Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Suicide On Birthday - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Suicide On Birthday (12784 Views)

My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) / Before You Commit Suicide / Why Did Richard Commit Suicide? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicide On Birthday by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 09, 2015
Tomorrow would be my birthday, I would be turning 19 years. I stared at myself in the mirror in my bathroom after just taking a shower to calm myself. I found myself calming myself these days, trying to keep myself from ending my own life!

The question would be why would a pretty, honest and intelligent girl like me want to kill myself….why?

To be honest there are about a billion reasons, but adding it up together its because I’m depressed.

My life wasn’t going the way I thought it would go, it wasn’t…and everyday it got even worse. I once had hope, I once believed in it but recently it feels like the last smoke of hope had found its way out of me.

Tomorrow I’ll do it, tomorrow I’ll commit suicide, I will go away from this earth where everyone hates me and go to heaven. The angels will smile at my arrival, they’ll embrace me and show me love.

''I need to do this’' I repeated to myself.

My family expects me to come home this evening. I’m a level 300 student of medicine. And stayed off campus.

Maybe they won’t feel my absence when i go. Maybe when they come tomorrow and see me hanging lifelessly from the fan they won’t really feel too sad. If it were to be my elder sis, if she was the one that something bad happens to, they’ll cry a river for the rest of their lives.

I must kill myself!

I had initially tot of stabbing myself, but chances are that someone might come and rush me to the hospital and I may be saved. I must avoid that.

The choice was between the rope and a deadly rat poison. I strolled round the market searching for a rat poison to buy, a little kid had caught hold of my skirt as I asked his mother if she had rat poison. The kid had an innocent face like every other kid and a happy one. The kid made his arms for me to carry him, I couldn’t resist, he was so adorable and cute, and happy! I wish I was this happy.

The woman told me the rat poison had finished.I moved on, two kids ran past me, they were chasing each other, they were happy! Believe me if I could feel a little pang of this happiness they feel, I won’t even think of killing myself.

Many people might condemn me after I kill myself, but it doesn’t matter, it would make no difference.

Being alive alone has been a torture. Imagine being close to people yet you feel so far away from them.

No communication, no sincere conversations in communication, fake remarks and compliments. I was surrounded by people but I was lonely, depressed and despised!

‘Please you get rat poison’ I asked the woman who smiled at me as I approached her shop.

'‘Yes I get. This one strong well, e go kill the rats fast fast’'

Exactly what I needed. I payed her and she said, ‘tell me the result when next you enter market’.

The only result she would hear would be on TV when she hear that a girl has committed suicide.

My mom was the first to call me that evening. She wanted to know what time I would get home, I informed her that I would come in the morning. She persisted I shud come this evening but I told her no, I had something to finish.

I didn’t sleep, the bottle of rat poison sat on the table and we gazed at eachother till almost dawn.

Just a sip! Just a sip!

I tried through out the night to think of reasons why I shouldn’t commit suicide, I tried thinking of the memorable years, being a kid, the fun, the tears and all. That’s all I knew, that’s all the joy I had, only my childhood gave me joy.

My eyes became wet, and I sobbed almost loudly as I thought about my miserable life. Only if I got more love, only if…

I removed the cover from the bottle, I paused and looked around me, final glimpse of life. I wish life had been better, I wish my beauty had given me more love and happiness, I wish my intelligence had made me more happy, I wish I had someone who I was free to tell everything that was springing up in my mind.

I emptied the bottle of poison in my mouth and gulped it down with a strong will. As soon as I did, a knock landed on my door, it repeated three more times till the person pushed the door open.

The poison had gotten to my system, the pain started slowly, I held my stomach.

'‘Onyi'’ my mother rushed in, there were ballons in her hands and I cud sight a ‘happy birthday’ banner, she threw them away. My dad was there, and my sister and elder brother and uncle Chidi and a few neighbours who were family friends.

They were all here just to wish me a happy birthday…..what have I done!!!

But I couldn’t pay attention to them anymore, the pain became so severe that I wish I hadn’t drank the poison. It was so excruciating, so wickedly painful!!

I held my mom palm and she held tighter!

'‘Please make this pain go away…I want to live, even if it means being sad!’' I cried with a hoarse voice.

My dad had rummaged thru my kitchen and found red oil. He gave me a lot of it to drink.

I drank a lot of the oil and deep inside of me I wanted it to work, I wanted to live, I don’t want to die again!

I fell on the floor, rolled aggressively as the pain intensified! They tried to hold me but they couldn’t. I then realized it was the end for me, I was going to die.

Although this was what I had initially wanted, but now I would do anything just to be alive.

The rest that happened was narrated by people.my death was felt, and I hurt a lot of people.Even people that I thought didn’t even love me, but they did, they just didn’t know how to show it, when to show it.

Some cried in their rooms, the thought of me filled their everyday life, they wished they had communicated more, they wished they had done a lot more. And I wish I had not committed suicide! I wish I could come back!

Lets try to communicate more...call up that friend and see how he/she is doing. Lets smile and make our world beautiful...jst ur smile can save someone's life.

Sucide is never an option.

culled from.. www.musliminafrica.

38 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Suicide On Birthday by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:00am On Feb 10, 2015
Wow this is deep, hope it speaks to someone tonight.

6 Likes

Re: Suicide On Birthday by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 10, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
Wow this is deep, hope it speaks to someone tonight.

