Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,471 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

My Roommate Donates To Church And Starves: Should I Continue To Assist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Roommate Donates To Church And Starves: Should I Continue To Assist? (768 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / TB Joshua Donates To 258 Libya Deportees, Gives Them N7million And Bags Of Rice / Peace Ibiyeomie Donates To Widows In Port Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Roommate Donates To Church And Starves: Should I Continue To Assist? by Sermwell(m): 7:59pm On Nov 02, 2015
my roomie is a die-hard born again christain which i'm not against since i'm a christain too. But the problem is that he spends all he has to pay either tithe, offerings, contributes for members or pastor's birthday etc and starves through out the week. He has been doing this since our 100 level days. I'm really concerned because we are both students and most times i have to take up the responsibility of feeding him. Even as i type now, he is lying down and hasnt eaten since morning after spending all he had yesterday in church for thanksgiving. Should i just ignore him or intervene?
Re: My Roommate Donates To Church And Starves: Should I Continue To Assist? by yomi007k(m): 8:04pm On Nov 02, 2015
Call the Church... undecided

Or go down like him
Re: My Roommate Donates To Church And Starves: Should I Continue To Assist? by bronzegoddess(f): 8:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
Lol. Let him starve jare. The pastors are having 3course meals, he's having a flat belly.
Re: My Roommate Donates To Church And Starves: Should I Continue To Assist? by Sermwell(m): 8:09pm On Nov 02, 2015
yomi007k:
Call the Church... undecided
Or go down like him
how will naming the church help ur understanding??

1 Like

Re: My Roommate Donates To Church And Starves: Should I Continue To Assist? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
is the guy the second Jesus?? he should donate to the house of God, buh nt to the extent of him starving himself na undecided

if he come die now(god4bid), wetin he go tell God? abeg talk to him.
Re: My Roommate Donates To Church And Starves: Should I Continue To Assist? by yomi007k(m): 8:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
Sermwell:
how will naming the church help ur understanding??

Wat r u saying.?

All is money is with d church, d church shud have his back if he goes down...

U can also continue feeding him
Re: My Roommate Donates To Church And Starves: Should I Continue To Assist? by dhantey324(m): 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
Op advise him gently, on the need 4 balance in everything. Still give am small thing chow, if e dey. Based on brotherly love.

1 Like

Re: My Roommate Donates To Church And Starves: Should I Continue To Assist? by coldFLARES1(m): 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2015
You won't be helping him if you feed him each time he engages in his act of irresponsibility. By the time he develops some health conditions after his willful longsuffering, he would review his financial commitments to his church, especially when he would painfully realise that most churches offers no succour to stranded members.
Re: My Roommate Donates To Church And Starves: Should I Continue To Assist? by sirthisthickkal: 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
Sermwell:
my roomie is a die-hard born again christain which i'm not against since i'm a christain too. But the problem is that he spends all he has to pay either tithe, offerings, contributes for members or pastor's birthday etc and starves through out the week. He has been doing this since our 100 level days. I'm really concerned because we are both students and most times i have to take up the responsibility of feeding him. Even as i type now, he is lying down and hasnt eaten since morning after spending all he had yesterday in church for thanksgiving. Should i just ignore him or intervene?

Let say he fall sick now or dies, will the church or pastors contribute a quota of what he had donated when he was alive? If eventually he died from starvation Am sure they will be the one the blaming him for over - righteousness, even accusing him of committing murder... suddenly the once cheerful giver becomes the offender.
Re: My Roommate Donates To Church And Starves: Should I Continue To Assist? by Sermwell(m): 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
EroticAngelina:
is the guy the second Jesus?? he should donate to the house of God, buh nt to the extent of him starving himself na undecided

if he come die now(god4bid), wetin he go tell God? abeg talk to him.
i always do talk to him but each time i do, it appears as if i'm a barrier to his service to God. I jus taya 4 d guy mata o!
Re: My Roommate Donates To Church And Starves: Should I Continue To Assist? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
Sermwell:
i always do talk to him but each time i do, it appears as if i'm a barrier to his service to God. I jus taya 4 d guy mata o!
nawa o.. just let him be.
Re: My Roommate Donates To Church And Starves: Should I Continue To Assist? by uboma(m): 10:00pm On Nov 02, 2015
bronzegoddess:
Lol. Let him starve jare. The pastors are having 3course meals, he's having a flat belly.

Excellent response.

@ topic, I will completely ignore him.

2 Likes

Re: My Roommate Donates To Church And Starves: Should I Continue To Assist? by uboma(m): 10:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
Sermwell:

There's no need to further advise him on the matter. He has already been brain-washed. The more you try to advise him, the more likely he will see you as the devil's advocate.
Re: My Roommate Donates To Church And Starves: Should I Continue To Assist? by Anas09: 8:28am On Nov 03, 2015
I will say he lacks wisdom, balance and purpose. Why? The Bible says, there's time for everything.
Am a christian, I pay tithe and offerings. When I was a student, I gave my offering as my hand could afford.
Tithe is not offering.
Tithe, you PAY. Its an obligation.
Offering you GIVE. Freely.

You pay tithe in return to what God has given to you to do e.g, a job or business or farm produce. You give a portion.
What is ur friend doing right now to generate income for him to be PAYING Tithe?
We have so many (so called) pastors today, who don't have any idea what this principles are and how they shd be applied. They are in the ministry for Tithes and offerings and they misguide people.
Pls, with love, tell him that Tithe you pay base on the income u make out of the business, salary or farming produce. He is a student, his allowance is not am income, neither is his school fees.

If he doesn't watch it, he will either have too many carryovers that'll affect his graduation or a good result. Without food, how can he read and understand biko?
Give him food, don't worry. Giving is good. If you become hash, you'll never get him to see reasons. Give him food wen he is full and in a good mood, raise the matter, in a good and calm disposition.

God is not wicked to collect his allowance and allow him starve nah. Which kind life!!!!.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Love Jesus, Too : 6 Things You Didn ’t Know About Jesus In Islam / NEW: A 1500-year-old Bible Found In Turkey Claims Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified / Breaking News: EL-RUFAI MAKE KNOWN HIS ISLAMIC AGENDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.