Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Helping Christians Think - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Helping Christians Think (3854 Views)

What Do Christians Think Of Homo Neanderthals? / Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money / How Christians Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
The Bible is very strange indeed, on the one hand it talks of god not wanting man to have knowledge, know good, evil or have everlasting life, then on the other it talks of mans salvation.

I have always wondered about the Tower of Babel story. If the "Gods" wanted world peace why would they have divided people like that? by making communication and co-operation impossible?

I am thinking it is more likely to be an ancient stargate as the "Gods" of the Old Testament did not appear to have any issues with violence and destruction.

God -speaking in plural- is worried man can achieve EVERYTHING THEY WANTED , even reaching the lap of the gods, so he decided "let's climb down" and confuse them... just like his worries about Adam and Eve REACHING THE TREE OF EVERLASTING LIFE indeed as they did become like him knowing good and evil.

If it was just stone, mud or bricks I doubt that God and the angels in Heaven would be concerned about it.Modern man always assumes that ancient man was primitive,but we might be shocked they were way more advanced than we thought

According to a story carved in stone,a story that predated the supposed "Flood Story" narated in details about how it happed.

The Tower to Heaven

"Marduke takes land, shows his followers brick making. and to use fire so that they may serve as stone. and Builds a tower.
Marduke is building An unpermited gateway to heaven(a stargate). If this we allow to happen, no other matter of Mankind shall be unreached. This evil plan must be stopped! Ninurta said; all with that agreed. It was nighttime when the Enlilite Anunnaki came, From thier skyships with fire and brimstone the tower they rained and destroyed. The followers they spread across the land. Enlil in each region and every land the people a different tounge he made to speak. a different form of writing he made that the other would not understand"

2 Likes

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 02, 2015
Thought provoking.! Who can search the Depth of God?
Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 02, 2015
The fact that man lived for 100's or even in some cases up to a 1000 years before the flood, shows they were either highly developed in the medical field and only after the flood for some reason, mankind seemed to take a huge backward step.

So it wouldn't be inconceivable that some sort of technology did survive the flood and some greater power somewhere didn't want us to have that technology and did indeed step in and remove it.

For a "God" to be worried about bricks and mortar seems very strange indeed.

Any input from Christians is much welcomed. Perhaps those who read the Bible with the Holy Spirit could help me out here

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
@OP, I am moved to drop this word of advise to you based on your quest for knowing beyond what has been revealed. Be guided:

[NLT] Deuteronomy 29:29 “The Lord our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for all that he has revealed to us, so that we may obey all the terms of these instructions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 12:19am On Nov 03, 2015
krusdamax:
@OP, I am moved to drop this word of advise to you based on your quest for knowing beyond what has been revealed. Be guided:

[NLT] Deuteronomy 29:29 “The Lord our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for all that he has revealed to us, so that we may obey all the terms of these instructions.

Basically the gods don't want us to have knowledge,they are ok with us fighting religious wars while they laugh behind our back? Are you aware of what you just quoted? This is no joke you know......

Man will escape this planet regardless.

1 Like

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 03, 2015
They want you in churches worshiping them,not searching for real knowledge. Now who is the devil?

2 Likes

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 03, 2015
ifeness:

Basically the gods don't want us to have knowledge,they are ok with us fighting religious wars while they laugh behind our back? Are you aware of what you just quoted? This is no joke you know......
Man will escape this planet regardless.

Maybe this can help:

[NLT] Romans 1:20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 03, 2015
krusdamax:

Maybe this can help:

[NLT] Romans 1:20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

You do know what the term God means don't you? But tell me,is that really true? There is nothing divine about our planet. It is all technology and technology. Tell me anything divine about this planet? Man fell from advance technology and is trying to find his way back. It is in the Gods interest we stayed divided

1 Like

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 03, 2015
ifeness:

You do know what the term God means don't you? But tell me,is that really true? There is nothing divine about our planet. It is all technology and technology. Tell me anything divine about this planet? Man fell from advance technology and is trying to find his way back. It is in the Gods interest we stayed divided

[NLT] 1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace, as in all the meetings of God’s holy people.

[ESV] Romans 15:33 May the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 03, 2015
krusdamax:

[NLT] 1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace, as in all the meetings of God’s holy people.

And how true is that?

Genesis 11;1-9

11 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As people moved eastward,[a] they found a plain in Shinar[b] and settled there.

3 They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”

5 But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”

8 So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel[c]—because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

Can you please explain!!

1 Like

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 03, 2015
How could your "god" be a god of peace?

1 Like

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 03, 2015
ifeness:

And how true is that?

Genesis 11;1-9

11 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As people moved eastward,[a] they found a plain in Shinar[b] and settled there.

3 They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”

5 But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”

8 So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel[c]—because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

Can you please explain!!

Explanation:

God created the whole earth to be inhabited by man but man in disobedience wanted to cluster at a chosen location and build a city where all will settle without filling the earth.

See this:
[NIV] Acts 17:26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 03, 2015
ifeness:
How could your "god" be a god of peace?

[NIV] 1 Thessalonians 5:23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 03, 2015
krusdamax:

Explanation:

God created the whole earth to be inhabited by man but man in disobedience wanted to cluster at a chosen location and build a city where all will settle without filling the earth.

See this:
[NIV] Acts 17:26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

God particle exploded into several particles and formed all the galaxies,universes and the smallest bits of God particle(which includes you and I)
God is not an external force.

Back to the topic....

