Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,376 members, 7,864,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:48 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (71224 Views)

Poll: Do You Want Ade To Leave Arsenal FC?

Yes - Sell him immediately: 28% (17 votes)
Yes - Use the money to strengthen the team: 41% (25 votes)
No - Ade has been maltreated by the press: 10% (6 votes)
Not unless he is replaced, I will be sad to see him go: 18% (11 votes)
Unsure: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 12:57am On Jul 23, 2009
@KAY n DEBO - dudu is fit and we hope he does not get injured at all embarassed embarassed embarassed

anyways. . . .the captain is back to training cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 1:02am On Jul 23, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Ashanti Kotoko is on his trail. . . . . . . . . . . tongue
make dem do quick na angry tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 1:26am On Jul 23, 2009
mukina2:

make dem do quick na angry tongue grin

abi ooo. . . even if its for 10.000 Cedis wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tysante(m): 8:08am On Jul 23, 2009
*Emirates Cup 2009

Saturday 1st August 2009
Rangers v Paris Saint-Germain (2pm Kick-off)
Arsenal v Atletico Madrid (4.15pm Kick-off)

Sunday 2nd August 2009
Atletico Madrid v Paris Saint-Germain (2pm kick-off)
Arsenal v Rangers (4.15pm kick-off)

Following the huge success of the two previous Emirates Cup tournaments in 2007 and 2008, Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Emirates Stadium will once again host a two-day pre-season tournament featuring four of Europe’s leading clubs.

*Wenger – Nasri could heal in six weeks

Arsène Wenger is hopeful that Samir Nasri’s fibula could heal in six weeks after discovering the fracture is a “simple one”.

The 22-year-old, who impressed in his first season at Emirates Stadium, suffered the injury on the first day of Arsenal’s pre-season training camp.

Speaking to Arsenal TV Online after Tuesday’s tour victory over SC Columbia, Wenger admitted that Nasri’s injury is a blow to his 2009/10 preparations. But the manager is buoyed by the return to full fitness of two other forward-thinking Gunners.

*Wenger: Knee injury scuppered Fabianski

Arsène Wenger has revealed why Lukasz Fabianski did not travel to Austria for the Gunners’ pre-season tour.

The 24-year-old goalkeeper was the only surprising omission from the squad which landed in Austria on Monday.

But, speaking after Tuesday’s victory over SC Columbia, Wenger cleared up the reason for his absence,

Get more football update from www.boxeighteen.
Saturday 1st August 2009
Rangers v Paris Saint-Germain (2pm Kick-off)
Arsenal v Atletico Madrid (4.15pm Kick-off)

Sunday 2nd August 2009
Atletico Madrid v Paris Saint-Germain (2pm kick-off)
Arsenal v Rangers (4.15pm kick-off)

Following the huge success of the two previous Emirates Cup tournaments in 2007 and 2008, Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Emirates Stadium will once again host a two-day pre-season tournament featuring four of Europe’s leading clubs.

*Wenger – Nasri could heal in six weeks

Arsène Wenger is hopeful that Samir Nasri’s fibula could heal in six weeks after discovering the fracture is a “simple one”.

The 22-year-old, who impressed in his first season at Emirates Stadium, suffered the injury on the first day of Arsenal’s pre-season training camp.

Speaking to Arsenal TV Online after Tuesday’s tour victory over SC Columbia, Wenger admitted that Nasri’s injury is a blow to his 2009/10 preparations. But the manager is buoyed by the return to full fitness of two other forward-thinking Gunners.

*Wenger: Knee injury scuppered Fabianski

Arsène Wenger has revealed why Lukasz Fabianski did not travel to Austria for the Gunners’ pre-season tour.

The 24-year-old goalkeeper was the only surprising omission from the squad which landed in Austria on Monday.

But, speaking after Tuesday’s victory over SC Columbia, Wenger cleared up the reason for his absence,

Get more football update from www.boxeighteen.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 8:31am On Jul 23, 2009
Just can't wait for august. . . my bday, d premiership n all.!!!!

Gunners4lyfe

Did someone say "Atletico Madrid"?. . .Sergio Aguero N Diego Forlan??. . .What a pair!!! I'd sure love to see em play against us!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2009
How i wish AW could sign Huntelaar but for 20M,I doubt if AW want to spend that much.

08.35 Tottenham have confirmed their interest in Real Madrid's Holland international Klaas-Jan Huntelaar after the striker shunned a proposed switch to Stuttgart.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 11:18am On Jul 23, 2009
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1201544/I-hope-Manchester-City-Arsenals-Champions-League-spot-says-Chelseas-Ashley-Cole.html

Can you see why this Chipmunk is reviled?
Till today, a lot of top footballers respect their humble beginnings.
See what Cashley wishes the club that brought him to limelight.
Can't stand this guy at all
Rubbish angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 11:21am On Jul 23, 2009
HNIC
Ashley Cole is an idiot. . . . Why worry yourself about him? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 11:28am On Jul 23, 2009
Chei.
Look at what Diabolical did to Samir!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 11:43am On Jul 23, 2009
Cashley Cole will always be a dork, useless muppet angry

when Important people talk, morons want to be heard too, i dont blame him, its the people that granted his Arrow face an interview.

