Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,398 members, 7,954,577 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:21 PM

Why Is It That Igbo Girls Abroad Must Marry In Their Village? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It That Igbo Girls Abroad Must Marry In Their Village? (748 Views)

Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room / Why Did You Marry In The First Place. / You Must Marry Me - Lady Tells Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Igbo Girls Abroad Must Marry In Their Village? by 2buffagain(m): 6:01pm On Jan 31, 2018
It would seem that of all tribes, igbo are the most geographically tied to their village.

We dey yankee.
All the igbo girls I know who marry require traveling back to their villages even when the girl and her necessary family members live abroad.
These add to costs. Is this something to be expected when a guy is considering an igbo girl abroad?
Re: Why Is It That Igbo Girls Abroad Must Marry In Their Village? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 31, 2018
So they can appease the witches who want to destroy their marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Igbo Girls Abroad Must Marry In Their Village? by Afam4eva(m): 6:07pm On Jan 31, 2018
2buffagain:
It would seem that of all tribes, igbo are the most geographically tied to their village.

We dey yankee.
All the igbo girls I know who marry require traveling back to their villages even when the girl and her necessary family members live abroad.
These add to costs. Is this something to be expected when a guy is considering an igbo girl abroad?
I don't understand your question. Is it that the girls go back to their village to look for husbands or go there for the traditional marriage rites?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Igbo Girls Abroad Must Marry In Their Village? by anibirelawal(m): 6:13pm On Jan 31, 2018
It is tradition na.
Re: Why Is It That Igbo Girls Abroad Must Marry In Their Village? by Tallesty1(m): 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2018
2buffagain:

We dey yankee.
How exactly is this your business? Does their going home to marry affect you in any way?

If your problem is the jollof rice and drink that you're going to miss then book a flight.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Igbo Girls Abroad Must Marry In Their Village? by 2buffagain(m): 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2018
Afam4eva:

I don't understand your question. Is it that the girls go back to their village to look for husbands or go there for the traditional marriage rites?

Guy, I don't think its too hard to comprehend the question. Just try and read the post again. slowly. particularly the last sentence.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Igbo Girls Abroad Must Marry In Their Village? by 2buffagain(m): 8:04pm On Jan 31, 2018
Tallesty1:
How exactly is this your business? Does their going home to marry affect you in any way?

If your problem is the jollof rice and drink that you're going to miss then book a flight.

Later you people will say "there are no jobs" when you can't even apply BASIC reading and comprehension before typing.
I have nothing to say to you.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Igbo Girls Abroad Must Marry In Their Village? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 31, 2018
2buffagain:

Later you people will say "there are no jobs" when you can't even apply BASIC reading and comprehension before typing.
I have nothing to say to you.

Mature savage.... Chai !

I'm interested in learning from the responses people will comment ...Do you mind creating a duplicate thread in the romance section? It will attract more views there and who knows, i feel/think you'll get answers there

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Igbo Girls Abroad Must Marry In Their Village? by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 01, 2018
The thing is, marrying a lady from Igbo land is not just an immediate family issue. There are some other things you ought to do (traditionally) and these things require the presence of maybe an elderly uncle, aunty, kinsmen(AMALA), umuada or even Eze mmuo. These people may not reside in Yankee so they ought to go to their village and sort these things out. Simply put, they travel to give ceasar what belongs to ceasar.
I hope this helps a little.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I See Soldiers In My Dreams Too Many A Time / Sold 100% Working Samsung 1.5hp Split Air Conditioner / Come In: Household Items For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.