Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

1999 Toyota Camry Ac Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 1999 Toyota Camry Ac Problem (2440 Views)

How To Determing A Good Toyota Camry Ac Compressor / 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) / Help Gurus. 2011 Toyota Camry AC...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1999 Toyota Camry Ac Problem by winzy(m): 9:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
Good day all... I have this Toyota camry 1999 that the ac won't work even when repaired many times.. It will just work for highest a month and start blowing hot again, but the one that really pissed me off was that I went to an ac technician last week and he filled the gas, added oil and checked for leakage but found none... BTW he said my compressor is OK.... Only for me to switch the ac on today and it started blowing hot again... I wanted to cry, please gurus in the house.... Advice me on what to do, please
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry Ac Problem by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:43am On Nov 03, 2015
It is still leaking.
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry Ac Problem by ogawisdom(m): 9:11am On Nov 03, 2015
winzy:
Good day all... I have this Toyota camry 1999 that the ac won't work even when repaired many times.. It will just work for highest a month and start blowing hot again, but the one that really pissed me off was that I went to an ac technician last week and he filled the gas, added oil and checked for leakage but found none... BTW he said my compressor is OK.... Only for me to switch the ac on today and it started blowing hot again... I wanted to cry, please gurus in the house.... Advice me on what to do, please

Lol pls dnt cry the compressor has a serious leak I guess, I have dumped ac on my car for 2months on acct of this until am ready to buy a toks compressor n brand new condenser.

Most ac technician can't trace a leak on car ac system, do they even have d equipment to do dt, dts the major challenge.

Urs seems to b a major leak if it lasts only a few days, when did u service ur ac system last n did u replace any component, expansion valve, dryer, evaporator/freezer, compressor n condenser.
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry Ac Problem by winzy(m): 9:32am On Nov 03, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
It is still leaking.
What do I have to do? Sire
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry Ac Problem by winzy(m): 9:33am On Nov 03, 2015
ogawisdom:

Lol pls dnt cry the compressor has a serious leak I guess, I have dumped ac on my car for 2months on acct of this until am ready to buy a toks compressor n brand new condenser.

Most ac technician can't trace a leak on car ac system, do they even have d equipment to do dt, dts the major challenge.

Urs seems to b a major leak if it lasts only a few days, when did u service ur ac system last n did u replace any component, expansion valve, dryer, evaporator/freezer, compressor n condenser.

It's been a while, broo.... If d compressor is leaking hw can I know that?
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry Ac Problem by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 03, 2015
You seem to have a leaking evaporator. It's within the dashboard so you may not detect a leak from it easily.
But first check your compressor, condenser and hoses for any visible leaks (you should see oil stains).

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry Ac Problem by kollysnut(m): 12:50am On Nov 04, 2015
first check weda the AC light is blinking after u powered the AC for some minutes, if it does. i heard similar issue with my 2001 toyota camry. A rewire fix the problem, yes i mean a rewire.

if yes, call me on 08035688323 am kola.

i will refer u to the rewire,

within 10minutes he will fix it i swear down, i will tank me later.

only if u r in Lagos, thanks
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry Ac Problem by dammizz(m): 6:54am On Nov 04, 2015
ogawisdom:

Any idea on the cost of compressor & condenser
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry Ac Problem by winzy(m): 3:44pm On Nov 04, 2015
OK... I will take it back to the technician to recheck the evaporator
Thanks for the comments and contribution

2 Likes

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry Ac Problem by ogawisdom(m): 9:07pm On Nov 04, 2015
dammizz:

Any idea on the cost of compressor & condenser

Toks compressor for 99 Camry and brand new condenser shldnt b above 30k for d two
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry Ac Problem by dammizz(m): 9:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
ogawisdom:

Toks compressor for 99 Camry and brand new condenser shldnt b above 30k for d two

Thank you. Mech asks for 25k, fair enough
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry Ac Problem by winzy(m): 8:33pm On Nov 06, 2015
I went to the technician today and after inspection he said I should change the dryer and showed me oil around it... What do you guys think? Pls
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry Ac Problem by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
He should be right. Just like i said in a previous post. Anywhere you see oil stain along the pipes is a highly likely leakage point.

(1) (Reply)

1996 GOLD Toyota Camry Stolen In Onitsha -. Recovered / Found / Rear Left Light And The City Metal Emblem Of Honda City 2007 Model Wanted / Honda Accord 2008 Vs Toyota Camry 2008.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.