Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,189 members, 7,825,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine (17144 Views)

MMM Considers 40 Percent Interest As Participants Reduce, Demand Withdrawals / Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine / MTN: Foreign Impression Of The NCC Fine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by Echelle(m): 9:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
Ojoro... Make NCC no gree o!
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by 69MissedCalls(m): 9:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
Mtn have bullied us enough. it's time for "attitude adjustment"
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by fr3do(m): 9:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
What would the NCC do with that much fine?
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by blazetitov: 9:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
Emptyhen must pay. Fraudulent network!
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by Bgino(m): 9:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
i know for sure that 50 percent of that sum will be paid by subscribers
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by lakefist(m): 9:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
empty hen
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
Instead of paying the money to NCC it should be used directly by MTN to develop social infrastructure for youths, schools, create green parks around the country, etc. If this money is pay to NCC we aren't going to see anything comes out of it because the leaders are all f**king corrupt. They are going to divert it to their own accounts.
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by flokii: 9:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
MTN sef fvck up...
now they'd forced to lay off workers if not pack-up sef..
wat a pity
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by yomi007k(m): 9:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
Lai Lai.

I go sue NCC if dem gree that nonsense.
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by bigtt76(f): 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
Only reduce?

The same way they reduced their tariff wen we cried for per second billing? Abi the way they reduced their call tariff when we experienced dropped calls?

Wait ....the same way they reduced tariff when we cried for equity in data bundle cost with Blackberry users? Ok ....the same way they reduced the cost of SIM Card which they were selling for close to 50k per line?

I say eh .....the Thunder wey go fire their Ma$$t still de look for fuel grin

2 Likes

Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by greggng: 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
I think Tekno is gradually becoming the best artist in Nigeria.Click like if you agree with me.
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by odedipapa(m): 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
No thief my airtime u no go hear. U see now? How can u yank off my airtime anyhow and not pay for ur actions?

1 Like

Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by jomoh: 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
PapiDShipCapt:
d way MTN will slice their subscribers like a 2 edged sword just to recover from their loss will be so gruesome.

Their own discrepancies sef just too much, I woke up one day to find out my sim wasn't active no more, the next day people started complaining that when they called my number what they here from the receiving end is a woman's voice saying "hello, ti o ti wa sọrọ". why and how did they allocate my registered and active line to another customer still dey surprise me till date.

They will never slice me. I have two of their sims and the two are on debit presently. That is how its going to be for at least 3months. Except for contingencies.

Temporarily switched over to glo. Being making calls with free minutes since last week.

I will even encourage Nigerians to borrow money on their MTN sims and if they can afford to not load on the sim at least for 3months.
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by PapiDShipCapt(m): 9:42pm On Nov 02, 2015
sanandreas:
They better pay up. Nonsense mtn. But I still dey enjoy una Sha. Simple server things
cool

2 Likes

Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by HARDDON: 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2015
Tot they always ignore subscribers and all directives and get away with it?

Now they peeing on their panties?
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by ewizard1: 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2015
What are they seeking to reduce again? . They should pay the chicken change and forget about it jare!
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by Ricovendetta(m): 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2015
aspirebig:
What about NEPA, who will fine them for ripping Nigerians off from time immemorial.

People pay for services not rendered and the citizens are compelled to pay, either on postpaid or prepaid platform. NEPA make billions monthly and the money ends partly in private hands. Same with the fine.

Where is all the refunded Abacha loot? Nigerians should be asking questions on these things.

Even if you give Nigeria government $10b today, 97% or more of the money will end in private individuals account. So most people are happy about the fine, like they share out of it. Kobo, you won't see.

Where is all the Internally generated Revenues going into?

MTN remains the best network, not only in Nigeria but across Africa.

So the other networks are saints? Story.

Good question.
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by hotboz: 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2015
EVERYONE HAS A STORY;

A 24-year old boy looking out through a train's
window shouted, Dad, look, "the trees are going
behind; they are moving very fast" his Dad simply
stared at him with so much joy and smiled! A young
couple seated nearby looked at the 24-year old and
thought to themselves, he's so grown up but so
childish, he must have a mental disorder for his
father not to be bothered. Suddenly the young man
exclaimed again; Dad, look, "the clouds are running
with us" the couple could not resist and said to the
old man, why don't you take your son to a good
doctor may be a psychiatrist? The old man smiled and
said I just did. We are just coming from a doctor but
not a psychiatrist ; we are just coming from the
hospital. My son was blind from birth. He just got his
sight today for the very first time, his behavior may
seem stupid to you, it's more than a miracle to me.
The young couple just sat down there, lost for words
with a mixture of tears and shame in their eyes..
Everybody on earth has a story; don't judge people so
fast or jump into conclusion about their private
affairs; you don't know where they are coming from
or what they have to deal with.
The truth behind their story might surprise you. Take
it easy with others, even if you have a perfect life.
Let us keep working towards the good of all. GOD BLESS!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by Vado(m): 9:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
I don't think this MTN fine thing is just about unregistered sims alone. Afterall, other mobile networks can't be said to have done theirs 100%. Think it's part of a larger diplomatic dispute playing out. SA goveernment had kinda disrespected us which became more vocal in the last administration. Maybe it's a way of getting back at them cos that amount is quite outrageous.

