Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,373 members, 7,864,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:09 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (71223 Views)

Poll: Do You Want Ade To Leave Arsenal FC?

Yes - Sell him immediately: 28% (17 votes)
Yes - Use the money to strengthen the team: 41% (25 votes)
No - Ade has been maltreated by the press: 10% (6 votes)
Not unless he is replaced, I will be sad to see him go: 18% (11 votes)
Unsure: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 9:16pm On Jul 23, 2009
v3nom4eva:

a single match can't determine how well a player plays. . .he's gotta be consistent and NOT average, and THAT's wenger's going for experience (i just hope say d guy no go fall our hand dis time around). .

My ideal buys would be

Gokhan Inler
Lorik Cana
Mahmadou Diarra
Xabi Alonso. . . I smell a rat wif this guy, Wenger might pull a fast one on liverpool wif this deal (if it comes up)

umm. . .there's more, just gotta upd8 my list, thats all

Arsene WILL NEVER re-sign Diarra even if he were to be the last DM in the whole wide world.
Not after he had bad-mouthed AW in an interview
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:23pm On Jul 23, 2009
@ rasputinn

Mahmadou is the other Diarra at Real - after his stint at Lyon and at Madrid, I would very much fancy him given that Madrid will have something close to a fire sale in August to reduce the wages on their books.

Alonso is dead in the water - we can't afford him at the ~30m price Benitez wants. Cana is possible IF Wenger wants him, but that is far from being certain. Inler? Don't know.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biina: 9:41pm On Jul 23, 2009
debosky:

@ rasputinn

Mahmadou is the other Diarra at Real - after his stint at Lyon and at Madrid, I would very much fancy him given that Madrid will have something close to a fire sale in August to reduce the wages on their books.

Alonso is dead in the water - we can't afford him at the ~30m price Benitez wants. Cana is possible IF Wenger wants him, but that is far from being certain. Inler? Don't know.
If you are waiting for a fire sale at Madrid, forget it. Most of the players would be gone by the end of the month. and anyways we dont deal with ijebu clubs tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2009
biina:

If you are waiting for a fire sale at Madrid, forget it. Most of the players would be gone by the end of the month. and anyways we dont deal with ijebu clubs tongue
Yeah right - they've been on sale since June and how many sales are confirmed?

biina:

We have sold Saviola (€5M) and Garcia (€7M) . Also on their way out is Negredo (likely at €20M to spurs, but he wants to stay in spain), Huntelaar(€20M), Drenthe, Van der Vaart, Ruud (possibly monaco), Heinze (marseille), and Robben.

The club debt as at the end of last season was €125m from €200m the last year with a pre tax profit of €58m. Enough room to accommodate the debt in question.
Only 12m of sales - all the other sales are stalling. . . . the fire sale is coming. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biina: 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2009
debosky:

Yeah right - they've been on sale since June and how many sales are confirmed?
Only 12m of sales - all the other sales are stalling. . . . the fire sale is coming. cool
A lot of the sales are being held up by the coach, who is still evaluating the players (he just had like 2 wks with the team). For example, one of RVN and Negredo is likely to stay, but there is no confirmation yet on the expected productivity from RVN. Metz is no longer for sale, while Robben seems to have joined the list after the coach requested for Granero. Drenthe is trying to make a case for a position at LB etc. The only confirmed player leaving is huntelaar, others are free to leave but may end up staying depending on who comes in.

By the peace cup there should be a more definite list of exit bound players. Unfortunately for you, all will be outside your price range grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:01pm On Jul 23, 2009
biina:

A lot of the sales are being held up by the coach, who is still evaluating the players (he just had like 2 wks with the team). For example, one of RVN and Negredo is likely to stay, but there is no confirmation yet on the expected productivity from RVN. Metz is no longer for sale, while Robben seems to have joined the list after the coach requested for Granero. Drenthe is trying to make a case for a position at LB etc. The only confirmed player leaving is huntelaar, others are free to leave but may end up staying depending on who comes in.

