Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In (2543 Views)

New Theory Could Prove How Life Began And Disprove God / Is Our Logic Not Truly Sufficient To Prove Or Disprove God? / Doesn’t Carbon-14 Dating Disprove The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by bawomolo(m): 9:58pm On May 10, 2009
I know many of you claim to believe in the existence of God but what about the Gods you don't believe in. Can you disprove them.

Can you disprove the existence of Zeus

The existence of Thor?

The existence of Horus?

The existence of Krishna?

Can you disprove Saturn, Pluto and Venus?
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by huxley(m): 11:17pm On May 10, 2009
I don't believe in any of the above God. I believe in the one and only almighty called Sussicorn. The existence of Sussicorn implies the non-existence of all the other above gods. That is the proof that the other gods do not exist.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by bawomolo(m): 12:17am On May 11, 2009
huxley:

I don't believe in any of the above God.  I believe in the one and only almighty called Sussicorn.  The existence of Sussicorn implies the non-existence of all the other above gods.  That is the proof that the other gods do not exist.

My God, santefera created Sussicorn to test you gullible humans. try to beat that
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by JeSoul(f): 4:36am On May 11, 2009
bawomolo:

I know many of you claim to believe in the existence of God but what about the Gods you don't believe in. Can you disprove them.

Can you disprove the existence of Zeus

The existence of Thor?

The existence of Horus?

The existence of Krishna?

Can you disprove Saturn, Pluto and Venus?

Christianity doesn't require or advocate in its bylaws the mental or intellectual ability to disprove the existence of other gods. Christianity is only concerned with and holds high above all else the firm, unwavering belief in the God of the bible. Faith! faith!! faith!!! this alone is proof and reason enough to me personally. The bible says Jesus is the way and I believe it, though I cannot prove it to you, I believe it by faith.

No one can prove which god is authentic to another person. Discovery of God and truth is a personal journey, one on which each person must go alone.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by tudor(m): 12:22pm On May 11, 2009
I hope to form my own religious sect soon,no idea for the name of our god yet.anyone with captivating creation storyline and a perfect concept for our messiah shuld contact me, oh (actors and special effects technicians are needed too)
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by tudor(m): 12:22pm On May 11, 2009
I hope to form my own religious sect soon,no idea for the name of our god yet.anyone with captivating creation storyline and a perfect concept for our messiah shuld contact me, oh (actors and special effects technicians are needed too)
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by bawomolo(m): 12:35am On May 12, 2009
Discovery of God and truth is a personal journey, one on which each person must go alone.

which God though? some people have discovered Allah or krishna on their quest for the truth.

There is a multitude of supreme beings so the questions arises on which one is real.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by JeSoul(f): 5:08pm On May 12, 2009
bawomolo:

which God though? some people have discovered Allah or krishna on their quest for the truth.

There is a multitude of supreme beings so the questions arises on which one is real.

and that is their perogative. In the end some of us will be right and some of us will be wrong. Right now no one prove their way is right so again its up to each individual to do their honest homework and be certain and cast their die wherever they please - someday we will all find out who was right.

I do believe personally that anyone who deep down and genuinely looks for God will find Him. Many people in the Old testament did not have bibles or pastors or get the chance to know Jesus yet we are told they followed God and were righteous people.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 12, 2009
[size=18pt]I know you claim not to believe in the existence of God. Can you disprove Him.

Can you disprove the existence of Jesus Christ?[/size]

Bawomolo . . . why dont you answer your own question?
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by Bastage: 5:46pm On May 12, 2009

Belief is up to the individual.
I'm a firm believer in Relativism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativism

I do not dismiss other gods but what is right for other people is not necessarily right for me.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:59pm On May 12, 2009
To prove or disprove of God or gods is the wrong quest.  There are about three different types of proofs.  Mathematical as in 5+ 5 = 10; or Scientific as in the hypothesis is experimented upon to find out whether it is false or not; and personal experience.  These three methods are different means at arriving at the answer.