6 Likes

Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by trapQ: 9:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
mtn must pay or leave. we don't want no negotiations. they didn't negotiate with us before milking us dry for 15yrs.
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by osile2012: 9:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
[size=18pt]ABEG ITS TOO MUCH JOOR, EVEN IF THEY KILLED NCC MAMA. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.[/size]

Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by trapQ: 9:56pm On Nov 02, 2015
trust me, I owe mtn 500naira and I just threw the damn sim away. grin
jomoh:

They will never slice me. I have two of their sims and the two are on debit presently. That is how its going to be for at least 3months. Except for contingencies.

Temporarily switched over to glo. Being making calls with free minutes since last week.

I will even encourage Nigerians to borrow money on their MTN sims and if they can afford to not load on the sim at least for 3months.
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by 9jaboi8701(m): 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
Seriously i don't get it. What did MTN do for them to be fine such huge amount of money and the interesting part is they are willing to pay a huge amount and not the amount being fine to them. That network sha!

#ProudlyGloAndAirtelinMyChinkoPhone
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by dwana91(m): 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
jomoh:

bros u harsh ooo but na true talk
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 02, 2015
I wrote how they can survive this period and wonder why it has not made front page yet.

Lalasticlala ............. undecided
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by Temmytea70(m): 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2015
sanandreas:
They better pay up. Nonsense mtn. But I still dey enjoy una Sha. Simple server things
. Abeg,show me d way
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by Frank3n2(m): 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
krusdamax:
When the cry of shortchanged subscribers ascends to God...... What follows?

Punishment grin

1 Like

Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by jomoh: 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
trapQ:
trust me, I owe mtn 500naira and I just threw the damn sim away. grin

Correct guy. If only I fit troway dia sim.

I've been using it since I think 2004. My glo is my private line.

Those people are wicked but I've gotten their tactics.

I delete their text immediately

I don't pick odd numbers except its 180

And I'm careful when pressing or picking up my phone so as not to press yes to their dubious flash messages.

1 Like

Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by aminupeople: 10:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
They must pay it
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by ehinmowo: 10:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
while we recognise that what MTN did was a security breach and open defiance to authority, we should not also forget the following
1. MTN employs thousands of Nigerians directly or indirectly
2. MTN foundation award scholarship, build university connects e.t.c
3. MTN believed in the potency of Nigeria market when others were running away
4. MTN breaks monopoly just as other telecom companies breaks monopoly (remove MTN and u are one step closer to monopoly)
5. MTN has announced to quote in NSE next year which will boost the stock market

Therefore, it will be humane if got could reduce her fine
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by redcliff: 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
krusdamax:
When the cry of shortchanged subscribers ascends to God...... What follows?

Lmao!!!
Re: MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine by femoyor: 10:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
aspirebig:
What about NEPA, who will fine them for ripping Nigerians off from time immemorial.

We still buy fuel even at N200 to N250 per litre, (oil producing country indeed, in Late Fela voice "suffering and smiling"wink, we buy generator, service the generator, buy inverters, buy the batteries, pay for installation, buy solar too and install it. We still pay NEPA bills....what a country? Hypocrisy everywhere.

People pay for services not rendered and the citizens are compelled to pay, either on postpaid or prepaid platform. NEPA make billions monthly and the money ends partly in private hands. Same with the old Nitel.....or are they SA companies too?

We are sending wrong signals to the international bodies,potential foreign investors and world at large. Nigeria is over 55 years and grossly undeveloped. So Nigerians alone cannot develop Nigeria, we need other people just as they need us. You can fine, nobody is saying you can't, but not this huge amount?

Even America, I mean America has alot of China investments in their country. They never fine them $1b, with all their infrastructures o, like constant light, good roads, security, friendly government policies, no community issues o, like Omonile while building a base station, or a customer touch points, no area boys, no multiple taxation,etc. Doing business in Nigeria is not that easy, coupled with all the issues on ground before. It is easy to stay in the comfort of your room and on your laptop and criticise others.

The same Nigerians will ignore the calls or sms to go and register their lines. Nobody blames NCC for that.

See what happened in BVN recently, most people refused to comply till last minute,. Why has CBN not fined the banks thst defaulted in blocking people accounts? Or are fraudsters, kidnappers, looters of national treasury etc using banks in the moon and sky?
They use our banks, the same banks like everyone.
A popular new generation bank sent emails to all their customers today on BVN, both those that have registered and those who have not.

Where is all the refunded Abacha loot? Nigerians should be asking questions on these things.

Even if you give Nigeria government $10b today, 97% or more of the money will end in private individuals account. So most people are happy about the fine, like they share out of it. Kobo, you won't see.

Where is all the Internally Generated Revenues (IGR) going into both states and federal?

The biggest problem in Nigeria is Nigerians.Until we change our mindset, no "change" will take place.

MTN remains the best network, not only in Nigeria but across Africa. Take it or leave it. Put sentiments aside and just be objective.

So the other networks are saints? Story.

It is a pity that its because of pple like u dat nigeria will forever remain where it is. U can not compare bvn with sim registration. All banks put restriction on pple account from friday eve wen d deadline elapsed meaning dey all complied. Pple like u just want outsider to disgrace our country and still cum back and say buhari is a bigot. I pity u and ur kind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation Warns Against Cryptocurrency / Where Can I Sell My TBC (kringle Cash) Or Who Is Up To Buy /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.