Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Pwc Or Deloitte - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pwc Or Deloitte (63371 Views)

See What PWC, KPMG, Nigerian Breweries, And Deloitte Pays. / What Is The Entry Level Salary For Accenture, Kpmg Pwc And Awd / Which Offer Should I Accept? Kpmg Or Pwc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tkb417(m): 1:13pm On Jun 26, 2009
tkb417

Why have you chosen to argue blindly?  Must you give misleading information for the sake of winning an argument?

How much do you think it cost KPMG to sponsor an employee to take each diet of ICAN (you can only take one diet per year except staff taking the foundation stage)?  The cost of attending lecture at Wyse or SAFE (which are the two they use) is more than N30k per diet, with the cost of transportation which is approximately N10k per person.  The firm also pay the cost of the exams which in most cases is about N25K and each staff will be given 6 weeks holiday to prepare for the exams and the days of the exams to sit.

If the salary of a staff per month is about N200K, the total cost to the firm to sponsor the exams per year is about N300K (30+10+25+225)K.  I qualified when I was with them and I still communicate with my friends who are now managers (i had to call them again today to confirm this).
what have you said?
whats the arguement all about? how much they pay entry level? this disjointed piece doesnt make meaning to me
misleading arguement? do you know me?

FACTS: Entry level pay is about 150k just like FBN and Union Bank so whats the misleading info

ur friends are managers in KPMG? grin
hehehehe. It will interest you to know that a lot of guys here have worked in those places, are chartered and are captains in finance industries already
i do not have to blow anything to make points.
very well said mr. elebute (lol)

i have chosen to ignore ur posts henceforth.

all the best man

1 Like

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tkb417(m): 1:18pm On Jun 26, 2009
The take home pay is about N150K assuming you pay the maximum PAYE tax at the rate of 20%. It was far higher than this until they cancelled their DCP scheme. Though bonuses are usually paid in December of every year. New staff dont usually take this until a year after they are recruited as they are perceived not to have contributed in generating the profit that result to the bonuses.

tkb417 is not a former staff of KPMG. He does not have any information that proves this.
B4 this thread, i have made statements of the consulting firm i worked but not KPMG on this blog
so whats the fuss?
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2009
tkb417:

what have you said?
whats the arguement all about? how much they pay entry level? this disjointed piece doesnt make meaning to me
misleading arguement? do you know me?

FACTS: Entry level pay is about 150k just like FBN and Union Bank so whats the misleading info

ur friends are managers in KPMG? grin
hehehehe. It will interest you to know that a lot of guys here have worked in those places, are chartered and are captains in finance industries already
i do not have to blow anything to make points.
very well said mr. elebute (lol)

i have chosen to ignore ur posts henceforth.

all the best man

It is better to let you be than to engage in a senseless and baseless exchange with you.

Thanks for referring to me as Kunle Elebute. I will prefer to be likened to someone like Seyi Bickerseth (who is their managing partner) or Yomi Sanni. Oh! I just noticed you told misled people on another thread by referring to Elebute as SNP of KPMG.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tkb417(m): 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2009
It is better to let you be than to engage in a senseless and baseless exchange with you.

Thanks for referring to me as Kunle Elebute. I will prefer to be likened to someone like Seyi Bickerseth (who is their managing partner) or Yomi Sanni. Oh! I just noticed you told misled people on another thread by referring to Elebute as SNP of KPMG.

LOL!
hehehehe, I had a one on one meeting with Elebute and Seyi on the setting up of a CFA society in Nigeria
I was a scribe in one of the syndicate sessions in the Infrastructural summit in Abuja where Igbokwe facilitated.
Like i said earlier, you attach so much importance to the name KPMG that im beginning to think the salvation of your soul is attched to how many times the name is typed here.

Elebute is a managing partner in KPMG just like Seyi who is the National Senior Partner. NSP not Senior National partner (coming from someone who worked in KPMG. LOL) so what is the misinformation?
If you check my antecedents on NL, i use so much vulgar and foul words at ease but im  restraining myself cos this thread doesnt call for it.

Next time you attempt at throwing cheap shots, i'll so much be magnanimous in my dossier that you will think its much more than that.
Feel free to be stupid by alluding to so much bunkum.
at ur age? KPMG is ur seal of arrival
u need a lobotomy.

Be wise and free me

and pls, i put it to you that you never worked in KPMG cos u lie with ease

Back to the topic
The entry level pay in KPMG is equal to FBN and Union. FACT.