The mistake people especially atheists are making is that they try to use the scientific method to prove the existence of God.  How do you use Mathematical or scientific methods to explain what experiences you have by faith?
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by mazaje(m): 6:12pm On May 12, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

To prove or disprove of God or gods is the wrong quest. There are about three different types of proves. Mathematical as in 5+ 5 = 10; or Scientific as in the hypothesis is experimented upon to find out whether it is false or not; and personal experience. These three methods are different means at arriving at the answer.

The mistake people especially atheists are making is that they try to use the scientific method to prove the existence of God. How do you use Mathematical or scientific methods to explain what experiences you have by faith?

this is false. . .there are christains like William Lane Craig that are trying to use mathematics to prove the existence of the christian god. . . . go look at some of his debates. . .
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:23pm On May 12, 2009
mazaje:

this is false. . .there are christains like William Lane Craig that are trying to use mathematics to prove the existence of the christian god. . . . go look at some of his debates. . .

You've got to know the difference between the meaning of the word "proof" and "evidence".  Science and the language of science which is mathematics can be used to show the evidence of the Creator God, then you come to your own conclusions as to whether the uncreated Creator exists or that is a higher power  but to prove that God exists can only be made by personal experience which in this case is by faith.  Can you prove to me that Charles Darwin ever lived?
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by bawomolo(m): 4:47pm On May 13, 2009
Can you disprove the existence of Jesus Christ?

no i can't. jesus christ was a delusional carpenter. now disprove that grin

I do not dismiss other gods but what is right for other people is not necessarily right for me.

hmm interesting.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 13, 2009
bawomolo:

no i can't. jesus christ was a delusional carpenter. now disprove that grin

Pretty stupid answer. You cant disprove the existence of Jesus Christ AS GOD . . . but you expect me to disprove your own negative? When you're ready to utilise what's left of your brain then you can call me.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by mazaje(m): 5:56pm On May 13, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

You've got to know the difference between proof and evidence. Science and the language of science which is mathematics can be used to show the evidence of the Creator God, then you come to your own conclusions as to whether the uncreated Creator exists or that is a higher power but to prove that God exists can only be made by experience which in this case is by faith. Can you prove to me that Charles Darwin ever lived?

where you not also try to prove the existence of the christian god using mathematics on some other thread some months ago? grin grin. . . .charles darwin has pictures. . left behind a lot of writings and what not. . .
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by girl22(f): 7:49pm On May 13, 2009
God is the the energy that the universe was created from. humans are responsible for their own fate and destiny. praying is useless. He gave you the power over your life so live it. paying tithes and praying has not done anything. you want to change the world start by changing yourself.

God gave you everything when you were born a brain and intuition.
You do not need man made books and prophets and preachers. the answer is within you.

Muhammad,bhudda,krishna and jesus christ are not real people

these stories have been around since ancient times dating back to ancient egpyt.

the bible and koran is an allagorical book it was not intended to be taken literal.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by bawomolo(m): 8:20pm On May 13, 2009
davidylan:

Pretty stupid answer. You cant disprove the existence of Jesus Christ AS GOD . . . but you expect me to disprove your own negative? When you're ready to utilise what's left of your brain then you can call me.

mothersucker, i ask the questions not you.  Would you be able to disprove the evidence of Zeus?

Jesus was a carpenter, prove me wrong  grin

God is the the energy that the universe was created from

the point of the thread is not to argue about God's existence or it's nature. It's to ask if believers in certain gods agree other gods can exist.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 13, 2009
bawomolo:

mothersucker, i ask the questions not you.  Would you be able to disprove the evidence of Zeus?

thou fool . . . that is the fundamental problem with airheads like you who simply love to jump on the atheist bandwagon . . . despite having a very poor understanding of the arguments you purport to advance.

Why shld you be the only to ask questions? why do we NEVER get responses to the questions we ask of YOU?

Why shld i be the one to disprove allah when you are too much of a coward and an intellectual midget to disprove your own claim that my God doesnt exist?

