs to these fine.
NCC should please take it easy on them ooo
why are you wicked? MTN be milking us since year 200, and now you want NCC to take it easy on them? Common you can't be this cruel.

1 Like

Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by deebsman1(m): 2:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
That calls for more education and enlightenment if u don't mind us to give u
Dgreatsong:
but what is happening is the opposite!
Bible belivers don't kill but Quran belivers do!
How do u reconsile this??
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by Banter1(m): 2:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
ahckmedkosy:
Pls leave mtn and fine Dstv. Mtn na small olosho wia dstv dey.
Karma will soon catch DSTV too. Just be patient it will reach them.

1 Like

Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by MrMcJay(m): 2:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
Ijaya123:

In other words, it is MTN Nigeria that is greasing the economy of South Africa at the expense of Nigeria. This needs to be urgently addressed.

Exactly. That is why Nigeria winked at MTN and the entire MTN structure in SA is collapsing.

2 Likes

Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by Mandyjosh: 3:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
deebsman1:
That calls for more education and enlightenment if u don't mind us to give u.
what ae u tryin2 say now?
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by Bootybuttchic(f): 3:04pm On Nov 02, 2015
ernesty20:
leave airtel out of this.. I buy 2gb for 1500..
tell me deybdont zap u times two?
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by Bootybuttchic(f): 3:06pm On Nov 02, 2015
Goodboiyy:

I luv u plenty
loll...thanks
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by mildflame: 3:06pm On Nov 02, 2015
Omo I remembered when Daily Times n First Bank being pull out of SA due to Executive/Government bias n frustration, it was front page headlines in all their hateful dailies.
MTN must pay the FINE or them 4k OFF Nigerian SOIL
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by Michaelgates(m): 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
Omo see how Nigeria can wreck the economy of another African country in a blink of an eye. #GiantOfAfrica

2 Likes

Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:16pm On Nov 02, 2015
Is that why I am charged outrageously for making calls with their line?
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by ernesty20(m): 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
tell me deybdont zap u times two?
not really

the thing is that whenever i load 1500 airtel for my fresh 2gb, they will give me bonus of 1500.

They will divide it for me jejelly. 750 will go to weekly bonus while 750 will go to weekend bonus.

Thats why i always defend my airtel whenever some people are talking trash about them
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by DipoDee: 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
ahckmedkosy:
Pls leave mtn and fine Dstv. Mtn na small olosho wia dstv dey.

These two SA businesses are taking us for a ride because our leaders prefer to store money in foreign countries than develop Nigeria. There are enough wealthy people in this country who can start the Naija version of Shoprite, DSTV and others but no, they won't.
So the real Oloshos are our leaders, let's just hope they don't ride us to Hades.
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by AreaFada2: 3:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
Wake up to all those dodgy firms.
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by id911(m): 3:41pm On Nov 02, 2015
Michaelgates:
Omo see how Nigeria can wreck the economy of another African country in a blink of an eye. #GiantOfAfrica

Aldo I don't like Nigerian govt because dey don't care abt her citizens. Any Nigerian who go against this mtn fine must be d enemy of our country. Do u know how much dis people (mtn and its likes) have defrauded us over the years? If NCC shld back down den dis country is a huge joke
Re: Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine by naijacentric(m): 4:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
Thank God d chicken has come to roost dstv ur next south african thieves

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aluko, Boateng Launch $500m African Development Fund / What’s The Best Investing Advice You’ve Ever Received? / China Plans Investments In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.