Now tell me....how did man disobey "god"? Do you really believe the tower of babel was indeed a building? Can a building really touch the heaven? Please don't take this story literally,they meant something different. How can man build a building that can touch the heavens and be with the gods if not through a Portal?

I believe they built a passage to the world the gods reside and the gods were scared. They also tampered with man's DNA and made man live shorter lives so they won't gather much knowledge before they die.

I think you are mistaking religion with reality.

1 Like

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 03, 2015
krusdamax:

[NIV] 1 Thessalonians 5:23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Can you explain without bible verses....You ain't saying nothing so far lol

1 Like

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 1:21am On Nov 03, 2015
ifeness:

Can you explain without bible verses....You ain't saying nothing so far lol

I have no word of my own because:

[ESV] John 8:47 Whoever is of God hears the words of God. "

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 1:23am On Nov 03, 2015
krusdamax:

And what is the word of God? Everything you are posting contradicts each other

1 Like

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 03, 2015
ifeness:

And what is the word of God? Everything you are posting contradicts each other

[NLT] Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 03, 2015
krusdamax:

[NLT] Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.

Is that all you got?

1 Like

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 2:31am On Nov 03, 2015
ifeness:

Is that all you got?

God bless you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 2:33am On Nov 03, 2015
krusdamax:

God bless you

Which of the gods?

Why can't Christians have intelligent convos other than spill bible verse all over the place.

You contributed nothing to the thread...just posting verses all over the place

1 Like

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 03, 2015
[ESV] Isaiah 45:5 I am the Lord, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know me,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helping Christians Think by plaetton: 6:55am On Nov 03, 2015
krusdamax:

Just because you are sheep, and happy to be sheep, doesn't mean that others should not seek and be mentally sovereign.

3 Likes

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 03, 2015
ifeness:

For a "God" to be worried about bricks and mortar seems very strange indeed.
ifeness, How do you KNOW what God is worried about or NOT worried about?
Re: Helping Christians Think by plaetton: 6:57am On Nov 03, 2015
krusdamax:
[ESV] Isaiah 45:5 I am the Lord, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know me,

What a hilarious lie.
Same God that forbids you to worship other gods?

Only a foolish god says there are no other gods-logicboy03.

3 Likes

Re: Helping Christians Think by plaetton: 6:58am On Nov 03, 2015
ikenigel:

ifeness, How do you KNOW what God is worried about or NOT worried about?

Is it there in black and white in your bible.
I know that Christians do not read the bible.

2 Likes

Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 03, 2015
plaetton:

Is it there in black and white in your bible.
I know that Christians do not read the bible.
Dude, do you an ATHEIST believe what is written in any book? How can atheists even CLAIM to know what God thinks about/not from any book at all? The same books you claim is a hogwash? Is it not absurd you still claim to KNOW something FROM the same books you condemn? Is that not folly? If you condemn all holy books, LEAVE them out of any of your bloody arguments. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helping Christians Think by trapQ: 7:08am On Nov 03, 2015
this is a very beautiful reply.
krusdamax:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Helping Christians Think by plaetton: 7:22am On Nov 03, 2015
ikenigel:

Dude, do you an ATHEIST believe what is written in any book? How can atheists even CLAIM to know what God thinks about/not from any book at all? The same books you claim is a hogwash? Is it not absurd you still claim to KNOW something FROM the same books you condemn? Is that not folly? If you condemn all holy books, LEAVE them out of any of your bloody arguments. smiley

You were the first to quote from your book of slowpoke ( I mean your bible).
It is only common sense that we use same book of slowpoke to prove our point.

The first point is that you do not even read the book.

Second point is that your faith does not encourage you to read and understand what is written in the book.

The third point is if you did understand, which I know is not possible, then you would be too ashamed to quote it in a public forum.

2 Likes

Re: Helping Christians Think by trapQ: 7:26am On Nov 03, 2015
this is very wrong. whether we worship him or not adds nothing to him, rather we gain more. I see you're searching for answers, which is very good.

if some Christians tell you the things which they see that you don't, you'll debunk them, saying they're lies. how then will you find these things out yourself?? its simple. JESUS is the answer.

Jeremiah 33:3 " call on me, and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things which you knowest not".

Jeremiah 29:13 "you will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart".

have you asked God to show you anything to prove himself to you?? God has the answer to all your questions. if science has failed to give you the answer to your questions, there's nothing wrong in giving Go a chance. you mustn't do it tho, I gave a suggestion.
ifeness:
They want you in churches worshiping them,not searching for real knowledge. Now who is the devil?
Re: Helping Christians Think by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 03, 2015
plaetton:

You were the first to quote from your book of slowpoke ( I mean your bible).
It is only common sense that we use same book of slowpoke to prove our point.

The first point is that you do not even read the book.

Second point is that your faith does not encourage you to read and understand what is written in the book.

The third point is if you did understand, which I know is not possible, then you would be too ashamed to quote it in a public forum.
This is a very uninformed reply. I never quoted from ANY BOOK here. Have I? I also never told you my faith. Who is being moronic here? Is it the one who blatantly attacks assumed faiths/books of anyone or the one who asks a simple straightforward question?

1 Like

Re: Helping Christians Think by CoolUsername: 7:36am On Nov 03, 2015
Why is it that the Tower of Babel idea was thwarted by God in the bible when today we have extremely tall structures (Eiffel Tower, Burj Khalifa, etc), aircrafts, and even rockets. Why are all these things suddenly ok?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are Your Hope And Expectations For 2024? / How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy / Isreal New Law Makes It Criminal To Tell People About Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.