The difference in pay between an entry level in Audit and say Financial Advisory is about 30,000 - FACT

KPMG is much more respected in Nigeria - Subjective but you can ask anybody who works or has workd there
DAYOKANU on NL can say a word here

Elebute is a Managing Partner in KPMG and i cant remember saying he was the National Senior Partner.
stop crying like a wolf. Im not after your fcking life. stop bitching and address the issues.

which of my posts is wrong and if none, hold ur peace for life or be ready for personal attacks from me
ive condoned ur ill manners and stupendous buffoonery but i wont take it again, i swear

PS: post where i called Elebute the NSP here for all to see

3 Likes

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2009
tkb417:

LOL!
hehehehe, I had a one on one meeting with Elebute and Seyi on the setting up of a CFA society in Nigeria
I was a scribe in one of the syndicate sessions in the Infrastructural summit in Abuja where Igbokwe facilitated.
Like i said earlier, you attach so much importance to the name KPMG that im beginning to think the salvation of your soul is attched to how many times the name is typed here.

Elebute is a managing partner in KPMG just like Seyi who is the National Senior Partner. NSP not Senior National partner (coming from someone who worked in KPMG. LOL) so what is the misinformation?
If you check my antecedents on NL, i use so much vulgar and foul words at ease but im restraining myself cos this thread doesnt call for it.

Next time you attempt at throwing cheap shots, i'll so much be magnanimous in my dossier that you will think its much more than that.
Feel free to be stupid by alluding to so much bunkum.
at ur age? KPMG is ur seal of arrival
u need a lobotomy.

Be wise and free me

and pls, i put it to you that you never worked in KPMG cos u lie with ease

Back to the topic
The entry level pay in KPMG is equal to FBN and Union. FACT.

The difference in pay between an entry level in Audit and say Financial Advisory is about 30,000 - FACT

KPMG is much more respected in Nigeria - Subjective but you can ask anybody who works or has workd there
DAYOKANU on NL can say a word here

Elebute is a Managing Partner in KPMG and i cant remember saying he was the National Senior Partner.
stop crying like a wolf. Im not after your fcking life. stop bitching and address the issues.

which of my posts is wrong and if none, hold ur peace for life or be ready for personal attacks from me
ive condoned ur ill manners and stupendous buffoonery but i wont take it again, i swear

PS: post where i called Elebute the NSP here for all to see

There is nothing like "Managing Partner" at KPMG. It was changed to "National Senior Partner" in 2004. Seyi is the NSP and he manages KPMG franchise in Nigeria. Kunle Elebute is only the head of FAS and nothing more. Though he's the third on the chain of command after Bisi Lamikanra who is the head of BAS. How can you have MP and NSP? Can you tell me the difference?

I have not compared the pay of FAS and Audit as they earn the same and staff in the two divisions are required to be ICAN qualified. However, staff in BAS or BRS earn more than staff FAS, Audit, Tax (where they are both not qualified). The difference in pay is used to cover the cost of ICAN which the firm pays.

Entry level staff at FBN and UBN still earn net income of N100k per month (about N1.5M per annum) and that is a FACT. Comparing salaries at KPMG with this is absurd and without basis.

FYI, I cant deny that KPMG gave me the first break of my professional career. I do not hold any grudge against you or anybody on this forum. I only advise that you should stop misleading people with wrong information. The fact that you were a secretary at a forum which partners at KPMG attended does not make you know things about the firm.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tkb417(m): 4:51pm On Jun 26, 2009
There is nothing like "Managing Partner" at KPMG.  It was changed to "National Senior Partner" in 2004.  Seyi is the NSP and he manages KPMG franchise in Nigeria.  Kunle Elebute is only the head of FAS and nothing more.  Though he's the third on the chain of command after Bisi Lamikanra who is the head of BAS.  How can you have MP and NSP?  Can you tell me the difference?

hmmm, we have one NSP and we have 20 partners in KPMG. Kunle Elebute is refered to as a Managing Partner in KPMG

I have not compared the pay of FAS and Audit as they earn the same and staff in the two divisions are required to be ICAN qualified.  However, staff in BAS or BRS earn more than staff FAS, Audit, Tax (where they are both not qualified).  The difference in pay is used to cover the cost of ICAN which the firm pays.
i cant remember discussing general pay for the staff but the entry level pay. so whats the point in all these?

Entry level staff at FBN and UBN still earn net income of N100k per month (about N1.5M per annum) and that is a FACT.  Comparing salaries at KPMG with this is absurd and without basis.
check ur facts again.

