Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored (12770 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene / My Take On Chimamanda "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Does Anyone Feel The Same Way To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by peeparty(m): 5:15pm On Nov 03, 2015
evegran:

I am.
aiit my regards to family...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by deramarks(f): 7:05pm On Nov 03, 2015
evegran:

Hahahaha
Look at someone who said she wants to beat Chimamanda?
You spelt "uncultured" as "uncultered" ??
Hahahahaha
Go back to primary school. You even look like a primary school drop-out.
Bloody village she goat. Mtchewwwwww. Nonsense!
I am almost tempted to call u mannerless creature wit no sense of approach almost tempted to say dat u re an animal wit not one ounce of wit I even observed dat u don't have common sense nd dat u re furstrated but I won't use dat to insult u eida cuz I have respect to d brim even for fools wit priviledge to use d internet I also don't like insultin unhealthy pple seekin attention and going any extreme to get it I know dat in ur silly filled brain u feel av used abusive words on u d truth is I haven directly used any of it on u cuz I don't know u but weda I used d word dirrectly on u or weda I didn't d effect of it is still d same have a nice day am done wit u
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by deramarks(f): 7:16pm On Nov 03, 2015
evegran:

Hahahaha
Look at someone who said she wants to beat Chimamanda?
You spelt "uncultured" as "uncultered" ??
Hahahahaha
Go back to primary school. You even look like a primary school drop-out.
Bloody village she goat. Mtchewwwwww. Nonsense!
btw oo u re female nd u re abusing me like one male dat detest gals? Ah ahn haba nairlanders dats harsh haven't u heard of "us gals gat to stick togeda" ? U shudnt jump on a fellow gal like dat nd gals don't abuse d way u do I take my abuse back d only insultive word I used is/was "silly filled brain" I take it back I dunno about u but I loathe abusing gals tnz seriously am done
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2015
peeparty:

aiit my regards to family...

Okay. So you'd rather be invisible. Ok!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2015
deramarks:
btw oo u re female nd u re abusing me like one male dat detest gals? Ah ahn haba nairlanders dats harsh haven't u heard of "us gals gat to stick togeda" ? U shudnt jump on a fellow gal like dat nd gals don't abuse d way u do I take my abuse back d only insultive word I used is/was "silly filled brain" I take it back I dunno about u but I loathe abusing gals tnz seriously am done

Oh after lashing out on me at first for giving you a sensible advice, now you realise "us girls got to stick together"?
I won't have abused you if you didn't reply me rudely. I was impressed you said you'd put Chimamanda out cause of how good your books will be. I was wishing you the best even and advising you.
What did you do? You got irritated and attacked me like we're dragging one man.
It was annoying!

You started this.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by peeparty(m): 7:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
evegran:

nope Ama visible....you unfollowed me nau.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by peeparty(m): 7:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
evegran:

nope am not. you unfollowed me??
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2015
^^^You don't have to use a similar argument to defeat a weaker one.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by peeparty(m): 7:54pm On Nov 03, 2015
evegran:

Oh after lashing out on me at first for giving you a sensible advice, now you realise "us girls got to stick together"?
I won't have abused you if you didn't reply me rudely. I was impressed you said you'd put Chimamanda out cause of how good your books will be. I was wishing you the best even and advising you.
What did you do? You got irritated and attacked me like we're dragging one man.
It was annoying!

You started this.

fadalawd.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Mpanyi: 8:19pm On Nov 03, 2015
Balkan:
I think you have a point. I think very soon we will be talking of Republic of Anambara

Rubbish. why drink panadol for another person headache? The people involved are not complaining. Then why should you? You're divisive in your comment!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 03, 2015
peeparty:

fadalawd.

Meaning?
If this is how you're seeking attention -jumping into conversations without an invite, then you're simply looking to get on my nerves.
You don't have to be everywhere! Seriously!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by deramarks(f): 8:57pm On Nov 03, 2015
evegran:

What did you do? You got irritated and attacked me like we're dragging one man. Itz good u said irritated. Nd we don't need to apologize we just need to b sensible nice knowin u trsee ya around nairaland updates goodnyt bae
It was annoying!

You started this.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by peeparty(m): 10:11pm On Nov 03, 2015
evegran:

Meaning?
If this is how you're seeking attention -jumping into conversations without an invite, then you're simply looking to get on my nerves.

Just being sarcastic mbok.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by peeparty(m): 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2015
evegran:

Meaning?

Being sarcastic mbok no hard feelings..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Femipeter007(m): 1:52am On Nov 05, 2015
Wow! This is infact a great achievement ; especially for an African woman. Cheers to you Ngozi, big fan of your work.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Femipeter007(m): 2:00am On Nov 05, 2015
Timbuktou:
This award exists because female authors suck when compared to their male counterparts. It's an award of mediocrity.
What in God's green earth you saying? Be careful what you say "bro" Your mother is a woman...make of that what you will.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 05, 2015
Femipeter007:
What in God's green earth you saying? Be careful what you say "bro" Your mother is a woman...make of that what you will.

Why award women seperately? Is there a seperate as a for men? In this age of gender equality and considering that Adichie herself is a self-professing feminist, it is redundant having a "women's" award, and evennmoee hypocritical of Adichie to receive it.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 30, 2015
I have read the book..... It's interesting and I kinda learnt a bit of igbo language.....

Thumps up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suicide On Birthday / How To Write And Secret To Passing Toefl Exams At One Sitting / I Wanna Learn Pidgin English!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.