Because Huxley opens threads you too thought you could rush and open your own. I blame those who gave your thread the legitimacy it didnt deserve.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 13, 2009
bawomolo:

the point of the thread is not to argue about God's existence or it's nature.  It's to ask if believers in certain gods agree other gods can exist.

Why then do you shy away when we ask whether disbelievers in any God agree that the christian God can exist?  undecided What exactly is the difference between your question and mine?

bawomolo:

Jesus is God, prove me wrong too.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by girl22(f): 8:23am On May 14, 2009
davidylan:

Why then do you shy away when we ask whether disbelievers in any God agree that the christian God can exist? undecided What exactly is the difference between your question and mine?

Jesus is God, prove me wrong too.

okay then those gods dont exist. they were alligorical and not to be taken literal.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by posakosa(m): 9:09am On May 14, 2009
tudor:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:15am On May 14, 2009
mazaje:

where you not also try to prove the existence of the christian god using mathematics on some other thread some months ago? grin grin

Before you begin to shine your teeth, you have to differentiate between the meaning of proofs and evidences. What I suggested was the evidence that demands that there had to be the Uncreated Creator as described in the Bible. To prove the existence of the uncreated infinite Creator can only be done by faith that I experience in the infallible word of God which reveals Jesus Christ as the image of the invisible God, the Creator of heaven and earth. This is the personal experience that is available to those who will diligently seek Him with their whole hearts and minds. "But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." (Heb.11:6), you can see that the key that unlocks the door of salvation is faith. Without faith, we cannot please God. Let me give you an experiment to establish my case. Try to establish any sort of friendship without faith by walking up to a woman (if you are straight) and introduce yourself. When she tells you her name, say, "I don't believe you," Watch out for her reaction. When she tells you where she works, tell her that you don't believe her. Carry on like that for a while, and before you know what is happening, you may be nursing a black eye. So you see that your lack of faith in her is a strong insinuation that she is a liar. The bible says, "He that believes not God has made Him a liar" (1 John 5:10). So how do you expect God to reveal Himself to you or establish a relationship with you if you refuse to believe Him and seek for Him with all of your heart?

mazaje:
. . . .charles darwin has pictures. . left behind a lot of writings and what not. . .
What you are presenting are evidences that Darwin existed but to prove that he ever lived you have to believe that those evidences are genuine and not made-up. Do you believe that those pictures and writings are really those of Darwins' ?
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23am On May 14, 2009
girl22:

God is the the energy that the universe was created from. humans are responsible for their own fate and destiny. praying is useless. He gave you the power over your life so live it. paying tithes and praying has not done anything. you want to change the world start by changing yourself.

God gave you everything when you were born a brain and intuition.
You do not need man made books and prophets and preachers. the answer is within you.

Muhammad,bhudda,krishna and jesus christ are not real people

these stories have been around since ancient times dating back to ancient egpyt.

the bible and koran is an allagorical book it was not intended to be taken literal.

You are entitled to what you believe and therefore only you can be responsible for it. This is why you should be sure that you are building your faith on solid ground because it will be tested sooner or later.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:45am On May 14, 2009
bawomolo:

The onus is on you who made the claim to disprove or prove your allegations or assertions.

bawomolo:

the point of the thread is not to argue about God's existence or it's nature. It's to ask if believers in certain gods agree other gods can exist.

It is up to everyone to give the evidence of his or her gods or the uncreated Creator who created all things.  I do not believe in atheists who claim to have created God in their own image.  If you claim to be an atheist let me give you this test for you to see how ridiculous your presupposition is.

Imagine a circle represents all knowledge in the universe.  Someone who had all knowledge would know every hair on every head, every thought of every mind, every grain of sand, every event in human history, etc.  Let's surmise that you know an incredible 1% of all knowledge.  Is it possible that, in 99% of the knowledge you haven't yet come across, there is ample evidence of the existence of the uncreated infinite and eternal God?
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by huxley(m): 11:55am On May 14, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

The onus is on you who made the claim to disprove or prove your allegations.

