Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Yoruba Is This, Hausa Has That,igbo Is This .why? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Yoruba Is This, Hausa Has That,igbo Is This .why? (978 Views)

Why Is It That Igbo Girls Abroad Must Marry In Their Village? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Is This, Hausa Has That,igbo Is This .why? by Comfyski(f): 4:34pm On Nov 03, 2015
Is it just me or does it seem like our parents are extra tribalistic especially when it comes to marriage?..
A friend of mine has a serious relationship with a guy from Rivers..She's yoruba, Ondo precisely..Her parents said she'll never marry from the east that it must be her tribe. I was astounded only to go home to gist about it,thinking my parents would see it as creating walls and disunity as I'm seeing, only for them to share the same point of view as ma friends parents . meaning I will have such issues too.
Ogun is this,Imo is that, Calabar has this, Kebbi has that, bayelsa this, Benin that..Why? Is it really true we must judge ourselves as individuals according to tribe?
Re: Yoruba Is This, Hausa Has That,igbo Is This .why? by KanwuliaJara: 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2015
When it comes to tribalism, you can't beat the EAST and the WEST!
They deserve each other! kiss

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is This, Hausa Has That,igbo Is This .why? by fulaniHERDSman(m): 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2015
............. cool
Re: Yoruba Is This, Hausa Has That,igbo Is This .why? by eyinjuege: 11:09pm On Nov 03, 2015
Welcome to the real world, where stereotyping is the order of the day angry
Unfortunate, but it is what it is. You can try and change it though, by raising your brood to judge people as humans and individuals first and foremost.
It's sad that most oldies in the previous generations are a lost cause, don't even bother trying to convince them. Just do what it's in your heart to do, make your choices and get ready to live with the consequences regardless.
Re: Yoruba Is This, Hausa Has That,igbo Is This .why? by Stillfire: 11:36pm On Nov 03, 2015
And that is how they ruined Nigeria with all their bitterness.
As if there are no demonic marriages inside their own ethnic groups.
I hope there are no girls still falling for such scare tactics in 2015. There are 7 billion people in the world and a woman would restrict finding her happiness in one tiny fraction of humans? Rubbish.
Any girl that falls for such scare tactics in 2015, should be slapped. angry angry cheesy

eyinjuege:
Welcome to the real world, where stereotyping is the order of the day angry
Unfortunate, but it is what it is. You can try and change it though, by raising your brood to judge people as humans and individuals first and foremost.
It's sad that most oldies in the previous generations are a lost cause, don't even bother trying to convince them. Just do what it's in your heart to do, make your choices and get ready to live with the consequences regardless.

Serious lost cause. I have never understood restricting your love life to your village, lmao.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is This, Hausa Has That,igbo Is This .why? by dfrost: 1:51am On Nov 04, 2015
eyinjuege:
It's sad that most oldies in the previous generations are a lost cause, don't even bother trying to convince them.

Even the young folks are not left out. A colleague of mine will always hit out at me with derogatory slurs. Instead of getting angry, I immediately switch to my native dialect and laugh out loud. And this is someone whose first cousin is from another tribe and a celebrity. Smh for some humans.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is This, Hausa Has That,igbo Is This .why? by IndianaJay: 3:08pm On Nov 05, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
When it comes to tribalism, you can't beat the EAST and the WEST!
They deserve each other! kiss

And the North?
Re: Yoruba Is This, Hausa Has That,igbo Is This .why? by KanwuliaJara: 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2015
IndianaJay:

And the North?

Not as bad as those TWO! kiss
Re: Yoruba Is This, Hausa Has That,igbo Is This .why? by spiralwedge(m): 11:21pm On Nov 07, 2015
grin grin @kanwuliajara

At op, the younger generation is worse and myopic. Brainwashed by their parents, they are often naive especially if they are not born n bred in either Lag or Abuja.

Kanwulia discriminates too, especially against Yoruba.

Now to add my own stereotyping, Ondo generally discriminates, even against their Yoruba kinsmen. So dont just go there. Ondo or Ekiti rarely marry from Ogun and Lagos states.. They are civilization apart from one another.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Survive Mother-in-law / See What I Noticed / 4 Crazy Plastic Surgery Procedures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.