he will always be a bitter and greedy dog tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 11:45am On Jul 23, 2009
chei!!! Nasri sorry oh embarassed

heard he will be out for six weeks only undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by RuuDie(m): 11:57am On Jul 23, 2009
Is that Nasri's babe or his grandmother grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Olumide7(m): 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2009
RuuDie:

No, she is just a passer-by! Don't worry he is still single but unfortunately for you, he is straight!!! tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2009
@ Biina.
To round it up. To show you what WB did was no mean feat, they trounced both Bayern & Hof in the league. Dzeko and Grafite scored a total 54 league goals together.(i believe It's b.liga). So just imagine Rvp as Dzeko & Eduardo as Edinaldo Grafite, cos they'll do same this season. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 12:12pm On Jul 23, 2009
Wenger's not worried about Nas so nobody else should too. My worry though is the impending sale of Sendo on football.co.uk. Why not Sly lik we all want ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2009
RuuDie:

sharap dia . .jolosy tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:19pm On Jul 23, 2009
People are getting antsy about Wenger and signings, and I am not surprised - given this is how he played out the last transfer window till no one joined (bar Nasri) then the concern is justified.

I however will try to give benefit of the doubt - we have ~5 weeks till the window closes, so there is still time to sign players. All I'd request is that Arsenal FC break this secrecy thing for once.

I personally believe Wenger is often denied of funds or not allowed to spend as much as he does,  but he never says so - now if the club come out and say we won't spend Ade's fee because we need it for so and so, at least we KNOW why and people don't start blaming AW and calling him 'stingy'.

Yes it could make us look cash strapped, but seriously, I'd personally want to know whether it is AW not interested in spending and deluded the squad is adequate, or whether he has true spending constraints that he is simply trying to manage with his words.

Back to Silvestre/Senderos. . . . . I think if I were to keep anyone, it'd be Big Phil. That said, MS will likely be gone in a season max, cos I'm sure he only signed a 2 year deal when he joined. Senderos? I don't really know - let's hope we can see him against Hannover or Valencia or at the Emirates cup so we can judge objectively. I personally like the lad even though he's had a few horrible moments especially against DD.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2009
DD ? The elephant grin.
@ Debo
So unfair to Sendo to base his performance on how he handles D. That guy is a behemoth grin , few defenders would have a good night sleep knowing they'l face him the next day. Let's just thank God his brains dont match his muscles grin if not ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2009
Anyone still probing the reasons for Arsenal's inertia in the transfer market needs to be lobotomised. The same imbeciles will still be here to argue that:

(a.) Arsenal are a big club with bountiful reserves

and

(b.) Arsene Knows

If the reason behind Arsenals transfer inactivity is not the anti-thesis of (a.) then that surely contradicts (b.) and vice-versa. This shows that gaynners arguments are conflicting and that the oddities in their positions are gargantuan.

Hazarding a guess, I would posit that Arsene's inactivity in the transfer market is mostly down to his own intransigence, as evidenced by his rejection of Real Madrid's advances, because he liked the challenge of working within stringent limits. There is no doubt that Arsene has the clout to force Gazidis to loosen the purse-strings, but everyone knows that he is an inside-man.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by RuuDie(m): 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2009
mukina2:

sharap dia . .jolosy tongue grin

Jolosy 4 wetin. . . .  shey u no fine pass d'at woman wey Nosiru go dey follow Abi ur hips dey lie? wink grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by RuuDie(m): 12:59pm On Jul 23, 2009
Grandmom to Nasri: shebi i have told you before to go and play with your age mates grin

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 1:08pm On Jul 23, 2009
RuuDie:

Jolosy 4 wetin. . . .  shey u no fine pass d'at woman wey Nosiru go dey follow Abi ur hips dey lie? wink grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2009
RuuDie:

sharap dia grin stop jolosing the boy's babe grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:27pm On Jul 23, 2009
Ibime:

Anyone still probing the reasons for Arsenal's inertia in the transfer market needs to be lobotomised. The same imbeciles will still be here to argue that:

(a.) Arsenal are a big club with bountiful reserves

and

(b.) Arsene Knows

If the reason behind Arsenals transfer inactivity is not the anti-thesis of (a.) then that surely contradicts (b.) and vice-versa. This shows that gaynners arguments are conflicting and the oddities in their positions are gargantuan.
Of course arguments are conflicting. A great section of gunners are influenced by the 'selling club' ideas being thrown around by the media, while another section is solidly behind Arsene's comments about he being able to do what he wants and being in full charge of the team/spending.

If you're in camp A, then Wenger is stingy and pursues a very wrong strategy for a big club like ours.

If you're in camp B, Wenger is not at fault and should be congratulated for doing what he has done with such lean resources, though he has some stubborn flaws.

The financial records do not help either, as many items are obfuscated under ambiguous headings without clear delineation to show what is spent where.

Hazarding a guess, I would posit that Arsene's inactivity in the transfer market is mostly down to his own intransigence, as evidenced by his rejection of Real Madrid's advances, because he liked the challenge of working within stringent limits. There is no doubt that Arsene has the clout to force Gazidis to loosen the purse-strings, but everyone knows that he is an inside-man.