It is up to everyone to give the evidence of his or her gods or the uncreated Creator who created all things.  I do not believe in atheists who claim to have created God in their own image.  If you claim to be an atheist let me give you this test for you to see how ridiculous your presupposition is.

Imagine a circle represents all knowledge in the universe.  Someone who had all knowledge would know every hair on every head, every thought of every mind, every grain of sand, every event in human history, etc.  Let's surmise that you know an incredible 1% of all knowledge.  Is it possible that, in 99% of the knowledge you haven't yet come across, there is ample evidence of the existence of the uncreated infinite and eternal God?

I agree with you absolutely. We cannot know what lies in the 99% we do not know about. We can only know about the 1%. Where does you God reside, in the 1% of the 99%?

If he resides in the 1%, then we have sufficient knowledge to draw a conclusion one way or the other.

If he is in the 99%, then for all practical purposes he is non-existent to our epistemic reality. If he lives in the 99%, then by definition, we should have no way of knowing about him, nor him knowing about us. If there is any form of interaction between him and us, then he cannot be in the 99%, but in the 1%.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:00pm On May 16, 2009
huxley:

I agree with you absolutely. We cannot know what lies in the 99% we do not know about. We can only know about the 1%. Where does you God reside, in the 1% of the 99%?

If he resides in the 1%, then we have sufficient knowledge to draw a conclusion one way or the other.

If he is in the 99%, then for all practical purposes he is non-existent to our epistemic reality. If he lives in the 99%, then by definition, we should have no way of knowing about him, nor him knowing about us. If there is any form of interaction between him and us, then he cannot be in the 99%, but in the 1%.

Let's take it like this, supposing you know an amazing 1% of the world's population which is in the excess of 6 billion people, if I tell you the name of my cousin "Joe Blog" it is most likely that you will say that you don't know whether he exists since you have not heard or seen him before, you may even think that I made up the name that there is no one like that.  Would it not be foolish to say with absolute confidence and assurance that there is no one like that since you only know of about 1% of the population?  The fact that you do not know of the existence of "Joe Blog" does not mean that he does not exist. If he or anybody is in the 99% of the people you don't know it will not be wise to assume or conclude that they don't exist.

Since you don't have anything to do with my cousin "Joe Blog" you may not want to do a research to search him out but if you hear that he has a large sum of money that he wants to give you I believe you will do your utmost best to track him down.  I do not only know about my cousin I know that he exists which falls within my 1% of knowledge.  The same thing can be said of the existence of God whom I have a personal relationship and a definite experience with, since you don't know about or know Him as your personal Lord and Saviour He does'nt exist within your 1% knowledge.  But He has something that you need which is eternal life that He wants to give you, it is now up to you to search for Him with your whole heart and I assure you that you will find Him since He Himself is looking for you and when the seeker meets the finder then you will have no doubt as to the existence of the living God who has the gift of eternal life to impart to you.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by toneyb: 7:03pm On May 16, 2009
@ OLAADEGBU

The God that used to address the entire people of Israel in a public address has now been reduced to a personal God that revels himself to certain individuals? Why is the bible God always shrinking? He started out as a God that walks with his chosen men, lead them in wars, ate with them, sewed cloths for them, lived in the heaven above the sky, but any time men became wiser the God becomes more invisible. Why is the Bible God always hiding? grin grin
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:00am On May 17, 2009
toneyb:

@ OLAADEGBU

The God that used to address the entire people of Israel in a public address has now been reduced to a personal God that revels himself to certain individuals? Why is the bible God always shrinking? He started out as a God that walks with his chosen men, lead them in wars, ate with them, sewed cloths for them, lived in the heaven above the sky, but any time men became wiser the God becomes more invisible. Why is the Bible God always hiding? grin grin

If you want to know God you will do yourself a lot of good by reading the Holy Bible where you will see how God reveals Himself in stages. The Word of God starts from the opening verses of Genesis to the closing verses of Revelation, and this shows the evidence of heavenly authenticity. Every page is both historically and scientifically accurate. While, however, the Bible has the evidence of all this, it is not primarily a book of history, nor is it primarily a book of scientific record. Basically, it is a book of Divine revelation. The whole book is a complete revelation of God’s plan of redemption for mankind. He places it in our hands as the key which unlocks the mystery of His love, of our sin, of His justice and mercy, and of His programme of salvation for the human race.