By the peace cup there should be a more definite list of exit bound players. Unfortunately for you, all will be outside your price range grin
We shall see - I guarantee there will be a fire sale of some sorts when players/the club get desperate.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biina: 10:15pm On Jul 23, 2009
debosky:

We shall see - I guarantee there will be a fire sale of some sorts when players/the club get desperate.
Forget about the firesale. Worst case is those players going out on loan.
Another player, Parejo, is out on is way to getafe, with the usual buy back clause. Deal should be finalised on friday.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 2:34am On Jul 24, 2009
Guess who's been reading nairaland. . . . . . . grin

Spend it well: New City signing Adebayor's parting shot at Arsenal

Emmanuel Adebayor claims Arsene Wenger was forced into selling him because Arsenal needed the cash.

In a parting shot at the club and their fans after his £25million move to super-rich
Manchester City, the unpopular striker insists he was the victim and not the agitator in the deal.

With clouds of doubt gathering over the Emirates after another quiet summer in the transfer market, Adebayor’s advice to Wenger to ‘spend the money well’ will impress few of the club’s fans.

But after the Arsenal faithful turned against him last season and then cheered his departure, the Togo forward has hit back.

Adebayor said: ‘I came back from holiday and in my first training session they told me that they had accepted an offer for me.

‘I asked Wenger why he wanted to sell me. I found out that Arsenal needed the money and that I was the target. I never wanted to leave. I’m happy they get their money and I hope they spend it well.

‘I scored 30 goals for Arsenal two seasons ago and it was not my fault that AC Milan, Barcelona or Real Madrid wanted to buy me.

‘The way the fans turned against me was not nice. They didn’t turn on Cesc Fabregas when Barcelona showed interest in him. When a player plays well clubs come in for him. The fans never understood that and I cannot understand why they went after me. I played my heart out for that club and gave it my best and the way the fans behaved towards me was not nice at all.

‘I was in the same position as Cesc. Every summer Barcelona tried to sign him, but the fans never turned on him.’

Source:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1201845/Spend-New-Manchester-City-signing-Emmanuel-Adebayors-parting-shot-Arsenal.html

. . . . .for some parts,the enboldened(fan's not turning against Cesc for whatever reason) was always Sauron's(and maybe Kit) argument anytime Ade's issue came up.Guess Ade's been taking a cue. tongue grin

Seriously now,i knew it was just a matter of when and not if Ade will talk to the press as per his transfer imbroglio cum what went down "back-stage".Was Ade just a pawn in the financial wheel deal at the club,or a malignant tumour that must be rid off? undecided

I think it's a mixture of the two reasons.

BTW,thanks! the advice regarding spending the money well is noted. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tysante(m): 5:32am On Jul 24, 2009
*Arsenal’s 28-man squad list for Austria released

*Simpson – My loan showed what I’m capable of

Get details @ www.boxeighteen.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 6:01am On Jul 24, 2009
debosky:

@ rasputinn

Oops my bad,I meant the younger Diarra,Lassana who had claimed he did not learn anything under Arsene while he was with us
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 10:51am On Jul 24, 2009
Expect more vituperation from Ade
Only pray that he will be cured of his 'Mouth Dysentry' which also invariably led to his exit from Arsenal.
Compare to what Thierry Henry has to say about Arsenal

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1766_5451004,00.html

Is the difference not clear?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:47am On Jul 24, 2009
Ade is too thick to get it - did we ever hear Cesc's agent going on about Barca or screaming how he wanted to join them and be reunited with Titi?

I've already wasted a line on the lout, that's way too much NEXT! >>>>> Good Riddance! cool

More confirmation from the official site that Eduardo is NOT injured

Eduardo is set to make his pre-season bow on Monday at Szombathelyi Haladas.

In past few days rumours have started circulating that the Croatian striker had picked up an injury that would keep him sidelined for a couple of months.

This is not the case and today’s Austrian News Bulletin will carry footage of the 26-year-old hard in training on Wednesday afternoon.

“Eduardo should play on Monday,” confirmed Arsène Wenger after the 7-1 win at SC Columbia earlier this week.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/eduardo-hungry-for-starting-place-on-monday
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 1:15pm On Jul 24, 2009
Time to a-pic-posting grin cheesy Footie resumes soon yay!!! cheesy

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 1:49pm On Jul 24, 2009
Adelocks again ?
Somewhere in lome boys mind is embedded the notion that the world rates him in the class of Etos and Zlatans. All this talk of Milan and Barca wouldn't be coming up if he knew the calibre of strikers that tried and failed at those clubs after big money transfers. Whether Arsenal offer the money or not, £25m is not the kind of money you reject for someone who's really worth just half that value.
But all that doesn't overshadow the fact that he had become persona non grata at emirates. That guy no get mouth control at all.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2009
Forgot to say nice pix mk2 .
See how the boys look happy with Ade out of sight.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2009
HNIC:

Expect more vituperation from Ade
Only pray that he will be cured of his 'Mouth Dysentry' which also invariably led to his exit from Arsenal.