I do hope so. So many sucide especially amg d youths recently.

1 Like

Re: Suicide On Birthday by Bonapart(m): 1:04am On Feb 11, 2015
K
Re: Suicide On Birthday by mifavour(f): 1:04am On Feb 11, 2015
quite touching!
Re: Suicide On Birthday by gbodimowo(m): 1:04am On Feb 11, 2015
ok
Re: Suicide On Birthday by korel9: 1:04am On Feb 11, 2015
I'll rather kill myself than commit suicide sad

4 Likes

Re: Suicide On Birthday by DEEMARIA(m): 1:06am On Feb 11, 2015
ANOTHER BED TIME STORY
Re: Suicide On Birthday by bareal(m): 1:07am On Feb 11, 2015
“And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years....

6 Likes

Re: Suicide On Birthday by landform(m): 1:08am On Feb 11, 2015
can smeone tell me why I Will think sucide?

1 Like

Re: Suicide On Birthday by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:08am On Feb 11, 2015
Nice.

Make i go suicide mysef because of sad state of this country

What is the love? All na temptation.

If you want to die, go die on the battlefield defending our nation.

Go commit suicide helping the displaced in war zone.

Go suicide serving the Mother Land.

Dont waste your life abeg.

7 Likes

Re: Suicide On Birthday by blemon44(m): 1:08am On Feb 11, 2015
DO YOU WANT TO DIE
Re: Suicide On Birthday by Nobody: 1:09am On Feb 11, 2015
deep and touching..
Re: Suicide On Birthday by blemon44(m): 1:10am On Feb 11, 2015
Do youu think Angels will embrace and show you love by taking your own life

2 Likes

Re: Suicide On Birthday by hydeekam: 1:11am On Feb 11, 2015
Never an option really cry
Re: Suicide On Birthday by siegfried99(m): 1:16am On Feb 11, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Suicide On Birthday by frodobee: 1:17am On Feb 11, 2015
Ironically what kept me awake till this time, is this story titled "ify" by one Coal City guy, I can't leave that story. I will bookmark this for later reading. Guys NL can imprison you sometimes.

3 Likes

Re: Suicide On Birthday by Nobody: 1:18am On Feb 11, 2015
This came right on time for me. Thank you so much OP, you have no idea what you've just done by posting this humble piece.

I can sense a sooth to the long-lasting depression that has haunted me for weeks.

Who knows what would've happened if my desire to end my suffering got the better of me.

Thank you so much.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide On Birthday by Nobody: 1:20am On Feb 11, 2015
hmmmmm
Re: Suicide On Birthday by Bantino(m): 1:23am On Feb 11, 2015
A good message for the season, reach out to many people this valentine season and show them love, not only to your girlfriend/boyfriend!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicide On Birthday by Khodex: 1:23am On Feb 11, 2015
Ahhh, Dis is too Bad...
Re: Suicide On Birthday by Rounakid(m): 1:25am On Feb 11, 2015
What...! ... Anyway make i read am...
Re: Suicide On Birthday by yehmi01(m): 1:25am On Feb 11, 2015
Just too long to read.

Why would one ever think of killing his or her self to start with.

Well sad sad
Re: Suicide On Birthday by Ishilove: 1:26am On Feb 11, 2015
How awful... Suicide is not the answer.
Re: Suicide On Birthday by igivefuck4free(m): 1:28am On Feb 11, 2015
Don't take the life you can't give...

BTW who is the poster above me? undecided
Re: Suicide On Birthday by LewisO: 1:29am On Feb 11, 2015
*Word* For those who thinks it's over for them, thinking suicide is the next thing for them. sad
Re: Suicide On Birthday by allanphash7(m): 1:31am On Feb 11, 2015
PLS DONT DIE OOOOOOOO COS THE WIND OF CHANGE WILL SOON BLOW AND I WANT YOU TO BE PARTAKER OF THIS CHANGE

CHANGE

CHANGE

CHANGE
Re: Suicide On Birthday by preciousmaro: 1:31am On Feb 11, 2015
ok
Re: Suicide On Birthday by jemype(m): 1:32am On Feb 11, 2015
Why?
Reiyvinn:
This came right on time for me. Thank you so much OP, you have no idea what you've just done by posting this humble piece.

I can sense a sooth to the long-lasting depression that has haunted me for weeks.

Who knows what would've happened if my desire to end my suffering got the better of me.

Thank you so much.
Re: Suicide On Birthday by JaypeeAnics(m): 1:35am On Feb 11, 2015
Hmmm...at 1st when I saw suicide...I thought its one of those aboki's in north dat have started their normal suicide bombing...well thank God its a story...sorry I mean story for the gods...or should I say a story that will make u sleep sharpshap,because its too dry.

1 Like

Re: Suicide On Birthday by LewisO: 1:41am On Feb 11, 2015
korel9:
I'll rather kill myself than commit suicide sad
What is this one saying, huh?
Don't deceive yourself! Still same. undecided
Re: Suicide On Birthday by acidicTea(m): 1:41am On Feb 11, 2015
Reiyvinn:

Thank you so much.
So U want to die??[color=#990000][/color] angry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Write And Secret To Passing Toefl Exams At One Sitting / Life Of An Abuja Boy / Nairaland Authors And Their Books (Updated 15th September, 2023)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.