Once we regard the Bible as a whole it begins to take on a new meaning. The Old Testament (OT) is preparatory to the New Testament (NT). The NT cannot be understood apart from the OT, neither can the OT be appreciated apart from the NT. As we read, study and prayerfully meditate on the Bible, we begin to discover that God’s way of dealing with man in the OT is but a picture of His dealing with man in the NT. Salvation for a fallen race was to be through the Man Christ Jesus from the very beginning; but before His coming, His death and resurrection, God dealt with the nation into whom Christ was to be born in the same way as He would thereafter deal with men individually through the Lord Jesus Christ. In other words, God’s dealing with Israel was a type or shadow of His dealings with you and me. As soon as we grasp this truth, the OT becomes transformed from a book of dry history and unintelligible sacrifices to a book of Divine revelation.

It is high time you dumped the lie of the devil that deceives you into thinking that you will become wiser by relying on the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and that you can create God in your own image but receive the wisdom that comes from above from the Father of lights in whom their is no shadow of darkness so that you can inherit eternal life.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by toneyb: 5:44pm On May 17, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

If you want to know God you will do yourself a lot of good by reading the Holy Bible where you will see how God reveals Himself in stages. The Word of God starts from the opening verses of Genesis to the closing verses of Revelation, and this shows the evidence of heavenly authenticity. Every page is both historically and scientifically accurate. While, however, the Bible has the evidence of all this, it is not primarily a book of history, nor is it primarily a book of scientific record. Basically, it is a book of Divine revelation. The whole book is a complete revelation of God’s plan of redemption for mankind. He places it in our hands as the key which unlocks the mystery of His love, of our sin, of His justice and mercy, and of His programme of salvation for the human race.

The highlighted part is very false. there is very little accurate science in the bible and most of its claims/stories have no historical evidence. The sun does not move from place to place as it is written in the bible. Stars can not fall from the sky, evil spirits do not cause diseases, the whole creation story is completely against what science says, there is no historical or scientific evidence for events like the exodus, the kingdom of David, Solomon, the wars in Joshua, Judges, the infanticide that was ordered by king Herod in the new testament, the Jewish saint raising from the dead when Jesus was crucified and so many of the stories instead there is more than enough evidence to show that they never happened but were mere legends and myths. Very little history is being recorded in the bible.

Once we regard the Bible as a whole it begins to take on a new meaning. The Old Testament (OT) is preparatory to the New Testament (NT). The NT cannot be understood apart from the OT, neither can the OT be appreciated apart from the NT. As we read, study and prayerfully meditate on the Bible, we begin to discover that God’s way of dealing with man in the OT is but a picture of His dealing with man in the NT. Salvation for a fallen race was to be through the Man Christ Jesus from the very beginning; but before His coming, His death and resurrection, God dealt with the nation into whom Christ was to be born in the same way as He would thereafter deal with men individually through the Lord Jesus Christ. In other words, God’s dealing with Israel was a type or shadow of His dealings with you and me. As soon as we grasp this truth, the OT becomes transformed from a book of dry history and unintelligible sacrifices to a book of Divine revelation.

Is Jesus God himself or the Son of God? If he is God himself then why did the bible say that he is presently sitting at the right hand of God?

It is high time you dumped the lie of the devil that deceives you into thinking that you will become wiser by relying on the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and that you can create God in your own image but receive the wisdom that comes from above from the Father of lights in whom their is no shadow of darkness so that you can inherit eternal life.