FYI, I cant deny that KPMG gave me the first break of my professional career.  I do not hold any grudge against you or anybody on this forum.  I only advise that you should stop misleading people with wrong information
I have not misled anybody on this blog. If you have doubts or the use of English is your problem, check for the word mislead and stop throwing tantrums

The fact that you were a secretary at a forum which partners at KPMG attended does not make you know things about the firm.

ill indulge you.  A yoruba adage goes like this, Agba ofifo lo ma n pariwo ju
Im not in any contest with you. I'm learning how not to join issues with street urchins so ill let it pass
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tkb417(m): 5:07pm On Jun 26, 2009
and where did i mislead by calling Elebute the NSP?

you cant find the link again?
In the posse of the retards, you shld be made a crown prince

i bow for ur fcking cantankerous, imbecilic traits
is this hereditary?

get help dude
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 7:23pm On Jun 26, 2009
tkb417:

hmmm, we have one NSP and we have 20 partners in KPMG. Kunle Elebute is refered to as a Managing Partner in KPMG
i cant remember discussing general pay for the staff but the entry level pay. so whats the point in all these?
check ur facts again.

I have not misled anybody on this blog. If you have doubts or the use of English is your problem, check for the word mislead and stop throwing tantrums

ill indulge you. A yoruba adage goes like this, Agba ofifo lo ma n pariwo ju
Im not in any contest with you. I'm learning how not to join issues with street urchins so ill let it pass

I rest my case.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by fs(f): 7:34pm On Jun 26, 2009
I'll start by saying I'm an outsider, at least in regards to the Big 4 in Nigeria. I worked for a Big 4 (Deloitte) in the US.

From what I've seen/heard, in Nigeria, KPMG seems to be the most respected, then PwC, then Deloitte. I have no idea where E&Y stands or if there's even an E&Y in Nigeria. In the US, the status of the firms depends on what city you are in. I know when I was in Boston, PwC, Deloitte & E&Y came to recruit at my school and we never heard good things about KPMG, but that was in Boston. In general, it doesn't matter what big 4 you work for, but when you are aware of their little differences, definitely take that into consideration. They are all internationally well recognized so at the end of the day, they'll all add value to your resume. If I was the original poster (who I'm sure has already made his/her decision by now), I'd go with PwC, although in the US, I prefer Deloitte and even E&Y to PwC.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 8:08pm On Jun 26, 2009
fs:

I'll start by saying I'm an outsider, at least in regards to the Big 4 in Nigeria. I worked for a Big 4 (Deloitte) in the US.

From what I've seen/heard, in Nigeria, KPMG seems to be the most respected, then PwC, then Deloitte. I have no idea where E&Y stands or if there's even an E&Y in Nigeria. In the US, the status of the firms depends on what city you are in. I know when I was in Boston, PwC, Deloitte & E&Y came to recruit at my school and we never heard good things about KPMG, but that was in Boston. In general, it doesn't matter what big 4 you work for, but when you are aware of their little differences, definitely take that into consideration. They are all internationally well recognized so at the end of the day, they'll all add value to your resume. If I was the original poster (who I'm sure has already made his/her decision by now), I'd go with PwC, although in the US, I prefer Deloitte and even E&Y to PwC.

Thank you fs for your contribution. There is Ernst & Young in Nigeria though not as big as KPMG, PwC and Deloitte. The decision to choose one of the Big 4 depends on individual. I have worked with KPMG and PwC in NIgeria and I know the one I prefer between the two. I work in Europe now and I know the one that has a better hold around here.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by kadman(m): 11:09am On Jun 27, 2009
Sagamite. I just sent you an email ! Please reply ASAP. Thanks a lot bro
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tayediggs: 11:16pm On Jun 30, 2009
http://www.top100graduateemployers.com/employers/ - Check ds out, maaybe it settles the argument

I just got deloitte myself. Does anyone really really know how much they pay entry level? Cos u find a lot of folks saying different things.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by fs(f): 5:34am On Jul 01, 2009
That list doesn't ncessariy mean anything. It is for the UK, not Nigeria. LIke was previously said, the level of prestige of each firm varies by city/country, but either way, all the Big 4 firms are fine.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by McNiche(m): 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2009
hi all. i would've posted this question independently, but i thought i would get more prompt & reliable responses from experienced guys who have already subscribed to this thread.

i'm currently going through the recruitment processes of KPMG. in my profile I opted for Advisory (Business Performance Services). My areas of interest are Project Management, Continuous Process Improvement, Lean Management, etc. i already acquired a CAPM credential (certified associate in project management). Please I need advice on what other courses will help my career and also increase my chances of getting absorbed.