This has always been Ade's problem,from the day Arsene indicated interest in him,he went blah blah blah about Stephen Keshi,now that he's gone to Citeh,he's doing the same about AW
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2009
More pics from the Arsenal training camp. cool

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 5:20pm On Jul 24, 2009
@ Debosky
Wey Abou Diabolical
Or AW has banned him to the sidelines just to watch so that he doesn't break another leg? grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2009
HNIC:

@ Debosky
Wey Abou Diabolical
Or AW has banned him to the sidelines just to watch so that he doesn't break another leg? grin grin grin

grin grin grin

I suspect so! cheesy

But seriously, not everyone was in this shots - Diaby's hiding in the back of the group pic though. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:16pm On Jul 24, 2009
Are these the cretins Arsenal is hoping to file out this season?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:28pm On Jul 24, 2009
dayokanu:

DK has been released from The Urbana-Champagne Mental Institute cheesy Welcome back bro! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2009
debosky:

DK has been released from The Urbana-Champagne Mental Institute cheesy Welcome back bro! grin

DK having finally succeeded in his coup to oust Sharon from the comity of Nairalanders. . . . an outstanding feat considering the putsch was executed from the solitude of his prison cell. . . . reminds me of OBJ coming back to take the throne from KiriKiri Max. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2009
Ibime:

DK having finally succeeded in his coup to oust Sharon from the comity of Nairalanders. . . . an outstanding feat considering the putsch was executed from the solitude of his prison cell. . . . reminds me of OBJ coming back to take the throne from KiriKiri Max. grin

Sharon will be back - notice DK himself was on a forced hiatus as part of the behavioural modification program so Sharon is currently undergoing his own treatment.

I'm not too sure it succeeded on DK though, he still seems to hold as much venom as before. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:48pm On Jul 24, 2009
Trust DayoKanu to outlast anyone.  tongue tongue tongue

Before me there was none after me there would be no one.

I have been planning strategies for te new season at the Bayern summer training camp in Donaueschingen.

You guys should consider yourself lucky to be in the same generation with me.

You would tell your grand kids 'I lived in the time of DayoKanu' grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2009
Whoever thot of a Spurs V Barca friendly. . . . ?
What's that to achieve?

Let's get on with the white-wash. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 8:07pm On Jul 24, 2009
dayokanu:

Those bunch of lads will tonk Bayern Munich all day as well as an All Star Bundesliga Team!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biina: 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2009
BREAKING NEWS: Official: Sunderland Sign Lorik Cana From Marseille  tongue
  . . . . and there goes another one

Arsenal FC of Ijebuland grin
coached by the venerable Arsene 'tight fisted like tyson in his prime' Wenger grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 8:21pm On Jul 24, 2009
biina are you clowning? Lorik cana in Sunderland? Abeg gimme link.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biina: 8:23pm On Jul 24, 2009
dayokanu:

biina are you clowning? Lorik cana in Sunderland? Abeg gimme link.
http://www.safc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10281~1732872,00.html

grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 8:25pm On Jul 24, 2009
BIINA

Just because Lorik Cana was linked with Arsenal in the past doesnt mean he's top draw!
Sunderland signing him doesnt affect us in anyway. . . . . .
We were never out for him in the first place anyway, because if we were, he wouldav joined Arsenal! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biina: 8:26pm On Jul 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

BIINA

Just because Lorik Cana was linked with Arsenal in the past doesnt mean he's top draw!
Sunderland signing him doesnt affect us in anyway. . . . . .
We were never out for him in the first play anyway, because if we were, he wouldav joined Arsenal! cool

sour grapes tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Jul 24, 2009
Lorik Cana is farr better than any DM Assanal has right now.

So suck it up He is marseilles Captin and one of the best DM in Europe if not that Bayern already got Tymoschuk, Lorik Cana would have been a very worthy option

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (101)

Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 22nd August 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.