You can believe in what ever you want to but stop lying for Jesus.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by bawomolo(m): 6:18pm On May 17, 2009
The fact that you do not know of the existence of "Joe Blog" does not mean that he does not exist.

wouldn't this theory apply to the multitude of supreme beings. You really can't say Apollo, Zeus exist. Heck i can easily argue Aliens brought humans to earth. Your beliefs are based on faith on Only ONE GOD and not fact.
Re: Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:37am On May 19, 2009
@huxley, toneyb, bawomolo et al

In Romans 1:20, Paul makes it clear that, from the evidence we observe around us, a Creator obviously exists.  If you guys don't believe this, you are without excuse.  Listen to Paul's letter to the atheists:  "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse."  Even the nature of God as in the Godhead has been revealed in nature!

The Bible also plainly says in Romans 10:9 that we need to do more than recognise our Creator: "If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

So even if a person believes in a Creator and is a theist, he will be separated from God forever, just as atheist will, unless he receives the free gift of salvation through Jesus Christ.  Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  Unless one believes this declaration made by Jesus Christ one cannot spend eternity in heaven with the Lord.

So, from a biblical perspective, it is not good enough for us just to believe in a Creator God or just to change from an atheist to a theist or to just know about God because God did not fill the universe with His glory just so we could be awed by it but He intended us to turn to Him, and to enjoy Him forever.  From the perspective of understanding the ultimate meaning of life, merely seeing the wonders of creation and recognising a Designer is a futile exercise unless a person comes to know the Creator/Redeemer, who is revealed in the written Word of God as we have in the Bible.

Afterall, nature does not tell us what we need to know in order to be saved.  Rather, we must turn to God's written revelation for the answers: "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Rom.10:17).  Also, Isaiah 55:11 states, "So shall my word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."  The word of God, not man's words, convicts us and brings us to faith in Christ.

As you can see on this forum and in this present sinful world, evolutionary naturalism pervades the culture, this is the reason why it is necessary to show the evidence for the infinite intelligent Creator unlike the deception that permeates the educational institutions where students are indoctrinated the lies of the origin of life and man that teaches that everything arose by natural processes with no supernatural activity involved.  When we talk about an intelligent Designer, we are not talking about all sorts of gods such as the Hindu god, a New Age god, or the Muslim god or your so called Zeus or aliens as possible intelligence, instead of the one true Creator God.

Mankind's sinful heart is the reason why people are not seeking after the true Creator God.  Our hearts are too corrupt to take up the challenge to find God and we cannot do this without the Bible.  Jeremiah 17:9 states, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked."  Ephesians 2:1 explains that humans are "dead in trespasses and sins."  We cannot raise ourselves from the dead.  Only the One who has ultimate power over death can do that and He is the infinite Creator God.  Romans 3:11 tells us that "there is none who understands; there is none who seeks after God."  Even if someone is convinced that some intelligence or creator must have designed the universe, their sinful heart will not want the true God.  We, just like Adam are in rebellion against our Creator God.  People are more likely to pursue a false god than the true One, just as is evidenced in this thread.  The human heart does not want to submit to the Word of the One who created us.  That is the very nature of our sin, inherited from Adam, after he rebelled against the words God clearly gave him in the Garden of Eden.

Despite the numerous evidence that we Christians have produced that there has to be a Creator God to show us that you have no excuse to deny the Creator, we still feel that we have to share what the Bible reveals about the true God and His unique plan of salvation and restoration.  Jesus Christ the Son of God who is also God the Son, paid the ultimate penalty for our sins, which God planned before the beginning of time.  Where you stand in relation to the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, is the most important thing in the entire universe.  Not all theists will go to heaven but heaven awaits all theists and creationists who place their trust in Jesus Christ, the Creator and Redeemer!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daily Prophecies By Prophet Olaye George / Religious People, Please Answer- Why Are Smart People More Likely 2 Be Atheists? / Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.