looking forward to your responses.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by mcgboye(m): 1:05pm On Jul 22, 2009
@tos & TKY147
While i enjoyed some parts of your exchanges while it lasted and actually benefitted from the revelations, i think you guys should be more mature about this. come on guys, i am sure Seun didnt start this post to look for trouble.

however, some quick questions: how long does KPMG take after Medicals to offer employment? can anything go wrong at the medicals? if yes, what sorts of things? i had my medicals for the september K-BAC but am yet to hear anything. could it have been becos my urine sample for the medicals was colored, for example? or what?

plus, as per the salary stuff, it's still a little bit ambiguous. i am going for audit, which means i will be required to sit ICAN. but a frind who joined last october said the take home is 105k, though it sometimes goes up. can you guys explain this?

@McNiche, so what stage are you now? i finisdhed my one interview last year, but couldnt take up an offer with the Risk Management unit last year cos i was keen on making an impact at my 40k-a-month job. would u believe it?
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 12:25pm On Jul 23, 2009
mcgboye:

@tos & TKY147
While i enjoyed some parts of your exchanges while it lasted and actually benefitted from the revelations, i think you guys should be more mature about this. come on guys, i am sure Seun didnt start this post to look for trouble.

however, some quick questions: how long does KPMG take after Medicals to offer employment? can anything go wrong at the medicals? if yes, what sorts of things? i had my medicals for the september K-BAC but am yet to hear anything. could it have been becos my urine sample for the medicals was colored, for example? or what?

plus, as per the salary stuff, it's still a little bit ambiguous. i am going for audit, which means i will be required to sit ICAN. but a frind who joined last october said the take home is 105k, though it sometimes goes up. can you guys explain this?

@McNiche, so what stage are you now? i finisdhed my one interview last year, but couldnt take up an offer with the Risk Management unit last year cos i was keen on making an impact at my 40k-a-month job. would u believe it?

Hello mcgboye - Sorry I was unable to respond to your question earlier. Please stop worrying about what the colour of your urine was when you did your medicals. KPMG does not consider "fever" before offering jobs to successful applicants. The fact that the Firm asked you to do the medicals shows that you have crossed all the hurdles. The results of the medicals are usually sent to KPMG between 1 and 2 weeks after the test. However KPMG usually send out KBAC letters about 1 month to the training. Even some people receive their letters a week or two weeks prior to it even if they have done their medicals 5 months earlier.

The pay of KPMG fluntuates when a special/one-off payments such as bonuses (usually in january), clothing (i think in september), etc. are made to staff. But I believe the monthly take home pay now should be in the region of N120 to N150 depending on whether you are on ICAN path.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by mcgboye(m): 12:59pm On Jul 23, 2009
thanks TOS.
just heard from an insider that this year's training is for august at Golden Gate. whatever made them change the venue?
Golden gate is going to be rough
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by canuck(m): 10:32pm On Jul 30, 2009
So, Mr. ONEONYX, which one did you go for? Deloitte or PwC, or neither?

Intelligent and serious-minded people can't be arguing on the thread you created for nothing, without getting the outcome.

Just sayin'

1 Like

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by BarbDeWyre: 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2009
Hi all. I work in a bank presently as a marketer, and I am hell tired of it. I want to do something more intellectually tasking and challenging. I am interested in working with KPMG or any other good auditing firm. I don't have an ICAN cert and I don't have any other cert apart from my degree. I am also from a science background. Do I have a chance at getting selected at any of these auditing frms? And has anyone got advice for me on a career switch?
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by Emuejev: 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2009
@mcgboye-i just concluded the kpmg partner's interview last month, am still yet to hear from them as per my status, pls was it the same for you, i dont really understand what is going on, in april we were told we would be recruited for the september batch, this one you are saying training is august, am worried again, i dont want to put my life on hold for nothing,

I'd appreciate any feedback, Thank u
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by mcgboye(m): 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2009
I just got off the phone with a friend, and he said they are starting KBAC september 14. my problem is, why havent they contacted anybody (or is it only me). it is just over a month away, and one needs to prepare his mind, especially someone like me who's required to give a month notice to a present employer.
dont worry. i heard medicals and call-up could take just a week, tehre seems to eb no general rule when it comes to KPMG.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by Emuejev: 10:49am On Aug 09, 2009
@mcgboye
I dont know should we contact the HR person who usually calls, and you didnt tell me how long it took you from partner's interview to medicals, pls let me know when u can

The no general rule is especially bad, a company should have at least a method for conducting recruitments, anyways its nigeria, what can one do.Thank you.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 3:47pm On Aug 10, 2009
Emuejev:

@mcgboye
I dont know should we contact the HR person who usually calls, and you didnt tell me how long it took you from partner's interview to medicals, pls let me know when u can

The no general rule is especially bad, a company should have at least a method for conducting recruitments, anyways its nigeria, what can one do.Thank you.