Firstly, this isn't a matter of clout - if the club is broke, there is no loosening of strings to be done, the money is simply not there.

Secondly, Wenger values his stability/position at Arsenal more than anything and knows he already has a name - there's little left for him to achieve except win the CL, which he can claim he is close to doing by virtue of two semis and one final. He will never be given as much absolute power as he has at Arsenal FC, so why leave?

Thirdly, Arsene does in a sense fancy working under 'stringent' conditions, as it will increase his personal satisfaction/glory if he achieves success under these conditions. Even as things stand, to achieve what he has with that quantum of spending is in itself a minor miracle.

Fourthly, the truth likely lies halfway in between - some intransigence from AW, and genuine financial constraints within the club. In the end, AW is forced to make only part of the decisions he desires to make, and this inevitably leads to his 'excuses' about being 'unlucky', 'young' and 'close' in order to protect the club as a whole.

This is in contrast to someone like Benitez, who will complain publicly about lack of funds season after season as the reason for his failure to win.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 1:48pm On Jul 23, 2009
So if Wenger refuses to join Madrid that's an indication of his personality and his stance on board room dealings ?
Wenger's not the only tactician to refuse Madrid. Benitez has doing so since his first day at liverpool.
Any one with half the class of the french wizard wouldn't want to sink to pretentious welcome that greets all Madrid coaches at recruitment ; rude awakening of boo-ing fans at winter break ; and ultimately an acrimonious departure by may. He's just too wise for that which may even be the season of his derision for their transfer style that's being emulated by the rest of Europe.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Borat1: 3:46pm On Jul 23, 2009
Can someone please remove the poll on this thread. Its ridiculous
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biina: 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2009
The main reason that arsenal arent spending as much is simply cos they are cash strapped, and the downturn in the economy hasn't helped.
Unfortunately, they need to maintain their UCL spot for a few more years, else they may end up in a financial crisis, but the money bags at City, and to a lesser extent Villa and everton, have a different idea.
I think if they could hold on to that spot for like 5 more years, they would have passed the worst, but now that doesnt look likely.
Unless Arsenal gets funds from some money bag, there are tough times ahead.

AW likely turned down madrid possibly cos it would be like he failed at the project and then ran away. If arsenal had been winning in recent times, I am sure he would have taken the offer.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2009
According to the gospel of Biina, every club in England is going broke.

Whilst sensible clubs like Arsenal and Man Utd leverage their future earnings against new stadiums and buyouts, the idiots at Real Madrid leverage their future for near-term acquisition of players. Florentino Perez's financial wizardry will soon be exposed as a con, and Real Madrid will soon have to be bailed out again by their quasi-stakeholders at Madrid City council.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2009
biina:

AW likely turned down madrid possibly cos it would be like he failed at the project and then ran away. If arsenal had been winning in recent times, I am sure he would have taken the offer.

Ridiculous assertion - Arsene will not leave because he is not interested in a hire/fire job at Madrid period.

Arsenal doesn't need moneybags to remain 4th - the current squad will do that at a canter - what we need is choice additions to propel us HIGHER.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2009
@ Biina
From the way you write, one would think winning or being successful in footie is just about buying loads of players.
My dear friend, footie doesn't always work like that.
If it did, u won't have a Barnsley and Burnley beating Chelsea, neither would you have Senegal beating France 1-0 in 2002 world cup.
As much as I am an Arsenal fan and would like AW to buy in NEEDED areas(For Christ sake, there is quality in the Arsenal squad),
I would never support him paying over the odds for a player!
Really, how would it feel shelling out 30m on a player and he comes to you and flops!
There is some quiet in transfer activities as we speak, but watch out.Arsenal is not through with player transfers yet.
On the flip side, we have only lost one player,who 95% of the fans would rather see leave anyway.
Compare to last year when Flamster and Hleb had gone and Adebayor was flirting with both Barca and Milan!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MoneyRule(m): 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2009
I personally trust AW to sign atleast one more player this window but i hope he makes the right choice! I believe that what Arsenal really need is an experienced defensive midfielder,i wuld have said a defender but then he's already signed one so although we might need a striker,i think we need a defensive midfielder who would do the "dirty work" more! Now, i think AW has figured that out and might be secretly searchin 4 one but i say to AW "speed it up" i won't want a case whereby he brings in one in january and then won't be able to use the player for champions league matches!

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 5:49pm On Jul 23, 2009
MoneyRule:

I personally trust AW to sign atleast one more player this window but i hope he makes the right choice! I believe that what Arsenal really need is an experienced defensive midfielder,i wuld have said a defender but then he's already signed one so although we might need a striker,i think we need a defensive midfielder who would do the "dirty work" more! Now, i think AW has figured that out and might be secretly searchin 4 one but i say to AW "speed it up" i won't want a case whereby he brings in one in january and then won't be able to use the player for champions league matches!

good piece!!

in that regards. . .i suggest Lorik Cana. . .i so much like him wink

a new striker too wont hurt

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (101)

Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 22nd August 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.