I will advise you guys to call HR to find out what is going on. Though I dont think there is a problem as KPMG does not a time-table for sending KBAC letters to new entrants. Since KBAC is starting in September, I believe you should get your letters anytime soon.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by Emuejev: 4:29pm On Aug 11, 2009
Guys i am honestly tired, the Hr people just got back tome, i was told i would have to undergo another interview , this time with their divisional head of audit, meaning i have to brush off on accounting and auditing.

Please has anyone been through this kind of interview,

Please i would appreciate any feedback

1 Like

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by mcgboye(m): 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2009
Hello all.
few minutes after i posted my lasted contribution, i got a text from HR to pick my offer letter. in fact, i got the letter earlier today, and yes, i can confirm that the training is for sept 14 @ golden gate.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by Emuejev: 5:54pm On Aug 11, 2009
Congrats Mcgboye
am just tired of interviews, wish me luck tho,
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2009
Emuejev:

Congrats Mcgboye
am just tired of interviews, wish me luck tho,

Congrats mcgboye. I wish you the best.

Emuejev:

Guys i am honestly tired, the Hr people just got back tome, i was told i would have to undergo another interview , this time with their divisional head of audit, meaning i have to brush off on accounting and auditing.

Please has anyone been through this kind of interview,

Please i would appreciate any feedback

Emuejev - You dont need to brush off on accounting and auditing. The divisional head knows you are not an accounting graduate and wont bother to ask you accounting related questions. You only need to be prepared to answer some personal and career questions such as how many sibblings fo you have?, etc.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by Emuejev: 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2009
am an accounting grad actually,
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 11:00am On Aug 13, 2009
Emuejev:

am an accounting grad actually,

So what is that statement about brushing off all about?
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by mcgboye(m): 5:24pm On Aug 13, 2009
thanks TOS & Emuejev. wish u all the best.
Never mind, God is in control.

meanwhile TOS, seems everyone is leaving pwc for kpmg. i think 3 friends have left pwc in recent months for kpmg, and i colected my letter alonghside another guy that works tehre. what could be happening?
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 11:29am On Aug 14, 2009
mcgboye:

thanks TOS & Emuejev. wish u all the best.
Never mind, God is in control.

meanwhile TOS, seems everyone is leaving pwc for kpmg. i think 3 friends have left pwc in recent months for kpmg, and i colected my letter alonghside another guy that works tehre. what could be happening?

That is the problem with most people as they made decisions abruptly without considering others that have been in the system. There is no doubt that KPMG Professional Services is a good place to work in Nigeria but PWC provides a greater especially when you want to have a feel of the world outside Nigeria. Their global mobility programme is so smooth that staff can move from one office to another anywhere in the world.

Though I agree that staff in both firms work for long hours, PWC still gives staff opportunity to do flexi hours. KPMG proposed this about 4 years ago but it was never successful. The only person that was allowed to do flexi was a foreigner and that was because they agreed in advance before she took the appointment.

KPMG's Tax Division is big and it's well known everywhere in the country but PWC has a bigger Audit Division. The only reason whey people move from PwC to KPMG is pay. KPMG's pay package is far better than PwC's but I cant really say much about what their take-home pay will be now since they cancelled the DCP (deferred compensation). Most Nigeria graduates dont want to know what the working condition is, they are only concerned about what will be in their pockets by month end.

Please note that i'm not discouraging in anyway cos I believe you'll enjoy your time at KPMG. You have also being placed in a position to move to any industry you like in the future. Best of luck once more.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by mcgboye(m): 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2009
thanks TOS. i cant wait to start. it's been almost 39 months since i wrote and passed the test.

but, just being curious, at what time do you get all the allowances i.e housing, transport, utility, entertainment, clothing etc. is it monthly or after a period of the year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Faith Ogochukwu: A Nigerian Soldier Who Is A Rice Farmer (Photos) / “I Slay In My Military Uniform Just The Same Way I Slay In My Civil Wear” / A Lady Cleaner In A Cinema In Abuja Shares Her Story. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.